X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Best of Both Worlds ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Dedications: This chapter is especially for my cousin Jasmine, my own little Kitty Pryde fan.
Chapter 5: Best Of Both Worlds
“You're my dreamboyYou show me your love in every wayYou're faithfull to me every dayNow I know that dreams come trueYou're my dreamboy “
-Dreamboy, Dreamgirl
Stevie B.
---
“Shit, they’re getting closer!” Jubilee cursed as she heard the sirens getting louder. She glared at Logan, “This is all your fault! If you wouldn’t have interfered-“
Logan glared at her incredulously, “Look, kid, don’t be pointing fingers alright?”
“I can point all I want to, bucko!” She replied, wriggling her finger in his face threateningly.
SNIKT!
“If you wish to keep that finger, darlin’, then I advise you to get it the hell outta my face!” Logan growled, his claws inches away from her finger.
“Do it and we’ll be seein’ chunks of old man all over de place.” Remy said, stepping between Jubilee and Logan.
Rogue sighed in frustration. The cops were on their way and these people still found time to argue about nothing.
“Enough!” She yelled, “Are ya forgetting about the police 2 minutes away from us? Look, we need ta really get outta here...no arguments!” She glared at the three reluctantly apologetic faces.
“Sorry, Marie.” Logan mumbled, glaring coldly at Remy who gave him a cocky grin.
“Yeah, sorry, chica.” Jubilee apologized, “But Rem and I have a problem...our car’s out front...so...”
“No!” Logan replied before she could even ask.
“No?” Jubilee repeated angrily, “What do you mean ‘no’? You guys got us into this mess! Destroying the room like it was some kind of fighting ring!”
“Your little boyfriend started it.”
“Who you callin’ ‘little’?” Remy asked angrily.
“Enough!” Rogue yelled, “Ah will ride with Logan, Jubilee and her man will take mah bike. Ya two can follow us to our hide out. There! Everything’s solved! Now get on the damn bikes and let’s get the hell outta here!” She handed Jubilee her helmet before walking over to Logan’s bike.
“The hell they will!” Logan protested, eying the other couple, “Just leave them.”
“Ah said ‘problem solved’.” Rogue muttered in a low dangerous tone, “Hon, get ya fine adamantium butt on this bike right now before ah lose mah mind and leave all ya ta deal with the cops!”
Logan muttered something under his breath but got on his motorcycle anyways.
Jubilee snickered, placing the helmet on her head as Remy got on Rogue’s bike, “I knew I liked you for some reason, Roguey.”
“Follow us.” Logan said, his eyes glued on Remy, “And don’t try anything sneaky, Cajun. We do want that bike back...in one piece.”
Remy waved him off, “Don’t worry, mon ami. Remy knows how to handle a motorcycle very well.”
“Yeah, you can trust us. We’re not gonna steal it if that’s what you think.” Jubilee replied, securing her arms around Remy’s waist.
Logan couldn’t see it from under the helmet, but he knew she was giving him a mischievous grin, “Damn thieves.” He muttered before driving off down the alley. Remy following right behind them.
---
“Coppers! Coppers! Coppers!” Jubilee yelled as two police cars began to chase them.
“Well with de way Logan is driving, no wonder we look suspicious.” Remy replied, pulling up next to Logan to keep pace with them.
Usually Logan would have some smart remark or stab the damn annoying guy off his motorcycle (but Rogue wouldn’t approve) but he just grinned. “We know how to handle this. Marie, darlin’, do ya mind?”
“Not at all, sugah!” Rogue smirked, reaching around Logan’s waist.
Jubilee gave them a disgusted look, “Dude, we’re getting chased by cops! This is not the time to be feeling your man up.”
“Remy don’t know, p’tite. It could help alittle!” Remy replied.
Rogue grinned wider as she pulled out two guns, turning on the motorcycle so she could get better aim at the cars.
“Girl is crazy!” Jubilee said as she watched Rogue position herself on the back of the bike, “I told ya she was great, Remy!”
“If you like her so much then why don’t you marry her?” Remy asked, swerving out the way of an oncoming car.
Rogue began shooting at the tires of the first car, succeeding in causing it to clash with the other.
“WOOOO! That’s what ah’m talking about, sugah!” She screamed excitedly.
“Don’t start celebrating just yet, chica.” Jubilee said. She pointed at four oncoming cops on motorcycles who easily dodged the mess Rogue caused.
“Good, Ah need aim practice anyways.” Rogue prepared to shoot at an advancing officer only to realize she was already out of bullets, “Crap! Outta ammo!”
“I told you you get too trigger happy!” Logan replied, grunting as one of the cops succeeding in shooting him in the arm, “Shit!” He lost balance awhile as his wound began to heal.
“They’re shooting!” Remy commented, dodging the bullets as he followed Logan down a freeway.
“No shit!”
Rogue quickly took off her helmet and slammed it into the face of the closest officer on a motorcycle, causing him to swerve and fall off to the side of the road.
“Ya ok, hon?” She asked, glancing back at Logan.
“Nothing alittle healing factor can’t fix.” Logan replied.
“Easy for you ta say, homme.” Remy said, wincing as bullets flew past him, “You heal. Remy still has to deal wit de little cuts and bruises you left on me from de little fight at the bank.”
Jubilee quickly turned on the motorcycle, positioning her legs up.
“What are you doin’, p’tite?” Remy asked, watching her from mirror.
“Putting my gymnastics to good use.” She replied, kicking two cops off their bikes.
Remy glanced at her warily, “Be careful, you can lose your balance and fall.”
“Don’t worry, babe!” Jubilee replied, carefully standing on the back of the motorcycle.
“Jubilation!” Remy said as he tried to keep the bike as steady as he could.
“I see about seven more motorcycle cops plus six cop cars.” Jubilee replied, ignoring Remy’s plea for her to sit back down.
“We have ta lose them before we make it ta the hide-out.” Rogue said, pulling out two knives she used to throw at two more cops, “And ah’m all outta weapons!”
“I have an idea!” Jubilee exclaimed, lifting her arms, “Logan, speed up. Remy and I will catch up with you guys later. Rem, you might wanna put your sunglasses on.”
“Don’t even t’ink about it, Jubilation.” Remy warned as he reached for his sunglasses anyways.
Jubilee rolled her eyes, “C’mon! You’re starting to sound like a boring old man.” Logan quickly sped up as Jubilee waited till they were far enough, “Time for some fireworks, boy!”
She concentrated hard as all the energy built up in her fingertips. She opened her eyes, alittle dazed from so much energy being drained from her, “Bye!” She muttered before sending a huge plasmic blast towards the cops.
The cars and motorcycles swerved as the cops shielded their faces from the burning paffs that entered their eyes. By time they managed to open their eyes, their vision somewhat back, the two motorcycles were long gone.
---
Jubilee fainted, her head almost falling onto the back wheel. Remy quickly caught the back of her shirt with his right hand, bringing her to the front of the motorcycle to it on his lap.
“Good job, ma petite.” He whispered before catching up with Logan and Rogue.
They led him to a very old, abandoned cabin that was secluded by dozens of trees.
“Home sweet home.” Logan grinned, pulling up next to Remy, “Or is this too manly for you, pretty boy?”
Remy grimaced at the cabin then scowled at Logan, “Cozy.”
---
Jubilee opened her eyes to find herself on a very torn and dusty couch, “Gross!” She muttered, slowly sitting up to eye the place in disgust.
“The Princess is awake!” A big metal muscular guy smirked. He leaned down to get a better look at Jubilee, “You ok?”
“Who the hell are you?” Jubilee asked angrily, taking in the man’s metal form, “Where’s Remy?” She looked around the dimly lit cabin, trying to remember how she got there.
The man turned to look at some people that were behind him, “She does have a mouth on her!” He laughed.
“Told ya.” Came a familiar grunt, “Kid needs to learn manners.”
“Logan!” Rogue walked towards Jubilee, placing a gloved hand on her forehead, “Ya ok, hon? Ya passed out after that little show on the freeway. That was impressive by the way.”
“I’m fine.” Jubilee shrugged, feeling her brain pound in her head, “Though I do feel like my brain’s about to bust out at any second.”
“You have one?” Logan replied from table he was sitting at. He was shuffling a pack of cards as he took a big puff from his cigar.
“Ignore Logan. Though he won’t admit it, he’s impressed and thankful too.” Rogue smiled sincerely.
“Those coppers are just lucky I didn’t get feral on their asses.” He replied, dealing out cards to Piotr and an empty seat.
“Where’s Remy?” Jubilee asked.
“Bathroom. He’s spent the past half hour worrying about ya and hustling Logan and Piotr. Pretty hilarious though.”
“He cheats!” Piotr yelled angrily.
“Jus’ have a way wit de cards, ami.” Remy replied, entering the room. “Jubilation! You awake?”
“If you want to call it that.” Jubilee said, holding her head in pain, “I really need to practice on conserving my energy, huh?”
Remy walked towards the couch and kneeled down, “Oui.” He smirked, running a hand through her short hair, “Bonne job, mais don’t ever do dat again, ya hear?”
“Ya had Remy really worried, J.” Rogue said, polishing her new loaded gun, “He was crying like ah 14 year old girl.”
Piotr and Logan laughed as Remy turned to glare at them, “Remy don’t know why you two are laughing. You both owe Remy a million dollars.”
Logan and Piotr quickly stopped laughing, “Double or nothing, Cajun.”
“Logan!” Rogue exclaimed, giving him a disapproving look, “Ya are gonna gamble away all our savings!”
“Can’t stop, Marie.” Logan replied, “My reputation is on the line.”
“What reputation?” She asked, rolling her emerald eyes, “We all know ya are ‘bad ass Wolverine’, hon.”
“It’s time I schooled this pretty-boy in real poker.” Logan replied, “Ya in or not, Cajun?”
Remy glanced back at Jubilee who shrugged, “We can always use a new condo I guess...and a new car since ours was left at the scene of the crime...with my date.”
Remy glared lightly at her then pulled out a cigarette, “D’accord. Remy’s in.” He got up and made his way to the table.
“Men.” Rogue sighed.
“Marie.” Logan said, his eyes quickly locking onto the door, “We have company.”
Rogue glanced at him then at the door, “Cops?” She asked, positioning her gun towards the door.
“One person...a girl...”
“There you are!” BANG! Kitty quickly phased through a bullet that was shot towards her, staring at Rogue in bewilderment, “Did you just shoot at me?”
“Who are you?” Rogue asked, her finger lightly on the trigger.
Jubilee quickly got up to make her way to Kitty, “It’s ok! This is Kitty. Kitty Pryde. She’s with us.” She explained.
“Oh.” Rogue replied, “Sorry.”
“Sorry?” Kitty exclaimed, “You could’ve killed me!”
“Kitty...”
“Who is this woman, Jubilee? And why did she try to kill me? And what are you guys doing here?” Kitty looked around in disgust, “It’s dirty! What happened to you guys? Do you know how long it took me to find this place? I had to use the freaking tracking device I put in Remy’s trench!”
“Forgot about dat.” Remy said, ignoring Kitty’s rambling as he looked at his cards, “No wonder Remy’s chest was itching.”
Kitty turned to glare at Remy and the men at the table, “Who are they? What is this place?” She looked back at Rogue who was staring at her with a blank expression, “And WHY DID YOU TRY TO KILL ME!”
“KITTY!” Jubilee yelled, trying to calm her friend down, “Would you settle down for a moment and let me speak? That’s Rogue, the hairy guy next to Remy is her man Logan. And the big guy is...who is he?”
“That’s Piotr, our friend.” Rogue replied, cocking her gun as she looked at Kitty, “How did ya dodge that bullet?”
Kitty gazed at her cautiously, “I can phase through solid objects, making me nearly invincible to bullets...Jubilee, is your new friend sane?”
Rogue gasped, rising hastily, “Ah beg your pardon!”
“Rogue...Kitty...!” Jubilee stepped between them, “She doesn’t mean it, Rogue. When Kitty gets stressed she tends to ramble.”
“I so do not ramble!” Kitty replied, offended, “And she’s obviously crazy if she shoots at people who walk through her front door!”
“Of course ah’m gonna shoot at ya!” Rogue exclaimed loudly, “One, we just got done getting chased down by ah bunch of cops! Two, ya WALKED THROUGH MAH DOOR! Who the hell walks through a door! That’s just creepy.”
“Dis coming from a fille who dates a man wit metal claws.” Remy snickered.
Rogue gave Remy the finger before glaring at Kitty, “Sorry, hon, but maybe ya might be more careful next time, ‘cause ah might not miss.”
“Is that a threat?” Kitty asked angrily.
“My head...my head is killing me!” Jubilee whimpered, settling back on the couch.
“Um...you guys gonna do anything? Jubilee doesn’t look too good and Rogue and that knew girl are at eachother’s throats.” Piotr said.
“Jubilee’s got it under control.” Logan replied, taking another puff from his cigar.
“Let de filles work it out. Who knows? We might even see a catfight.” Remy replied, winking at Piotr.
“You guys are terrible.” Piotr muttered before making his way to Rogue and Kitty, “Ladies, can we handle this later?”
“Whatevah.” Rogue replied turning away from Kitty and Piotr.
Kitty grinned flirtatiously at Piotr, “I’m Kitty. Kitty Pryde. Pleased to meet you.” She extended a hand as Piotr shook it, smiling in return.
Jubilee rolled her eyes, “There has to be another reason, other from arguing with Rogue and flirting with tin man, as to why you’re here, Kitty.”
“Oh yeah!” Kitty pulled a newspaper, “All ready you four are on the freaking cover of the newspaper! Not to mention you’re being talked about on every news channel!”
Jubilee and Rogue grabbed the paper and gaped at it.
“Logan! They have pictures of the chase and everything!” Rogue exclaimed.
“Holy crap! Some bitch named Lois Lane already got a whole story on us!” Jubilee whined, feeling her headache get bigger, “Good going guys!”
“Guys?” Logan growled, “You’re the one that did that little fireworks show...twice!”
“Saved our butts, ami.” Remy replied.
“Yeah will now they know you guys are mutants. Even though you didn’t manage to get away with any money, Senator Kelly is trying to get some new law passed against mutants. Thanks to you guys, all the anti-mutanists are all hot and ready to kill anyone they think is a mutant.” Kitty exclaimed.
“Why?” Jubilee asked, “We didn’t take any money...we didn’t hurt...oh yeah...” She sighed, remembering the cops her and Rogue attacked.
“Exactly.” Kitty replied.
“Did any of them see our faces?” Rogue asked.
“One did see yours...but the paper says a big blow to the head caused him to forget. All he remembers is your weird white streak.” Kitty answered.
“Weird?”
“She meant ‘unique’.” Piotr interfered before another argument started.
“What are we gonna do, Rem?” Jubilee asked, “We’ve managed to keep a low profile but now this is going to cause the police to go after any mutant in America...they’ll eventually get us!”
Remy thought a moment then smirked, “Den we’ll jus’ get outta America for awhile.”
Jubilee sat up straight, “Excuse me?”
“You must be mad!” Kitty added.
“No...the Cajun has a point.” Logan replied, “They’ll be looking for us to make an ‘example’ out of us or whatever those fuckers do. We gotta get outta here...and I know just where to go.”
“Where?” Rogue, Jubilee, and Kitty asked in unison.
“I’ll tell ya later...but we’re gonna need more money.” He glanced reluctantly at Remy, “Marie and I will need help though...and you bet your ass you and Jubilee can’t do it alone either.”
Remy nodded, smirking, “Team up den?”
Logan nodded, “But if you get in my way, bub, you’re gonna regret it.”
“Wait...team up to do what?” Rogue asked, confused.
“Rob people.” Logan replied, grinning.
“Not jus’ any people. P’tite, call up ‘Ro and Scott, we’re gonna need to talk to dem.”
“Ah’ll call Tessa!” Rogue exclaimed, jumping up from the couch as Jubilee pulled out her cell phone.
Kitty crossed her arms and glanced at Piotr, “Geez, a couple games of poker and they’re practically singing Kumbiyah together.”
“Ah, the magic of gambling.” Piotr smirked.
---
Next Chapter: Remy, Jubilee, Logan, and Rogue go talk to Ororo and Scott. Where's Logan planning on going? Plus a little bit of history on both couples pasts.