X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi. Sorry about taking forever to update. I've had finals all week. So now I'm done and on holidays. I hope you like this chapter. And please R&R! Thanks!
 
Chapter 4:
 
After realizing that she had her head on his shoulder she quickly lifted it off and wiped away at some stray tears that escaped her eyes. But he didn't move his arm, though; it was still resting on her shoulders.
 
“I'm sorry Rogue. I had no idea,” Evan said, regretting that in a little way it was he who had caused those tears to fall.
 
“No, its not your fault,” Rogue said.
 
“Do you want to tell me about?” he asked, “I mean you don't have to if you don't want to.”
 
She hesitated for a second and Evan thought she wasn't going to say anything but then she spoke up, “Ah couple of days after ya left, mah powers started ta act strange. Ah would all of tha sudden use someone's powers that ah had absorbed wit' out warning. Ah had no clue what was happening. In that same day mah `friend' Risty came back ta school and suggested we go ta ah concert together. We went and things got out of hand. Ah absorbed Risty and found out she was actually Mystique all along.”
 
“What?” Evan yelled, surprised.
 
“Yeah ah know and that's not even tha best part,” Rogue said, bitterly, “Turns out she's mah mother too. Not biological, adopted.”
 
“Wow! So you and Kurt are related,” Evan said in awe.
 
“Ah guess so,” Rogue said a little reluctantly, “But wait there's more.”
 
“More?” Evan asked amazed.
 
“When ah absorbed Mystique ah shape shifted first inta Sabertooth and then inta tha Juggernaut and ah trashed tha concert. Some of tha others were there and tried ta stop meh. They didn't know it was meh. And then ah basically attacked every single X-men wit' all tha powers ah absorbed until Logan got through ta meh and tha Professor helped meh drive tha personalities out. Then ah collapsed and woke up in tha med bay,” she explained, “Ah just got out of there yesterday.”
 
“Wow,” Evan said, not knowing what else to say. And he thought he had it bad, “Are you sure you're ok?”
 
“Ah'm fahne. Please don't start treating meh lahke ah'll break. Ah left tha mansion tonight ta escape that,” she told him.
 
“And here I thought you left because you missed me,” Evan joked.
 
Rogue looked up into his face and into his eyes saying, “That too.”
 
Evan's laughter died down and his expression turned serious and he couldn't look away from her eyes. She was mesmerizing him. And he felt himself leaning towards her.

Rogue looked away quickly and said, “So…”
 
Evan cleared his throat and was clearly embarrassed. He removed his arm from around her shoulders.
 
“So do you have any idea what triggered it?” he asked, without looking at her.
 
“Ah'm not too sure. Ah mean ah was playing racquetball wit' Scott and then he told meh he was going ta tha concert wit' Jean and then left. All of tha sudden Blob's memories popped inta mah head and ah threw tha racquet inta tha wall,” she told him.
 
“Oh,” Evan said in a knowing kind of way.
 
“What do ya mean oh?” she asked suspiciously.
 
“Nothing, nothing at all,” Evan lied.
 
“No ya have something ta say, so say it,” Rogue demanded.
 
“Fine. It's just that umm… We all knew you had a thing for Scott,” Evan told her.
 
“Ah did not,” Rogue defended.
 
“Come on Rogue you were totally in love with him,” Evan said, “I think the only person that didn't know was Scott himself.”
 
“Shut up,” she said.
 
“Admit it Rogue,” Evan encouraged.
 
“Fahne, so ah lahked him… ah lot… but not anymore,” she said sternly.
 
“Really?” Evan asked a slight hint of hope in his voice.
 
“Yeah. Ah realized that he only had eyes for Jean,” she replied, “So ah'm moving on.”
 
“Good. It's not good to pine over a guy. We were starting to think you would grow up to be an old maid,” Evan joked.
 
“Ya're looking ta be absorbed aren't ya,” Rogue threatened, “Ah kind of missed coming ta your room and threatening ya. It was fun.”
 
“As I remember I don't think either of us were laughing when you did that,” Evan said.
 
“That's cause ah didn't laugh in front of ya,” she said laughing at him now.
 
“Your so evil,” he replied also laughing.
 
Rogue took off one of her gloves and held it in front of him, pretending to threaten him.
 
Evan stopped laughing, he looked at her hand. Her skin was so pale and it looked like it would be the softest thing in the world to touch.
 
He couldn't resist, he quickly took hold of her sleeve-covered arm and brought her palm to his lips and gave it the lightest kiss before her powers kicked in. Then just as quickly he let go of her arm.
 
He was right it was the softest thing he had ever felt.
 
She sat there looking totally stunned and confused. She no idea what to say, and if she did, she didn't think her voice would work anymore.
 
Evan decided to break the silence, he stood up, grabbed his skateboard and helmet and said, “Come on, I'm going to teach you how to skateboard.”
 
He started to walk away.
 
She was still sitting there until his words sunk in, “What!” And she started to walk after him.
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~
 
I hope you guys liked it.
 
I'm kind of desperate for reviews. I really want to know if anyone likes this story or is even reading it. So please review.
 
 
Thanks!