Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Rain 2 : Key To Paradise ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two
-Too Cute? Too Troublesome-
 
“More please!” Aiko shouted out from the dinner table and her aunt glanced at her surprisingly.
 
“It's strange of you to eat this much,” her uncle said out while keeping his eyes on the soccer game.
 
“I thought you were on a diet,” Sumi whispered and Aiko laughed nervously then waved her hand in front of her cousin.
 
“Diet? No way!”
 
“You should be,” her aunt said out strictly and took the rice bowl away from her and placed it in the sink. “Didn't you want that new outfit you saw at the mall? If you want to fit in it you have to be skinny. Besides, it would be horrible if you were fat,” a sudden chuckle came from the aunt. “Remember when Aiko got stuck between the bars in the playground?”
 
“Yeah and she couldn't get out!” laughed out Yoshi, Sumi's older brother while holding up his rice bowl and chopsticks.
 
“You were so cute! We just had to take a picture of you!” her aunt exclaimed out and their whole family laughed.
 
“You people are mean!” Aiko shouted out and she stood up from the table then headed towards her room.
 
“Don't get stuck between the doors!” Yoshi shouted out and Sumi jabbed her brother in the sides. “What? It's only a joke.”
 
Aiko closed the door behind her and she plopped down on her bed. A deep sigh came from her while she looked up at the ceiling and slowly the memories of her getting stuck between the two wooden poles came to mind. She laughed gently then turned on her side while moving her legs slowly, as if she was walking.
 
Suddenly there came a slight vibrating noise and she glanced towards her desk. Her cell phone was lighting up and was moving while vibrating. Aiko got up and opened her phone then heard Minako shouting out something to her while she could hear Takashi in the background, laughing.
 
“Ai, you better get here fast! Taka-kun is going crazy!” Minako shouted out.
 
“What happened?” Aiko asked as she sat up on her bed.
 
“He's drunk!”
 
“Geez, I swear I told him not to…where are you?”
 
“Right now I followed him near the Memo Café. Ah! Taka-kun, that's not the bathroom!”
 
With that said Minako hung up and Aiko sighed deeply. She got off her bed and walked out of her room then headed towards the door. Sumi noticed her cousin and she headed towards the door.
 
“You going out?”
 
“Yeah, I'm going out to the rescue!” Aiko said out while pointing out into the starry night.
 
“…Shut up and buy some bread while you're at it.”
 
“Money,” Aiko demanded and Sumi laughed then slapped her cousin hard on the arm. “That hurt!”
 
“Shut up. I know you carry money in your baggy pants.”
 
“They're not baggy! They're just…”
 
“GO!” Sumi said out and she shoved her cousin out the apartment and Aiko grunted then left.
 
Meanwhile Minako was chasing around Takashi and he was laughing hysterically. People inside the café looked out the window and pointed at the two friends. Some people laughed while the elders shook their heads in disgrace. Minako shook Takashi roughly while shouting out his name when suddenly a shoe came flying towards them and hit Takashi on the head.
 
“Oro? Aiko!” Minako exclaimed and Aiko rushed over towards them then…
 
BAM
 
“Oh? That stupid girl tripped,” Takashi laughed out but suddenly Aiko quickly got up and hit him hard on the head.
 
“You stupid bastard! What were you thinking? Drinking that much! Don't you realize we're just in high school?”
 
“You shouldn't be the one talking. You drank also!” Takashi slurred and Aiko shoved him.
 
“That was only once! Twice…anyways you're gonna get your ass kicked if you stay around here any longer!”
 
Aiko continued on yelling and Minako covered her ears. Takashi closed his eyes while listening to the horrible shouts and he was cowering away slowly. Right as Aiko finished yelling he opened his eyes and looked away from her.
 
“No wonder you don't have a boyfriend. Your voice is loud, you're clumsy, you're not smart, and you're a crybaby.”
 
“WHAT? YOU LITTLE BRAT!”
 
… Minutes Later …
 
“Bye Ai-chan! See you tomorrow at school!” Minako waved and she was holding up Takashi.
 
“Walk him home, Mina!” Aiko waved back, “You better get home immediately!” Aiko shouted at Takashi.
 
He had huge swirls in his eyes and his mouth was half open while drool dripped to the ground. Minako looked at him in disgust and started to drag him along.
 
Aiko was heading back home but she had to stop by the bakery to get some fresh bread. As she made her way there she heard a sudden whimpering noise and she stopped in her tracks. Her eyes shifted from side to side and she looked around. No one was around her and the noise stopped.
 
Quickly the door closed and the bell rang vigorously then stopped suddenly. The baker looked towards the door and noticed Aiko panting deeply while she stood against the door. She peaked out the window then the bell fell on her head and to the ground.
 
“Sorry about that,” Aiko apologized and picked up the bell then set it on the counter.
 
“That's alright. You getting bread?” he asked and Aiko nodded then picked up a loaf of bread. “How are things going on for you and your cousin?” he asked and Aiko just smiled.
 
“It's going good,” she said out.
 
“Sumi-chan doing good in school?” he asked and Aiko started to giggle and the young baker blushed. “I mean…she told me she had a huge test a few days ago. I-I was only asking because of that.”
 
“Of course. She's doing great,” Aiko said out and she paid then bowed. “Have a good evening, Eriol-san! I'll tell Sumi-ni chan you said hello.”
 
Aiko left and the baker blushed then went back on decorating his cakes.
 
As Aiko walked out of the bakery shop she stopped and looked around. The noise of whimpering was gone and she thought it could have been her imaginations. She headed towards home but had to walk past the playground. On her way she was twirling the plastic bakery bag around in her hands and it fell.
 
“Shoot! It better not be smashed or my aunt is going to kill me!” she mumbled to herself and as she kneeled down to pick it up, she noticed a dark glimmering substance on the hard ground. “Hmm? What's this? Paint?” Aiko asked as she looked at it then noticed it was leading towards the playground.
 
Aiko looked at it carefully and saw how the more it went towards the playground, the more the shapes were in paw prints. A small gasp escaped from her and she headed towards the playground with full curiosity. Tightly she gripped the plastic bag and swallowed the lump in her throat.
 
“A-anyone there?” she asked out and spotted a form underneath the sled. “Are you alive?”
 
`Wait…animals can't talk.'
 
She headed towards the sled and squinted her eyes through the shadow. Slowly she noticed it was…a dog. It was a huge dog, in fact. White fur with bits of dirt smudged on the tail and legs; along with that there was a freshly cut wound on the front leg and blood was slightly streaming out into the sand.
 
“You poor baby,” Aiko whispered and she looked at it carefully then took a step back. She reached her hand into the bag and opened the plastic crisp cellophane and pulled out one slice of bread and placed it on the ground. “I hope you find your home.”
 
Slowly the animal opened his eyes and golden eyes met dark brown eyes. Aiko blinked several times then smiled nervously and took another step back. She gulped and placed down another slice of bread on the ground. As she did so something slid off of her neck and fell on the sand ground.
 
“Ay! My necklace,” she gasped and the canine looked at the ornament and his eyes widened. “I knew I should have gotten another string for it. This thing is just too weak,” the girl mumbled to herself.
 
`That…can it be? The scent…the familiar scent is coming from that glass.'
 
Slowly the animal got up and Aiko took another step back. His sharp golden eyes were staring into Aiko's dark eyes and sudden fear came over her. She quickly turned around and ran off into the streets.
 
“In that form you'll probably scare her for good,” came a voice near the swings and the white canine looked towards the direction and spotted a young male sitting on the swing sets. “Yup, you scared her pretty good.”
 
“What? Who are you?”
 
“The name's Hige. What's your name?” Hige asked while eying the white canine in the dark that was lit by the streetlights.
 
“You hide yourself? Are you covering your pride of being a wolf?”
 
“Well…I could be in my real form but that would only cause trouble. People view big animals as us scary,” Hige smiled.
 
“What about your-.”
 
“Pride is a good thing to have…but I do want to live. I mean, even to this day wolves are pretty rare. Hey, let me help you out around here. You don't seem like you've been here for a long time.”
 
Soon enough the two were walking in the streets. As their figures were human their shadows portrayed wolves. Hige breathed in deeply and felt the chilled atmosphere around him.
 
“What brings you to this city?” Hige asked as he glanced at the newcomer.
 
“I was following a familiar scent. A familiar scent…that I can't remember…”
 
“Hmm, familiar scent…scent of the flower…”
 
The other male looked at Hige with surprised eyes and Hige only laughed.
 
“You were smelling flowers?”
 
“It's a special flower…the scent continues on calling out to me…”
 
“Oh, hey I didn't get your name yet.”
 
“Kiba is my name.”
 
`It feels like I've known this guy from somewhere before,' Hige thought to himself and he smiled while looking up at the sky.
 
“Well, great to meet you, Kiba. I hope you like it around here.”
 
“How do you stay in a place with so many humans?” Kiba asked and he looked at Hige.
 
“Hmm, it's quite simple. I disguise myself as a student,” he laughed softly and Kiba raised an eyebrow. “People will just think of me as a normal human. Going to a school and meeting some cute girls. It's great, actually. You just live a normal life…I guess. Hey, you wanna join in on my living?” Hige offered and Kiba smiled at him.
 
“What does it take?”
 
“You just gotta relax and go with the flow.”
 
The next day clouds were dark and rain was pouring down. Students of Himura Academy were quickly rushing towards their school while holding up huge umbrellas. Many students were sharing umbrellas while a few were using their backpacks.
 
A few male students stood outside of the building, just standing underneath the roof. They were telling each other jokes or conversing about the day's upcoming homework assignment or quiz. As a few were talking, they noticed how Takashi groaned deeply while rubbing his head.
 
“Hey, what's wrong with you?” Keita asked while tapping Takashi on the arm. “Had a little too much to drink?”
 
“Shut up, your voice rings in my ears.”
 
“My voice? Wow, usually my voice is found delicate and angelic,” Keita sang out and Takashi groaned.
 
“Hey look, it's that the pretty boy?” Ren asked while pushing Keita slightly and the guys looked in the front of the school.
 
They spotted a young male student of their age with soft light brown hair and auburn eyes. He had a slight feminine facial form and his body was just slightly petite. Many of the boys in Himura Academy would talk behind his back and would have different nicknames for him.
 
Takashi glanced at him and he sighed. He saw how Keita was about to go up to the student but quickly Takashi grabbed his arm and pulled him back. The rest of the guys looked at Takashi in slight surprise and Takashi yawned then headed into the building.
 
“Let's go, I want to get some sleep before class starts,” he said out and they guys followed.
 
As school started Minako was writing in her notebook and she glanced towards Aiko and saw her playing with something.
 
“What is that?”
 
“I found it on the ground yesterday. Isn't it pretty?” Aiko asked as she lifted the tiny glass bottle to match Minako's view.
 
“There's just a withered flower in there. Nothing really special.”
 
“True…but I do like the glass bottle. It's pretty,” Aiko smiled brightly and Minako gave her a soft look. “Now, if only I can take this cork out. Ugh, it seems impossible.”
 
“AIKO! PAY ATTENTION!”
 
The teacher shouted out and Aiko apologized then went back to schoolwork.
 
As time passed by it was lunch time and the students were scattered in their cliques. A few girls were giggling while sharing their lunches and they were glancing out the classroom while doing so.
 
“Did you hear about the cute pretty boy?” Rita asked while holding up her chopsticks.
 
“He's so adorable!” Utsumi squealed and the girls all giggled.
 
“Pretty boy?” Aiko asked and Minako looked at her friend. “Aren't those guys usually gay?”
 
“Ai, be nice. They're not gay, they're very sweet and extremely cute,” Minako giggled and Aiko only sweat dropped. “Besides I think it's nice to have such a cute guy in our school. Even though Taka-kun's gang is probably going to bother him. What a troublesome group.”
 
“Maybe I should have a little fun and make fun of him too,” Aiko joked and Minako gave her a warning glare. “Just kidding.”
 
Slowly the door opened and all the girls in the room became extremely quiet. Their cheeks were slightly pink and they were all giggling as they looked at the visitor from class A.
 
“Um, excuse me…has anyone seen a navy blue backpack?” he asked cautiously. “I seemed to have misplaced it.”
 
“You should check in the teacher's office. They might have picked it up,” one of the girls said out and he bowed and left.
 
All the girls squealed and Aiko nearly fell off of the desk she was sitting on. She looked at all the girls' reactions and quickly she rushed out of the room to take a glance of the boy.
 
`Brat…he looks cute,' she thought and smiled.
 
“Ai, what are you doing sticking your head out in the hallway?” Takashi asked and she looked at him.
 
“I was just looking at the pretty boy.”
 
“You interested in him?” he asked and Aiko laughed out loudly.
 
“As if! My type of guys are the tough and bad boys!” she winked and Takashi rolled his eyes.
 
“If you went out with Toboe it would be a perfect match. The delicate pretty boy and the tough masculine girl,” he laughed and Aiko growled.
 
“Don't make fun of me! I'm a delicate girl!” Aiko shouted out and Takashi laughed nervously and backed away before he got hit. “Besides, you should treat that guy kindly. I bet your gang is up to no good with him,” she said out and Takashi looked guilty.
 
“Damn Mina…did she say something?”
 
“Damn wrong! Don't get your idiotic friends to bully him or I'll beat the crap out of them!”
 
“Like you will?”
 
“…No, I couldn't,” she laughed then looked at her friend seriously. “I'm serious though, Taka-kun. Let's not bully him…he's just too cute to be bullied.”
 
“Geez, you're starting to sound like you're my mom or something. Well, then I guess I'll have to give his backpack to him.”
 
“What? Where did you hide it?” Aiko asked.
 
“In the tree outside. I was bored,” he shrugged and Aiko rolled her eyes and walked out of the room.
 
She was walking down the hallway towards the bathroom but she stopped and looked out the window. She spotted the backpack up in the tree and a deep sigh came from her. The scene didn't seem funny at all…even if this had happened to someone else.
 
Quickly she headed outside in the rain and headed towards the tree. She jumped up and tried to reach the handle of the bag but couldn't get it. She continued on jumping then suddenly she slipped and fell on the ground.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
Aiko looked to her side and saw Toboe standing a few meters away from her with a confused look.
 
“I…I…”
 
“Did you put my bag up there?” he asked and Aiko quickly got up.
 
“No! Of course not! I was trying to get it down…”
 
He walked over towards her and jumped up then knocked the bag down. Aiko caught it in her arms and looked at the student standing beside her. He seemed very nice and he looked extremely…cute.
 
`Heh…pretty boy huh?'
 
Toboe took the bag from Aiko and he smiled then started to walk off.
 
“Wait!” Aiko stopped him and he turned to look at her and she froze. “Uh…uh…”
 
“Well, see you around.”
 
“Wait!” Aiko yelled out and she headed over towards him. “I-I'm sorry…for your bag.”
 
“Huh? Why are you sorry?”
 
“It's just…some people are jerks,” she said out casually and Toboe looked at the ground.
 
“I suppose so, but I'm sure they do it for their own reasons.”
 
“Hey,” Aiko said out and she pulled out something from her pocket in her skirt and handed it to Toboe. “Have this to dry off.”
 
“Handkerchief?” Toboe asked out and he smiled brightly at her. “Thank you…well, I have to get going now. See you around in school,” he said out and ran off into the building.
 
`Where have I…met this scent before?'