Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Valentine's Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BAM!

"AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!"

Gaignun jumped as his older brother slammed open the door and screamed. "Junior-kun?"

The red-headed dynamo quickly ducked behind his taller brother. "Hide me!"

"Wha-"

"Gaignun-sama" Mary burst in, "Have you seen Chibi-sama anywhere?" She looked like she had been running a lot, out of breath and flushed.

Deciding discretion was the better part of valor (especially when his fellow URTV was threatening to shoot him if he gave away his position) he quickly shook his head.

"No?" she pouted. "Well if you do see him, call either me or Shelley immediately. There's something we want to show him."

He waited a few seconds after she left then swirled around to stare at Jr. "Want to tell me what that was all about?"

Junior was obviously rattled; he kept shifting his feet around, loading and unloading one of his pistols. "Do you have any idea what day it is?"

"Tuesday" Bright blue eyes skewered him. "February 14th. Valentine's Day, of course."

"Do you know what that means?!?"

Yes he did. It meant that every woman (and some of the men) in the Kukai Foundation would be sending a package of chocolate to one of the two Directors. Not to mention half of the ones on Second Militia as well. And God knows how many from elsewhere in the Federation. "Yes, it means our mail processors get overtime and hazard pay all this week."

"Forget the mail people!"

Why was Junior getting so worked up about this? It wasn't as if he was going through all those packages himself; and even then, most of them were for Gaignun, not his 'illegitimate son'. The only ones he might receive in person were from Mary and Shelley and the staff of the Durandal . . .

The staff of the Durandal was composed of several hundred 100-series Realians, all of whom were based on Sakura Mizrahi. Several hundred people and each had a severe crush on the 'younger' member of the Kukai family. And none of them would even consider sending something that important through normal channels. They would all be quite insistent about presenting their gifts in person, possibly en masse. No wonder Junior looked as if the hounds of Hell (or maybe just Albedo) were chasing after him. "Okay, you can stay here."

"Thank you!" Gaignun couldn't remember the last time the hothead had looked so grateful. "What can I do to help?"

"Hmm, could you open that box over there? The one from Vector."

"This? What's inside?"

"I don't know. Wilhelm sent a message, said it was an experimental product and wanted my opinion on it." Junior quickly typed in the security code and opened it. His eyes widened and then he laughed. "What?"

"I don't believe this!"

"Junior! Just bring it over here." The younger looking URTV finally managed to stifle his laughter and brought the box over, dropping it right in front of Gaignun.

Inside was a giant chocolate kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

OMAKE

NSU: If Wilhelm had really wanted to screw with their minds, he would have sent it under the name Helmer.

Wilhelm: I actually considered doing that.

NSU: What stopped you?

W: Redundancy. Helmer's going to send his own . . . on White Day.

NSU: . . . Wilhelm, this is all your fault.

W: My fault? Why is that?

NSU: Everything is your fault in the Xenosaga universe. Shion, KOS-MOS, the Testaments, shall I go on?

W: On the contrary, I'm not responsible for any of that.

NSU: Oh? Then who is?

W: Mizrahi, of course. He even created my Compass of Order.

NSU: . . . Unbelievable. -_-

W: ^_^