X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The Mutant Bonnies and Clydes ❯ Material Girls ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2: Material Girls
“And so I put this on my life
Nobody or nothing will ever come between us
And I promise I'll give my life
and all of my trust if you was my boyfriend”
-‘03 Bonnie and Clyde, Beyonce
---
“Ah hate big cities.” Rogue complained. She gazed out the window of the taxi as it came to a stop, dozens of New Yorkers walking by as they went about their daily life.
“Big cities are where the big money is, darlin’.” Logan replied, knowing Rogue could care less about the ‘big money’. She was perfectly happy robbing bars and banks in small towns. Reaching into his tight denim jeans, he pulled out money to pay the driver.
“And the Harley?” She asked, lowering her sunglasses to get a better view of the crowds that passed their taxi, “Ah loved that bike, Logan!”
Sensing her depression, he took her gloved hand in his, “I promise to buy you a new one...a faster one.”
She turned to smirk at him, “Really?” Rogue threw her arms around his neck, embracing him lovingly. She knew he’d never lie to her. Who knows? Maybe robbing big banks will be more fun. The only problem was they had a bigger risk at being caught with all the technology big cities had these days. But Rogue wasn’t worried, they had Sage to help them in that department.
“Now come on, darling.” He grinned, his hand on the door handle, “Let’s make ourselves at home.”
---
“Mmmhmmm!” Jubilee moaned in her pillow. She felt the other side of the bed to find Remy wasn’t there. Opening one sapphire eye, she peered at the clock on the end table next to her. Twelve noon. Mumbling something about needing strong caffeine badly, she kicked the covers off her petite body and headed to the shower.
Hearing the soft sounds of the shower starting, Remy knew what time it was. 12 noon already? Merde, time flies. Shuffling his cards once more, he got up to begin making lunch since it was way past breakfast. Doesn’t matter anyways, Jubilee was never up in time to eat breakfast. He liked to personally thank himself for that, but Jubilee would always roll her eyes, smile, and call him conceited.
Remy was about half way done with making lunch when he heard the shower turn off. He reached for two plates from the cupboards as Jubilee entered the kitchen, dressed in nothing but his shirt. Which was obviously too big on her.
“Good morning!” She exclaimed, hugging him from behind as she planted a quick kiss on the back of his neck.
“You mean ‘afternoon’, p’tite.” He corrected with a smirk. He couldn’t see it, but he knew she was doing her trademark ‘eye roll’.
“Not all of us can be early birds!” She replied before turning to have a seat at the table, “What you got planned for today?”
“Why?” Remy asked, eying her in curiosity before placing her plate infront of her. He grabbed his own and sat across from her as she shrugged.
“There’s this cool new gym opening up that I want to try.” She grabbed a knife, cutting her BLT sandwich into small squares, “I heard they have aerobics and I feel rusty. Ever since we’ve been traveling I haven’t had time to train in a decent gym.”
“If it’s a workout you want...”
“Don’t start!” She interrupted, shooting him a playful glare.
“Jest sayin’.” He smirked, “Mais if you wanna go den go ahead. Jest be careful to not talk to strangers.”
“Yes, I know. And I’ll look both ways before crossing the big bad streets of New York.” She replied sarcastically.
“You know what Remy means. You tend to make friends.”
“So what? I’m a friendly person! I can’t help it if everyone loves me!” She looked down innocently as she added, “Especially the rich old guys.”
Remy chuckled wryly as he pulled out a cigarette, “Keep it up, chere.”
“What?” She rose from her chair and leaned across the small table seductively, “If you need me, I’ll be in the bedroom...changing.” She took the cigarette out of his mouth and flicked it aside, “Smoking kills.”
He watched intently as she walked away to their room. Getting up, he decided he was no longer hungry for sandwiches.
---
The hate Rogue had for big cities still didn’t decrease as she made her way out a leather store. She needed new clothes, Logan had offered to come with her but she knew he hated shopping and she didn’t want him to pretend for her. He sucked at it anyways, she could always tell when he was bored.
“Ugh!” Rogue was roughly pushed to the side as several people made their way past her. Even though Logan helped her get more comfortable about being in crowds, she was still antsy about it. Something about people so close to her deadly skin still made her nervous. The only difference between then and now was now these people were actually touching her. She swore to herself that if another rude New Yorker pushed her again, she’d go trigger happy right then and there.
“Watch it, jerk!” Jubilee shouted as she was almost trampled as she stepped out the new gym. She spent two hours in the gymnasm, practicing her gymnastics. The man continued walking, ignoring the young Asian’s complaint. “Asshole.” She muttered, wiping the sweat off her forehead.
She continued walking down the street, the wind blowing through her short hair. Jubilee was glad that she wasn’t wearing a wig like she had to when she was conning men. She could easily be identified if she was ever caught due to the noticeable tattoo on the back on her neck.
Stopping infront of a jewelry shop, she spotted a huge sapphire that she just had to have. “Shit.” She muttered, remembering she didn’t bring a lot of money with her...then again she could always rob the place. Jubilee shook her head, thinking of the consequences. Someone can spot her or she could get caught. Plus Remy told her not to do a job alone, it was way too risky.
Jubilee continued to make her way down the street, bumping into someone accidentally on purpose.
“That’s it!” Rogue shouted, turning to see no one, “What the hell-?” She could’ve sworn someone bumped into her again.
Jubilee smiled triumphantly as she opened the wallet she swiped from the stranger. She then noticed a shiny silver thing on the sidewalk that seemed to fall off the person as they collided. Is that a-? Picking it up, Jubilee examined the dogtags, her good conscience coming in to play. Damn you, conscience! She had no idea why but she had a huge feeling that these tags were important to the woman.
“Hey!” Jubilee yelled, pushing her way past several people to the woman with the weird white streak in her hair, “You dropped this.”
Rogue eyed the Asian suspiciously, her unique blue eyes and short hair that reminded Rogue of Alyssa Milano’s hairstyle, before looking down at the two shiny metals, “Mah dogtags!” She grabbed them and held them to her chest like they were the most precious things in the world.
“...er...yeah. I found them.” Jubilee replied, watching the older woman in confusion. They were just dogtags, why was the woman getting so emotional? Noticing the woman’s huge tattoo through her see-through glove, Jubilee grinned, “Awesome tattoo, chica!” She reached out to touch it but Rogue backed away quickly.
“Uh...thanks.” Rogue replied, not knowing what to expect. She hasn’t met anyone this friendly to her in months.
Jubilee frowned briefly before an idea popped in her head. Grinning and turning around, she showed off her tattoo on the back of her neck, “It means eternity.”
Rogue moved forward with interest to stare at the girl’s amazing Chinese tattoo, “It’s beautiful.”
“Thanks!” Jubilee replied, beaming at her, “Why’s your dogtags say ‘Wolverine’?”
“Huh?” Rogue looked down at the metal she was still holding against her chest, “Oh these? They’re actually mah boyfriend’s...he gave them ta me.”
“Oh...for a minute there I thought you were one of those weird women who are practically in love with animals. I’m even more relieved to know that ain’t your name.” Jubilee giggled, realizing for the first time that she was actually doing what Remy told her not to do. Usually she listened to him, but there was something about this woman that interested her.
Rogue laughed, “Yeah, ah use ta get that a lot. Mah name’s Rogue.”
Jubilee gave her a weird expression, “Rogue? But your I.D. says Ana-“
Rogue quickly snatched her wallet out of the grasp of the other girl, “How did ya get this?”
Jubilee blushed, “Sorry...bad habit of mine I guess.”
“Mah name’s Rogue.” Rogue said once more, placing her wallet in her back pocket. She began wondering if she should trust this girl, “And you?”
“It’s Ki...” Jubilee stopped, going against everything in her body that told her not to tell this woman anything, “It’s Jubilee.”
“That’s ah silly name.”
“So is Rogue, chica.”
They stared at eachother in silence before breaking out in laughter, several New Yorkers looking at the two insane women laughing at nothing.
“Let’s go get something ta eat.” Rogue suggested, deciding she liked this girl.
“That’ll be great.”