X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Clashing Jobs ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: Clashing Jobs
“Champagne kisses hold me in your lap of luxury
I only want to fly first class desires, you're my limousine
So elegant the way we ride, our passion it just multiplies
There's platinum lightning in the sky
Look I'm livin' like a queen”
-Luxurious, Gwen Stefani
---
“And I told her that I don’t care if it’s indecent I want it shorter!” The blonde Asian exclaimed angrily to the man next to her, “I mean I don’t pay for the designer to think do I? No! Didn’t think so!”
“Uh huh,” Came the unconscious reply, “I’m just gonna stop here, Kim. I need to get alittle more money for the kids’ birthdays. My ex-wife’s been on my ass about it all month! ‘Buy your kids something, Leroy!’ It’s so annoying.” He held a huge door open for her, “You are so lucky you don’t have kids.”
Kim glanced at a man next to the door, leaning against the building casually. He wore a big brown trench and dark sunglasses, strands of his dark auburn hair flowing over the glasses. She smirked inwardly before entering the bank.
---
“Ya ok, hon?” Rogue asked, staring at Logan as he put his gloves on.
“Fine, darlin’, why you ask?”
“Because,” Rogue leaned over the motorcycle to meet his gaze sternly, “ya haven’t said much today and ya keep muttering incoherent things about French people. Which, by the way, we don’t even know any French people!”
“Then tell me when we meet some so I can slice their damn heads off!” He replied, loading his gun with a menacing smirk.
Rogue sighed then stood straight up, “Sometime’s ah worry for your sanity.”
“It’s a tough job but someone has to do it!” Sage piped in from their earphones, “Are you guys ready to rob this bank or not? I got everything set!”
“We’re going. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.” Logan replied. He took one last inhale from his cigar before abandoning it for his ski mask.
Rogue smirked before putting on hers, “We’re ready, Tessa. We’re making our way through the back right now.”
---
Jubilee was bored. She was tired of playing the dumb blonde Asian Kim already and being in this bank was not helping her. She glanced at Leroy, thinking of something to say because talking to him will be better then standing still doing nothing. She decided against it, even if she did start a conversation with him, she’d have to degrade herself by saying the most stupid things to hide her identity. Lord knows rich men can’t stand women who think and speak for themselves.
Jubilee kept herself occupied by gazing back at Remy who was waiting outside the bank, probably flirting with any skirt that walked by. It didn’t bother her, it was part of his act to insure that him and Jubilee were in no way connected and that the men she was with never know they’re being followed by a trained assassin.
“Kim! We’re next!” Leroy called from the front of the line.
Jubilee looked down at her watch, “Good.” She walked towards him but stopped abruptly when she felt something was wrong. The technology was acting up...why was the technology acting up? To anyone with untrained eyes it would seem perfectly normal, but Jubilee noticed how the security cameras no longer moved around. The doors at the exits no longer opened. The ‘CLOSED’ sign turned on...
She quickly reached into her purse and pulled out her cell, speed dialing Kitty’s number, “Kit-Kat, I think we have a-“
“PUT YOUR DAMN HANDS UP!” A man in all black screamed as he appeared out of nowhere. He pointed his gun at a banker as another person, a woman, entered.
“Kitty, the bank is being robbed!” Jubilee whispered into her cell, watching as the female knocked out all the security guards with her fists. Anyone that tried to fight back ended up getting it the worse.
“What? Jubilee, you ok? Does Remy know? Do you want me to-“ The line went dead.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck!” Jubilee cursed as people around her began to panic, “Of all the days!”
---
“Sounds great, chere. Is eight good for you?” Remy asked, grinning seductively.
“Sounds perfect!” replied the blonde across from him, her three friends giggling flirtatiously at the auburn haired man.
Remy felt a vibration coming from his belt. He excused himself as he reached for his cell, winking one last time before turning to get personal space for his conversation.
“Hello?”
“Remy! Oh my gawd! Jubilee just called me...but the line went dead! She said...she said...!”
“Pu...er...Kitty, calm down! What is it? Is de petite ok?” Remy asked, trying to remain calm as the panicking brunette continued to shriek in incoherent sentences..
“The bank’s being robbed!” Kitty screamed, causing Remy to wince in pain as it struck his ear.
He quickly shook out the pain out and looked into to bank to find several people on the floor. He spotted Jubilee by her blonde wig still standing in between a crowd of people that were being pushed along to the side by a robber.
“Merde!” He cursed. Hold on, Jubilee...
“Something wrong?” The blonde infront of him asked, seeing the worried expression on his face.
“Non...be back.” Closing his cell, he made his way to the back of the building.
---
“Ah got them all outta view, sugah.” Rogue said as she made sure people weren’t going to be seen from outside.
“You guys are nuts if you think you can pull this robbery off!” A brave citizen spoke up, “This place is wired like a computer.”
Rogue smirked, though she knew they couldn’t see it from behind her mask, “Aw, hon, thanks for the concern but we got this.”
“Rogue, babe, the vault’s in the back.” Sage’s voice intervened as the man continued to ramble on about how much technology was around the bank.
“Gotcha.” With a nod from Logan, Rogue made her way to the back room where all the money was.
“Now this experience can be less traumatic and violent if all you guys cooperate.” Logan said as he looked around at everyone, “We’re just gonna take the money and leave...but if any of you try to be a hero then there will be blood shed.” His eyes stopped on a particular blonde that seemed to have her eyes glued to the door, a slight frown on her face, “Hey, kid! Against the wall!”
She glanced at him, scowled, then turned her attention back to the doors. She seemed to be waiting for something...
“Did you not hear me?” Logan growled. He couldn’t believe the bravery of this little woman! Usually when someone points a gun to your head and tells you to do something, you do it. But no, not her. He didn’t even smell fear come from her like he did the others, she was completely calm. “Hey, kid! Did you not hear-“
“I heard you, gosh!” She replied angrily, “No need to yell, dude.”
Logan felt his jaw drop in shock, “Excuse me? I’m guessing you have a death wish, darling.”
She folded her arms boldly, “Don’t call me darling! And I’d like to see you try-“
Logan cocked his gun and pointed it at her forehead, “Oh, don’t tempt me, kid.”
“Kim!” Leroy yelled from his spot on the floor, “Don’t provoke the man! Get over here!”
She rolled her eyes and decided she better go back in ‘Kim’ mode before her cover was blown. “But, Leroy! This man’s being a big meanie head to me!” she whined.
Logan glanced at Leroy then back at Kim. “Oh, I get it.” he smirked, “You’re one of those women.” He stopped pointing his gun at her as she stared warily at him, “You play the ‘dumb mistress’ so Richie Rich over there don’t know your conning him for his money.”
It was Jubilee’s turn to be in complete shock, “Wh-what are you talking about?” She looked at Leroy who also had a confused look on his face. “Why don’t you just rob the bank and mind your own damn business?”
Logan shrugged, grinning as he noticed he hit a nerve. The woman was beginning to reek of nervousness. His triumphant smirk quickly vanished as something shiny caught his eye. Around her neck was a silver necklace, a part of sapphire dangling from it. She also had matching sapphire earrings-not any sapphire though, a certain sapphire that was stolen from him last night.
“Where the hell did you get that?” he asked, using his gun to point at the expensive jewelry.
Jubilee’s hand consciously went to her necklace, hoping he wasn’t thinking about taking it from her. That was her present from Remy! No way was she going to let a low-life robber take it! “None of your business!”
“It looks like a sapphire to me, kid.” replied Logan, eying her suspiciously, “And your meal ticket doesn’t look like the man that took that from me last night. Where’s Frenchy?”
Frenchy? Was this man talking about Remy? Did Remy know this man? And what did he mean ‘last night’? “I don’t know what you’re talking about, guy.” She no longer felt safe talking to this man. He knew way too much and was asking a lot of questions.
“Let me jog your memory then, darling. Tall guy, weird eyes, carries a big stick, and hits like a girl.”
Jubilee scowled. Who was this guy? And why was he so interested in her and her sapphires? Shouldn’t he be robbing the bank? Not socializing!
“How about you just do your job?” She seethed, trying to keep her temper under control. She turned to make her way to Leroy, but Logan caught her arm, stopping her.
“Where’s your boyfriend, darling?”
---
“We hit the jackpot, Tess-baby!” Rogue exclaimed happily as she began filling the bags with money from the vault.
“And you said you hate big cities.” Sage joked.
“Ah can learn ta love them.” replied Rogue as she planted a kiss on a stack of money before placing it in the bag with the rest.
“Shit! Not again! Rogue, something’s interfering with our connection...”
“What?” Rogue asked, staring at nothing in particular as she listened carefully, “That’s impossible, Sage! You’re the freakin’ goddess of computers!”
“I know! I know! Someone’s managed to...SHIT!” The line went dead.
“Sage? Sage?” Rogue tapped at her earphones, “Tessa! Are ya still there?”
“Tessa’s temporarily disabled, ami.” Remy replied as he swung down from the ceiling, bo staff in hand.
Rogue stood abruptly to glare at the imposter with disgust, “Who the hell are you?” She kicked the bags out of his reach just in case he tried anything.
Remy smirked at her action, “Remy ain’t here for those, chere.” He cocked his head to the side and took in her appearance, “You like leather, non? How about you go back out dere and tell your little partner to release dem people?”
Rogue snorted indignantly, “Yeah...right. And how about ah just lay down and let ya take all the money too?”
“Dat’ll be nice too.” Remy grinned.
Rogue decided that she did not like this guy. He was way too cocky and arrogant. And that accent! Was he french? “Sugah, ya picked the wrong chick ta piss off.” She said, putting her fists up in preparation.
“Really?” Remy asked, not at all threatened by this woman, “By your accent Remy can tell you be a Southerner too. What brings a southern fille to big bad New York?”
“That’s it!” Rogue yelled, striking him in the face with her fist. His sunglasses were knocked off as he flew back into a wall.
Damn this fille can hit! For a petite body, she sure can pack a punch! Remy rubbed his jaw in pain as he slowly rose, “Dis isn’t Remy’s week at all.”
Rogue noticed a bruise under his left eye, smirking, she said, “Ah can tell. Ya must have such ah way with ladies!”
“What dis?” he asked, pointing to the bruise, “Non, dis came from a shorter, less attractive, angry little man.” He twirled his bo staff, “Usually Remy don’t hit women mais your pushing it, chere.”
“Oh, Ah’m shaking in mah leather boots!” Rogue teased, “Like some loser who talks in third person is gonna beat me.” She stopped, noticing his eyes for the first time, “Wait...what’s the deal with ya eyes? Freaky...”
“Let’s just say Remy’s a unique homie.” He smirked, pulling out a card from his trench. His hand and the card began to glow a bright pinkish-purple color.
“You’re a mutant too!” Rogue exclaimed. She glanced at the exit, hoping Logan would notice that she was taking a long time to get the money. She was sure she could take this guy by herself, but now that she knew he was a mutant too, she was insecure. If he was a mutant then his power could be anything.
---
“What do ya mean ya lost contact with her!” Logan yelled into his headset, several people stared at him in fear as he paced the floor.
“Don’t you think I feel bad enough, Logan?” Sage replied, “Go and check on her! I have a bad feeling...”
“Shit!” Logan looked around at all the frightened faces of the people before grabbing Jubilee, “Come on, you’re coming with me.”
“What?” Jubilee tried pulling out his grasp, but found it to be iron tight, “Ouch! You’re hurting me!”
Logan ignored her as he made his way to the back vault, his connection with Sage breaking as he entered the new room. He sniffed the air, smelling that familiar cologne. Not him again! Logan was relieved it wasn’t the police but more angered that the man came back to play. This time Logan was going to make sure he didn’t lose. If he touched my Marie, I swear to god-
“Logan!” Rogue called out, spotting him as he made his way inside.
Remy turned to see the darkly clad man, “Bonjour, ami. How nice of you to join de-“ Remy’s red on black eyes stopped on the struggling woman in the man’s arms.
Logan watched as the other man’s cocky grin vanished, his face becoming completely serious. He looked down at the girl to see her staring back at him with an emotionless expression. “You do know eachother!”
Remy looked back up at Logan, forcing a smirk, “Don’t know what you’re talkin’ about, mon ami. Never met de fille.”
“Oh really?” Logan smirked, putting a hand up to Jubilee’s face, “Cuz your mouth says things but the your eyes are telling me a whole different story, bub.”
“Let me go!” Jubilee yelled once more, “For the last time I don’t know this man! I came here with Leroy to-“
SNIKT!
Jubilee jerked back as three sharp claws were pointed directly in her face, “What...you’re...? You’re a mutant!”
Remy tried to prevent the fear from showing on his face. If this man knew that he was in any way connected to Jubilee, he’d use that against him. Remy had to think of something and he had to think quick. If he didn’t, something bad could happen to Jubilee. So he did the only rational thing that came to his mind.
Rogue stood by the vault, shocked that Logan actually brought out his claws to threaten a hostage. He only did that kind of thing when it was really necessary. Did he know this guy? If so, how? She was about to open her mouth to ask what was going on but her breath was taken away from her by a hit to the gut from Remy’s bo staff. She flew back into the vault, the huge metal door shutting, enclosing her in the little room.
“LET ME OUT!” She screamed, realizing what just happened. That damn sneaky jerk locked her in! She began banging at the hard cold metal of the vault door, cussing viciously.
Logan growled, staring at Remy with feral eyes, “Do you have a death wish, bub?”
“For de last time, let de fille go.” Remy muttered. His hand pressed against the vault door, a dangerous glow coming from it, “Or your little belle in dere is gonna get it.”
Logan pressed his claws more against Jubilee’s skin, causing her to squirm and Remy to grimace angrily.
“I don’t take easily to threats, bub! Especially if they involve my Marie!”
“Den if you care for ‘your Marie’ you will be de wiser man an’ do as I say.”
Jubilee was feeling uncomfortable as the sharp claws rested right beneath her chin, against her neck. Neither men were backing down. Stupid guys and their male pride! Did they not know other people lives were in danger here too? She began feeling sorry for the woman in the vault and the poor citizens in the other room who were waiting to just cash their checks and go home. She was even feeling sorry for Leroy!
“Enough, gosh!” She exclaimed as the two men continued to glare at eachother, “Rem, babe, I know what you’re trying to do...I don’t know if it’s working or not. All I know is there’s a woman in the vault screaming her lungs out, probably really pissed at you and I’m not exactly feeling safe here either!”
Remy broke the glare to look at her, “An’ what you expect me to do? De man has claws pointed at your neck, p’tite...wait a minute...YOU!”
Logan used his free hand to pull off his ski mask, revealing his face to Remy, “Now you remember me, Frenchy?”
“Remy’s Cajun, homie.” Remy corrected, staring daggers at the Canadian.
“Same shit...”
“Um...hello! Am I missing something here?” Jubilee asked in frustrated confusion, “Remy, who is this guy and how do you know him?”
The banging on the vault door stopped temporarily, “THAT’S WHAT AH WANNA KNOW!”
“Long story, Marie.” Logan answered. His hazel eyes watched Remy’s glowing gloved hand cautiously, he needed something to distract the man...“Love the mark I left under your eye, by the way.”
Remy chuckled wryly. So this man had jokes? He was ready to respond when he realized Logan had no marks at all, not even a scratch! “Impossible...!”
“Wait a damn moment!” Jubilee half-turned her head to glare at Logan, “You hit Remy? You did that to his eye and nose!” She turned to glare daggers at Remy, “You told me you got that from practicing with Scott!”
“No, he got it from being a damn thief!” Logan growled, remembering the low blow he received from the Cajun, “I bet you thought you killed me in that little blast.”
“Blast?” Jubilee asked.
“What blast?” yelled Rogue from inside the vault.
“And who do you think you are calling him the thief? Last time I checked you and your girlfriend over there were the ones robbing this bank!” Jubilee continued, not knowing if she was more angry at Logan or Remy for lying to her.
“Hello!” Rogue screamed as she banged on the vault door again. She didn’t notice the huge dents she was putting in it, “Are ya’ll forgetting someone?”
“Don’t worry, Marie, I’ll have you out soon. This Cajun’s gonna open that door if he knows what’s good for him.” Logan answered, glaring at Remy threateningly.
“D’accord, dis is just getting all frustrating!” Remy sighed, feeling a headache coming on, “Look, you just let my fille go an’ Remy’ll let yours out...den we handle it like gentlemen.”
“Fine,” Logan agreed, “but you first.”
“Oh come on!” Jubilee exclaimed, rolling her eyes, “You know what? How about us ‘filles’ help ourselves?” She sent sparks flying into Logan’s eyes, scorching and blinding him with her fireworks.
Logan growled out in pain then sent her flying towards Remy who swiftly caught her. He moved her aside before charging towards Logan, sending them both through the wall.
“That was a very sneaky attack, Remy!” Jubilee yelled to the two fighting guys in the next room, “Then again thieves never play clean so BEAT HIS ASS!”
“Logan?” Rogue asked, becoming concerned when she heard his cry of pain then a sudden crack of a wall breaking. She didn’t need x-ray vision or supersenses to know that he was being attacked. This did not settle good with her, “LOGAN! Ah’m coming, sugah!” She stepped back from the vault and kicked it hard. The vault door was sent flying past Jubilee.
“Crap!” Jubilee stared at the other woman in awe, “That can’t be good!”
Rogue ran out the vault to find Logan and his attacker, not noticing Jubilee was still in the room.
“Not so fast, chica!” Jubilee said, tripping Rogue with a low kick. She had to make sure this was going to be a fair fight for Remy, and if ‘superwoman’ helped out her man then it wouldn’t be.
Rogue landed on the floor face first, groaning. Turning her head, she glared at the woman behind her, “Bad idea, hon. You have no idea who you’re messing with.”
Jubilee’s hands began glowing, “One pissed off southerner?”
Rogue examined the sparks, realizing her and Logan were just conned. This woman pretended to be a helpless hostage! That little sneak! “Bingo!” She quickly got up and charged after Jubilee, dodging the sparks that was being blasted at her.
She managed to get Jubilee to the floor, grateful for her clothing that covered her whole body. Jubilee grunted, using her legs to flip Rogue over.
“Let’s see what you got!” Jubilee said. She clenched her hand into a fist, prepared to hit her.
“Ya asked for it!” Rogue exclaimed, throwing her off her like a little rag doll. She watched Jubilee fly towards a wall, expecting the young Asian to break into pieces once she hit it. Instead Jubilee turned in midair, kicking herself away from the wall before landing with cat-like grace on the floor.
Rogue gave her an astonished look, “Acrobatics?”
“Gymnastics.” Jubilee responded.
“Nice.”
“Thanks.”
They charged towards eachother once more, grabbing at eachother before falling to the floor once more. They rolled around, punching and kicking before they both pulled off some material that caused them to stop.
Rogue, who was now on top, examined the blonde wig in her gloved hands, “What the-?”
Jubilee looked up at the now unmasked woman, clenching the ski mask in her fist, “Rogue?” she asked, remembering her ‘friend’.
“Jubilee?” Rogue asked back, shocked that she was attacking the woman that she was praising to Logan about the other day, “Wha-“
“You’re a-?”
Rogue quickly got off her and extended a hand to help her up, Jubilee took it graciously.
“You’re a bank robber?” Jubilee asked, ignoring the crashing sounds coming from the next room.
“Well...yeah.” Rogue answered, “And your ah...”
“Con artist and thief.” Jubilee said, shrugging alittle as she gave her a proud smile, “This is awkward, huh?”
“Very.” Rogue agreed. There was a huge blast then several screams.
Jubilee and Rogue turned to watch smoke enter the room from the doorway.
“What was that?” Rogue asked, running towards the doorway. She waved the smoke out of her face, squinting her eyes to find Logan.
“Remy...” Jubilee answered, “SHIT! Remy!” She grabbed Rogue and ran into the next room where the men were still attacking eachother, nearly tearing the place apart.
“We are in so much trouble.” Rogue sighed, looking at the condition of the bank.
“Rogue? Are you ok?” Sage asked, Rogue’s earpiece coming back on.
“Tessa? Ya working again?” Rogue asked, holding her ear.
“Yes, but that is not a good thing. The cop’s are on their way!” Sage answered, “You and Logan better get out...what the hell’s going on in there?”
Jubilee felt her phone vibrating. She quickly picked it up, “Hello?”
“Jubes, you ok? The bank’s on the news! The cops are there!” Kitty yelled, “What is Remy doing to that building?”
“Redecorating.” Jubilee answered, eying the debris, “ok, we’re leaving now...just let me get Remy.”
“Ok, be careful.” Kitty replied, hanging up the phone.
Jubilee sighed, glancing at Rogue.
“Ah know.” Rogue said, understanding Jubilee’s concern, “but how do we get their attention? When Logan’s in rage mode it takes more then me calling his name ta get his attention.”
“Same with Remy...” Jubilee thought a moment, “I got an idea! You might wanna cover your ears.” Rogue did as she said, knowing it was better not to ask questions.
Jubilee raised her arms in the air, sending ear deafening fireworks towards the ceiling.
Logan was about to hit Remy once more before the painful sound hit his sensitive ears, “FUCK!” he growled, holding his ears.
Remy did the same, glancing in the direction of the sound. He spotted Jubilee standing next to the woman that was in the vault. Jubilee no longer had her wig and the other woman didn’t have her mask on.
“Don’t ask questions, just come on!” Jubilee yelled, hearing sirens in the distance.
“But-“
“NOW!” The women shouted in unison. They turned to run to the backroom.
Logan and Remy glanced at eachother once more before following them.