Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf's Rain 2 : Key To Paradise ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
- Wolves Meet -
 
A few days have past and the T-pop gang was hanging out in the dark alley. Some of the gang members were smoking and white smoke rose up to the night sky.
 
“Hey Tsume,” Ryuhei called out, “when are we going to have any excitement?”
 
The tall and sleek gang leader leaned back against the brick wall and he sighed deeply. Lately his gang hasn't been doing too well and yet they're seeking for adventure. He sighed deeply as he looked up at the moon then heard something.
 
“Boss!” a scrawny teenage male panted heavily. “We have big trouble!”
 
“What is it?” Ryuhei asked out while stepping forward.
 
“The Yang gangs are beating up some of our guys!”
 
“And you just left them?” Ryuhei shouted out.
 
“I ran to get you! Their boss is just watching our guys getting beaten up! Boss, you gotta do something!”
 
“Hmm, looks like there's going to be some excitement tonight,” Ryuhei said out and he glanced at the leader.
 
“Let's go.”
 
As the sky was getting darker the wind blew harshly and Aiko's skirt went up. She pulled it down and stood next to the red phone booth, waiting for someone.
 
“Why did I have to meet Taka-kun here? It's so cold!” Aiko mumbled.
 
“H-help…” a harsh gasp came by and Aiko looked towards the bushes and saw a beaten up male crawling towards her.
 
“Oh my gosh! What happened?” Aiko asked out and as she took a step forward there came a sudden whoosh.
 
She stepped back quickly and fell back on the ground. A figure placed their foot upon the male's body on the ground and they were holding up a metal pipe. Aiko looked at the figure and saw a slender handsome face. She focused her eyes on the person and then her eyes widened as he took a step closer to her.
 
“Well, well, you're one of Takashi's schoolmates,” Shinji said out and he placed the metal pipe right in front of Aiko's face and the cold tip touched her forehead. “I haven't seen him in such a long time. He's been causing horrible trouble for my gang.”
 
“W-what do you mean? He hasn't gone anywhere near your gang,” Aiko spoke while shaking and Shinji scoffed.
 
“Has he told you he beat up my cousin just last week?”
 
“W-what? That's impossible! He's been studying for a huge test!”
 
“Shut up! That bastard beat the shit out of three of my cousins. Also…he slapped by girlfriend.”
 
“Perhaps she wasn't being nice to him,” Aiko said out while her voice was quavering.
 
“Yeah right. He was probably trying to get a night with her,” Shinji laughed and Aiko felt herself growing angrily.
 
“Takashi isn't a person like that!” Aiko raised her voice and Shinji took his foot and shoved her on the ground.
 
“You worthless bitch. Let's just see how loud you can scream!”
 
Shinji took the metal bar and slammed it down on her but quickly she rolled away. Aiko got up and started to run off but Shinji was faster than her. He grabbed her by the hair and placed one arm around her and held her tightly.
 
“Where do you think you're going? Trying to reach Takashi so you can squeal?”
 
“You jerk!” Aiko shouted out and Shinji laughed then started to choke her but she bit down on his arm.
 
`Damn it! Why isn't he moving?' Aiko thought and she bit down harder…drawing a little bit of blood.
 
Shinji threw her to the ground and he twirled the metal pipe around then swung it towards her. She covered herself with her arms in defense but the metal didn't hit her. She looked before her and found a huge white dog standing before her! Their fangs were bared and deep in their throats they were growling. Sharp golden eyes were piercing into Shinji's cloudy eyes.
 
“What the-? Let go!” Shinji shouted out and the white wolf broke the metal pipe with his fang and Shinji took a step back.
 
“Whoa,” Aiko whispered as she watched in awe.
 
Suddenly the wolf jumped on Shinji and snapped at him sharply. Shinji quickly got up and he ran off into the dark night. A small pant came from Aiko and she adjusted herself then gasped as the wolf turned to look at her. He walked over towards her and examined her carefully then Aiko leaned back.
 
“W-what's going on here?” shouted out Ryuhei and Aiko gasped as she spotted the T-pop gang.
 
She got up and quickly ran off and the wolf followed behind her. She ran into the dark alley and suddenly winced as she felt the jolt of pain in her shoulder. She leaned back against the walls and slid down to the ground while holding her injured shoulder of where Shinji had kicked her. The wolf headed over towards her and sniffed her slightly then it occurred to her.
 
“I remember you,” Aiko smiled as she looked at the animal. “You're that one dog from the playground,” she smiled and the wolf's ears perked. “Well, did you come by to help me out?” she asked and placed her hand out to him but he only glanced at her. “Anyways, thanks for helping me back there…I guess it's the least you can do,” she said out and laughed. “Just kidding.”
 
The wolf looked at her carefully and saw the necklace. His golden eyes focused on the little object and it was as if he was being hypnotized by it. Aiko noticed how the animal was staring at her necklace and she placed her hand on it.
 
“You like this huh?” she asked and held it up slightly so the streetlights can shine on it at the right angle. “I found it on the ground just several days ago. If it was some people they might have thrown it away by now…but for some reason I wanted to keep it. It's pretty, the glass bottle…”
 
`The lunar flower…is finally right before my eyes.'
 
“Hmm…something that I just can't explain,” Aiko smiled crookedly and she placed the necklace away then sighed deeply while slightly coughing. “Stupid Takashi…hey, you wouldn't happen to be a messenger would you?” she asked the wolf and he only looked at her then walked off. “Fine, just leave me…”
 
“What happened here?” Tsume's gang asked out and Tsume looked off into the night sky.
 
`I smell a familiar scent. Something that I have known somewhere in the past…'
 
Next day a few students of Hino high school were sore and aching…especially the guys. The girls kept quiet and they went about their own business, knowing if they mingled with the guy's business they would get in trouble. Sumi avoided the guys and she only hung out with her friends. Once in awhile she would catch herself glancing towards the two new male students.
 
“Hey Hige, where were you last night?” Chouji asked while placing down his comic book.
 
“You know me, I was just taking a walk outside.”
 
“Really? Did you see Tsume's gang fighting with the Yang's gang leader?” another student asked.
 
“Hmm? What do you mean?”
 
“There was another fight. This time both of the gang leaders showed up but I didn't hear that Tsume was fighting.”
 
“He barely fights.”
 
“Tsume?” Hige asked and the other students nodded. “So he was this school's gang leader?”
 
“Apparently so.”
 
“Where do you guys hear these things?” Hige asked and Chouji thought for a moment.
 
“I just overheard what the girls were talking about. Rita said Mitsuko-nee chan told her about it.”
 
“That witch, I bet she's behind everything,” a different student whispered.
 
“Yeah, isn't she Tsume's girl?”
 
Hige thought for a while and he slowly got himself out of the conversation. He headed into the music classroom and walked over towards the windows.
 
“What's on your mind?” Hige asked and he glanced towards the figure sitting near the window. “Last night…did you meet Tsume?”
 
Kiba looked at Hige and he narrowed his eyes.
 
“Who's Tsume?”
 
“Weren't you going to take a walk after we ate?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Well,” Hige faced Kiba with his patience slimming. “Didn't you meet anyone named Tsume?”
 
“No, but I did meet that girl…”
 
“Girl? What girl- oh…”
 
“She has the lunar flower,” Kiba whispered and Hige saw a certain determination in his eyes. “The lunar flower was kept inside the small glass bottle…”
 
“When are you planning on meeting her again?”
 
“When another chance comes,” Kiba said out and Hige smiled sheepishly then looked out the window.
 
“No worries. I still have her bag,” he said out and Kiba smiled slightly.
 
At Himura Academy Takashi slammed his hand on Aiko's desk and she sat up quickly then winced from the pain in her shoulder.
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?”
 
“Huh? Oh…I fell again,” Aiko said out, not wanting to let Takashi know she ran into Shinji.
 
“Anyways, sorry I didn't show up last night. I was busy,” he said out and Aiko raised an eyebrow.
 
“Busy? Doing what?”
 
“I was drinking.”
 
“Seriously, you really have to stop drinking, Taka-kun. It's so bad for your health. You drink too much and you always end up out in the streets.”
 
“Strange enough when I woke up I was at home. I don't remember how I got there…but I had the strangest dream though. There was this dog carrying me.”
 
“Carrying you? Why would a dog do that? Wait, can dogs carry people?”
 
“I don't know but it felt so real.”
 
“Dog…”
 
“It was a huge one at that, too.”
 
“Huge dog?” Aiko then gasped and she leaned in towards Takashi. “Was it a huge white dog?”
 
“No, it was a certain chestnut colored one…and he started howling after he dropped me off…”
 
“Maybe it wasn't a dream,” came a soft voice and the two looked towards the front of the room and spotted their biology teacher.
 
“Ah, hello sensei,” the two greeted her and she nodded at them then walked over towards them.
 
“So looks like Takashi-kun was brought home by an animal,” the teacher kept her beautiful smile.
 
“Yes…it felt so real,” he said out. “Its fur was so warm and soft too,” he smiled and Aiko rolled her eyes.
 
“I think it's real,” the teacher said out and the two looked at her.
 
“But can a dog really be that huge and able to carry a human?” Aiko asked and the teacher shook her head.
 
“Not a dog…but a wolf may be able to.”
 
“Wolf?” the two questioned and the teacher laughed lightly.
 
“Enough for right now. We better get started on class,” she said out and walked towards her desk. “Ok everyone! Settle down! Take out your books and lets turn to page 104.”
 
As the students were preparing their books, the door opened and the principal walked into the classroom.
 
“Nadeshiko-sensei, may I speak with you?”
 
“Of course,” she walked out after the principal and Aiko glanced at the biology teacher closing the door then looked out the window.
 
“Wolves? They're extremely rare…aren't they?” Aiko whispered.
 
After school the students all headed out of the school gates and they all went about their own way. Aiko was walking alone and she sighed deeply while looking at the old bag she was carrying.
 
“Stupid jerk…when am I going to get my bag back?” she mumbled and walked through the streets with cherry blossoms planted on both sides of the road.
 
“Hey! Bag girl!” someone called out and Aiko turned around with hope in her eyes.
 
`Finally! My bag has been found!' she thought and right as she noticed who was calling the small hope vanished and curiosity filled in.
 
“Oro?”
 
“Good thing I caught up with you,” Toboe smiled and Aiko looked at him. “I wanted to return your handkerchief to you.”
 
“Oh?” Aiko looked at the handkerchief Toboe was holding and she looked at him. “This isn't mine.”
 
 
“Um…really?” Toboe asked and he looked at it then laughed nervously. “It must be, it has your scent- I…I mean I remember you're the one who handed this to me on the rainy day,” he explained and Aiko smiled.
 
“Perhaps you're right,” she said out and took the handkerchief. “Now that you said it…it really must be mine. Oh, but you ran all this way to return this to me?” she asked and Toboe slightly reddened.
 
“Well, I also wanted to say…thank you. For your kindness.”
 
“Oh, no need to thank me.”
 
“No one has ever tried to help me before,” he laughed and placed his arms behind his head. “I guess I have no friends after all,” he said out while keeping his smile.
 
“Of course you do,” Aiko said out and she smiled brightly. “I'm standing right here.”
 
Toboe's smile slowly vanished and his eyes filled with warmth.
 
“Thank you…” he whispered and Aiko grabbed his wrist.
 
“Come on, let's go to Baskin Robins. I'm hungry for some ice cream!”
 
Hige and Kiba were both walking on the streets heading to their `home'. Kiba was carrying the bag and he looked at it then continued thinking of the night where she told him how she found the necklace. Meanwhile Hige was mumbling something then he glanced to his side and stopped.
 
“Wa~ the ice cream fondue looks good!” he said out and Kiba looked at him. “This place has good ice cream,” he whispered and headed towards the door. “You coming?”
 
“Sure.”
 
The two walked into the ice cream shop and Hige looked at the menu board. Kiba looked around and saw a few people sitting around eating ice cream then suddenly he spotted…that girl.
 
“It's her,” Kiba whispered and he could feel the lunar flower scent. “The flower is here.”
 
“Oh?” Hige looked towards Aiko's direction and their eyes met.
 
“Y-you!” Aiko gasped and she pointed towards Hige with the small fork.
 
“H-hey,” Hige smiled nervously and Aiko growled while her left eye twitched slightly.
 
“Give back my bag!” she nearly shouted out and Toboe looked at the two then at her.
 
“Hey, you should calm down,” Hige reassured her and he walked over towards her and looked at the ice cream fondue the two had ordered. “Can I try some?”
 
“No!” Aiko said out loud but Hige took her fork and stuck it in the small ball of ice cream then dipped it into the melted chocolate. “Hey! I said no!” Aiko repeated but he ate it and smiled.
 
“It's really good.”
 
“You jerk! Just give me back my bag!”
 
“Here's your back,” Kiba said out while holding out her back and she looked at him then blushed.
 
`Oh my gosh…it's the hottie from Hino…' Aiko's cheeks were reddening and Toboe noticed this then looked at Kiba and his eyes widened in surprise.
 
`He's…'
 
Kiba and Hige looked at Toboe and the three were all surprised while Aiko was totally clueless.
 
“Thank you,” Aiko broke the sudden silence and Kiba looked at her. “I…I thought I might have lost it forever. Thank you for bringing it back to me,” she said out softly and Hige looked at her in surprise.
 
“Sure, change your attitude when you talk with him.”
 
“Y-you two know each other?” Toboe asked and Aiko looked at him then at Hige.
 
“Of course, how could I forget? He's the jerk that stole my bag.”
 
“Hey, I was just testing you if you were smart or not. Obviously you aren't.”
 
“Don't tease me!” Aiko cried out and Toboe laughed gently while Kiba kept his eyes on Aiko and smiled softly.