Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Rain 2 : Key To Paradise ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rain continued on pouring down heavily and the students of Hino high school were getting restless. It was lunch time and the students were sitting with their friends eating lunch. Hige was walking down the hallway with Kiba next to him and he glanced around at the people.
 
“Is this really a disguise?” Kiba asked and Hige smiled.
 
“Of course. No one knows we're wolves and everyone is happy.”
 
“Hey everyone!” a male student shouted out in the middle of the hallway, “There's a huge fight outside of school!”
 
Suddenly all the students gathered towards the windows and they looked down out in the school field. The girls gasped as they noticed the people were fighting heavily.
 
“Hmm, looks like it's the Yang gang again,” Hige mumbled and Kiba glanced at him. “Those gangs and this school's gang are always fighting. Geez, it's always troublesome when the Yang come over.”
 
“What do they want?” Kiba asked and Hige shrugged.
 
“Mostly it's because the T-pop gangs are always beating the crap out of the Yang gangs. It's pretty complicated around here.”
 
“Where are the leaders of the two gangs?”
 
“Hmm? So one of the guys down there isn't the leader?”
 
“No, the leaders aren't anywhere near here. Why are they not with their gang?”
 
“Who knows? They're probably hiding their tails between their legs,” Hige chuckled and he walked off.
 
The cold wind blew into the school building and Kiba's school uniform ruffled slightly. He kept his eyes on the gangs fighting then he walked off into the direction where Hige went.
 
Chapter Three
-First Impressions…Wrong Encounter-
 
“You bastard!” one of the Yang members shouted out and punched one of the T-pop gang's.
 
The fight continued on even after school and this time it was taking place in the park. Since no one was there and no one was passing by…at least that's what the two gangs thought.
 
Toboe was walking in the rain while holding onto his tattered backpack. He sighed deeply as he looked at it then he smiled slightly as he thought of the girl that tried to help him. It was strange since no one in the school helped him at all. The girls would just look at him and `adore' him while the guys just picked on him.
 
`She's an interesting person…but the scent… is familiar…'
 
As he was making his way past the park, someone bumped into him and fell to the ground. Blood was splattered on the ground and Toboe looked in shock as he noticed a teenage male on the ground. Suddenly a different person ran up to the injured student and started to kick them and punch them.
 
“What's going on?” Toboe asked aloud in a whisper. “Oh man, is this a gang fight?”
 
There were other guys fighting and Toboe quickly stumbled out of the way but someone grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around.
 
“Hey look! T-pop has a pretty boy in their gang now!” one of the Yang's said out and he laughed loudly. “Let's see how much damage I can cause to your pretty face!”
 
Just as they were about to punch Toboe a hand tightly gripped onto their wrist. Toboe gasped slightly as he noticed the familiar face he had seen before.
 
“Your breath stinks…back off of the kid,” Takashi said out toughly and he held onto the gang member's wrist.
 
“What? You little bastard! Get out of this!”
 
“You're messing with the wrong gang. I believe you were fighting the T-pop. This here is one of mine gang members.”
 
Toboe's eyes widened in surprise and so did the other male student. They shoved him away and quickly Takashi looked at Toboe then grabbed his arm and led him out of the fight. The two students ran underneath a roof of a shop and Takashi looked out into the distance.
 
“Thank you,” Toboe spoke out and Takashi looked at him. “Thank you for saving me back there.”
 
“Hmm? Oh, no problem. It's what friends do for one another,” Takashi replied toughly and Toboe's eyes lit up with warmth.
 
“Friends?”
 
“Yeah, my friend told me not to mess with you.”
 
`Your friend…'
 
“Damn bitch, she always sticks up for others. Especially cute pretty boys like you,” Takashi said out and he walked off into the rain. “See you around, pretty boy.”
 
Toboe stood in slight awe then he smiled and walked off into his own direction.
 
Aiko was continuing on running and she looked at her watch while doing so. Her hair was soaked along with her uniform and it sticks to her skin. As she ran she stepped into a puddle and nearly slipped then suddenly someone grabbed her arm and helped her up.
 
“Careful where you're going,” Eriol smiled and Aiko greeted the young baker.
 
“Ah, thank you. I'm sorry but I can't talk for long. I have to get going to my cousin's school!”
 
“Sumi-chan's school?” Eriol asked and Aiko ran off before giving him an answer.
 
She continued on running then arrived at the gates of Hino high school. Right as she was about to go in she stopped when she noticed the T-pop gang hanging around in the entrance.
 
“Damn it! What are they doing in school at this hour? They should be in the park smoking or something,” Aiko whispered to herself and she looked around and realized she could take the side entrance.
 
Quietly she made her way towards the other entrance and nearly fainted as she saw the door was locked. She looked up at the wall and snickered then cracked her knuckles and took off her backpack.
 
Kiba was standing against the wall of the side entrance of the school and he sighed deeply. He was lost in his deep thoughts and continued thinking about his reasons for coming into this city. Suddenly something fell from the sky and landed right in front of his feet.
 
It was a dark colored backpack and a pencil case slid out from the side of the bag. He suddenly heard some struggling noises and he got off of the wall and looked at the top of it. There were two hands on the top and someone pulled themselves up and sat on top. Then they jumped down and picked up their bag and straightened up then their eyes met Kiba's.
 
`Wow…thank goodness I climbed over the wall…' Aiko thought to herself as she noticed the tall young male standing before her.
 
Kiba kept his eyes on the girl and noticed how…dirty she looked. She had splatters of mud on her legs and skirt while her whole uniform was soaked in the water. Her shoulder length black hair was sticking to her head flat and a few strands were on her slightly muddy face.
 
“You look filthy,” Kiba said out and Aiko nearly fell back.
 
“I was…well I wonder why!” she snapped at him suddenly and Kiba looked at her carefully and spotted she was wearing a necklace. “I was running all the way here through the muddy streets…”
 
As she continued on talking, the wolf kept his eyes on her neck. He could see the string but he wasn't able to see the glass bottle with the withered flower in it. It made him wonder how a girl like her seemed to have gotten her hands on it. Suddenly Aiko stopped talking and she gasped then took of running towards the school building, but Hige bumped into her and he glanced at her while she continued running.
 
“Hey Kiba!” Hige called out while holding an umbrella and his backpack while he walked over towards him. “Hmm, who was that girl?”
 
“The girl from the playground,” Kiba explained and Hige nodded slowly.
 
“I see…she looks very dirty,” Hige laughed and shared the umbrella with Kiba. “Hey, you want to go get something to eat?”
 
“I'm not hungry.”
 
“Come on, I know someone who makes the best crab marinade of this town,” Hige smiled greatly and started to drag Kiba.
 
Mud mixed in the puddles was spread about in the hallways of Hino high school. Every step that Aiko took caused droplets of water to splash against the ground. She was looking into the rooms to look for her cousin when suddenly a door opened and slammed on her face.
 
“A-Aiko!” Sumi shouted out and saw the younger girl on the ground with huge swirls in her eyes and her mouth opened slightly.
 
“I see~ pretty stars~,” Aiko mumbled and Sumi sighed deeply.
 
“Brat, you should have been careful! Didn't you know you were walking towards the teacher's office?”
 
“What makes the difference?” Aiko asked while getting up. “Right…teacher's office doesn't have sliding doors…ha.”
 
“Anyways, did you bring my files?”
 
Aiko nodded and placed her hand upon her shoulder and didn't feel anything. She then spun around and didn't see anything. She felt nothing on her back and as she examined her hands, she wasn't holding anything either! Aiko pulled on her hair and thought for a moment.
 
`I was making my way here, I threw my backpack over the wall…then I ran in here. Wait a minute…I was talking to that one guy then I bumped into another guy and-…'
 
As Aiko was replaying the scene in her mind she realized something. She didn't put her backpack on, she was holding when she got over the wall. Then she ran, bumped into someone and right as she ran into them they grabbed her bag!
 
“JUST GREAT!” Aiko shouted out and Sumi jumped back.
 
“WHAT ARE YOU SHOUTING FOR?” she slapped Aiko on the arm and Aiko winced from the slight sharp pain. “Wait, where's your backpack? Don't tell me you lost it!”
 
“Well…actually someone stole it!”
 
“How-?” Sumi's expression changed and her eyes squinted then focused on Aiko. “You were sent to ruin my life, weren't you?”
 
“What? Why do you say that?”
 
“Because everything you do, you seem to screw it up!”
 
“I'll find it!” Aiko shouted back and she stormed off but slipped on the wet floor.
 
Meanwhile Hige and Kiba arrived at a small restaurant and a steaming bowl of crab marinade came out. Hige smiled brightly as he saw the delicious meal and she smelled it thoroughly. He then pulled out a crab onto his plate and began to break it apart while Kiba looked out the window.
 
“This is real good,” Hige said out.
 
“That girl has the lunar flower,” Kiba whispered and Hige looked at him. “I can sense the lunar flower she's holding.”
 
“What would a human want with a lunar flower?”
 
“I don't know but has it around her neck. I have to get it.”
 
“What? Are you crazy? Even in your human form you'll get caught,” Hige warned and Kiba eyed him coldly.
 
“Then how am I supposed to get her?”
 
“You just have to get close to her,” Hige licked his fingers then thought for a moment. “It'll be best if you met her again. Just be able to get her to hand the flower to you. It's not going to be the easiest thing but you'll get it without causing any trouble.”
 
“How will I meet her?” Kiba asked and Hige snickered.
 
“I got her bag,” Hige said out while holding it up and Kiba's eyes narrowed. “That's why I offered the crab marinade. Luckily her wallet is in here. You should give the bag back to her and that's how you'll start your encounter.”
 
Kiba thought for a moment and he looked at the steaming crab marinade.
 
“Alright. I will…”
 
`To get closer to the lunar flower…I must do anything. To get the key to paradise…'