X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ HANDS OF A STRANGER ❯ ROAD TRIP: PART TWO ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ROAD TRIP: PART TWO
 
Discloser: I own nothing. I just wrote this for fun.
 
“Hey, old man, Ah'm not gonna ask you again?”
“Julien, yah ain't gonna git not'hing outta him if yah keep manhandlin' him like dat.”
Alright, Bell, what you suggest?” Julien asked as he threw his victim to the ground.”
A little sweet talk goes a long way. Ain't that right.” she said to the old man laying on the ground. “Stand him up, Julien,” she said her voice becoming much deeper. Lightening up again, she said, “Now, we gonna start again...from de beginnin'.”
What...what yah wanna know?”
Yah see a man in a trenchcoat driving a motorcycle with a slut wit a white streak in her hair.”
Yes, ma'am, yesterday.”
Did dey say where dey be goin'?”
H-hotel, up the road,” he said, his voice almost a squeak.
Put him down, Julien.” The man was almost relieved. Bell walked up to him. “Betta not be lyin' or I be comin' back t'cut your heart out. Now, where dis hotel?”
U-up t-the road, n-north a here.”
Let's go,” Bell said heading back to her car. Julien hesitated. He really wanted to do some damage to this guy. “Julien, ya wastin' time! Let's go!”
Bell was a woman on a mission. She wanted to hurt Remy Labeau as he hurt her. She knew he was a lier and cheat. That's why she broke things off with him, but even so she wanted him back. She wouldn't allow the man she gave her virginity to to humiliate her. She wanted him back, if for more other reason but to torture him. And if she had to kill his latest conquest than so be it.
Mobile, what a crap town,” Julien grumbled. “Ya sure ya wanna do dis, Bell?”
What? Julien, can ya be any dumber. I not be comin' all dis way for not'ing. Dat dere no good son and bitch gonna pay for what he done. An' if ya don't help me I kill you too. Now, what be your answer?”
Longs you let me kill de girl. She like a fuckin' vampire. You no see what she did to Perre'. Almos' bit his finger clean off. Somet'in' not right 'bout dat one. Won' mind killin' dat no good Cajun either.”
Ya keep your hands off him, Julien. He's mine. Understand?”
Yea, Bell, I do, but why ya wanna go ruin my fun.”
Just shut up and do what I tell ya.”
Bell was getting agitated. She was a woman scorned and she wanted revenge. Who did he think he was tossing her aside. He was going to pay. She would make sure of it.
Dis can't be the place,” Julien said, “but it's the only one around.”
Let's go, Julien. We wastin' time.” She got out, slamming the car door. “Who builds a hotel on top of a hill.” Bell was even more annoyed now. “Get your ass movin', Julien.”
Bell obviously was the first to arrive at the entrance door. What a dump, she thought. What would Remy hold up in a place like this for. Then she thought, He jus' want t't'row me off. Well, it won' work. She walked in the door, Julien straggling behind.
“Who in charge here?” she helled.
That would be me, honey. Name's Fran. Yah need a room?”
Non. I be needin' information,” Bell said. “An you be givin' it to me.”
Oh, really,” Fran said. “An' what information yah think I have.”
Oh, where a certain Cajun and his latest slut be hidin'. I know dey here.”
“Yea, there was a Cajun here. He was quite a looker, but he's gone now. Had some pretty brunette with white streak in her hair with him. They were makin' so much noise my husband went banging on their door.”
“Where dey room. Show me.”
Alright, this way, honey,” Fran said. “I don't usually do this, but...” Fran took out a key and unlocked the door. “Here ah are.”
Bell and Julien looked around the room. Nothing seemed out of place, then Bell looked on the nightstand. She saw a note on a torn piece of paper. It was Remy's handwriting.
Damn him,” she said. “Who dis Rogue be? She be dead.” Bell turned back to Fran. “Where dey be?”
I don't know, honey. They checked out and left.”
How long?” Bell demanded.
Couple hours, maybe. I'm not sure.”
Bell and Julien stormed out of the hotel. “I'll get his Cajun ass and his little slut too,” Bell said as she reached her car.
Where we be going now. Back t'N'leans.”
Non. Dey not go back dare. Dey be goin' north, far away as dey can get. We be goin' dat way too.”
Bell got back in the car. She barely waited for Julien to close the door before she sped off.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Wow,” Rogue said. “Ah never realized Alabama was so big.”
“You alright back there? We almost to da border.”
All right, Tennessee, here we come.” She was shouting and whaling and having the time of her life. “Ah always wanted to visit Memphis.”
'Cause a Elvis,” Remy teased.
No, for the dancing, an' your taking me.”
Whatever the lady wishes.” He stopped the bike and got off. He helped Rogue off. “So there's Tennessee. Wanna go first.”
This is kinda stupid, but okay.” She jumped over the border like she was a five year child playing hopscotch. “Okay, ah'm over. We still riding or we gonna walk the rest of the way?”
Non. Dat be a long walk, besides if Julien be tracking us he catch us in no time.”
That big dumb jerk ain't no match for us. 'Sides, we took care of him last time even with his two goons.”
Might bring more next time, an' if Bell put him up to it it be a bad situation.”
Ah think yah worrying too much, 'sides what they gonna do? Kill us.”
Yea,” he said like it was the most natural thing.
Rogue's heart dropped. “They'd do that? Why.”
They trained assassins, That be what dey do.” Rogue really couldn't say anything. The prospect frightened her even though she tried to hide the fact. “No worry, chere, Remy protect yah.”
She smiled at that then shrugged, “What makes yah think ah need protectin'. Ah can take care a mahself just fine.”
But Remy like takin' care a ya,” he said putting his arms around her waist. She followed suit and put her arms around his neck. “So ya no afraid a Remy no more.”
She smiled refusing to look on his face. She didn't want him to see her blushing. “Neva was,” she said. “Ah's afraid a mahself. Ah don't wanna be afraid anymore. Been like that a long time.” She reached up and kissed him. “See, ain't afraid a touchin' yah.”
Remy like touchin' ya, chere. He like it a lot.” She started to feel awkward again. “Somet'ing wrong?”
Ah jus' feel like people are lookin' at us. Cars goin' by. Wonder what they're thinkin'”
Who cares,” he whispered. He leaned in kissing her long and hard. It made her forget where they were. On the border of Tennessee, cars buzzing by. Right now all she saw was him. He broke off the kiss when he heard a plane over head. It was so noisy it brought him back to reality. “We should get going.”
Yea,” she said, getting on the bike again. “Come on, Cajun, let's go. I wanna be in Memphis by nightfall.” He got back on the bike and soon they were off again.
If seemed like they were driving for hours before they reached Memphis. Rogue grew tired and hungry and so did Remy. He stopped at a convenient store at the corner of the road. They could get a light snack and find out where there was a nice hotel they could stay at. They walked in and looked around for a bit.
They don't had much, do they?” Rogue said. “Oh, well, it should hold us until we can get some real food.” Rogue picked up a few snack cakes. She was having a major sugar fit. They also picked up some sodas. Traveling on the open road gave her an awful case of dry mouth.
Rogue got that uneasy feeling again like something bad was about to happen. They reached the counter where Remy paid for the food. They were heading for the door to leave. That's when it happened.
Put your hands in the air,” they heard a man yell.
Rogue turned around to see a man with a gun. Remy stood in front of her. “Don' move, chere,” he said.
“What are yah doin'?” she whispered. “That maniac's gotta gun.” She came out from behind him and said, “Ah ain't lettin' yah do this.”
Hey,” the man said. “What do you think your going? I said hands in the air.”
Remy made a move towards him, but Rogue stopped him. “No, Remy, don't.”
Before anybody knew what was going on, the robber grabbed Rogue. Remy's eyes burned behind his glasses. “Anybody moves,” the robber said, “she gets it.”
No,” Rogue cried. “Let me go.”
Remy was beyond livid. He pulled out a playing card from his pocket. It burned hot in his hand. Instinctively he threw it at the robber. It landed a few inches away and exploded throwing him off guard. Rogue bit the man on the arm and flipped him over on his side. When he was on the ground she kicked him twice.
That'll teach yah, scum,” she said. “Ain't no way t'treat a lady.” She kicked him a again just to make sure he was out cold.
Remy ran up to her. “You alright, chere?”
Yea,” she said. “But what did yah think you were doing. Coulda got us both killed.”
Hey, you,” the clerk yelled from the other side of the counter. “I saw what yah did. You one of them damn muties, aren't yah? Get outta my store yah damn freaks.”
We just stopped yah from getting' robbed, yah dumb ass,” Rogue yelled at him.
Get out, yah mutie whore,” the clerk yelled back.
Hey, dat no way t'speak to a lady.”
Both a yah outta my store, or when the cops get here they'll arrest you too. All yah damn muties should ben locked up. Now, get out!”
Remy picked up their bag ready to leave at the man's insistance.
Yea, yea. We be goin'. Ya should be t'ankin' us for savin' ya ass,” Remy yelled. He turned back and said, “Member dat next yah get robbed.”
They both swiftly walked out of the store. Rogue was in tears by the time they were outside. “Hey, chere, don't listen t'dat guy. He stupid.”
When's it gonna end!” she yelled. “Thought it would be over when ah...”
Come on, chere, we can' stay here.”
She dried her eyes and got back on the bike. She was quiet as they went up and down the streets looking for a descent hotel to stay in. “Dis place look good,” Remy said. Still Rogue said nothing. “Ya alright, chere?”
Yea,” she said, a quietness to her voice. “So are we stoppin' here?”
He got off the bike and helped her down as well. “Only if ya be wantin' too.”
No, it's fine. Besides, ah could use a shower.”
Me too, cause ah'm takin' you out tonight. Give me an excuse ta see yah in dat dress.”
Ohh, is that yah angle. Alright, Cajun, but no fast food. Yah takin' me someplace nice.” He grabbed their bags off the bike. She took his arm and they walked into the hotel together.
It was a small place, a bed and breakfast type setting. It was definitely an improvement from the last place they had stayed. Remy came up to the front desk and requested a room. The clerk at first looked at him a little funny. He guessed it was because of his glasses, but he had gotten used to that. That didn't even bother him anymore. It seemed Rogue was in a better mood by the time they got to the hotel room. She was actually smiling. It was only one o'clock and she hoped to get a few hours sleep before they went out that night.
Ya hungry, chere?” he asked her.
No, not really, after what happen at the convenience store ah kinda lost my appetite.” That sullen look returned to her face.
Ya don' have t'be t'inkin' 'bout dat. Dat guy be an asshole.”
She smiled as she put her arms around him. “Well,” she said. “This place is nice. So, where yah takin' me t'night?”
“Ya say yah wanna do dancin' den dat what we do.”
I'm really tired, Remy. Ah think ah get few hours sleep. Yah don' wanna see me snorin' on the dance floor.”
He started laughing as the picture formed in his mind. Rogue laughed too after thinking the same thing. Remy went into the bathroom to clean up. He looked in the mirror not being able to believe his luck. He still couldn't believe someone so beautiful and sweet would be here with someone like him, especially after the trouble he put her through. When he emerged out of the bathroom she was already fast asleep. He couldn't help but stare at her. She was so beautiful lying there. She was like a helpless little bird that he wanted to take care of.
He was tired also and thought he should get some sleep as well. He went over to the other bed and crawled beneath the covers. Thoughts of Rogue sent him into sleep. It was nearly six o'clock before Rogue awoke. She was a little groggy, but a shower would fix that. She always felt better after a shower.
'Bout time ya be wakin' up,” Remy teased throwing a pillow at her.
Like pickin' on me?” she asked, half-teasing. She threw the pillow back at him. He responded by jumping on her bed. He pinned her arms the the mattress and leaned down to kiss her. She didn't protest.
Hey, mebbe we stay in tonight. I can' t'ink of a few t'ings we could do.”
She pushed him off of her and jumped off the bed. “Oh, no, yah promised yah takin' me out an' ah'm holdin' yah to it.”
Ahh, come on, Rogue,” he said half-sitting on her bed. “We have a lot more fun here.”
She laughed at him with his puppy dog eyes pleading with her, “Well, if we did that then yah never see what ah look like in that dress.”
True,” he said, “but rather see what yah look like wit'out it.”
She smacked him on the side of the head, not hard, just enough to bring him back down to earth. “Yah jus' might, Cajun,” she said as he grabbed her around the waist. He was standing next to her now. He felt the warmth of her body and didn't ever want to let her go. She pulled him away from her and said, “Now, yah stay out here while ah go freshen up, and no peekin'”
Wherever de lady desires,” he said, returning to sit on her bed once more. The sheets smelled her, an aroma he would never tire of.
She grabbed her duffel bag and made her way into the bathroom. She laid her bag on the counter near the sink and turned on the hot water. Even after being with Remy for the past week or so, she still felt a little nervous about going out with him that evening. Was this actually an official date? She wondered. It felt like one. She was determined to look her best.
It was almost an hour before she emerged from the bathroom. Remy was busy getting ready too. He had put on a suit, something he rarely did and decided to ax his trenchcoat, just for tonight. His back was turned when she finally came out, only the sound of her voice prompted him to turn around.
How do ah look?” she said softly. All he could do was stare. “Is it that bad?” she asked.
Non,” he said, sucking in his breath. “Remy like.”
She smile shyly. “Ah'm glad.” Her nervousness had come back again. Even after spending all this time with him, seeing him looking so good brought butterflies to her stomach. “Well, are we goin', or did yah jus' wanna see me in this dress?”
Her question brought him back down to earth. “Non. A promise is a promise,” he said. The thought gave her goosebumps. “Are yah cold?”
No, ah'm fine,” she said her voice quiet. “So let's go.”
They walked out of the hotel room hand in hand. As they made their way down the hallway, Rogue noticed several men looking at her. Wonder what's on their minds, she thought. Then she looked up at Remy. Wonder what's on his. That she already knew, because it was on her mind too.
When they finally reached the lobby, Rogue asked, “We taking the bike?”
Non,” he said. “Got somet'ing much better.”
Mr. Lebeau,” the hotel clerk said coming from behind his desk. “You're limo is waiting.”
Rogue looked shocked. “Remy, you didn't?” He just smiled slyly at her. “But it's way too expensive.”
Not'ing too expensive for you, cherie,” he said, kissing her hand. “Shall we?”
Alright, but your spoilin' meh,” she said playfully. He led her out the door where a beautiful black limousine awaited. He opened the door and helped her inside. Rogue felt like a princess being escorted to a ball. She wondered when this limousine would turn back into a pumpkin.
Where we goin?” Rogue said, leaning up against Remy.
You'll see. Be a surprise.”
What yah up to?”
Ain't gonna tell ya. Jus' gotta wait and find out.” That devilish smile came back on his face.
This your usual matter a courtin'?” she asked suspiciously.
Chere, yah wound me. Ain' not'ing usual 'bout you.”
Alright, ah'll let yah keep yah secrets,” she said giving a devilish smile of her own. “For now,” she added.
The drive seemed to take forever, but Rogue was enjoying it. Never before had anyone treated her like this. Soon the limousine stopped.
Where are we?” Rogue looked out the window to see a large building with beautiful stained glass windows. Remy exited the the limo and helped Rogue out afterwards. She looked on in awe. “This is so beautiful. How did yah ever find this place?”
“My secret,” he whispered to her. She smiled. She didn't really care how he found it only that they were there together. He led her inside where her face lit up even more. She felt like she was in a luxurious palace and she was some sort of fairy princess. But was Remy really a prince charming? She wanted to think so.
“Table for two?” the host asked.
Oiu,” Remy said.
This way,” the host said, directing them to follow him.
They were led to a quiet private table near the back of the restaurant. Remy was the perfect gentleman, He pulled out her chair and ordered some champagne. Rogue didn't know how to take this treatment. After a time the waiter returned to take their order. After the waiter left Remy noticed the sad look in Rogue's eyes.
“You alright, chere?” he asked, taking her hand from across the table. “Ya look so far away.”
Ah don' know. Ah just... ah never had anyone treat me like this before. Yah didn't need tah do all this.”
I wanted to. Remy just want ya t'be happy.”
Ah am, happier than ah ever been in ah life. But yah barely know anything 'bout me.”
Well, dat be okay. If ya wanna tell Remy den yah tell 'em. If yah don' dat be okay too.”
Ah wanna tell yah, but...” She became silent. She saw the hurt look on his face. “Yah don't even know mah name.”
Yah mean it ain't Rogue?” he said with a laugh.
She laughed too. “Do yah really think mah Mama done give me that name?” They were both laughing out loud.
You don' have t'tell me if yah no wan' to?”
But ah do. I wanna tell yah everythin', ah just...”
What is it, chere?”
It's jus' alota stuff is jus' real painful, that's all.”
It be okay. Remy understand dat. Remy jus' don' like seein' ya so sad. Remy wanna make ya happy.”
She smiled at him. “Yah really wanna make me happy?” He was intrigued. “Dance with me.”
He got up from his seat and approached her chair. He took her hand and said, “If dat what make yah happy den dat what Remy do.” He led her to the dance floor. Now she really felt like a fairy princess. He was a good dancer. Bobby always had two left feet, but with Remy she felt she was in the hands of a real pro. As he guided her across the dance floor she felt as if she were dancing on air.
Remy saw the waiter flagging them to come back to their table. Their dinner had come and that was good, because Rogue was starving. She sat back down. “Oh, mah god, this looks so good.” She dug in to her dinner like a farm animal. It made Remy laugh.
Slow down, chere, plenty more where dat come from.”
Yah saying ah'm a pig.” He looked shocked. “Ah guess ah am, but ah'm just so hungry.”
Remy hungry, too,” he said and took a bite.
She flashed him a look knowing he was being naughty. “Ah'm sure yah are.”
It wasn't long before they finished their meal that dessert came. Rogue dug into her pastry with a vengeance. Before long it was gone.
Wow!” Rogue said. “Ah guess ah am a pig.”
Non,” Remy said. “I like a girl with a healthy appetite.” He looked at her with hungry eyes. “Remy have one too.”
Ah'll bet,” she said and laughed.
They soon left the restaurant and were back in the limousine. Remy looked at Rogue staring her up and down. She was still a mystery to him. That may have been the reason she excited him so much. She noticed what he was doing.
What yah looking at, Cajun?”
“You, an' Remy like. Ya look so good in that dress.” Yah just wait,Cajun, she thought. She started giggling. “What be so funny, chere?” Remy asked.
“Tell yah latah, sugah,” she said still giggling. It wasn't too long before they got back to the hotel. They walked in hand in hand. The same desk clerk was still there. When they walked passed him. Rogue noticed him eying her. “Why's he staring at me?” she whispered to Remy. “Yah think he ain't neva seen a woman before.”
No one like you,” he teased.
Would yah stop that,” she scolded playfully.
They stopped once they reached the door to their room. Remy hesitated for moment than planted wet passionate kiss on her lips. It left her almost breathless.
Remy, stop,” she said, but not sounding very convincing.
Ya really want me ta stop?” he whispered in her ear.
Not out here, hon,” she said. “Too many people walkin' by.”
Remy fumbled for the key. Rogue planted kisses all over his face and neck. “Ah want you, Remy,” she gasped as they entered the room. “Neva wanted anyone more than I want you.”
Is dat right, honey?”
Remy and Rogue looked up to see someone else in their room. “Julien?” Remy fused.
Well, hello dare, Gambit. How's yah whore?”