X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Firstly I'd like to thank all my reviewers: NDNHoney, Mrs. Tom Felton, wayfarer-redemption, thocutt1020, underestimated-gurl, Anime addicted and Rogue14. I really like writing this story. So I hope you guys will like this chapter. Please R&R!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.
 
Chapter 3:
 
After overcoming his initial shock of seeing Rogue coming down from above, he instantly went to her side to help her down.
 
He put his hands on her waist and effortlessly lifted her down from the ladder, earning him a “What tha hell?” from Rogue, who had not seen him yet.
 
When he put her down on the ground, she turned around to face him and seemed very surprised to see him.
 
Though, she had come down here to look for him, she really didn't think she would find him. Something always seemed to go wrong when she wanted to do something.
 
But right now everything felt right to her.
 
She realized that she had been staring at him and looked away quickly.
 
She finally broke the silence with a lame “Hey.”
 
“Hi,” he replied just as lamely. Even though, just a moment ago, he really wanted to see her, he didn't know what to say to her.
 
He noticed that she looked nervous and was a little fidgety, which seemed strange to him because she was always so calm and collected around him.
 
Well collected at least. He remembered a couple of stereo incidents, which were able to break her composure.
 
He wondered what had her so edgy.
 
“Are those for me?” he asked, gesturing to the skateboard and helmet.
 
She nodded, her gaze reverting back to his face, as she was handing the items to him.
 
“Thanks,” he said, smiling at her, which he was happy to see she returned with one of her own.
 
“Well ah was going ta bring ya homework but ah thought this may be better,” she said still smiling.
 
“Much,” he replied.
 
Their smiles faded and an awkward silence filled the air. After about 2 minutes of staring and looking elsewhere they both blurted out at the same time:
 
“We miss ya.”
 
“I miss you guys.”
 
They both laughed and smiled once again.
 
“Come on lets go sit somewhere,” Evan said starting to lead the way; pausing he looked back at her and said, “Is down here ok, or do you want to go up?”
 
“Down here is fahne,” she said, smiling reassuringly.
 
So he led the way to a part of the abandoned subway tunnel that was not yet used by the Morlocks.
 
They sat down on the ground facing each other again in silence. But somehow it had become a comfortable one.
 
“So how's everything been going?” Rogue asked after awhile.
 
“Fine,” Evan lied.
 
“Evan,” she said, knowing he was lying, “Really how are ya?”
 
Evan paused, “Don't get me wrong, I like the Morlocks. They've become my friends. And Callisto has been helping me get through this,” he said gesturing to his appearance, “Its just that I guess I'm homesick.”
 
“Ya don't have ta be ya know,” she said gently, placing a gloved hand on his arm.
 
Evan noticed that she didn't hesitate or flinch when she felt the bone plates on his arm.
 
He looked up at her and said, “I know. But I think I just need to be down here right now. I'm not to sure why, but it just feels like what I'm supposed to do.”
 
Rogue nodded. She felt a little disappointed.
 
“What did ya expect, that he'd come running back? Ta ya?” Rogue thought.
 
“So tell me every little thing that's happened since I left,” he said.
 
So she told him everything she knew that had went on with every single member of the team, discreetly avoiding the subject of herself.
 
“Wow, you guys have been busy,” Evan said, happy that everything was going fine with all his friends.
 
“Yep,” Rogue said.
 
“So how about you tell me what you've been up to now?” he said.
 
“Meh? Nothing much. Actually nothing at all,” she said nervously. She was obviously lying and she could tell that Evan knew. What was wrong with her? Usually she could lie her way out of any situation if it was called for.
 
“Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to,” he said kindly, noticing she wasn't too comfortable, “I was just curious.”
 
“Which part did ya want ta know? Tha part where mah powers went crazy and ah almost hurt and killed mah friends or tha part where ah was betrayed by mah supposed best friend? Or how about tha part where everyone treats meh as if ah'm made of glass and that littlest thing might break meh?” she said angrily, not at Evan though.
 
Evan looked at her for a moment. He was totally caught off guard by her outburst.
 
Rogue had her head bent down and she had become silent. Evan looked closely at her and he thought he saw a tear slipping down her cheek. For some reason he couldn't stand seeing her in pain.
 
So he put his arm around her shoulders and let her lean into him.
 
The moment felt so right to the both of them. Like this was how it was meant to be.
 
~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~++~+~+~+~< /div>
 
I hope you liked that. More to come soon, including some Evan and Rogue fluff!
 
So please review and let me know what you think!
 
Thanks!