X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Today ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

O-o-o-o-O
Rogue wanted to purr. What she wouldn't give to spend every night like this. Remy had tackled her almost the moment they got through the door of his apartment, pinning her to the wall as he smothered her with kisses through her favorite burgundy scarf. And it only went downhill from there. A trail of discarded clothing led to the bedroom from which only soft moans could be heard now. Remy loved to leave hickeys in the most obscure places and the undersides of her breasts were now sensitive from where he had been suckling her skin through the silk sheet. She knew it would take a while for the marks to go away but she didn't care. All her world comprised of right now were the warmth of his breath as he whispered in her ear and the slow pump of his hips against hers. She lay pinned beneath him tonight and the weight of his body on hers was so good that there was no place else in the world she wanted to be.
Remy was tormenting her tonight; taking her at a teasingly slow pace, murmuring in her ear about how sweet she felt around him, didn't she wish he would just go a little faster and how good she'd feel when she finally came. In the past few weeks since they became lovers they'd become more comfortable with each other's bodies. He often let her set the pace for their lovemaking but tonight Rogue was at his mercy. To Rogue's mixed delight and dismay though, she'd discovered that when it came to sex Remy LeBeau had no mercy. He played her body like a violin; knowing instinctively what would make her sing, sometimes having her begging to be released before he finally granted it to her. Rogue was a fast pupil though, and it wasn't long before she was able to give as good as she got. Some of her favorite nights were those where she was able to drive Remy to the point that he seemed to forget the English language completely and a steady stream of French would pour out of his mouth.
He seemed ready to ease her suffering though as he increased the pace of his thrusts and fastened his mouth over one of her nipples, laving it with his tongue until she cried out in her release, bringing him along with her. Remy rested his head against her silk-covered chest for a moment, catching his breath before rolling them both onto their sides, their bodies still joined. He pressed a soft kiss against her hairline then laid his head against the pillow as his breathing slowed, just gazing at her.
Je t'aime, Rogue ”, he whispered. “Wish you didn't have to go. It would make my day to wake up in the morning and still have you here.”
Rogue thought her heart would break at the longing look on Remy's face. “I know. I wish I could stay too.”
He smirked at her. “It's okay though; I can wait. I'm sure there are all kinds of places in that mansion of yours where we can hide away and not get caught.”
“I don't know about that. Logan's pretty good at sniffing people out. He's already caught Scott and Jean in the linen closet once already.”
Remy shuddered. “Note to self, Remy; stay out of the linen closet.”
She laughed. “I gotta agree with you on that one. I don't need those kinds of images floating around my head.”
He started playing with her hair and grinned. “That wouldn't be jealousy, now would it? I know you used to have a thing for Cyke there.”
Rogue gasped. “I did n...how did you find out?”
“Give Pietro enough Pixie Stix and he'll tell you anything.”
“Hmph. The next time I get my hands on Quicky...”
“Now Chere, I thought Quicky was an old ami of yours.”
She snorted. “Kind of, but that doesn't mean I won't knock him upside the head if he runs his mouth when he shouldn't. I don't think discretion is even in that boy's vocabulary. Anyway, Scott was just a crush, and it was a long time ago. And it's not jealousy; I just don't want images of Jean running through my mind.”
Remy grinned. “Well, since you put it that way, maybe we should check out the linen closet.”
Rogue swatted him on the arm. “Oh hush up, you. You just keep little Miss Perfect out of that gutter you call a brain. That's my territory.”
“Along with the rest of this handsome devil, of course.”
“Of course. Now if this handsome devil would kindly let go of me, I need to take a bath.”
He pouted for a moment, then let her go. “Need help washing your back?”
“Why I do believe I do.” She led the way into the bathroom where Remy drew a nice bubble bath for her.
Bath time had always been one of her favorite moments, and now with Remy joining her it became even better. He had a pair of massage gloves that he used to soap up every inch of her body. The feeling of his hands running over her skin, even in the gloves, left her relaxed but tormented. It was a sweet torment though, and she wasn't about to give it up any time soon. She sighed happily as Remy sat outside the tub and slowly washed her.
“A girl could get spoiled being treated like this. It's like having my own personal slave.”
“Who says I'm not your slave?”
“True. I don't think we'll get to do this too often when you move into the mansion though.”
He grinned at her. “Then we'll have to make sure you stay very clean before that happens.” He rinsed her off with the showerhead then went over her carefully with a towel, making sure every nook and cranny of her body was nice and dry.
Dressed again, they sat in the living room chatting. Rogue told him about meeting up with Mystique that afternoon, and about their conversation.
“I'm glad you left some bruises on her, Rogue. Should have given her a black eye though.”
She laughed a little. “Yeah, maybe next time. I really hope there isn't a next time though.”
“Did she ever mention what happened to the blind femme, Irene?”
Rogue sighed. “Apparently she's here in Bayville; has been for awhile.”
“Are you going to try and see her?”
“No. She obviously has nothing to say to me so I have nothing to say to her. I'd be quite happy not seeing either of them ever again. I doubt I'll get that lucky though.”
“I'm sorry Rogue. I hate how they've hurt you.” He got up off the couch and went over to his coat, taking a little box out of the pocket. He gave it to her as he sat back down.
“I thought you did such a good job in our little game today that I got you a present.”
She smiled as she opened the box. Inside were a pair of tiny ruby stud earrings. “That was so sweet of you Remy; they're beautiful. And they go perfectly with my necklace, too.” She fingered the chain of the mask necklace that she continued to wear. “Do I want to know where you got these, Swamp Rat?”
He winked at her. “Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.”
“Heh, figures. I rather enjoyed putting you down today Cajun. Gave me an excuse to terrorize Kitty, too.” She grinned for a moment at the memory, then sighed. “As much fun as it is, she's still my friend and I hate having to lie to her. Doesn't it seem crazy to you sometimes, what we're having to do to be together?”
“Yes, but as a wise person once said, `Quand l'amour n'est pas la folie, ce n'est pas l'amour'.” (When love is not madness, it is not love)
“That's very nice. And who was this wise person who said that?”
“Dunno Chere, but whoever it was, they had to have been wise, non?”
She laughed and kissed her gloved fingertip before pressing it to his nose. “Je t'aime Remy. Now I've really got to go.”
Remy sighed. “Alas, mon amour loves me and leaves me yet again.” He touched her hair as she went out the door. “Sleep well Roguey.”
“Roguey...pffffft.” She stuck her tongue out at him and closed the door in his face.
O-o-o-o-O
Gambit got his lucky break a few days later. Pyro announced that he had a book signing at the mall that Friday. Piotr, of course, was needed to drive him since Magneto didn't trust John behind the wheel of any of the vehicles.
“Bloody hell mate, just because I drove on the left one time...”
Mon ami, you also took out a mail truck and three stop signs.”
“Ain't my fault you blokes can't get yer streets right.”
“Tell that to the mailman.”
“'e'll get over it. I betcha `e don't remember a damned thing.”
“True. Concussions will do that to a person.”
Luckily Piotr broke in at this point, because Pyro was starting to play with his lighter. “Enough, both of you. I will do the driving to the mall. You John, will shut up, and you Remy, will guard the base while we are gone. Understood?”
“Whatever you say, mate.”
“What he said, mon ami.” One should never argue with large metallic Russians. Remy pushed himself up off the couch where he'd been lounging around for most of the discussion. “Going for a drive, guys. Be back later.” He put on his ever-present trench coat and headed out the door. Normally he'd wait and give the news when he harassed his girlfriend during the day, but now that summer had started he couldn't guarantee when he'd see her next. Besides, it was a beautiful night for a drive and he needed practice sneaking past Wolverine.
Arriving at the institute, he hid his motorcycle just off the property and climbed a tree so he could see into Rogue's room. From his vantage point he could see that she was alone in the room. Remy got down from the tree and climbed up onto the balcony of her room. He could hear reggae music cranked on the stereo, so he knocked louder than he normally would on the window. Rogue looked up, startled, and made a face at him before coming over to the balcony door. His chere was soooooo mature.
“What are you doing here, Remy? Are you crazy?”
“Certifiable. Come up to the roof.” And with that he climbed up to the roof, knowing she'd follow. And she did a minute or two later, still looking like she wanted to call the guys in white coats.
“Okay Remy, I'm here. What's going on?”
“Since when has my Roguey been into reggae?”
“She isn't. But her roommate was watching Cool Runnings this evening and has been on a Bob Marley kick ever since. She just went downstairs for a snack.”
Remy laughed. Kitty was something else. Nice enough girl, but he didn't know how Rogue put up living with her sometimes. They were such complete opposites. He grabbed Rogue's hands and started dancing her around to the music.
“Remy, what are you doing?” She looked like she was trying not to laugh but failed. Remy started singing along with the music.
“Stir it up, little darling; stir it up, little darling...”
“Remy dear, whoever told you that you could sing, lied through their teeth.”
“Hush fille. Just dance with me.”
“If I do will you tell me what's going on?”
Oui.”
She shrugged and got more into the dance, allowing him to spin her around to the bouncy beat. “So spill it Swamp Rat, tell me why you're here before I have to suck the information out of you.”
Remy leered at her. “Oh Chere, you just said one of my favorite words.”
“Knock it off,” she growled. “Do you want Logan or someone else to catch us up here?”
“Okay, okay. Friday night John has a book signing at the mall and Piotr's driving him. I'll be by myself guarding the base. I figure that's our best chance right there.”
“Why does he need Piotr to drive him?”
“Trust me Rogue, you don't want to see John behind the wheel.”
“Worse than Kitty?”
“Kitty's a pro compared to him.”
“Ouch.”
Oui, that's what I said the last time I rode with him.” Remy said ruefully. “Anyway, so they'll be gone. You think you can get away?”
“I'll tell the Professor. I'm sure he'll agree.”
“Good. Meet me at the coffee house at 7 then.” The music had gotten a little slower and he was still dancing her around the roof. “So, from what I understand someone is turning 18 next week, am I right?”
“Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is though, it's just another birthday.”
Remy smiled. “But it's your birthday, why would I not want to celebrate the day you were born? You doing anything that night?”
“I think Kitty and the others are planning some kind of party. I'd invite you, but well, you know...”
“I know. We'll have to celebrate early then.”
She grumbled. “If you insist.”
“But I do,” he lowered her into a steep dip. “How can you say no to someone in a position to drop you on the floor?”
“Cajun if I go down I'm taking you with me.”
He grinned. “I'd look forward to it.” Reluctantly he let her up. “As much as I love having you in my arms on such a pretty night, I really should go. I'm sure your roommate's wondering where you are by now.”
She sighed. “I'm sure you're right.” She gave him a quick hug before letting him go. “You be careful getting out of here.”
“Of course Rogue. I'm always careful.” He helped her back down onto the balcony and then jumped down to the ground. He blew her a kiss before sneaking off into the tree line.
O-o-o-o-O
Friday came faster than she thought it would. Having cleared her absence with the Professor, she drove to the coffee house. Remy was waiting outside, and he kissed her hand before helping her onto the back of his bike. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held on as he took off. Here was one part of this she definitely didn't mind. She loved motorcycles, and getting to hold Remy was an added bonus. She was sure he could feel her heartbeat as she rested her chin on his shoulder and watched the scenery fly by.
The Acolytes' base was a converted warehouse in the industrial section of town. It was nestled among several other abandoned warehouses so they didn't worry about intruders. There were security cameras, but Remy had said he would take care of any tape showing the two of them before Mags got back. He unlocked the door and brought her inside.
“How long have John and Piotr been gone?” He had told her so many stories about his two teammates that she was used to calling them by their first names now.
“About an hour or so. I don't expect them back for another couple of hours. John always wants to hang out at the candle store whenever he goes to the mall. It usually takes a while for Piotr to drag him out.” He looked around and, seeming to be satisfied that they were alone, led her down a hallway.
“I feel like I'm sneaking into your room to fool around, Remy.”
He turned around and winked at her. “Maybe later, Chere.” He stopped at the end of the hallway in front of a door that seemed to lack hinges, doorknob or any means of getting in whatsoever.
“Now you see my problem?”
“That I do, Remy. Thankfully it can be dealt with.” She paused for a second to tap into Magneto's psyche, and could tell by Remy's swift intake of breath that her eyes were now glowing white with the power of magnetism. Now that she was in tune with Magneto's power it was a simple thing to manipulate the molecules in the metal of the door and open it like it was any other door.
Remy whistled. “Beautiful.”
Rogue was feeling rather pleased with herself. “Thanks.”
“The work with the door was nice too.” He blew her a kiss and dodged her fist as he walked into Magneto's office laughing. She sighed in resignation and started to help Remy in looking for any papers that might help them figure out what Mags was up to. They had been searching without luck for several minutes when Rogue spoke up.
“Remy, come here, look at this.” She sounded excited and so he went over to her side and looked at the papers she held. She grinned as a smirk appeared on his face.
“I think you've got something, Rogue. These look like blueprints to a lab. I bet you anything they're for that lab he's building out of town.” He took a little camera out of his coat pocket that looked like it could have been stolen from one of those spy movies and snapped pictures of the blueprints. He tucked the camera back into his pocket and was about to say something when they heard voices in the hall.
“Yo, Remy mate, where the hell are ya?”
O-o-o-o-O