X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ The Anniversary Present ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3:The Anniversary Presents
“I'm mashin the gas, she's grabbin the wheel, it's true to the heart
She rides with me - the new Bobby and Whitney
Only time we don't speak is during "Sex and the City"
She gets Carrie fever, but soon as the show is over
She's right back to being my soldier
Cuz mami's a rider, and I'm a roller
Put us together, how they gon' stop both us?”
-‘03 Bonnie and Clyde, Jay-Z
---
Remy leaned back in his chair, feet on the desk that was scattered with thousands of bills and diamonds. He licked his finger and began separating the money as he counted it. He was doing a great job keeping the numbers in his head until a noise in the front room caught his attention.
“P’tite?” He asked, stopping his task to stare at the doorway cautiously.
“It’s me!” He heard her jubilated voice boom from the other room. Jubilee practically ran into the room before giving Remy a brief hug, “Did Kitty call?” she asked, making her way to the refrigerator.
Remy gazed at her in confusion, wondering what she was so happy about, “Um...oui...Pussycat called. She jest sed to call her back later...why you so happy?”
Jubilee shrugged as she tossed him a beer before digging back in the refrigerator to get herself a soda.
He swiftly caught the beer, placing it on the desk before he continued to glare at her, “Jubilation...”
Jubilee sighed, closing the refrigerator door before she leaned against it. The coolness from it seeping through her thin shirt. “You’re gonna get mad at me...” she said, looking down at her can with guilt.
Remy sat up in his chair becoming worried about his girlfriend’s behavior, “What? What is it, Jubilee? Are you ok? Did someone hurt you?”
Jubilee smirked as he examined her for anything that could be considered bodily harm, “No, I’m fine...it’s just I met someone...”
Remy’s eyes widened as he pulled out a card, kinetically charging it threateningly, “Jest give Remy de name and social security number of de person. Dat’s all I need.”
“No!” Jubilee moved forward to grab the card from him, the purplish glow going away, “I really like this girl, Remy! She’s really cool!”
“Remy don’t give a fuck if she’s...wait, did you say ‘she’? As in ‘fille’?” He asked, his anger melting away into relief.
“Duh! What did you think I was talking about?”
Remy shrugged before leaning back in his chair comfortably, “Nothin’. So...is she hot?”
“Remy!” Jubilee exclaimed, taking off her little yellow trench to throw at him, “I am so not telling you!”
Remy chuckled as he caught the trench with on hand, “You know Remy’s jest playing, p’tite! You know you’re de only one for dis thief.”
“I know!” Jubilee grinned, moving behind him to wrap her arms lovingly around his neck, “Can I invite her and her boyfriend over for dinner sometime?”
Remy snorted, patting her arm, “Oui, an’ we can sit dem right dere next to de shelf of knives and AK-47s. Or mebbe we can let dem count our stolen money an’ diamonds. Sounds tres bien, chere!”
Jubilee rolled her eyes, moving to sit in the chair across from him. Sighing, she laid her head down on the desk with a puppy dog look.
“Don’t be like dat, ma p’tite!” Remy said, feeling bad, “You know we can’t afford friends wit the kind of stuff we do.”
“I know, I know!” She sighed and threw her hands in the air, “Well at least I’ll get to see her one last time.”
“What you mean?”
“She asked me if I knew where any good banks were at.” Jubilee explained, grabbing some money to stack into a neat pile, “She said her and her man just moved here and she needed a good bank that she could trust. I told her about the bank that one old guy...what’s his name?”
“De one you met at de museum?” Remy asked, shrugging. He really didn’t care about the names of the men they were going to con, “Mr. Kennedy or somethin’ like dat. Like Remy cares.”
Jubilee smirked, “Green’s not a good color on you! Anyways, I told her about that bank. Seems pretty safe there, and they have most of the business in this city.”
Remy began thinking about what she said, “We should rob dat place someday.” he said, before returning to his task.
---
PUNCH! PUNCH! PUNCH!
Rogue entered hers and Logan’s new hideout, holding handfuls of shopping bags.
Logan continued hitting the punching bag, a tall really built man holding it still for him. Rogue only glanced in his direction with a smirk before throwing her things onto the old couch.
Hearing her footsteps and immediately recognizing her smell, Logan stopped to look behind him at an awkwardly happy Rogue. Wiping the sweat from his forehead he asked, “I see you’re in a happier mood, darlin’. Told ya all you needed was a shopping spree.”
Rogue shrugged, grinning wider as she moved forward to get a better look at the man holding the punching bag still for Logan, “Is that-? PIOTR! YOU MADE IT!” Forgetting about her shopping spree and her talk with Jubilee for a second, Rogue threw herself into the arms of the very huge -yet gentle- Piotr Rasputin.
“Da, Rogue! I told you I’d be up here soon so you guys can get straight to work. Sage is here too...but she’s busy with some things.” Piotr responded, squeezing her lightly.
“Sage too?” Rogue asked excited that their old crew was coming back together.
Logan and Rogue met Piotr while traveling around in Canada. They stopped by a tough club where mostly truckers and bikers hung out. The place was known for it’s “rough nights” and rowdiness, but it only had one bodyguard to break up the many fights. Piotr Rasputin. He was more then intimidating, even Logan thought twice before facing the huge Russian. His mind was completely made up to stop fighting when Piotr told him to after seeing him turn to solid metal. Logan knew he’d heal from whatever shot Piotr would give him, but he also knew it would hurt like hell.
Rogue knew Piotr was a sweet guy, every other guy was intimidated by him but when she found out she could actually touch him without draining his powers or energy, she formed a bond with him. Piotr actually drew a portrait of the couple, calling them the “Bonnie and Clyde of Canada.” On the days when Rogue had nothing to do, she would go through Piotr’s sketch book and admire all the pictures and drawings in there, wishing she could draw.
Piotr decided to join the duo after a huge heist they did in a small town. Logan and Rogue agreed, seeing that they could use a strong guy like him to help them with their robberies.
“Da, she immediately went straight to find a computer place. She said she needed knew technology. That woman and her computers!” Piotr laughed, glancing at Logan, “I told you to set up a lab once you got here.”
“How was I suppose to know Sage was a huge nerd?” Logan asked.
“Geez, sugah, Ah don’t know...does the term ‘human computer’ mean anything ta ya?” Rogue asked, smirking as she made her way back to the old couch, “Ah got good news!”
“If it’s that ‘I just saved money on my car insurance by switching to Geico’ shit then I don’t wanna hear it.” Logan replied, turning back to punch continuously at the bag.
Rogue laughed at Logan’s smart remark, “Ah met ah girl and she told me where there was a nice bank at!”
“That’s great!” Piotr exclaimed, letting go of the punching bag. Logan punched it, not noticing Piotr let it go, causing the bag to fly off the ceiling and hit the Russian in the back.
“Oops, sorry, Petey.” Logan said before turning his attention to Rogue who was carelessly examining her new clothes, “Backtrack, Marie. You met a girl?”
Rogue gasped in excitement, remembering Jubilee, “Oh mah gawd, Logan! Ah thought this place was full of idiots and rude city folks but this Jubilee girl was great! Her and ah have so much in common! We talked a lot and-“
“Marie,” Logan interrupted, his voice disapproving, “Remember that dog you found and kept in Quebec?”
Rogue stopped her rambling to remember her beloved German Shepherd, Honey. “Yeah,” she said, “What about her?”
“Well, darling, remember the shoot-out we had later that week with the local police?”
Piotr chuckled again, picking up his cell to dial Sage’s number to inform her about Rogue’s new findings, “Da! Poor men didn’t stand a chance.”
“Yeah...” Rogue replied, looking back and forth at the two men. She was wondering what Logan was trying to get at. What did her dog have to do with Jubilee?
“I always told you you had a thing for taking in strays.” Logan muttered before continuing his story, “Well...what was that damn dog’s name?”
“Honey!” Rogue exclaimed, appalled he forgot.
Logan smirked, “Yeah, Honey...sorry. Anyways that damn dog didn’t run away.”
“What?” Rogue sat up straight in the couch to gaze incredulously at him, “Ya’ll told me that Honey escaped while ah was shooting at the cops!”
Logan shook his head, “Honey got shot, darling. Honey’s dead.”
“Oh mah gawd, Logan! Why are ya telling me this now!” Rogue yelled, feeling tears come to her eyes.
“Because,” Logan replied, taking a seat next to her, “I didn’t wanna upset you, baby. Now think of this knew girl ‘pal’ of yours as Honey. Do you want her to get gunned down by many New York police officers?”
Many?” Rogue cried out, picturing her poor German Shepherd being killed by many bullets.
“Smart, Logan.” Piotr muttered into the cell phone, “No! Not you, Sage. I was just telling Logan he’s an idiot for causing Rogue to cry on the day before their you-know-what...yeah...no...you remember Honey?...yeah! The one the cops’ killed...” Piotr turned away and lowered his tone as he noticed Rogue staring at him in shock.
“Anyways, Marie.” Logan continued, his eyes filled with sympathy, “It’s best you didn’t make ‘friends’, got it?”
“But-“
“Marie.” Logan said, slightly shaking his head.
Rogue sighed, “Fine.”
Logan lifted up her chin lovingly, “Good. Now about this bank?”
---
12: 00 Midnight
“Shit!” Logan muttered softly as he almost tricked off an alarm. After sneaking out of their hide-out (only Piotr and Sage knowing of the solo robbery he was doing tonight) Logan made his way to a jewelry store that he heard so many people talk about on the streets. It had a big sapphire in the showcase window and plenty of other treasures in the actual store. Logan was only concerned about that sapphire. Rogue had plenty of diamonds, but that big sapphire would make ‘his Marie’ more then happy. Especially after she found out the truth about her beloved Honey. To be honest, Logan hated that dog. It always growled at him and bit him if he came too close to Rogue.
Breaking out of his thoughts to gaze determinedly at the huge jewel, Logan glanced around at the power box that was keeping the lasers on.
“Sage?” He whispered into his headphone, “What’s taking so long?”
“Are you implying that I am a slow system hacker, Logan?” replied Sage in a voice that was both threatening and offended.
“Not at all, darling.” Logan smirked, “I’d just like to hurry up and get outta this damn place before Marie wakes to find me gone.”
He heard the woman snort indignantly, “If Rogue hasn’t realized your hairy adamantium butt missing by now then she must be one deep sleeper.”
“Don’t start with me, Tessa!” Logan replied, “I don’t care if you are skilled in fighting, me and you will go round 2!”
“Bring it, Wolverine!” Sage replied teasingly, “And don’t call me Tessa!”
Logan smirked as the lasers immediately turned off. “There you go, darling. That wasn’t so bad was it?”
“...”
“Sage?”
“...Loga n...? Are you there, Logan?...I cannot hear you...I repeat: I cannot hear you...the line’s gone staticy!...”
“Sage?” No response. The line went dead as a quick sharp noise coming from the other end. “Fuck!” Logan quickly pulled the phone out of his ear, throwing it across the room in pain. He massaged his sensitive ears, glancing around the dark room cautiously. He could’ve swore he heard a noise.
Sniffing the air, Logan knew he was no longer alone. How the hell did this other person manage to get in without him hearing them enter? Am I getting that rusty? Logan thought as he extracted his claws with a quick SNIKT!
THUMP!
Logan quickly turned to find a taller, leaner man with glowing red eyes behind him. He had cocky grin as he twirled a bo staff in one of his gloved hands.
“Bonjour, mon ami!” He greeted right before sending Logan flying into a case of glass with one hit from his bo staff.
“Motherfucker!” Logan growled, getting up as the other man made a dash for the sapphire. “Look, Frenchie! I don’t know who the fuck you think you are but I believe I was here first!” Reaching behind his back, Logan pulled out a huge shard of glass from his back. Fuck! Now my blood’s on it! The cops can track me down!
Remy ignored the growling Canadian as he smirked at the huge sapphire in his hand, “Got it, Pussycat. Good job on messing wit de alarm system.”
“Thanks, Remy! And stop calling me that! It’s Kitty! Not Pussycat!” replied a woman on the other line of his headset.
“Hey, bub! I’m talking to you!” Logan shouted, stalking towards the taller man that was ignoring him.
Remy turned to examine the shorter guy, “Sorry, mon ami, mais Gambit needs dis sapphire. It’s de color of his petite’s eyes an’ tomorrow be our anniversary. Au revior!”
“Au revior, my ass!” Logan growled, retracting his claws to punch the man known as Gambit.
Remy groaned, feeling his nose begin to bleed, “What de hell? Your fists made out of metal? Merde!” he held his nose as blood began pouring out. Great, now Jubilation will notice and ask questions!
“It’s all adamantium, bub.” Logan smirked before snatching the sapphire from his hand.
“All?” Remy asked before hitting Logan between the legs with his bo staff.
Logan gasped a crumbled to his knees in pain, healing factor or not that was the worst pain Logan ever felt. Even men with adamantium skeletons had a weakness.
“Gambit thought so.” Smirking, Remy got up and retrieved the jewel back.
“Are you ok, Remy? I hear a lot of commotion?” Kitty asked in concern.
“Gambit’s always fine-Merde!” Remy quickly dodged Logan’s claws as they nearly cut him across the chest, scratching his armor.
“You’re a quick little fucker aren’t you?”
“Oui!” Remy quickly pulled out a card, handing it to Logan who grabbed it out of instinct, “Now hold dis for Gambit while he escapes! Salut, it was nice meeting you!”
“You ain’t going anywhere, Frenchie!” Logan growled before realizing that the card was glowing, “What the-“ He quickly tossed it, causing a big explosion in the store.
Throwing several debris off himself, Logan grunted as he heard several police alarms in the distance. “This means war, bub.” He got off the ground, his wounds healing from the explosion, “Motherfucker took my sapphire! That damn thief!”
---
A/N: Piotr is immune to Rogue’s powers for those who did not know. Sage (Tessa Niles) and Colossus (Piotr Rasputin) are on team ‘Rogan’ (lol, reminds me of Team Jolie and Team Aniston) while Remilee (made it up) have Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) to help them hack into system. They also have more people to their team that will show up in future chapters.
Next Chapter: The two couples meet!