X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ They Call Me Iceman ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This chapter is dedicated to my 12 year old cousin Popas, he’s a huge Iceman fan and has been waiting (patiently may I add) for Bobby to show up in the fic! Well here he is u big-headed freak...luv ya!
Chapter 8: They Call Me Iceman
“Yeah yeah, they know me 'round here, they call me Iceman I ain't your friend boy, I'll fuck your wife man Look at my left, now look at my right hand Every time I move it looks like a strike of lightning “
-Iceman, Lloyd Banks (couldn’t help it lol)
---
Bobby hated these “meetings”. They were pointless. All these things were about was a bunch of old people talking about how rich they were and what they could do to make themselves richer. Maybe that was why Emma always sent him. While she was home doing god-knows-what he was stuck with people old enough to be his grandparents.
“Robert?” Bobby turned around to find the beautiful Betsy Braddock smiling at him, another woman standing next to her. She was smiling too, it was a sweet smile but Bobby was beginning to feel uneasy by it. She had a look of innocence, her face young and pure. But there was something about her emerald green eyes that gave off a hint of mischief. He admired the white streak in her hair, wondering why she chose that style.
“This is Marie.” Betsy smirked, seeing Bobby’s ice blue eyes on Rogue, “She’s...a friend of mine.”
Bobby’s eyes widened in shock, “You have young friends other then Emma?” He asked in total seriousness.
“If you call that wench a friend.” Betsy muttered darkly, “I mean...of course. Marie and I go way back. She’s new in town and I promised to show her around town but I forgot all about Warren’s meeting...I have to be here for him you know.” She peered at Bobby, hoping he got the point.
“What?” He asked, shaking his head in fear, “No way!” He looked over at Rogue, “No offense, Marie, but my fiancee will kill me if I left...especially with another girl.”
Rogue nodded, “Ah understand. Ya’re the whipped type, huh?” She asked, smirking as he gave her an offended look.
“Am not! It’s just...Emma needs me here for her...”
“It’ll be fine, Robert. You aren’t missing anything. You and I both know how much you want to leave. Bloody hell! I want to too!” Betsy exclaimed, glaring at the others in the room, “But this is important to Warren and,” She held up her left hand to show off her engagement ring, “we are engaged. It’s just a little tour around New York, Robert. Please? For me?”
Oh no! Bobby sighed as Betsy batted her eyelashes, her purple eyes shining like one of those girls from a anime cartoon. Rogue was pouting too, her green eyes filled with hope. Emma’s gonna kill me...
“Fine.” He sighed, giving in to the two, “I’ll be glad to show you around, Marie.”
“Thanks, Robert.” Rogue grinned gratefully before turning to the hall room, “Ah’ll just get mah coat and meet ya in the front, ‘kay hon?”
“Sure.” Bobby replied as Rogue made her way to the entrance. He was really a sucker for girls. Or maybe he was just a sucker for the innocent girl-next-door type which Marie seemed to look like. She seemed sweet, but something still seemed off about her.
---
“Congrats, chica! You just pulled your first real con!” Jubilee smiled as Rogue made her way back to them.
“Yeah, go me.” She replied sarcastically, “Ah don’t see how ya can do that. Pretend to be something ya ain’t.” She looked down at her brown sweater and jeans that Kitty let her borrow, grimacing in distaste, “Ah hate this. Why can’t ya do this again?”
Jubilee sighed, “Because Roguey! I already told you half those men in there Remy and I already conned! It’s not hard to forget a blue eyed Asian, especially one as hot as me!”
“An’ Jubilee seems to be enjoying dis mission too much.” Remy replied wryly, “She won’t shuddup about how ‘pretty’ dat boy’s eyes are.”
“I’m a sucker for pretty eyes!” Jubilee explained. She moved towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, “But you’re eyes are more beautiful and sexy.” She winked as he grinned in satisfaction.
Rogue rolled her eyes as Remy and Jubilee practically went at it, “Logan, do ah have ta do this? Ah just don’t feel right ‘conning’ this guy inta trusting me.”
Logan shrugged, “You’ve done it before right?”
“That was different! Ah was lying ta the people ta get them to trust me...this is ah kinda different lie. It’s...it’s like using ya good looks and bangin’ body ta get a guy to get ya things. Conning is ah low way of using people. Ah feel dirty doing this.”
“Hey!” Jubilee exclaimed as she broke away from Remy to glare at Rogue, “We are standing right here you know! We can still hear you!”
“C’mon, J! Ah can’t do this! Obviously he can see through mah ‘innocent’ act.” Rogue replied, “And if he does believe it...what am ah suppose ta do if he tries ta get physical?”
“Rip off his fucking testicles and make him wear them as earrings!” Logan growled.
Remy winced at the image, “Dat’s harsh, homme. Plus if de man does start getting all ‘touchy’ den he’s in for one helluva surprise, huh?” He grinned at Rogue.
“See what ah mean?” Rogue exclaimed, “Have Kitty do this! Ah’m not comfortable. Shooting people...killing people...that ah’m comfortable with! Not this!”
“First off, calm down chica!” Jubilee said, placing her hands on Rogue’s shoulders, “I know how you feel. This is your first time of conning an innocent and you feel bad...dirty...sinful...”
“Ah get the point, Jubes.” Rogue interrupted wryly.
“What I’m trying to say is...sometimes you have to do what you have to do to survive.” Jubilee explained. Rogue couldn’t tell what, but she swore she saw something serious in Jubilee’s eyes when she said that.
“Anyways,” Jubilee continued before Rogue could say something, “It’s too late to turn back now. He’s already met you and agreed to show you around. Just have him take you to his and Emma’s mansion then we’re in!”
“C’est simple!” Remy said.
Rogue sighed in defeat, glancing at Logan she could tell he was holding in something. He probably didn’t like this conning either. Remy and Jubilee were way better at it.
“This is bullshit but they’re right.” Logan muttered.
“We’re always right, ami.” Remy grinned as he placed an arm around Jubilee, “You an’ Rogue jest have to trust us!”
“That’s gonna take some time.” Logan replied. He paused, hearing footsteps, “Quick! Hide! The little fucker’s coming!”
“Why do you always refer to other men as ‘little fu-“ Logan covered Jubilee’s mouth as they moved to another room.
---
“Ready?” Bobby asked as he reached past Rogue for his coat.
“As ready as ah’m evah gonna be, sugah.” Rogue muttered.
“...ok then.” He replied, giving her an awkward look. He opened the front door for her, glancing back at Betsy and Warren once more. They gave him the ‘thumbs up’ sign as Rogue made her way out the door. Bobby decided something was not right.
“C’mon, we have to follow them.” Logan said as he watched Rogue make her way to Bobby’s car.
“Of course, Wolvie!” Jubilee replied, rolling her eyes as she smiled mischievously at Remy, “We wouldn’t dare leave her alone with Mr. Pretty Boy and let him have his dastardly way with her!”
“Oui, we wanna see it when he forgets Emma an’ falls head over hills wit Rogue.” Remy agreed smugly.
“Let’s go.” Logan muttered darkly, “Now.”
Jubilee stifled back a giggle as Logan stalked out the room, “I told you he was the jealous type!”
“You’re tres cruel, p’tite.”
---
“Where to first?” Bobby asked as he pulled out of the mansion gates. He realized he had no idea where he was going to take this woman. As if the day wasn’t confusing enough.
Rogue sighed inwardly, praying to all gods that Logan wasn’t using his super hearing to listen in on their conversation. “How about...” She placed a gloved hand on his knee, “Ya place? Ah’m sure ah handsome man like ya...”
“Look, I’m kinda engaged.” Bobby interrupted, gazing at her hand, “My fiancee Emma...”
“Ahh, Emma.” Rogue nodded, removing her hand from his knee. She began to think. What would Jubilee do? She had to think of a way to have Bobby bring her to their mansion. She had to get in there! “Umm...don’t think of me as ah crazy fangirl but...ah simply adore Emma Frost!”
“Really?” Bobby asked, confused. That was a first. Usually everyone referred to his fiancee as a sneaky back-stabbing bitch.
“Well...of course! This may sound creepy but ah...ah always wanted to see her mansion...ah mean your guys mansion.”
“Really?”
Rogue nodded, knowing she had to be looking crazy right about now. Either that or very obsessed lesbian in disguise.
“I guess Emma wouldn’t mind...”
“Of course not, hon! It’ll be like...ah surprise or something!”
“Yeah...a surprise.” He was beginning to wonder about this girl’s sanity. Why were the hot ones always crazy? Maybe it was him...
---
“Well?” Jubilee asked as she leaned forward between Remy and Logan.
“Well what?” Logan asked back, glancing at her.
“Well do you think Rogue succeeded in having Bobb-o take her to his place?” She asked as they continued to follow Bobby’s car.
“Sweetheart, if ya like your head attached to your body then I advise you to sit back and shut up.” Logan threatened.
Jubilee grinned and did as she was told.
“Don’t mind her, Logan, she jest likes teasin’.” Remy replied as he kept his eyes on Bobby’s car, “Been dat way since she was 17.”
Logan raised an eyebrow, “Just how old are you, Jubilee?”
“Twenty-one.” She exclaimed happily, “Absolutely legal baby!”
“You guys never did tell us how you met.” Logan said.
“It’s a long story, homme.”
“It’s a long fucking car ride. Humor me.”
“It ain’t humor.”
“Fine tell me your lovey-dovey story. Maybe it’ll help me stop the urges of jumping out this car onto that one to cut that prick in half.”
Remy glanced at Jubilee through the rear-view mirror for approval. She nodded, understanding his question.
“D’accord, mais it ain’t all ‘candy an’ roses’, homme.” Remy replied.
Logan snorted, “Can’t be that bad.”
“You have no idea.” Jubilee muttered.
“Worse then me running off with the boss’s fiancee?”
“I met Jubilee when she was sixteen,” Remy began, pausing for awhile. Logan couldn’t see his eyes behind his sunglasses but he sensed the tension in the car rise, “Remy was jest an assassin den...”
Logan’s eyebrows rose in shock, “You were an assassin too, Gumbo?”
Remy chuckled grimly, “Oui, somethin’ like dat.”
“We both had tough childhoods.” Jubilee explained, “Me...well believe it or not I was once a rich little spoiled brat.” She smirked alittle, “Then...my parents were murdered by hitmen when I was six. I escaped...eventually living in a mall.”
“A mall?”
“Don’t judge me.” She replied, “Ok, so I was like a mallrat! Big deal. Free stuff, dude! But one day I was caught by the wrong man.”
“He was an ass.” Remy said, noticing Jubilee become very quiet, “Long story short, Jubilee was forced to do ‘things’ for ‘im. T’ings children her age shouldn’t have to do.”
“Then I met Remy!” Jubilee spoke up, her voice somewhat back to normal, “I was a good sixteen when I did too. He just got done killing someone and I was on my way to steal me some good jewelry...but I decided to steal from him instead. Stupid of me...I know.”
“Pretty dumb, p’tite.” Remy agreed, “Eventually we came to an agreement. Remy left de Guild an’ Jubilee escaped dat man. Den...we began conning.”
“Until I noticed Remy getting alittle bit too jealous.” Jubilee smirked, “Of course he held it in until I turned 18...then we ended up hooking up after a ‘mission’...twice.”
Logan grimaced, “Did not need that image, kid.”
“Hey I just wanted to give the story a happy ending!” Jubilee exclaimed, “Hey look! I see another mansion!” She pointed at a white mansion that Bobby’s car was pulling up to, “Our girl actually did it! She conned a man by using her goodies!”
“Don’t say that again...”
---
“Wow, nice place, Robert.” Rogue said as he drove closer to the white mansion.
“Thanks, Emma got some expensive guys to decorate it...it ain’t my thing.” Bobby replied, “Oh and call me Bobby, I hate being called Robert.”
“But Emma...”
“Yeah, there’s no stopping her.” Bobby sighed.
“Why are ya with her?” Rogue asked curiously, “Ah mean...ya seem like ah nice guy and Emma’s...”
“A vixen?” He asked, smirking alittle.
“Er...yeah.”
He shrugged, “I sometimes stop to ask myself that question everyday.”
Rogue bit her lower lip, feeling that damn guilt again. Bobby wasn’t like the other men Jubilee conned. He was a nice guy...he didn’t deserve to be apart of this. “Ah...”
“Want a tour?” He asked, breaking the silence first.
“Sure.” She smiled. Dammit! Ah hate this! Ah hate this! How the hell can Jubilee do it?
---
“And they are getting out the car!” Jubilee announced as they watched Rogue and Bobby, “I still find it odd that she’d rather kill someone then con them. I mean...conning ain’t so bad.”
“Marie’s that kind of girl.” Logan replied, “That’s why I love her.”
Wow, and here I was thinking you only loved beer and cigars.”
Remy chuckled as Logan glared at her.
“All we need to do is wait for de boy to lead her into de mansion...den we’re good.”
“Houston, we have a problem!” Jubilee said as she made a move for the car door.
“What?” Logan asked, “Where are you going?”
“Look at her! She’s stalling!” Jubilee explained as she opened her door.
“What?” Logan looked back at Rogue who stopped walking, “How do you know?”
“Because I had that same look in my eyes when I was 13! I’ll be back!”
“Jubilee!” Remy called out, but he was too late. She was already out the car and half way down the lawn.
“Please tell me she knows what she’s doing.”
“Remy never knows.”
---
“What’s wrong, Marie?” Bobby asked, seeing her stop at the front stairs.
“It’s Rogue.” She replied. Oh gawd, they’re gonna kill me...but maybe there’s an easier way that won’t involve getting Bobby hurt too...
“Rogue?” Bobby asked incredulously.
“Yeah...”
“Roguey, chica, there you are!” Jubilee exclaimed as she made her way towards them.
“Jubilee!”
“Jubilee?” Bobby asked, “Who are you? How did you get in here? How did you get past those gates?”
“Look, Bobb-o, I don’t have time for questions ok. Your little girlfriend Emily-“
“Emma.” Rogue corrected.
“Emma,” Jubilee continued, “called me. I’m a new decorator and she gave me keys and all that good stuff.”
“Emma sent you?”
“Duh!” Jubilee replied, “And...Rogue here is also a decorator. That’s why she wanted to come here, right?”
“Uh...yeah?” Rogue replied, giving Jubilee a ‘what are you doing here?’ look.
“So if ya don’t mind, Bobb-o...”
“Can you not call me that?”
“No.” Jubilee replied, grabbing Rogue’s hand as they made their way towards the door, “So are you gonna just stand there with your mouth open or open this door for us like a true host?”
“Why don’t you just knock?” Bobby asked, crossing his arms, “Emma’s home.”
Jubilee and Rogue froze, “Emma’s here?”
“Yeah, didn’t you know that already?”
They heard a click as the door slowly began to open.
“Shit!” Rogue yelped, pushing Jubilee aside as they both jumped on Bobby into a bush.
“What the-“
“Shut up!” Jubilee whispered harshly, covering his mouth, “Look...you’re just going to have to trust us.”
Bobby’s eyes widened as he said something, but it was incoherent to Rogue and Jubilee since his mouth was still covered.
“Oh. Mah. God.” Rogue whispered as she saw the person that exited the mansion.
“What?” Jubilee asked, eyeing the man too. He was an odd one. Who wears helmets and capes in public?
“E-Erik.” Rogue replied as she seen her ex-fiancee make his way to a familiar helicopter.
“Erik? As in ‘that’s the man Logan stole you from Erik?’” Jubilee asked.
“What is he doing here? How does he know Emma? Why...why is it so freakin’ cold?” Rogue and Jubilee jumped off of Bobby and scooted as far away as they could.
“Ok, I so do not remember that!” Jubilee shivered as she saw a hug pile of snow.
“And ah don’t remember that!” Rogue added, looking at Bobby who was now in ice form.
Bobby smirked at the two women, “They call me Iceman.”
“Gee, I wonder why!” Jubilee replied angrily, “Just what we need! More mutants!”
“Ya think Scott or Betsy would’ve warned us.” Rogue added wryly.
“Who are you guys? Really?” Bobby asked.
“Great and now we’re going to have to kill him!”
“Jubilee!” Rogue said, glaring at her, “Rude much?”
“What?” Jubilee shrugged, “Obviously he’s on to us!”
“On to what?” Bobby asked confused.
“Ok, maybe Popsicle isn’t the sharpest icicle in winter.” Jubilee replied.
“Oh ha ha. I’d think twice before you make fun of a man that can turned you into a snowman.” Bobby said, an ice shard forming in his hand, “Now are you guys gonna talk or what? What exactly do you want with my fiancee Emma?”
---
A/N: Bobby was a little more 'serious' in this chapter. In future chapters he will be more goofier (jus the way i luv him!).