X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi. Sorry this has taken me awhile to update. I've been working on my other fic. Anyways I hope you like this chapter. Please R&R! Thanks!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.
 
Chapter 6:
 
“Great Evan, just great. Now she won't come back ever again,” Evan said out loud to himself.
 
Evan was walking back to his new home while reprimanding himself.
 
“How could I have been such an idiot?” he said.
 
A flash of her emerald eyes popped into his head. “Oh yeah. That's how,” Evan thought.
 
He let out a sigh and thought about what happened that night. He realized that it was the first night that he truly felt content and happy since even before he left the mansion.
 
“What's wrong with me?” Evan thought, “She's my friend.”
 
His head was being bombarded with all these strange and confusing emotions that he hadn't felt until that day.
 
One thing stood out though. He liked Rogue.
 
“And I blew it,” Evan said, groaning in frustration and slapping his forehead.
 
“Hey I was just coming to look for you,” Callisto said to him, “Is everything all right?”
 
“Yeah, yeah everything is great,” he said unconvincingly.
 
“Calliban said Rogue was down here. Did you see her?” she asked him as they walked into the Morlock camp.
 
“Yeah,” Evan said.
 
“What did she want?” she asked, suspiciously.
 
“Too talk,” Evan replied.
 
“About?” she pried.
 
“Look I'm really tired. I think I'm just going to go to sleep,” Evan said abruptly cutting her off.
 
“Ok,” Callisto said.
 
Evan walked to his sleeping bag and climbed into it.
 
“Rogue, I sure hope you come back,” Evan thought before he fell asleep.
 
~ ~ ~
 
The whole run home Rogue tried to force herself not to think about what happened. He was her friend for God's sake. What was she thinking?
 
It wasn't working. She couldn't stop thinking about Evan.
 
She could still feel his feather light touch on her hand. It was her first kiss. Though it wasn't on the lips it was still amazing. And it meant a lot to her. He was willing to risk his health for just a kiss on the palm.
 
And he was about to kiss her again and she was going to let him, before her senses had returned and she ran away.
 
What was I thinking?
 
“Ah could have seriously hurt him,” she said to herself, “Why would ah even risk it?”
 
Because you like him, was the first thought that popped into her head. The second thing was that he was so cute.
 
“God, ah'm starting ta think lahke Kitty,” she thought.
 
She finally reached the mansion. She decided to go in the way she got out, through Evan's room. She climbed up and landed in his room.

Before leaving it she grabbed one of his pillows and held it to her face. It still smelled like him.
 
She left the room with it, taking it to her room.
 
When she opened the door she left the light off and closed the door behind her. She was really tired and exhausted. She climbed right into bed without even changing. Just as she was about to pull the covers over her the light was switched on and she heard someone say, “Hello Rogue.”
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+
 
So I hope you liked that little cliffhanger. I wonder who's in Rogue's room?
 
Anyways the next time I update will probably be next week. School starts tomorrow for me, so it's back to being really busy again.
 
Fanfiction.net reviewers:
 
Jayman: Thanks for putting it on your favorites list. I hope you liked this chapter too!
 
Chris: I'm glad you like Evan now. I always thought he was an awesome character despite what everyone said.
 
Anime Addicted: I don't know if she'll be very embarrassed but she will try to act as if it didn't happen. Thanks for reading.
 
Hell Devil: Thanks. I hope you like this chapter.
 
Well I hope you liked it and please review and tell me what you think.
 
Thanks!