X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ How We Fell in Love ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
XMEN DOESN'T BELONG TO ME

Rogue was walking home from yet another detention. Her jaw was tight in anger. She went to cut through the park even though it was getting dark quickly but already tired Rogue decided to sit down and delay the session that await. So she sat down on the park bench to think.
Those stupid cheerleaders had set her up waving thier pom poms in her face til she began to yell. Thus causing teachers to come out and of course they believe the cheerleaders bogus story that she had started it by threating them and that they had done nothing at all. Thus landing her in detention. Which meant she missed a danger room session with Wolvie. She wasn't too worried about his reaction but she did dread the make up session she would have to take. It would be longer and harder. Hopefully Wolvierine would go easier on her. After all although he wouldn't admit it she was his favorite. Though why she couldn't see aybe because they were both loners or had no family. She didn't know but she did feel like he was a father or big brother and she guess he did too which sometimes had its advantages and sometimes it didn't.
A movement in the bushes caught her eye. She sat staring at the bushes intenly til a voice inturrpted her thoughts.
"How much?" Rogue turned her head to face a big burly man looking at her funny with a disgusting smirk.
"Ah beg you pardon?"
"Oh no need to beg honey I just wanna know how much for a good time."
"Ah think ya got the wrong impression."
"Oh come on what else is a pretty girl like you doing out at night in a place like this?"
"Look mister Ah gotta go." Rogue started to leave but the man grabbed her.
"Come on you little ho give daddy a kiss."
"Let go.' Rogue struggled but the man held tight. He touched her face and got a little zap.
"Oh a mutie whore huh?" He grinned and turned into a wooden man. Rogue looked in horror as the man touched her bare skin. "Gonna take ya to my mates and we'll have a real good time."
"Ah've got a family."
"Good they'll pay a pretty penny for ya."
"They're all mutants." Rogue struggled in vain
"So?''
"They'll fight ya.'' the man laughed
"We're tougher than ya give us credit for cutie."
"You'll get no money." the man grinned at her.
"Then we'll be sure to have some fun with ya before we kill you." She froze She couldn't get away adn this man was going to kill her.
Suddenly a falsh light hit the wooden man in smack in the face swizzing past her face. Theman groaned and dropped her.
"Multi-powered eh?"
"Ah didn't.."
"Hey ugly!" a voice yelled. Rogue sat up straight she reconized that voice but it couldn't be. Rogue turned and sure enough there stood Gambit in his usual code of drss and signature trench coat. "Let la fille go."
"Hey I found her first you freak.''
"I'm a freak?" Gambit raised his eyebrows.
"shut up you can have the little whore when I am done with her."
''Ya best not talk about Rogue like that in front of Remy."
"What's Remy going to do about it?'' Gambit pressed a button on his staff and it grew in his bo staff
"Last chance leave Roguey alone."
"Shove off." The man turned away and slapped Rogue. Gambit attacked hitting him with no luck "I'm wood you fool it don't hurt.'' Gambit lunged on his back and grabbed either side of his head and charged him.
"Stand still I let go and you'll blow into splinters.''
"Alright alright she's yours." he uncharged him and the man ran off. Gambit turned and faced the still shocked Rogue.
"Hello Chere long time no see."
"Hello Gambit."
"Wait a mintue!" Kurt yelled. "ya mean to tell me you were saved by him!?"
"Yeah." Rogue said.
""So you dated him. Everyone here has saved you a least once why him?"
"Ah'm getting there." she snapped.
"zorry."
"Hello Gambit"
"Hey I missed ya Cher."
"Oh Ah can so tell by your lack of contact."
"Ow ya cut me right in de heart."
"Your heart will live."
"Come on Cher."
"Ah gotta go."
"Rogue!" she turned " I did miss you, meet me for lunch tomorrow right here. Please?" Rogue looked at him questionly his red on black eyes were praticly pleading with her. Rogue sighed in defeat.
"What time?" THe cajun before her brighten immediantly.
"How about noon?"
"Sounds good to me." They stood in silence for a moment.
"Ya best go else de prof. gonna get ya." Rogue raised her brow and looked at the time. It was almost past curfew!"
"Oh shit!" Rogue took off running.
"See ya at noon Chere!"
"Noon got it!" she yelled back. As she ran Rogue smiled maybe it would be good to catch up with the Swamp Rat.
The next morning after a sleepless night of tossing and turning thinking about a certain cajun Rogue sighed and got outta bed at 7:12 am. She walked silently to the kitchen pleading and praying no one was awake. But like always her request was denied.Her nose was filled with the strong odor of microwaved waffles and heated pop tarts which meant Bobby was awake. She headed into the kitchen with her famous scowl already on her face
"Mornin Rogue! Wanna watch cartoons?" Booby asked in a way too cheerful tone. She shoke her head. He asked her every saturday morning and every saturday morning she said the very same thing no. She was beginnng to wonder if he was ever going to get it. She reached and grabbed her a box of ceral and went to pour it. Empty. Rogue peered into the box.
"Why is mah ceral gone?" she drawled. Bobby shrugged his shoulders innocently as he could but she saw right through it. "Those were mine! Ya empty it for the toy again didn't you?" she growled. This morning was not beginning well. She reached behind the grits which hardly anyone touched and grabbed another box that she had hidden. She opened the box and flung the toy at Bobby's head. It bounced off his head and landed smack into the face of Wolverine who had just happened to pick that moment to walk through the kitchen door. He growled and glared at Bobby who gulped and took off. Wolvering just snarld lightly and walked over to pour himself a cup of coffee black as usual. H grunted as Rogue held out an empty cup.
"Coffee is mine Stripes."
"Come on Wolvie." He growled lightly and poured her a cup. She held out a hand as he handed her the sugar. She poured and poured sugar into the dark drink. She stirred with her spoon and sipped the hot liquid blowing on it from time and time as Logan just gulped it down.
"So." Rogue said in question.
"So?" Logan askd looking at her.
"Am Ah in trouble?"
"For?"
"Ya know training."
"Don't know what you're talking about Stripes ya trained hard yesterday." with that he left. Rogue grinned. You had to love Wolvie. She finished her coffee and left it was only 10 am. She sat in th yard and watched a Storm watered the outside plants.
"Good morning child." the weather witch said.
"Mornin Storm."
"Anything bothering you dear?"
"Storm do you believe people deserve second chances? Even if most don't think so?"
"Of course dear."
"Yeah of course ya do."
"Why do you ask?"
"Well Ah been thinking alot lately but can an enemy become a friend?" Storm smiled.
"You know Kurt asked me the very same question."
"He did?"
"Yes he was asking about you."
"oh what did you say?"
"I told him that you would come around if we were kind. You see dear everyone deserves a second chance underneth every rough surface is a heart and in every heart is goodness they just need someone to bring it out in them."
"Like with Wolvie?"
"Yes Wolverine included."
"Ya know what ya helped out alot. Thanks Storm." She took off in a blur and Storm shook her head.
"Kids."