X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ HANDS OF A STRANGER ❯ ROAD TRIP: PART THREE ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
ROAD TRIP: PART THREE
 
Discloser: I own nothing. Those characters belongs to Marvel. I just writing for fun.
 
"How you find us?" Remy fumed. He stood in front of Rogue in hopes of protecting her. "Why ya come here?"
Ah come for her. I be enjoyin' killin' her, soons I have mah fun wid her. Ya know 'bout that, don' ya, Gambit? Tell me, how good is she?
Remy lunged at him. Shut your filthy mouth, he yelled, slamming him to the floor. He was ready to pull out a card when Julien rose to his feet and slammed him into the door. Rogue screamed and picked up a lamp sitting atop the dresser and smashed it over Julien's head.
Julien was down, unconscious on the floor. Remy jumped over Julien's body and over to Rogue. She was shaking uncontrollably. He put his arms around her until she calmed down a little.
"Ya alright, chere?
"Yea, but he's not, she said pointing to Julien. She managed to let out a laugh through her all her shaking. She felt she couldn't stand any longer and and sat down on the bed. Would he have really killed us? Remy nodded. Ah thought so.
"Remind me neva t'get on your bad side, he said which made her laugh.
"Is he dead? She started shaking again. Oh, god, ah did killed 'im, did ah?
Remy checked his pulse. Non, he jus' out cold.
"Yah mean ah didn't kill 'im?
"Non, he hurt for awhile, but he be alright. Mebbe we hurry and change, den get de hell outta here. Don' know who else could be lookin' for us.
"Okay, Rogue said. She was still shaking, but she wanted to be as far away from Julien as possible. She didn't want to think about what he would have done to her if she hadn't gotten the jump on him first. It took all of five minutes to change her clothes. She walked out of the bathroom never once taking her eyes off Julien. You sure he ain't dead.
"Non, he alive. Ain't gonna be in a very good mood when he do wake up. We not be here when dat happens.
Remy took Rogue's hand and led her out of the room. He took her to the back exit where they grabbed his bike and road off.
Once they were on the road, Rogue said, Didn't we forget to pay the bill.
"Non, it be Julien's treat, he said.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Back at the hotel, Julien awoke with a terrible headache and a woman standing over him. She had long blond hair and sour look on her face.
Get up! she yelled.
"Agh, shit, Bell, what the hell hit me?
"Neva you mind. Now where's Remy? Julien rose to his feet only to be struck by a bout of dizziness.
"Ohh. Ah don' know. That bitch musta blindsided me.
"Yah mean a little girl whooped your ass?
"Non, mah head. Still wallowing in pain, Julien stumbled back onto the floor.
"You're pathetic, Bell said stepping over him. Can't even handle a little girl. Don' worry, Julien. Ah take care a'her mahself. Bell forced Julien to his feet. Let's go. Can't let Remy and his whore get too far.
Bell left the hotel room in a huff, Julien following suite. In the front lobby of the hotel the pair was stopped. Hotel security barred their way from leaving.
"Excuse me, Bell said. You be in mah way.
"Sorry, ma'am but I can't let yah leave. Bell looked confused. Not until the bill is paid.
"What? I not be stayin' here. Jus' came t'visit friends, but dey not be here.
"No, ma'am. Bill must be paid before ah can let yah leave.
The security guard led her by the arm to the front desk where she was shown the registry book. There she found her name and Julien's.
"That son of a bitch, she shouted for everyone in the lobby to hear. Wait 'til ah be gettin' mah hands on him.
Well, she had no choice. It was either pay the bill or go to jail. If the later happened she would never find him. She passed her credit card and ID to the clerk, reluctantly. The clerk handed it back and had her sign the charge slip.
"Can ah go now? she asked the guard. He nodded, and she left in a huff. As she going out the door she shouted, Julien!
"Ahma comin', Bell, he said, trailing behind her.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Seems like we been driving for days, Rogue said as she jumped off the bike. They had entered another gas station. She knew that they were somewhere in Kentucky but didn't know where.
"Hey, Remy said, Ya getting' tired a dis here trip.
"Oh, no, just that, what happened in Memphis...
"Ya mean wit Julien?
"No, ah mean before that...ya know, with you and me. It scared me a little. Ah mean, ah really like you and all but...
"But what?
"Ah don' know. Maybe we could go someplace quiet t'talk. There's some things I wanna tell yah.
"Okay, he said. I find someplace nice where we can be alone. Mebbe we go on a picnic, jus' you an me.
"Sounds nice, jus' hope we don't have some unexpected visitors.
They both laughed at that. Rogue noticed the gas station had a little convenient store inside. She decided to do a little shopping while Remy gassed up the bike. There she bought some bread, cold cuts and cheese, some ready-made potato salad and few pieces of fruit. She also bought a small jar of mayo and mustard. She didn't know which one Remy would prefer. She liked either so she decided to get them both. She also picked up some napkins, paper plates and some plastic cutlery. There was a fresh apple pie sitting in the window with the rest of the baked goods.
"Would yah like somethin', honey? the woman behind the counter said.
"That apple pie looks good, Rogue said.
"Oh, yes, just baked it this morning.Rogue couldn't resist the fresh aroma.
Since it was summertime there were several large picnic baskets for sale and a large beach blanket. That would be perfect for their picnic. She also grabbed some sodas out of the cooler. She quickly paid for her purchases and left the store to find Remy waiting.
"What be in the basket, chere? he asked.
"Neva mind. Yah'll find out soon enough." Now she was being mysterious just as he was on their date the other night. She thought, Ah hope this don't end up like last time. But then her worries ceased when she saw the look in his eyes. So where we gonna go for our picnic?
"Ya'll see," he said that devilish look coming back. She saw that sly smirk on his face. He was definitely up to something.
Well, I guess ah'll have t'be surprised.
"'Fraid Remy disappoint ya.
"Yah haven't so far, she said reaching up to kiss him. So, let's get goin'. Ah'm starved.
"Me too, he said, putting his hand on her ass. She tried to look shocked, but he knew she wasn't. Soon they were off again.
Remy road down a trail leading to a stretch of woods. Rogue could smell the hint of fresh pine in the air. It was delicious. She missed being out in the country with the open air and endless meadows. Living in the city so long made her forget the simple pleasures of the country. She would always be grateful to Remy for reminding her.
Finally they stopped. Rogue looked around. She saw a small glassy plan near the wooded area next to a small lake. The sun had not yet set and the sky was so blue with not even a hint of a cloud.
"Wow! was all she could say.
"Ya like, chere? Remy asked.
"A'course ah do. It's so beautiful here, she said with a smile. So, yah hungry? Se knelt down on the grass preparing to go through the basket getting ready for their impromptu picnic.
"Yea, what yah be getting? he asked, trying to peek in the basket. She smacked his hand. Be patient there, Cajun. Ah swear, yohr like a five year child on Christmas morning.
"You're right, an' I can' wait t'open mah present. She giggled at his comment knowing very well what he meant.
She opened the picnic basket and spread out the beach blanket. It was a plain blue and red checkerboard mix. She handed Remy some sodas and said, Are yah thirsty? He took the sofas and continued to watch her work. What kind of sandwich would you like? she asked.
"Surprise me, he said and sat down on the grass continuing to watch her. She made several sandwiches and put them on the paper plates and brought out the ready-made potato salad.
"Well, if yah wasn't hungry before yah must be by now, sugah? He picked up the sandwich and brought it to his mouth. Now it was Rogue watching him. He took a bite and swallowed. Is it good?
"Delicious, chere? I t'ought you say you can' cook?
"That ain't cookin'. That's just makin' a sandwich. There's a difference." She continued to make more until all the bread was gone. Remy ate like a pig, but it made her happy seeing that he liked what she prepared.
After swallowing the rest of his sofa, he said, Dat was good, chere.
"Ah'm glad yah liked it. Yah still hungry. Ah got some apple pie. His eyes grew big. What's a picnic without pie? she said shyly.
"Or a beautiful woman t'sure it wit, he said, brushing his hand up against her face. The gesture made her blush.
It wasn't easy but she managed to cut the pie with a plastic fife she had bought at the convenient store and also managed to get it on the plate without totally destroying it.
"Sorry, ah couldn't get any whipped cream. Ah guess they don't sell that.
"Thats alright, chere, he said, taking a bite. It be good just like this.
She smiled and cut a piece for herself. Remy had soon finished, and it was him this time watching her. She finished the pie within minutes and managed to gather the trash in a plastic bag.
"Well, this was a nice picnic, wasn't it? she said. Her voice held a nervous tone. She looked down at the ground and away from Remy.
"Hey, chere, somethin' wrong?
"No, ah... she got quiet all the sudden.
"You can tell me, he said, sliding closer to her. Her body teased up. She hadn't acted this way since the night they met. Hey, you no afraid a Remy no more, right?
"No, ah just... She looked upon his face. She removed his glasses so she could look into his eyes. Ah like you a lot, Remy. Ah really do. In fact, ah never felt like this with anyone. It's just that...
"What? he said. You can tell me.
"Ah wanna tell yah, she said slowly. Ah wanna tell yah who ah am.
"Remy listening, he said taking her hand.
"Did yah wonder why it didn't bother me that you're a mutant. Well, it's because ah'm one, too. Well, at least ah was.
"What do you mean, was? he asked, intrigued.
"A couple months ago ah got the cure. It took away mah powers.
"Dey do dat to ya? He look of anger came to his face.
"No, no, ah wanted it. You see, before ah got the cure ah couldn't touch anyone... well, not without hurtin' 'em anyway. Ah did it cause ah thought ah's in love, but Bobby...that's was mah boyfriend, ah caught him kissing another girl. That's why I left." A tear fell for her eye. She voice taking on a quieter tone. "He hurt me real bad," she continued. "Touchin' still scared me after that. That's why ah's so afraid of it. Ah just didn't wanna get hurt again."
He stupid, chere, anybody do that t'yah gotta be.
"But ah'm still scared... but not about touchin', but feelin'.
"What do ya feel..., 'bout 'im.
"Ah don't know. He called me on the phone beggin' for another chance, but ah don't...I can't.
Tears welled up in her eyes. Would ya like Remy t'hold ya? She drew closer to him putting her arms around him. The tears continued to flow and all her emotions sprang loose. It took her awhile to calm down. The whole time he held her. Ya alright now, chere?
"Yea, ah think so, she said. Yah don't think it's wrong what ah did, do yah? Getting' rid a mah powers an' all.
"Non, but was it what you wanted?
"Ah don't know. After what happened with Bobby ah regretted it, but when ah met yah ah was happy ah did it. Ah don't even think a him much anymore, not the way ah think 'bout you. Ain't no one ever treated me the way you do. An' yah make me feel things ah never thought ah could. It scares me sometimes.
"Don't have t'be scared, chere. Remy never feel dis way before either. Remy a selfish bastard. No care 'bout no one but himself. Den he met you. Don' no why you be wid him.
"You're not selfish..., she said taking his hand. Not to me. When yah took me out that night, yah made me feel like queen. And when Julien tried t'hurt me, you protected me. So, yah see, yah ain't selfish.
She leaned up and kissed him. That moment when they're lips touched he didn't want to let her go. His lips traveled down to her neck then to the top of her cleavage. She moaned in his ear.
"Don't stop. But suddenly he did which confused her. What's wrong?
"Not here, he said.
"Why not? she said, tears filling her eyes. Ah want to. Don't you?
"Yea, but not like dis. We go some place nice, but not out in de woods.
"Well, isn't that sweet, they heard a woman's voice not too far away. Too bad ya didn't do the same for me.
"Bell, Remy said, getting up. How you be findin' me?
"Neva you mind. Just stand aside so's ah can kill your whore.
"Leave her be, Bell, an she ain't no whore.
"Neither was I... until you. You gonna pay for hurtin' me, an if ah gotta kill that slut t'do it, then fine.
"Ya not gonna touch her, Bell. She ain't got not'ing ta do wit dis, he shouted.
Suddenly Julien came out of nowhere and grabbed Rogue. She screamed and bit his arm. Get away from me, yah jerk! Rogue shouted. Rogue tried to run but Julien tackled her, pinning her to the ground. Get off of me.
Julien didn't realize it but Remy was right behind him. He kicked him in the side. Doubled over in pain he slid off of Rogue. She was shaking at this point when Julien got up and lounged at Remy.
"Ah'll kill ya, Cajun, and have her t'boot.
Remy continued to fight with Julien when Bell grabbed Rogue. Bell swung her forward slamming her into a tree. Rogue was in pain, but she wasn't about to let Bell get the best of her. Rogue retaliated forcing Bell to the ground. She slammed the woman's head to the ground until blood trickled out. When Rogue realized what she had done she backed away.
"Oh, my god, ah killed her. She looked around to see Remy still fighting with Julien. She called out to him. Remy! Rogue was hurt, but not bad. She made her way towards Remy. By the time she reached him Julien lay still on the ground. Rogue stumbled, her vision blurred.
"Chere, he said, catching her before she could fall. Come on. We best get outta here.
"Remy, ah think ah killed her.
Remy looked over at Bell. Non. She movin'. She be okay.
Rogue continued to stumble. It was getting more difficult to walk. Remy scooped her up in his arms and carried her. By the time he got back to his bike Rogue was feeling a little better. She was standing next to him now but leaning against him for support.
"What we gonna do? she asked. She moved a few inches and leaned on a tree after feeling dizzy again.
"Chere, ya better sit down, he said, helping her to the ground. First thing we gotta do is waste dis here bike. Den we take dere car. See how good de follow us after dat.
"Yah mean, steal their car? Ah sure hope yah know how tah hot wire, cause ah don't.
"Don' have ta, got de keys from Julien. He dangled them up in the air. Rogue smiled at that. Remy helped Rogue to her feet again and took her several feet away. Now stand back, chere. She stood behind a tree hoping to shield herself from the blast.
Remy stood a few feet away from the bike and took out a playing card. He made a direct hit to the bike, and it exploded. Rogue covered her face until all was quiet. She finally emerged from behind the tree to see the bike ablaze. Remy grabbed their bags and helped Rogue walk the few feet to the car. He unlocked the passenger side first and helped her in, she was still a little unsteady and shaking a bit, but she had enough strength to reach over and open the driver's side door. Remy waited until the blaze died down, which it did in a matter of minutes. They took off soon after leaving the horrible scene behind.
Rogue stayed silent for awhile. Her shaking subsided but she still felt the shock from what had just happened. There they were traveling in a car that belonged to the people who just tried to kill them.
"Where will go now? Rogue asked, her voice was quite.
"Don't know, chere. Wherever Bell and Julien ain't, he said. She started to return to her old self, even though she was still shaking a little. Remy been meanin' t'ask ya somethin'.
"What? She look intrigued.
"Where ya learn t'fight like that?
"A friend taught me.
"That old boyfriend a yours?
"No, just a friend. Maybe you'll get t'meet 'im some day. She smiled at him. She was no longer shaking, actually she was quite calm. She leaned up against his shoulder as he drove on. Before long she was asleep.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Bell awoke with a pounding headache. She sat up to find the whole forest spinning around. Julien lay further away, still unconscious. Anger boiled inside her. Remy, she thought. He did this. After awhile she felt she could rise to her feet without falling down.
That bitch is gonna pay, she mumbled to herself. Julien! She shouted. Get your worthless ass off the ground.
He was starting to stir. Damn, wha' happened?
"Remy kicked your ass, that's what happened, Bell shouted, standing over him. Ah swear, ya can't do not'ing right. Well, Julien, ya fail me for de last time.
Julien sat up half way, stunned by her words. What ya mean by that, Bell?
"This,she said. She pulled out a gun from her purse and pointed it at him. Too bad ah didn't used this on that whore.
"Bell, no, Julien screamed with his hands in front of him, but before he could protest any further the gun went off.
"Sorry it had to be this way, brother, she said quietly. She walked off without a second thought. Her brother was dead, and she had killed him. She couldn't think about that now. She had other things on her mind.
She walked half way up the trail where she had parked her car. When she got there she found that it was gone. Again she thought, Remy...damn him. Then she noticed the charred motorcycle a few feet from where she had parked. He had truly left her stranded.
She was going to get him back for this. Can't hide from me, Remy. Ya know ah always find ya. With that she hiked up to the highway. I guess ah'll have t'hitch. She put out her thumb and and waited for the longest time. Three or four cars passed, but they refused to stop. Just when she was about to give up, someone did stop.
Hey, Miss, need a ride, a young blond woman stuck her head out from the driver's side window.
"Sure, Bell said. And swung to the passenger's side and entered the car.
Once in the car they took off. My name's Carol, by the way, the driver said.
"Bell, she said and held out a hand. How far ya be goin'?
"Oh, I'm on my way to Connecticut, to visit my parents. I haven't been home since Christmas, and I really miss them. What about you?
"I'm not sure where I be headed. Someone stole my car. An when I find that lowlife...
"So you know who took it?
"Yea, my ex. He beat up my brother and his new girlfriend gave me this gash. Then they stole my car.
"Did you report it?Carol asked.
"No need. I'll get him. Make him regret de day he was born.
"Wish I could help you, Carol said, trying desperately to keep her eyes on the road.
"Maybe you can, Bell said. A plan was forming in her head. There was something different about this girl. She didn't know what it was, but she could sense it.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
"Oh, god, Remy you're so good. Yes, yes, yes! Rogue yelled in climax.
Suddenly Remy's body started to fade away into dust.
"Nooo! she screamed.
"Rogue, wake up!" She heard a voice say. Rogue opened her eyes to see Remy hovering over her. "Ya had a nightmare,"
She noticed his hand was touching hers. No! she shouted an bolted out of the car and away from him. She walked several feet only to have Remy follow her. He put his hand on her shoulders. No! she screamed, prying herself away from him. Yah can't touch me. It's too dangerous. Ah'm too dangerous. She fell to the ground sobbing.
"Chere, it be jus' a nigtmare. It not be real. He touched her face. Nothing happened. She hadn't absorbed him. She powers were gone. The cure took care of that. Right?
"It was so real, she cried. Ah's so afraid that...
"Ain't no reason t'be afraid, he said. He held her tight never wanting to let her go. Remy neva let not'ing happen to ya.
This time she let him hold her. She felt so safe in his arms. She wanted to stay there forever, but those fears were still there. What if her powers did come back? She put that thought to the back of her mind. All that mattered was right here and right now.
Once back in the car, Rogue asked, Where should we go now?
"Don' know, but if I be knowin' Bell and Julien. They catch up to us sooner or later.
"Ah prefer it to be never.Rogue cracked a smile while looking at the signs on the highway. Hey, look, we're in Virginia now. Haven't been there since ah was a kid.
"Don't believe Remy eva been dere.
"Don't worry, sugah, a'll show yah the sights.
She leaned up against him seeing that devilish look in his eyes. It made her laugh. She was content once again.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey, Carol, Bell said, where are we?
"Just entering Virginia. It's so beautiful.
"Yea, ah guess, Bell said, not really interested in the sights. Got a strong feeling they're here.
"Really? How go you know?
"Jus' know is all. I kin track dat no account swamp rat t' de end a de earth in back. He know ah always find 'im.
"Are you sure this is just about a car?
Bell said nothing. She didn't want this girl knowing too much about her plans. Suddenly the car stopped. Oh, no, Carol said.
"What happened? Bell asked.
Carol got out to see what the problem was. We got a flat tire. Must of hit a nail or something.
"Ohh, great, Bell grumbled.
"Don't worry. I've got a spare. Carol opened the trunk of her car and dragged out the spare tire. Oh, no.
"What now? Bell said.
"I don't have my jack.
"Then how we gonna change it.
"There's a way, but promise you won't freak out." Bell nodded. "You see I'm not exactly what you would call normal. Bell was confused. Carol decided just to show her. She lifted the car with ease.
Bell's mouth dropped open. You're a mutant, aren't yah?
"Yea, she said, setting the car down. I never told anyone before. Are you freaked?
"No, she said. My ex is one, a bad one. You could help me?
"I'd be glad to, if he's as bad as you say.
"He is. He's a known t'ief where we come from, but can't nobody get 'im. He's dat good... but you could. Wit that power a yours it shouldn't be a problem.
"But how do we find him?
"Leave dat t'me. He ain't too far ahead a us. Come on, lets change tis here tire.
Carol rolled the car into the trees where it would be out of sight of anybody driving by. Carol gave Bell instructions of what to do, since Bell had never changed a tire before. It took a good half hour but they finally got the tire changed.
"There, Carol said. That was easy.
"Speak for yourself. We better get goin'
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*
As Rogue and Remy entered their hotel room, she seemed more quiet than usual. He noticed this right off. "Yah alright, chere?" he asked.
Yea, ah'm just tired, she said. It wasn't a total lie. She was tired, but it was mostly from the anxiety of the situation.
"Ya stay here and rest. Remy go get ya some food. Ya be hungry when ya wake up.
"Alright, but don't be too long.
"Ya'll hardly know I be gone.
He kissed her on the forward as she lay down beneath the covers. Before he even left she was fast asleep. Remy walked out of the room and down the hall. He made his way to the lobby. This hotel didn't have much when it came to room service, so he asked the front desk where there were any good restaurants.
At that moment Bell and Carol walked in. Bell wasn't surprised to see him there. If he hadn't been so stupid as to park the car out in front of the hotel she might have missed him completely. Then she wondered. Did he want her to find him. It must be. He wanted her back. Well, there was only one obstacle. That bitch he'd been gallivanting around with. She would find her. She waited for Remy to leave. Then she approached the front desk.
"Excuse me, miss, she said in her sweetest voice. That man who jus' left. Can ya tell me what room he be stayin' in?
"No, ma'am, ah can't do that. It's against the rules. Besides, him an' his wife are newlyweds. We need their privacy if yah know what ah mean.
"Oh, I know. I be an old friend of de family. I no make it to de weddin'. Jus' wanna give dem congratulations is all.
"Well, ah guess that would be alright. Honeymoon suite, second floor, room 209, but remember, the clerk whispered. This is our little secret.
Bell nodded, and flagged Carol who was sitting in the lobby. Let's go, she said as Carol approached.
"What are we gonna do? Carol whispered as they approached the elevator.
"Oh, nothing, jus' plannin' a little surprise. Bell laughed which made Carol a little uneasy, but she followed Bell anyway. The two women stepped out of the elevator upon reaching the second floor.
"Where are we going? Carol asked.
"This way, Bell said. Their room's down here.
Bell looked closely at all the room numbers. 207, 208, ahh, there it was. 209. Bell stood back from the door. Hey, Carol, can you get that door opened.
"Yes, but, I don't think...
"Just do it, she commanded.
Carol took hold of the door reluctantly, but made short work of the lock. From inside Rogue was jostled awake by the noise outside. She shot up into a sitting position only to see Bell enter the room.
"Hello Rogue, nice t'see ya again.