X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi guys. Here's the next chapter. I hope you liked it. Please R&R!
Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.
 
Chapter 5:
 
When they got to the top Rogue was still thinking about Evan's earlier gesture.
 
She had poisonous skin. And she was just starting to accept that fact. She was also starting to accept that she'd probably be alone for the rest of her life.
 
Since receiving her `gift' no one had tried to touch her skin. No one wanted to touch her. And she learned to deal with that. In fact she didn't want anyone to come near her. She was the untouchable.
 
But Evan had risked being hurt or worse, killed for a kiss on the palm, a lousy kiss on the palm.
 
She looked down at her hand, the spot where he had kissed her and she realized that the spot was still tingling. And she could still feel the feather light touch, as if he had left an imprint of his lips. It was the most skin-to-skin contact that didn't end up absorbing the person, she had since, well, ever. And she looked up at the person who had dared to give it to her.
 
Rogue was very confused. Why? Why would he even risk it?
 
She was in the process of pondering this very confusing question when Evan decided to snap her out of her daze.
 
“Hey,” he said gently, “How about we get this lesson started.”
 
“How about not,” she replied, her voice still with her.
 
“Oh come on. Just give it a try. I know ya wanna,” Evan persuaded.
 
“No ah don't. It's dangerous,” she said stubbornly.
 
“This from a girl who has been up against some very serious situations,” he said.
 
“Fahne, but only ta shut ya up,” she replied.
 
“Ok here wear the helmet,” he said.
 
She took it from his hands and put it on.
 
“Ah look lahke ah geek, don't ah?” she said, after putting it on and noticed Evan staring at her.
 
But Evan was only taken aback by how incredibly cute she looked.
 
“No, no, you look… fine,” he said slowly.
 
“Ok lets get this over wit'. Ah don't even know why ya're trying ta teach meh.”
 
“Because it's fun. Now get on the board,” he told her.
 
She stepped on to it one foot first; as soon as the other went up the skateboard moved and she found herself falling.
 
Immediately Evan caught her and held on to her so she would not fall. He held onto her a second longer before letting her stand on her own two feet.
 
“See, what did ah tell ya? Dangerous. Right,” she told him.
 
“Ok what if you get on it while I stand right behind you,” he suggested.
 
“Fahne, whatever ya say,” she said moving back to the board.
 
This time as soon as she put one foot on the board she felt Evan's hands on her waist. And she couldn't stop the fluttering of butterflies in her stomach. His hands were so close to the bare skin of her stomach that her purple sweater showed off. Yet another risk he was willing to take, Rogue noted.
 
“I'll steady you. You can put your other foot on,” he told her.
 
She had momentarily forgotten what they were doing but now she lifted her other foot onto the board and was pleasantly surprised when she did not fall.
 
“See you can do it,” Evan encouraged.
 
“All ah'm doing is standing on tha board,” she said dryly.
 
“Ok, well how about we move,” he suggested.
 
“Fahne,” she said unenthusiastically.

Without warning Evan started to push her around on the skateboard, while holding on to her firmly, but applying slight pressure to her waist to move her.
 
That slight pressure was sending shocks up and down her body.
 
What was wrong with her? This was Evan, her very good friend. That's it.
 
While she was pondering her strange reaction, she was not paying attention to what was going on and somehow, she didn't know how, even with Evan's hands on her, she lost her balance and started to fall.
 
And in the process she took Evan down with her.
 
She landed on top of him, their faces inches apart. They looked into each other's eyes not knowing where else to look. And Evan realized he was completely bewitched by her emerald eyes.
 
The next thing he knew his hand was reaching up and his fingers were running through her hair. He pushed back some tendrils of hair on her face, his hand slightly grazing the skin on her cheek. And all the while, Rogue was holding her breath waiting to see what would happen next.
 
He put his hand on the back of her head and gently pulled her down closer to him.
 
Their lips were millimeters apart and both their eyes instinctively fluttered shut.
 
Just as Evan was about to close the distance between them, he felt Rogue suddenly jerk her head to the side and heard her say, “It's getting very late. Ah better get going.”
 
She stood up very quickly and fumbled with the helmets snap. As soon as she got it off she gave it to Evan who was still on the ground.
 
“Thanks Evan for tha lesson. It was nice seeing ya. Good night,” she said, really quickly.
 
Then before Evan could say a word she took off running at a speed that rivaled Pietro's own.
 
“Good Night Rogue,” he said out loud.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~_________________~~~~~~~~~+++++++++++++++~~~~~~((((( ((((
 
I hoped you all liked it. Obviously there's an attraction right now between the two. I'm trying real hard not to make them fall in love instantly. I want them to gradually ease into it.
 
Also I've never skateboarded before, so if it was kind of off well that's why.
 
Anyway's I'll try to update as soon as possible. So please review and tell me what you all think.
 
Thanks!!