X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ HANDS OF A STRANGER ❯ ROAD TRIP: PART ONE ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ROAD TRIP: PART ONE
Author: Spark187
 
Discloser: I own nothing. Those characters belong to Marvel Comics. I wrote this just for fun.
 
“Oh, mah god, ah can't believe we jus' high-tailed it outta there,” Rogue said excitedly when Remy finally stopped the bike on the side of the road. “Hey, where are we?” she asked.
“Don' know, chere, but we outta gas,” Remy said. “Look like we be walkin' t'da next fillin' station.”
Ohh,” she said. “Wonder how far it is? Couple miles at least. Still, neva had so much fun in all mah life.” She threw her arms around him. “If ah got be stranded, nice bein' stranded here with you.”
Ya mean dat?” Remy asked.
She reached up and took his glasses off and looked deeply into his eyes. “Yea, ah do.”
An ya don' mind dat I'm a mutant?”
No, why would ah? Besides, that's some power yah got there,” she said and threw her arms around him. He leaned in and kissed her passionately. She felt his tongue in her mouth and that excited her even more. She never felt anything like it. She wanted more.
He soon broke off the kiss which confused her a little. “Umm, we betta git goin'. Long walk ahead.”
Yea, ah guess so.” The pair started their walk down the lonely highway. They saw not even one car in nearly ten miles of walking. Rogue felt fatigue coming on. Remy felt it, too. He hoped they could find a gas station and maybe a cheap motel, because it seemed they both could use a rest.
Hey, Remy, ah see somethin',” Rogue said. “Up ahead.”
Come on,” he said. The promise of a bed and hot meal was just ahead. They walked another half mile and found a small gas station. They didn't see much of anything else, but it was place to get enough fuel to get to the next town.
Hey, we be needin' some service out here,” Remy yelled. Rogue laughed at their surroundings. “What be so funny, chere?” Remy asked.
This remind me of those ghost towns in those god awful western movies.” She started laughing hysterically which made him laugh too.
Finally the gas station attendant came out. “Where'd you two come from?”
'Bout ten miles up the road,” Rogue answered. “Ran outta gas.”
Ah figured that. Where yah headed?”
Where eva da road takes us,” Remy said. “Can yah fill'er up.”
Sure, buddy, but ah need t'see the cash first.”
No trust us,” he said jokingly.
Look friend, ah don't trust nobody. Now, money first than the gas.” Remy handed him a twenty. “Alright, that'll get yah the hell outta Dodge,” the man grumbled as he walked away.
Is that where we are?” Rogue asked.
Naw, just outside Mobile,” he grumbled. He looked at Remy for a moment and shook his head and walked off with the bike in tow.
Rogue started giggling. “What be so funny, chere?”
Ah think maybe he don't like your glasses. Think yah got somethin' tah hide.”
Maybe so,” he said. “We all got somethin' tah hide.” She had a faraway look in her eye. “What ya be t'inkin' 'about, chere?”
She hesitated for a moment. “Ahh, nothin', jus' few days ah thought mah life was pretty much over an now...”
An' now...?” he asked with a sly look in his eye. She put her arms around him. “What is it, chere?”
She looked playfully into his eyes. “Ah got you.” She brought her lips up to his and kissed him. At that moment the gas station attendant yelled over to them.
Hey, hey, yah gonna do that there's a motel couple miles up the road.”
They both laughed at the man while he just grumbled as he towed the bike back towards their direction.
Which way,” Remy asked.
Couple miles north a here. Keep goin' straight. Ya can't miss it.” As the guy was walking away Rogue could hear him grumbling. “God damn horny kids...”
She laughed at the man's words.
Remy got on the bike and Rogue followed suit. He revved up the engine. “Ya ready, chere?”
As ready as I'll eva be,” she said holding on tight. She never felt so free in her entire life. With her powers gone and Bobby free of her thoughts, she remembered how big an adventure life could be.
They traveled down the road, which seemed like forever, until they came to a rest stop. There was a small restaurant there. Remy stopped in front of it.
Ya hungry, chere?” Remy asked.
Starving. This place looks kinda nice. But then again, ah'm so hungry any ole hash house'll do.”
Remy laughed at her, and she laughed too. They walked inside where one waiter looked at them kinda funny.
Rogue whispered to Remy. “Maybe we should use the bathroom and freshen up a bit.” She laughed again.
A man came from the kitchen and approached them.“May I help you,” he asked.
Me and de lady here been travelin' and we pretty hungry.”
Where ya'lls bathroom. Ah need t'freshen up.”
Down there,” he said, pointing to the other side of the restaurant.
They both swiftly walked to the other side of the restaurant looking for the facilities whispering and giggling along the way. The few patrons that were there stared at them in disapproval. Rogue pushed her way into the ladies' room. When she looked at herself in the mirror she was aghast. There was dust all over her face and some at the tips of her hair. Her clothes were dusty and disheveled. She knew she looked bad, but not this bad. She quickly cleaned herself up as much as she could before exiting the bathroom. She found Remy outside the door waiting for her.
I look betta?” she asked.
He whispered in her ear. “Ya not look bad before. Remy like ya dirty.”
She laughed at his comment. “Ah bet yah do.”
They walked back up to the front of the restaurant and found a nice quiet table. There was already some menus handy. This was not exactly a five star restaurant but they didn't expect any of those around these parts.
Oh mah god,” Rogue said. “Ah'm so hungy ah think ah could eat everything on the menu.” She laughed again.
What be so funny?”
Us,” she said, still giggling. “That man coulda thrown outta here looking as bad as we look.”
Ya regret comin' wit me?”
No, not one bit. Ah'm jus' glad those thugs didn't hurt yah. Who's that guy Julien anyway?”
Nobody,” he said.
Really, then who's Bell?” Rogue inquired. “Mosta been someone important t'get him all riled up like that.”
She ain't nobody, not no more,” he said. Something told him that Rogue didn't believe him. “Are ya jealous?”
No, ah used t'have somebody too, but it didn't work out.”
What happened?”
He cheated on me, so ah left. Well, after he humiliated me like that ah just couldn't stay there. Then ah came t'New Orleans an ah found you, or did you find me?”
“Is that all dere is, Rogue.” She got silent for a moment. Remy, she be hidin' something. Dat okay. Ya can wait. She tell you when she want to.
The waiter came back to their table. “Are you ready to order?”
Yes, sir,” Rogue said. “Big plate a'southern fried chicken with all the fixins. That okay with you?”
Yea, fried chicken sound good,” he said, running his foot up her leg. She wore a shocked look on her face and giggled. The waiter left not impressed with their antics.
God, you're awful. They gonna kick us outta here yet.”
Let 'em try,” he said, a hungry look in his eye.
Fine with me, but after they bring us the food.”
Rogue no longer felt awkward around him, but not so much that she could tell him everything. She wanted to which was really strange to her because she had only known him for a few days. Now when she thought about Bobby there wasn't pain and frustration. She just remembered the way he hurt her, but she was no longer angry. Truth was she didn't feel much of anything when came to Bobby. The only thought that came to mind was how inadequate he was.
What yah thinkin' 'bout, chere?” Remy asked as he took her hand from across the table.
Oh, nothin' really,” she said with shy smile.
Somethin' 'bout me?” he asked. “Mos' be ta make ya smile like dat.”
Yah really are full a yourself, aren't ya?” she laughed which made him laugh too. “So, smart guy, what am ah thinkin' right now?”
At that moment the waiter came by with the food. Rogue's eyes grew wide. “Hungry chere?”
Seems like ah hadn't eaten in forever.” She dug into the food, polishing off four pieces of chicken in no time. She looked up to see Remy staring at her. “What?”
“Didn't know you were dat hungry. We need ta order more?” She picked up a drumstick a flung it at him. “Thanks, chere, that's the one I wanted.”
“Ah guess that was funny,”she said. Remy didn't say anything he just slowly lifted the chicken to his lips. Rogue's heart started to beat really fast. Stop thinking that way, she told herself.Yah just met him a few days ago.
Before they knew it all the food was gone. “Wow,” Rogue said . “Looks like we're both pigs.” She couldn't help but laugh which made Remy laugh too.
The waiter came by with the check. He didn't say anything just gave the couple a strange stare telling them that he really wanted them to leave. Remy left the money on the table, and they got up to leave.
Feelin' better, chere?” Remy asked her as they walked back to his bike.
Ah feel great, but kinda tired. Can't remember the last time ah slept.”
We find a place to stay. It be getting' dark soon.”
They both got on the bike and road off. It wasn't long before they found the place the man at the gas station told them about. When they stopped and got off the bike Rogue looked at the place in wonder.
Wow!” she said softly.
What is it, Chere?”
Kinda looks like the Bates Motel,” she said laughing.
Remy took hold of the bike towing it up the steep hill. “Come on, lets get a room.”
She was all for that idea. In a hotel room alone with Remy, the thought excited her. They traveled up a small hill until they got to the entrance door. The place looked worse up close than it did from the street.
Don't look like much, does it?” Remy commented.
No,” she said. “But ah'm so tired, ah don't care.” Once inside they saw that the place looked pretty nice. The lobby was clean although cheaply decorated. The front desk had a few nicks in it, but at least the place didn't stink.
We'd like a room for the night?” Remy said to the clerk behind the desk.
Sure, buddy, sign in, please.”
Got a place ah can keep my bike?”
Hey, sure, you can lock it up in the back garage. It'll be safe. Here's your key. Room 107, down the hall and to the right.”
Here,” Remy said. “You go on to de room, and I'll go lock up da bike.”
Okay,” she said.
She hurried down the hall until she reached room 107. When she walked in she saw it only had one large bed. Now, she started to get really nervous, but she was just so tired. She went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. How she needed one. She stripped herself of her clothes and stepped in. The water felt so good. Ten minutes later she stepped out and brushed her teeth. Her clothes were still dusty so she soaked them in some soap and water then hung them on the rod to dry. She wrapped a towel round her and exited the bathroom.
She eyed the large king-size bed. It was so inviting, and even though her hair was still a little damp, she crawled under the sheets. Sleep came easily and she drifted off.
Remy came back a few minutes later having gotten an extra key from the front desk clerk. When he walked in he saw Rogue was already asleep. She looked like an angel. He could see all she had on was a towel underneath the sheets.
Control yourself, Remy, he told himself. He turned around and headed for the bathroom. He took his clothes off and ran some cold water in the shower. Just being in the same room with her was making him crazy. Then he wondered, Why'd ya have ta pick her up in a bar. She way too classy a lady for dat. He noticed how she tried to wash her clothes. No wonder she was just wrapped in a towel. He put in boxers back on and walked out of the bathroom.
He could help but notice her as he walked back in the room. The mere scent of her intoxicated him. How desperately he wanted to be lying next to her. He just stood there watching her sleeping form admiring her magnificence. He touched his hand to her cheek. She stirred a little, moaning softly. She truly was an angel, his angel.
He walked over to the other side of the bed and slipped under the covers. Just the sight of her aroused his passion. He so desperately wanted to touch her, but he dared not. He closed his eyes hoping it would help, but he could still smell her. He was drunk with just the thought of her. It took every once of his willpower to control himself. He could no longer look upon her. The temptation was too much, so turned his back to her. Sleep didn't come easy. Even after he closed his eyes all he could see was her, but soon exhaustion hit him and he drifted off into sleep.
Rogue woke up soon after to find Remy lying next to her. She looked under the covers and giggled to herself. Well, I guess ah now what yah sleep in. He was now lying on his back and she could no longer resist the need to be closer to him. She gently took his arm and put it around her. She loved feeling the warmth of his body heat. She was no longer afraid, not of him. She felt safe wrapped in his arms. She drifted into sleep once more.
As Dawn peeked through their hotel window, Remy awoke to see Rogue sleeping contently next to him. She looked so beautiful and helpless lying there, but a thought struck him. Had something happened the night before? It couldn't have. He would have remembered. He gently laid her head back down on the pillow as she moaned softly.
She must be dreamin', he thought. Wonder if it be 'bout me? A sly smile came to his face. Mus' be.
He quietly walked back to the bathroom to change. Since they both left in such a hurry a few days before, they really had no kind of traveling supplies. Rogue never complained, but he felt that she deserved better. He would fix that. He came back into the room and searched the nightstand for paper and pen. Yes, he found it. He'd leave her note so she wouldn't worry. And he didn't want her to think that he ditched her either.
As he reached the door he looked back at Rogue still sleeping peacefully. He blew her a kiss before he opened the door and stepped out. He reached the front desk where he saw a woman sitting.
Excuse me, ma'am,” he said. “Any stores around here where I can buy some clothes.”
Sure, hon, there's a little strip down the ways, get jus' about anything yah need.” She got up from her desk and leaned in closer to him. “Hal told me 'bout that pretty girl yah came in with last night. She your girlfriend?”
Yes, ma'am, we be travelin'.”
Where yah headed, hon?” she asked.
Don't know, we be findin' out when we get dere,” he said as he made his way to leave.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
About a hour after Remy's departure Rogue awoke. She looked to see that Remy was no longer there. Then she saw a piece of paper sitting on the nightstand. She leaned over and picked it up
 
Dear Rogue,
Went out to pick up some things. I didn't have the heart to
wake you. Be back soon.
Remy
 
Oh, mah god, he's so sweet, she thought to herself. She kissed the note and laid it back down on the nightstand. She got out of bed still with the towel wrapped around her. She wondered what Remy must have thought when he saw her like that. He must have behaved himself because she was still wearing it.
Suddenly Rogue heard her phone ring. “Oh, god, no, ah hope it's not Bobby again.” She scrambled to reach for it inside the nightstand. She looked at the caller ID. “That's not Bobby's number. Huh, don't recognize it. Oh, well. Hello?”
Rogue, where the hell are you?”
Logan,” she said a nervous tone in her voice. “How's it goin'?
That all you got to say? We're all goin' crazy trying to find you.”
Well, you can stop, 'cause ah'm fine. Ah jus' had tah get away. Yah do it all the time.”
When yah comin' back?” She got quiet all the sudden and refused to answer. “Rogue?” Still she wouldn't answer. “Rogue, I know your there. Answer me.”
Ah ain't. Ah told Bobby that, and now ah'm tellin' you.”
Is this because of Bobby, 'cause if it is...?”
No!...yea,...it was, but it's not anymore. Ah jus' don't belong there anymore. Ah got find mah own way now. So, please...”
This is your home.”
Not anymore,” she she sullenly.
Rogue, I care about you. We're all worried.”
Don't be, Logan. Ah'm alright. In fact, ah better than all right.”
What do you mean by that?”
None a your concern. Now if ah needed yah ah'd tell yah, but ah don't. So, please, let me be on mah own for a while. It's better that ah left.”
Call if ah need anything.”
Ah will, ah promise. Bye, Logan.”
Bye, darlin'”
She ended the call feeling a little guilty. Logan had been her friend at the lowest point in her life, and here she was turning her back on him. He only wanted to help. Why wouldn't she let him? It was because of Bobby she left, but it was because of Remy that she didn't want to go back.
She sprung out of bed holding the towel around her so it wouldn't fall. “Well, ah hope mah clothes are dry.” Then she thought of Remy. “Don' wanta give 'im too much of a thrill.” She laughed to herself. Yah such a bad girl sometimes.
Rogue had just made her way to the bathroom when she heard the door open. She hurried and put on her black tank top and jeans. She emerged from the bathroom just a tiny bit disheveled. Her face brightened up when she saw Remy standing near the bed with several bags.
Someone went shoppin',” she said coming up behind him. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
Miss me, chere?” he said turning to face her.
'Course ah did. Did yah miss me?” He nodded which made her laugh. “Then show me.” He put his arms around her waist giving her a long hard kiss. “Ah guess so,” she said with a smile. “So what's all this.”
Some clothes, and other t'ings we be needin'.”
“Oh, why didn't yah wake me. Ah woulda went with yah.”
Ya look so peaceful, didn't wanna wake ya, besides ya needed ya sleep.”
Okay, but ah'm payin' for half. Ain't no fair that you be payin' for everythin' on this trip.”
Non. Remy don't mind. Ya need a little spoilin'. Remy happy ta do it. I got ya into dis mess ta begin wit.”
No, yah didn't. Ah wanted tah come. Best time ah eva had. So, what yah get?”
Dis bag for you.”
She took the bag and dumped the contents on the bed. “What's this?” she asked.
Nightgown, don' all ladies wore 'em, or do they just wore bath towels to bed.” He was teasing her again. Her face turned blood red.
Well, ah couldn't very well sleep in mah old dirty clothes, now could ah?” She held up the nightgown. It was a light green color that shimmered like satin, with tiny strings straps. It looked at if would fit her form pretty nicely. “How you know mah size anyway?” she said.
Just by lookin'”
An ah bet yah like lookin'” He gave her a devilish grin. She went through the rest of the clothes. He had bought her two pairs of jeans and two tops, one black and one green. There was a jacket just in case it got cold, and a little black dress, and some black sheer hose and shoes to match. “Now where do yah think ah'll be wearin' this?” she asked.
Maybe I take ya to a nice restaurant, and den we go dancin' an...”
An what?” she asked, trying to sound shocked even though the same thing was on her mind. “What yah after, Cajun?” She said, putting her hands on her hips.
He took her hands in his. He noticed that she no longer flinched at his touch. The prospect excited him. “Not'ing yah ain't willin' tah give.” He bent down and kissed her. “I'll give you whatever it is yah want,” he said, looking deep into her eyes.
Ah already got what ah want,” She said, her eyes brightening. “So where we goin' next?”
Don' know. Julien might be followin' us, so we should keep moving.”
What's his problem? Can't just be over a girl. What was her name? Bell. Why does he care what went on between you her anyway?”
'Cause he's her brother, an' he hates my family, but ya don' have ta be jealous a her.”
Ah ain't jealous,” she said with a bit of coyness. “What makes you think...”
I see it in your eyes,” he said playfully.
How yah see anythin' through those glasses,” she said and snatched them from his face. She folded them up and put them behind her back. “There now, what do you see?”
Give dose glasses, Rogue.” She shook her head no. “Come on, chere.”
No way,” she said, jumping to the other side of the bed. “Yah gotta catch me first.” She dangled them up in the air as he flew over to her side and grabbed her by the waist. They both fell to the floor and laughing. He took the glasses from her ready to put them back on. “Please, don't,” she said just above a whisper. “Ah like yah better this way.” She took the glasses from him and placed them on the bed.
She leaned in and kissed him. Her touch excited him. He moved his hands up her top, feeling her soft skin. She rolled over onto her back taking him with her. His body pressed against hers. He never wanted anyone as much as he wanted her.
Do yah want me?” she whispered.
Yes,” he said. He started to move his tongue down her neck. He heard her light moans inviting him to do more.
Bang! There was a knock on the door. Damn, Rogue thought. Ah'm gonna kill who's eva at that door.
Remy got up from the floor in answer to the banging. “Who dere?” He opened the door to see Hal, the man who was behind the front desk when they first checked in.
Yah'll are makin' too much noise!”
We're sorry,” Rogue said, while getting' up from the floor and laughing. “We just gotta little carried away, is all.”
Just keep the noise down,” he grumbled and shut the door.
Rogue was still laughing after Hal left. She walked over to Remy and said, “Now, where were we?”
Packin',” he said. “We should be goin' soon.”
Okay,” she said a little disappointed. He had bought two duffel bags and bag of hygiene supplies for each of them. She folded up her clothes and placed them neatly in the bag, while Remy just stuffed his. “So, should we leave today or spend one more night?”
Non, we should go now, we could make it to the next town before dark.”
Good plan,” Rogue said. “Maybe we'll be outta Alabama before too long.”
Okay, let's go pay de bill an get outta here.” Rogue grabbed her bag and as did he and walked out to the front desk. “How much we owe ya?” Remy asked.
One-fifty,” Hal said. Remy handed him the money, tipped his glasses and walked out. Rogue looked back to see the man in shock. Remy went to the back garage to retrieve his bike. He found the door unlocked. When he came out Rogue had a devilish look on her face. “What is it?” he asked.
Ah can't believe yah did that tah that guy. His jaw just about dropped to the floor.”
Couldn't help myself,” he said, towing the bike down the hill.
Ah'll bet,” she said laughing. Rogue made it to the street first where she waited for Remy to come down. “So which way we headed.”
As Remy set the bike down on the road he said, “North be our best bet.”
Lead the way,” she said. He tied the duffel bags to the back of the bike. Then he helped her on. He got on the bike and started up the engine.
Ya alright back there, chere?”
Ah'm fine.”
All they had in front of them was the open road and what was behind them didn't matter...or so they thought.