Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Rain 2 : Key To Paradise ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Hmm…there's so response…”
 
David sighed deeply and took off his glasses and set them upon the desk and rubbed his face while sighing deeply. He had opened up a research organization of a peculiar flower in America and it seemed he was lacking something in order to do more research upon it.
 
“I don't understand. We've done everything we could and yet there's no response.”
 
“Perhaps it doesn't have the right technology,” whispered Nadeshiko.
 
She looked at the glass globe filled with crystal blue water, and within the very center a tiny secured bud was connected to many wires that led out of the globe. She walked over towards it and placed her hand gently upon it while adjusting her glasses and then moving a few strands of midnight blue hair out of her eyes.
 
“Are you suggesting we take it to somewhere else?” David asked while eying her.
 
“That would be a good idea,” she said out then eyed David. “I know you are wanting to keep it in the states but the technology you have…it won't last. Besides, you are trying to see if you can reawake the lunar flower, right?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Then give this flower to me. I will go to Tokyo and set up a place for it there. You can visit and start your research again with new wolves-.”
 
“Do you still believe it takes wolves to open paradise?” David asked and Nadeshiko narrowed her eyes then glanced at the globe. “Wolves are nothing but mere animals to me. They mean nothing…the only thing that can open up paradise will have to be this flower.”
 
David walked off out of the laboratory and Nadeshiko stayed behind. She kept her eyes on the small withered flower within and a deep sigh came from her. She wondered if David was telling the truth…ever since she had stumbled upon a mysterious book and have showed it to him, she has been in this very laboratory since then.
 
“Are you…really the key to the new paradise promised?” Nadeshiko whispered and slowly walked off.
 
Two Years Later…
 
The sky was filled with stars and it was slightly chilled. Streetlights were on and very few amount of people were outside heading towards home.
 
A large white animal walked out of the bushes and started to sniff about on the asphalt ground. His beautiful white coat ruffled slightly as the chilled wind blew against him.
 
`Something seems to be pulling me…something seems to be calling me. I will find it…and I will reopen a wolf's paradise…'
 
In the cold night air a familiar scent filled the animal's nose. His ears straightened up and slowly he headed towards the scent then took off running.
 
Chapter One
-Encounter The Gift From The Moon-
 
Inside Himura Academy class B, there were many students gathered around a few desks chattering about. One girl sat near the window with her head buried in a comic book. Her shoulders were moving slightly from her laughter then suddenly someone grabbed onto her and she looked towards the person.
 
“Aren't you worried one bit about what you got on your test?” Minako asked while eying her friend.
 
“Not really,” Aiko responded, “I'm sure I did a good job.”
 
“So, the third answer was Edo period?” one of the other girls asked and Aiko glanced towards them.
 
`Edo period? Wasn't the Meiji period?' Aiko asked herself while looking at the other girls.
 
“What's the fourth one?” another girl asked.
 
“The burials are kofun,” one girl announced a few squealed.
 
`You mean…tofu isn't one of the answers?' Aiko began to shake and a sweat bead formed.
 
“Oh, enough about that. Let's see what the bonus was!”
 
`Yeah, I'm sure I got the huge bonus. I mean, come on! Even I knew the exact answer to this.' Aiko started to have confidence in herself and she straightened up.
 
“Those people were called Jomon.”
 
`What?! The answer has got to be Ramen! Wait, ramen is a type of food! I'm so stupid!'
 
“Hmm, lucky. I got the bonus right,” Minako smiled and she looked at her friend grabbing onto their hair while shaking. “Ai-chan, are you ok?”
 
“I…I failed…I failed!” Aiko began to cry out and Minako sighed deeply.
 
“Did you spend some time on it?”
 
“…I was reading over it! While playing a game.”
 
“I swear! You have to start studying or you'll become like Takashi!” Minako shouted out and Aiko sighed deeply.
 
“I bet even Taka-kun did better than me.”
 
“And you're right!” Takashi popped out of nowhere and he stood next to Minako.
 
“Oro? You got a higher score than Ai-chan?” Minako asked and Takashi ran his fingers through his chestnut hair with a smirk.
 
“Of course! I actually studied this time! How did Ai do?”
 
“…I don't want to talk about. Well, I'm leaving,” Aiko mumbled and she got up then headed out of the classroom.
 
“I'll call you later!” Minako waved and her blonde hair moved with rhythm along with the wind.
 
Aiko walked out of the school building and headed out of the gates. She had her arms behind her head while looking up at the sky. A deep sigh came from her and she continued on with her way.
 
As the wind blew her semi-long black hair gently waved about. Her dark brown eyes focused on the road before her and the sunlight warmed her ivory skin. She stood at the height of 165 cm and had a slim figure with a cute face. She wasn't the most beautiful girl in school or the most intelligent, but many would describe as an `average' girl.
 
“Ai!” Sumi called out.
 
“Ah, Sumi-ni chan,” Aiko smiled as her cousin ran up to her.
 
So her life wasn't really `average'. So she lived with her aunt rather than with her parents, but still…she believed she had an average life.
 
“How did you do on your test?” Sumi asked and Aiko laughed nervously.
 
“Wa~ I'm hungry! I hope aunt made something for us to eat.”
 
“Hmm? Yeah,” Sumi smiled brightly as she looked at the younger girl and the two walked off. “I'm sure you did great.”
 
“Well-…yeah, I hope,” Aiko smiled softly and the two walked off.
 
“You didn't do so well, did you?” Sumi asked and Aiko stopped and looked at her cousin in shock.
 
“I-I-.”
 
“You really should have studied instead of just playing around.”
 
Sumi continued on walking off and Aiko looked at the ground disappointedly. She then sighed deeply and Sumi glanced back at her cousin and sighed slightly.
 
“Come on, let's go! I'll buy you something good to eat.”
 
Aiko looked up at Sumi and smiled brightly. “I'm coming!” she said out and ran off then spotted something glimmering near the bushes. “Huh? What's this?” Quickly she went up to it and kneeled down then picked it up. “Wow! It's so pretty!” Aiko gasped as she held a tiny glass bottle about the size of her pinky.
 
Inside the glass bottle there was a tiny white bud and small white petals closed up. She tipped the bottle to the side and tilted her head to the side as well.
 
“Strange…it looks like one of those messenger bottles you throw at sea,” Aiko whispered and tried to open the cork.
 
“Aiko!” Sumi called out. “If you don't hurry I won't buy you anything!”
 
“Coming!” Aiko shouted back and she ran off while holding onto the glass bottle.
 
As she was ran off someone stood in the spot of where Aiko had found the item. They looked off into the distance of where Aiko and Sumi were walking together and they sniffed the scent in the air.
 
`Scent…of the lunar flower…'