X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Lifestyle ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 7: Lifestyle Of The Rich and The Famous
“Every night, every dayJust to be there in your armsWon’t you stayWon’t you then stay foreverAnd ever and ever and ever “
-Can’t Get You outta My Head, Kylie M.
---
“You can’t just barge in, sir! Sir!” Logan and Rogue ignored the maid as she followed them into the dining hall of the huge mansion, Remy and Jubilee quietly following behind.
Jubilee glanced around at the nicely decorated mansion, wondering why Logan and Rogue couldn’t have this kind of taste instead of staying in their dusty little hideouts. She also began to wonder just how in hell did Logan and Rogue have friends of such high status like pretty boy Warren Worthington II and his new fiancee Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock, ex-model.
“Remember what Logan said, p’tite. Dere will be no stealin’. Got it?” Remy asked as he saw Jubilee trace her gloved hand across a very valuable vase.
She turned to give him a Cheshire cat smile, “I know! Just admiring, that’s all.”
Remy smiled back, throwing as arm over her shoulder as they both moved away from anything valuable. Temptation is a bitch.
“Sir! Mr. Worthington is having a very important dinner-“
“Can it, sugah!” Rogue yelled in annoyance, tired of having the woman shout orders at them.
The maid stopped abruptly, giving Rogue an appalled look as she gasped in shock, “Well, excuse me, ma’am,” Rogue rolled her eyes as the maid continued, “but this dinner is really important to the Worthingtons and the last thing they need is a bunch of leather-wearing...”
Rogue had enough. She quickly pulled out her pocket knife, it’s blade inches away from the neck of the maid, “Do ya have somethin’ against leather, hon? Cuz ah can always fix the problem.”
“N-no.” The maid stuttered, staring wide-eyed at the blade in fear.
Rogue gave her a satisfied look, “Good.” She quickly closed her pocket knife and placed it back in her belt, “We have an unscheduled appointment with Mr. Worthington anyways. He won’t mind, believe me.”
The maid stared at Rogue like she was mad, “I don’t think...”
“That’s the problem, darlin’, ya think too damn much.” Logan replied as he pushed open the big doors to the dining hall.
---
As the huge doors opened, several people’s attention went to the two strangers standing in the doorway. Some faces were full of shock and confusion as others were full of disgust at the attire of the couple infront of them. The maid looked wary as she looked at the face of her boss helplessly.
“Logan? Rogue? Bloody hell!” Betsy exclaimed, her purple eyes widening in shock as she looked at the couple who in return smiled devilishly, “What in blazes are you guys doing here?”
“Ya know us, darlin’, can’t ever resist a good party.” Logan smirked at the purple haired beauty, “Nice to see ya again, Betsy.”
“Yeah, hon, this is ah real nice place ya got here.” Rogue replied as she took a glass of wine from a tray, “Ah guess it’s better ta marry inta money then kill people for it.”
Several people gasped and stared at Betsy. Betsy managed to smile, her eyes glued on Rogue, “Oh, Rogue, what a kidder you are, love.”
Warren managed to chuckle, turning to his guests, “My lovely fiancee and I will be right back. We have to...discuss something with our friends here.” He tried not to grimace as he referred to Logan and Rogue as their ‘friends.’
“See, Marie, I told ya we were their friends.” Logan grinned as Rogue smiled lovingly back.
“Odd, ah always thought of us as business partners. But now that we’re all friends here...”
Warren and Betsy made their way past them as Warren grabbed Rogue before she could finish, the doors closing behind him.
---
“I’m so sorry, Mr. Worthington! I tried to stop them-“
“It’s quite alright, Lori, I know how hardheaded these two can be.” Warren smiled reassuringly, “Go make sure my guests are comfortable, will ya?”
The maid nodded obediently, glaring at Logan and Rogue, before she left to the dining hall.
“Was that bloody necessary!” Betsy yelled angrily as she made sure they were out of earshot, “Do you not know how important this dinner is for Warren and I?”
Rogue gave her a confused look, “Oh, we’re sorry...was this ah bad time ta talk ta ya?”
“Yeah, cuz we didn’t know you were busy...since we weren’t invited an all.” Logan added.
“What do you want?” Warren asked in a low and dangerous tone.
“We need you to ‘introduce’ us to a friend of yours. I’m sure she’s probably here with those old bastards in the other room.” Logan explained, glancing past Warren at Remy and Jubilee who seemed to be hiding, “What are you two doing?”
Remy and Jubilee looked at Logan, a seemingly innocent look on their faces as they asked, “Who us?”
“No, the fucking thieves behind ya!”
“Well, you see, mon ami, Jubilation an’ I aren’t exactly comfortable here. Dere’s some...’old’ friends in dat room dere an’ Remy’s sure dey’ll remember dis ol’ thief and de p’tite.”
“Yeah, and just imagine how drastic that would be!” Jubilee exclaimed as she stared at Warren’s wings in astonishment, “Cool wings, dude.”
“Uh...thanks.” Warren replied, not really knowing what to say as he examined the two strangers, “And who are they?” He asked Logan.
“That’s Remy and Jubilee, our ‘partners’.” Rogue answered, “So where’s Emma Frost?”
Betsy snorted, “Emma? She didn’t come. She had another ‘engagement’ so she says. And I’m glad! Can’t stand the bloody woman but Warren insists on keeping her around. But she did send her ‘love puppy’ to take notes or whatever that boy does.”
“Love puppy?” Jubilee asked.
“Yeah, Robert Drake...or something. He’ll do anything the woman says.” Betsy responded, crossing her arms, “Bloody sad, it is.”
“Remy’s guessin’ you don’t like dis Emma Frost, chere.”
“Remy’s right.” Betsy replied, “Emma Frost has a way with people...I would’ve murdered her years ago if Hank hadn’t stopped me.”
“Anyways,” Warren spoke up, not wanting to get into the subject of his fiancee’s dark past, “Why do you want to get good with Emma Frost. I know you guys and she is not the type you would become friends with.”
“I don’t know, bub, we’ve been making friends with a lot of weird people lately.” Logan responded, glancing at Remy.
“Well she’s not here.” Betsy repeated, “But Robert Drake is...you can talk to him if you like.”
“Betsy!” Warren exclaimed in shock, “You’re actually going to help them do...whatever the hell they’re doing?”
Betsy shrugged, “Why not? Logan’s helped me a lot in the past. Plus, if it has anything to do with Emma Frost then it can’t be good right? Hopefully someone- mostly her-gets hurt or something. Either way we got both the White Queen and the dynamic duo off our backs.”
Rogue and Logan grimaced, “Don’t call us that, sugah. It sounds so corny.”
“Yeah, we ain’t Batman and Robin.” Logan added.
Jubilee made her way to Betsy’s side, interloping their arms as she smiled charmingly, “Show me the way to this ‘Robert Drake’, I’ll love to meet him!”
Remy charged a card, gazing at it before looking at Betsy and Jubilee, “Oui, let’s talk to de boy.”
---
Next chapter: Robert "Bobby" Drake!