X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Interference ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 9: Interference
I was waiting for you to tell me you were readyI know what to do, if only you would let meAs long as you're cool with it, I'll treat you rightHere is where you wanna be “
-Me and You, Cassie
---
“Now, Now, Bobb-o! No need to be pointing sharp thingies in faces ok?” Jubilee said as she quickly snatched the shard from him. It was quickly replaced by a slightly bigger and sharper ice shard. He smirked as she gave him a death look. “Ok, so maybe we didn’t tell you the complete truth...and maybe just maybe we got Roguey here to con you with her act of innocence. But is the threatening really necessary? I mean...can’t we settle this like civilized people?”
“If you keep calling me names like ‘Bobb-o’ and ‘Popsicle’ then no.” Bobby replied.
“Look. Ah don’t wanna have ta hurt ya, hon...but ah will if ya keep asking questions ya ain’t suppose ta.”
“So you’re gonna kill me like she said?” Bobby asked incredulously, “I knew it! I knew there was something off about you! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” He hit himself in the forehead as Jubilee snickered. “Why do I always fall for the bad girls? First Emma...now this? Damn, Bobby, your choice in girls are horrible.”
“Sure is.” Jubilee agreed wholeheartedly.
“Hey!” Rogue yelled. She did not like being talked about; especially infront of her face.
“I wouldn’t talk if I were you.” Bobby said as he looked at Jubilee who was trying to control her laughter, “I was checking you out too.”
Jubilee stopped laughing, wiping the tears from her eyes, “That just proves you have the worst judgement in women, Popsicle. I am, for a fact, untrustworthy.”
“Really?”
“Really.” Jubilee nodded before releasing bright paffs into his eyes, “Rogue!” Jubilee quickly ducked as Rogue punched him, sending him flying back into a tree. “That’s what I call teamwork, chica!” She grinned as she turned around to wink at Rogue.
“Teamwork or not...Ah have ah feeling this could’ve been all avoided if we would’ve just asked Bobby politely ta show us around the mansion.” Rogue replied; glaring at Bobby’s unconscious body.
“Right...and what were we gonna tell old Frost when she saw us examining every inch of her security system?” Jubilee retorted. She got up to stretch happily as Rogue’s face remained stern. Jubilee rolled her eyes knowing something big was on her female partner’s mind. Though they barely knew eachother; Jubilee felt she knew Rogue pretty well. She worried way too much. “A sapphire for your thoughts?” She asked as Rogue snapped out of her thoughts to see Jubilee staring back at her with wide eyes.
“Nothing. Let’s go back ta the car...Ah’ll carry Bobby.”
Not wanting to pry into her head just yet; Jubilee reluctantly agreed. “Aye, aye, Superwoman!”
---
“Was dat jest a helicopter?” Remy asked as he stared curiously at the object hovering away in the sky.
“What gave you the first clue, genius? Was it the big propellers turning?” Logan replied in his sarcastic tone.
“It was a rhetorical question, ami.”
“I ain’t yer damn ‘ami’, Cajun!” Logan growled.
Remy leaned back in the passenger’s seat cooly as he placed his feet on the dashboard. “Remy loves pissing ya off, Canuck. What’s funny is it’s so damn easy!”
SNIKT!
“Oh yeah?” Logan asked as he shoved the tips of his claws dangerously close to Remy’s face. Remy’s eyes widened as he backed away alittle. “Wanna know what else is so damn easy? Me guttin’ ya! I’m sure Jubilee won’t miss ya.”
Remy smirked as he reached in his trench coat for his pack of cigarettes. “De petite will be devastated! Not ta mention the majority of de female population.” He placed a cigarette in his mouth a lit it.
Logan snarled, “Yer too damn cocky and confident for yer own good, Frenchie. One of these days someone is gonna punch that annoying smirk off yer face!”
“Dis comin’ from a guy who t’inks he’s the best at what he does.” Remy replied; giving Logan another knowing smirk.
Logan quirked an eyebrow, “Who told ya I say that?”
“Sage.” Remy replied. “She said dat dat’s practically your catchphrase.”
“Remind me to castrate her later.”
“D’accord.”
“Can’t you guys ever play nice?” Jubilee asked as she appeared by Remy’s window. “We leave you two alone for like two minutes and your already at eachothers throats!”
Logan retracted his claws. “Where’s Marie?”
“Oh...we kinda ran into a little problem so she’s carrying Popsicle’s unconscious body over here.” Jubilee replied.
“Ya couldn’t help her?” Logan growled before getting out the car to help Rogue carry Bobby’s body to the car.
Jubilee shrugged, “I saw the woman kick a freaking vault door down...I figured she could handle it herself.”
“Who’s dis ‘Popsicle’, ma petite?” Remy asked curiously as he exhaled the smoke from his cigarette.
“Huh?”
“Popsicle. You sed she was carrying Popsicle. Who’s Popsicle?”
“Oh!” Jubilee smirked, “You’ll never believe this, babe, but Frost’s little boy toy is a mutant too.”
“Really?” Remy asked incredulously, “Dat’s interestin’.”
“Uh huh!” Jubilee nodded vigorously, “And you’ll never guess who me and Rogue saw...” She quickly became silent as she saw Logan and Rogue coming closer to the car; Logan carrying Bobby.
“What we gonna do wit de homme?” Remy asked.
Rogue opened the back door of the car as Logan tossed the body in the back seat.
“Kill him I guess.” Logan replied.
Rogue gasped as she lightly hit Logan on his shoulder. “Ah may not be against killing people for our benefit...but he’s just an innocent bystander who got caught up in our plan to rob Emma Frost! We can’t kill him!”
“Why not? The little fucker will ruin it for us. Not to mention he’ll tell his little mistress about our plan!”
“I have to agree with Roguey.” Jubilee said, “Bobby was just at the right place at the wrong time...I’d hate to waste such a nice person.”
Remy and Logan shared looks before staring at Rogue and Jubilee with disinterest.
“Remy says we kill him.” Remy replied before taking another puff from his cigarette.
“And Jubilee says we keep him alive!” Jubilee retorted before snatching the cigarette from Remy’s mouth, “And smoking kills!”
“So does tauntin’ de Wolverine...but Remy still does it.”
“Yeah but that’s different...it’s funny to piss him off. And it’s so easy!” Jubilee smiled as Logan snarled at her.
“Ok, all in favor of keeping Bobby alive raise ya’ll hands.” Rogue said as both her and Jubilee raised their hands. She rolled her eyes, “All in favor of being a jealous boyfriend who wants ta kill Bobby just because they believe their girlfriends have ah thing for him; raise ya hands.”
Remy and Logan raised their hands without hesitation.
“It’s settled then! Bobb-o stays alive!” Jubilee cheered.
“How is that fair?” Logan asked, “It was a fucking tie!”
“It won’t be a tie when late at night you’re feeling hot and horny and Rogue doesn’t give it up to you.” Jubilee answered; glaring at Remy, “That goes for you too, Gumbo.”
“Merde.” Remy cursed. “Women are cruel creatures.”
“Got that right, sugah! And we ain’t changing for the world!” Rogue replied, “Now let’s get back to Tessa and them before they worry.”
---
Kitty glanced out the cabin window once more before making a small noise that sounded like a whimper.
“Katherine, I am sure they are perfectly fine.” Sage said as she watched Kitty stare out the window like a little kid waiting for her mommy to come home.
“Don’t call me Katherine.” Kitty muttered, “And how can you be so sure? Why aren’t you two worrying about Logan and Rogue?”
“Because we know they can take care of themselves.” Piotr replied, “They are grown-ups just like Remy and Jubilee.”
“Yes, and what’s the worst that can happen?” Sage asked.
“They can get caught and be brutally murdered by that bitch Emma!” Kitty replied before standing on her tiptoes to get a better view, “They’re here! They’re here! And...OH MY! Logan’s carrying someone on his shoulders! Someone was hurt!” Without a second thought; Kitty phased through the wall and ran towards Logan to see who he was carrying.
“Kitty!” Piotr yelled, but he was too late. He glanced at Sage before rising from his seat.
“I sense a new mutant.” Sage said, “Male...he has the power of ice.”
“An ice mutant?” Piotr asked curiously.
“He calls himself Iceman. His real name is Robert though...but he prefers you call him Bobby.” Jubilee said as they entered the cabin. Kitty hovered over them like a worried mother.
“Is he a friend of yours?” Sage asked as she got up from her spot to make her way to the unconscious boy.
“Just met him today.” Jubilee answered. “We were gonna us him to get into Frost’s place but...our plan didn’t go so well.”
“Not ta mention Emma was home...with...visitors.” Rogue added. She had a distant look in her eyes. Logan was the first to notice it.
“Ya mean the helicopter?” He asked.
Jubilee nodded as Rogue remained frozen in her own little world.
“Marie? You ok?” Logan asked with concern. He placed both hands on her shoulders and stared into her eyes. “What’s wrong?”
Jubilee opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it. She felt it wasn’t her place to tell him. It was between Rogue and Logan...even though their problems will now become Remy’s and Jubilee’s since they were in this together.
“Is he gonna be ok?” Kitty asked while looking at Bobby. “What happened to his face?” She lightly touched the huge bruise that formed on his face.
“That would be Rogue’s doing.” Jubilee replied.
“Of course.” Sage smirked, “What are we doing with him?”
“Since we can’t kill de homme...tie him up.” Remy said before grabbing Jubilee by her arm. He brought her to the other side of the cabin; away from the others. “What’s up wit de fille? She looks like she saw a ghost.”
Jubilee sighed; glancing over at Rogue who still hasn’t recovered. “It’s between her and Logan ok, Rem? I really don’t wanna bring it up right now...she’s in shock already.”
“Look, p’tite, Remy knows you got dis new friendship bond wit de girl but you have to remember her problems are now ours. What happened?”
“She...she saw her ex-fiancee guy. That creeped her out real good.” Jubilee explained, “To make matters worse it seems he’s working with Emma on something.”
“Merde.” Remy pinched the bridge of his nose in thought. “Did he spot you guys?”
“No...but still...”
“Bien...as long as you two weren’t spotted.”
“But what if Erik and Emma are planning something? Can we really just leave America knowing something bad can be happening. I mean...mutants are already in danger because our stupid actions...what if humans are too?”
“No one is in danger, chere. Remy promises.” Remy replied as Jubilee continued to give him a wary look.
“You’re just saying that. Ask Kitty, she’s really worried about our whole situation.”
“Dat’s because she’s Kitty. She worries about everything.” Remy sighed; knowing everything he said was not convincing to Jubilee. And deep down he knew she was right. “Look, once we’re safe den we’ll see what Emma’s up to, d’accord?”
“Fine.” Jubilee rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”
“Good.” Remy smirked. He leaned down and placed a kiss on Jubilee’s lips.
“Hey, lovebirds!” Piotr said; interrupting them, “Logan says to get ready again. Rogue wants to visit her brother.”
“Roguey has a brother?” Jubilee asked.
“Da...he’s more of a stepbrother though. His name’s Kurt but he’s also known as the Nightcrawler.”
“And why’s dat?” Remy asked.
Piotr smirked, “You’ll see, comrade.”
---
“She hasn’t changed one bit...not even her scent.” Erik said as he stared out the window at the water below them, “Though she does have that stench of Wolverine on her...it disgusts me.”
“What do you think she was doing there?” Mystique asked. “Last I checked she didn’t even know Emma Frost or Robert Drake.”
“She’s probably going to do what she does best...plus Wolverine was around there too.” Sabretooth growled, “I smelled him too.”
“That’s not Rogue’s style. She doesn’t just go to the home and robs it...her and Logan like to keep low profiles. Breaking and entering isn’t their thing.” Mystique replied.
“Was it just me who noticed the little hot Asian she was with?” Toad asked.
“Be quiet, Toad, no one was...wait...did you say ‘Asian’? A female?” Wanda asked.
“Yeah...why would a call an Asian guy hot, Wanda?” Toad asked. “By the way, I love it when you tell me to ‘shut up’. Do it again, love!”
“Quiet, Toad!” Wanda snarled, “Father, have you read the paper recently?”
Erik thought a moment, “No...I’m afraid I’ve been too busy.”
“Well it seems Rogue and Wolverine have new ‘friends’. They’re Jubilation Lee and...get this...Mr. Remy Lebeau himself.”
Everyone went silent.
“Remy Lebeau? The one from New Orleans?” Erik finally asked.
“Uh huh. The assassinator that was banded from his own home after the troubles at his own wedding.” Wanda replied.
“And how do you know this, sister?” Pietro asked curiously.
“Because I’m good friends with a friend of theirs...a Miss Katherine Pryde. We go way back.” Wanda answered.
“What we gonna do, Erik? It seems our own little Rogue has an army of her own now.” Mystique said.
“Let’s make our way to New Orleans then. I would like to talk to a Mrs. Belladonna Lebeau.” Erik smirked.
---
A/N: Next chapter introduces everyone's favorite mutant Kurt Wagner a.k.a Nightcrawler! (I mean who DOESN'T love him??? his powers are so cool! and he's such a sweetheart!) Plus Bobby wakes up and spends quality time with Sage. Kitty and Piotr go to see Scott and Ororo once more becuz Kitty's feeling more nervous then ever. And ehat does Magneto want with Belladonna and the Guild? Rogue and Wolverine arent the only ones in trouble