X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Old Friends ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ok, for those who read my profile know I am a Scott/Ororo fan. I’ve read so many great fics on them before. To be honest, Storm use to be my favorite but now it’s Jubilee. So Of course I have to have Scott with Ororo, it’s just the way I am. So sorry to all those Jean/Scott fans, I just can’t stand that woman!
Chapter 6: Old Friends
“They sayThey don't trustYou, me, we, usSo we'll fallIf we mustCause it's you, meAnd it's all aboutIt's all aboutIt's all about us”
-All About Us, T.A.T.U
---
“No...no...a thousand times no!” Logan growled as he glared angrily at the building infront of him, “Are you fucking nuts, Cajun? Do you know what this place is?”
“Oui,” Remy responded, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, “Dis be a attorney office. One of de biggest in New York.”
“And they’re great at sending criminals to the slammer!” Jubilee added gleefully.
“And that’s ah good thing?” Rogue asked, stepping back as she grabbed Logan’s arm, “Ah don’t like this. Ah don’t like this one bit! We’re bank robbers remember? No way Logan and ah are going in there.”
“Aw, Roguey, don’t you trust us?” Jubilee asked, batting her lashes innocently.
“No.” Rogue and Logan replied.
Jubilee sighed, stepping infront of them, “Look, Remy and I have some good friends in there. They won’t arrest you or anything. Believe me, they know better.”
“Oui, ‘specially ol’ fearless leader Scott Summers. He owes Remy big.”
“Did you just say ‘Scott Summers’?” Logan asked incredulously, “Fuck. Marie, let’s get the hell outta here.”
“Hey! Wait! What happened to working together?” Jubilee asked, grabbing Rogue’s gloved hand to stop them.
“It went out the window when ya tried ta convince us ta walk into a building full of lawyers and ex-cops like Scott ‘The Cyclops’ Summers, sugah.”
“How did you know Scott was an ex-cop, chere?”
Rogue sighed and glanced at Logan, “Well...before Logan and ah got together ah was with ah man named Erik Lensherr. Ah think ya heard of him...he’s ah very dangerous man in charge of ah group of mutants called The Brotherhood. Anyways, Logan worked for him and ah was his wife-ta-be. Don’t get me wrong, ah loved Erik...he was just alittle crazy...”
“Alittle?” Logan snorted.
“Ok, very.” Rogue admitted, “Well Erik sent Logan on ah mission to spy on this cop, Scott Summers. Scott was the only police officer in the world ta ruin Erik’s plans and spoil everything. So Logan was ordered ta ‘get rid of him.’”
“I’m guessing that didn’t work out good?” Jubilee asked.
“I ended up sleeping with his wife instead.” Logan replied.
Remy chuckled, “You an’ I have somethin’ in common, ami.” Jubilee elbowed him hard in the rib, “Ouch, petite! You’re abusive!”
“Anyways, I just ended up making Scooter more angry.” Logan said, shrugging alittle, “I don’t know why. It wasn’t like Jeannie was that great. Woman had mood swings like a bitch!”
“Erik also got mad that Logan was unable ta fulfill his mission. He tried ta have Logan killed...but ah warned him.” Rogue said.
“You stole your bosses fiancee?” Jubilee asked in shock, “Damn! You are a home wrecker!”
“I wouldn’t be talking, kid.” Logan replied, “I don’t go out and get rich men to buy me things and give me their money.”
“Watch it.” Remy responded threateningly, “It’s called conning.”
“Yeah, sorry if we don’t go around robbing gross bars and banks.”
“There’s nothing wrong with those bars!” Rogue said.
“Rogue, chica, I know how you love the whole ‘bad ass scene’ but seriously, would it hurt you guys to go to a decent restaurant for once?”
Rogue and Logan looked at eachother, grimacing, “Yes.”
“Look, Scott is an old friend of Remy’s. As a matter of fact Scott took somethin’ from me, an old partner of mine.”
“Really?” Logan asked, quirking an eyebrow, “There’s more golddiggers out there?”
“Watch it, jerk!” Jubilee yelled.
“Actually, Stormy was a thief like us mais her specialty was cars. Remy met her before Jubilee an’ I hooked up.”
Logan laughed, “Let me get this straight, bub. You allowed Scott Summers to steal your woman? He can’t even keep his own!”
“For your info, bub, Remy and Ororo never dated. They are best of friends. Right Rem?”
“Oui, an’ Scott could’ve sent Remy an’ ‘Ro to prison...mais de man fell in love wit de weather goddess.”
“Weather goddess?” Rogue asked.
“Stormy’s a mutant too.” Jubilee explained, “She can control the weather.”
“Cool.”
“I know.”
“Once Scott fell in love wit Ororo, he dropped all charges. Retiring as a cop forever...den him and Stormy got married...living happily ever after.”
“Until we show up.” Jubilee grinned, “We usually come for him to get us out of trouble, as our lawyer. Or we come to him to find out all about the ‘big spenders’. Scott and Ororo know about all the rich people that come to New York. That’s why we love them!”
“And that’s why we’re here.” Rogue said, understanding now.
“I don’t care if Scooter’s your fucking brother! There’s no way in hell we’re going in there! That guy holds grudges.” Logan growled, looking up at the building once more.
“Aw, look, p’tite. De little wolverine is scared.” Remy smirked, taunting the other couple.
“Don’t start, thief! Logan and ah are just cautious.” Rogue replied.
“Fine. You two chickens stay out here...better yet go wait in the car with Piotr and Kit-Kat if you’re too scared.” Jubilee grabbed Remy’s hand as they made their way to the front door, “Remy and I will talk to the big bad ex-cop for you.”
“Oui.”
Logan and Rogue watched the couple make their way into the building. Rogue clenched her fist and glanced at Logan who was staring daggers at the door, “Ah hate them.”
“Me too. C’mon.” Logan grabbed her arm as they made their way into the entrance.
---
“Here we are!” Remy exclaimed, a little too happy for Logan, “You know something’? Dis is kinda like a big family reunion! Right, chere?”
“One big dysfunctional family!” Jubilee agreed, hugging Logan and Rogue from behind.
Rogue and Logan both cringed as Remy knocked on the glass door with the words: MR. SUMMER’S OFFICE.
A white-haired, dark-skinned woman opened the door, her eyes widening as she pulled Remy into a huge embrace, “Oh goddess! Gambit? Is that you?”
“You better hope it is because Scott wouldn’t appreciate you hugging a stranger like that.” Jubilee commented.
Ororo released Remy to look at Jubilee, her sky blue eyes lighting up as she examined the young Asian, “My! Jubilation you’ve grown!” She pulled her into an embrace before she could respond.
“That happens when you get older.” Jubilee replied as she was squeezed tighter, “Can’t...breathe...Stormy...”
Ororo released her, an apologetic look on her face, “Sorry...and what did I tell you about calling me Stormy?”
Jubilee shrugged, “What did I tell you about calling me Jubilation?”
“Touche.” Ororo smiled, spotting Rogue and Logan. They were in a dark corner, leaning against the wall, looking alittle uncomfortable, “And who are your bright and sunny friends?”
Remy looked back at the couple in leather, “Oh dem? Dey’re good friends. We came here to talk to Scott about a little ‘proposition’.”
Ororo sighed, “What have you two done now?”
“Nothin’! We jest need some important information. You see, Jubilation an’ I are going on a vacation for awhile...”
“You!” Ororo interrupted, her jaw dropping in realization, “It was you two on the t.v.! The bank robbery thing! Are you crazy?”
“Now, Stormy...don’t be jumpin’ to conclusions...”
“And them!” She pointed at Rogue and Logan. Logan grunted as Rogue gave her a sweet smile, “They helped you? Do you guys know what you’ve done? Senator Kelly’s ready to lock up all mutants!”
“Sheesh, he acts like we killed anyone!” Jubilee said.
“You did! A lot of officers were severely hurt...some even killed! What were you thinking? That was very unprofessional of you, Remy! I thought you were more professional then that! If your father finds out-“
“He won’t.” Remy interrupted, “An’ it wasn’t all our fault...we jest...got sidetracked.”
“Sidetracked?” Ororo asked, “Remy, you of all people should know how important it is to keep your head on the mission!”
“De Canadian over dere was robbing de bank, not Remy! He practically endangered Jubilee’s life. What was Remy suppose to do?”
“Hey! Watch it, bub! You were the one that attacked Marie!”
“After you took de petite hostage!”
“Some friends you guys are.” Ororo replied, watching the two men glare at eachother, “So I’m guessing you guys wanna get out of the country for awhile?”
“Correcto.” Jubilee smiled, “Wolvie here has a place for us...so he says.”
Ororo eyed Logan suspiciously, “Are they trustworthy?”
“Ask Scooter.” Logan replied, receiving a hit from Rogue.
“You know Scott?”
“Let’s just say his ex-wife and I go way back.”
Ororo grinned, “You’re the infamous Logan Howlett?”
“He talks about me?” Logan asked, “Told you he still has a grudge.”
“I wouldn’t call it that...he just wants to blast you to shreds that’s all. He talks about how you were suppose to be his ‘assassinator’ but instead Jean got to you...she gets to everyone.”
“Can we not talk about her?” Rogue asked, becoming alittle jealous of Logan’s and Jean’s past history.
“And you are...?”
“Rogue.” Rogue replied, “But ah’m sure Scott will remember me. Ah don’t think he’ll forget the fiancee of the biggest criminal in New York.”
“If you’re Erik’s fiancee then why are you with...?”
“Long story.” Rogue said.
“Ororo? Who’s at the door?” Scott asked as he made his way to the doorway, “Crap.” He spotted Remy’s cocky grin first, then Jubilee’s sweet mischievous smile.
“Hello, Summers!” Jubilee greeted, “Long time huh?”
“Not long enough.” Scott muttered, “What do you...oh hell no!” He moved past Ororo and Remy to make his way to Logan, “You!”
“Hello, boy scout.” Logan grinned, “Miss me?”
Scott turned to glare at Remy, “Don’t tell me you made friends with this jackass?”
Remy shrugged, “Jubilee’s smitten wit his gal.”
Jubilee ran to Rogue to put an arm over her shoulder, “Isn’t she adorable?”
“Rogue? Magneto’s Rogue?” Scott asked incredulously.
“Ah didn’t know ah was anyone’s property, sugah.” Rogue replied darkly.
Scott chuckled bitterly, “So the rumors are true. The mistress of The Brotherhood left Magneto to run off with the messenger boy.”
“Who you callin’ boy, bub?” Logan asked as his claws came out, “Cuz the only boy I see is you and pretty boy over there!”
“Hey! Leave Remy outta dis!”
“I called you boy. We got a problem?” Scott asked, getting in Logan’s face. His ruby quartz gleamed dangerously.
“Back off, cop!” Rogue yelled, pulling out her guns to aim at Scott, “Or ah’ll make ya wife ah widow.”
“ENOUGH!” Ororo screamed, thunder shaking the building as dark clouds formed outside. Her white eyes peered at everyone, “You’re causing a scene! Get inside the office now and we’ll all talk like adults.”
Rogue almost dropped her guns in shock, “Fine...”
“Ok.” Logan said through gritted teeth, his claws retracting as Scott made his way in the office.
“That was creepy.” Rogue admitted to Jubilee as they followed Logan and Remy in.
“I know!” Jubilee smiled, “Awesome, huh? You should see her when she’s pissed off at Scott!”
---
“Let me get this straight...you want me to give you the information on the richest person in New York right now so you can rob them, take their money and move out the country for awhile because of all the stuff you caused to happen at the bank?” Scott asked.
“Basically...oui.” Remy nodded.
“And you do know I’m a lawyer slash ex-cop?”
“Oui, an’ Remy also knows you helped Jubilation an’ I get out a lot of bad situations. Not to mention you were a crooked cop.”
“And you are sleeping with one of our own!” Jubilee added, pointing at Ororo, “If it wasn’t for Remy, you’d still be fucking that redhead of a doctor.”
“Jubilation!” Ororo gasped, “Language!”
Jubilee rolled her eyes, “Yeah, yeah. Anyways it’s really important, Scott! Please?”
Scott sighed as he tried to avoid the sapphire blue puppy eyes look, “But...them!” He looked over at Logan and Rogue who was sitting on his lap.
Remy sighed, “We need dem...an’ we owe dem too.”
“But I hate them!”
“The feeling is fucking mutual, bub.” Logan replied.
Scott’s hand raised to his visor, only to be slapped back down by Ororo.
“Scott, be nice.”
“Fine!” He turned to pull out a huge stack of papers, “There is one woman here with a very shady past...she should have enough to get you to where you’re going, not to mention buy you guys a new life. Her name’s Emma Frost. She just moved here with her new boyfriend Robert something-or-another.”
“Sounds perfect!” Jubilee said, smiling at Remy.
“But...she is also a mutant...a very strong mutant. Telepathy...and some other things Ororo and I haven’t found out about. Not to mention she’s schooling some girls called the Stepford Cuckoo sisters...they have a record...a bad one. And she has high security...”
“We can handle it, Scooter.” Logan interrupted, “We have our own hackers.”
Scott muttered something, shaking his head, “It’s not that simple. This woman is dangerous.”
“And yet she manages to get out of ever being sentenced. You steal from her, you’ll regret it.” Ororo added.
“That is why we won’t only be robbing her.” Jubilee replied, placing a hand on Remy’s knee, “I think alittle conning is in order! Plus with everyone we have...it’ll be a piece of cake! Right, babe?”
“Oui.” Remy agreed. “We’ll need some information on her boyfriend.”
Scott sighed and went back to his files.
“Lemme see that picture, hon.” Rogue said, reaching for Emma’s photo, “Hey, Logan, doesn’t she look familiar?”
“Yeah...Sage knows her...and Betsy.” Logan replied, examining the picture of the blonde dressed in white leather, “This might be easier then we thought. Then we can get to Japan quicker.”
“Japan?” Jubilee asked, “That’s where you’re taking us? Japan!”
“Ya didn’t think I was going to send us to a paradise did ya, kid?”
“I was hoping.” Jubilee pouted.
Rogue looked at Logan suspiciously, “Did you say Japan? As in...”
“I need to get that jade, Marie.” Logan replied, not looking up at her.
Remy and Jubilee watched as Rogue gazed quietly at Logan, an unspoken understanding between the two. Remy and Jubilee didn’t like it one bit. They were hiding something.
“We have to talk to Betsy then.” Rogue said finally, getting up from Logan’s lap, “With her new husband Warren Worthington we’ll be able to get closer to Emma.”
“Warren?” Ororo asked, “You guys know Warren Worthington? Why not just borrow money from him? He’s rich enough...just the same as Emma to be exact.”
“It’s not that simple.” Rogue replied.
“What are they up to?” Jubilee whispered as she leaned in closer to Remy, “They’re hiding something...”
Remy shook his head, his red on black eyes scanning the couple, “Dey seem set on Japan for some reason. An’ if it’s jest a little jade den dey’re crazy. We’ll jest let dem help us den we’ll go our separate ways, d’accord.”
“I hope you’re right.” Jubilee sighed, eyeing Rogue.
“Here, all you need on Robert Drake. Emma’s new boyfriend.” Scott said as he handed information to Jubilee, “Don’t do anything stupid guys. If this comes back to me...I’ll kill you. All of you.”
“Geez, thanks for the support. We’ll keep in touch. Bye, Stormy!”
Ororo sighed at the pet name Jubilee called her, “They have no idea what they’re getting themselves into.”
---
A/N: For all those wondering, yes eventually they will go after Xavier and Jean, but right now they're going after Emma (who i also don't like).
Next: Logan and Rogue's turn to talk to an old friend, Miss Elizabeth 'Betsy' Braddock and Warren Worthington. Then they'll be going after Emma Frost, but are they underestimating the White Queen? And will all go smoothly or will it be a mess once past loves and 'friends' show up?