XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Watanuki ❯ Chibi Watanuki chapters 1 - 4 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own XXXHolic, CLAMP does.
Summary: What will happen to Watanuki when he turns chibi? And what's this? Doumeki has to look after him until he turns back!
Pairings: DoumekixWatanuki
Warnings: possible yaoi / shonen - ai (boy x boy) content, language, possibly very minor violence and possible OOC
Inspired By: When Chibi's Attack by chaosbfly (Awesome story XD) (on Fanfiction (dot) net)
Authors Note: I have already posted this story on Fanfiction (dot) net and I haven't had a chance to update that story for a while so I figured I would edit and post the first four chappies as one chappie and edit what I have written to post here to refresh my memory XP Let me know if you guys find anything wrong or to improve upon this is the my first story so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
 
 
Why does Yuko-san have so much stuff back here! Watanuki thinks as he moves yet another box out of Yuko's so called treasured items out to the front yard so that he can once again clean out the back room. He places the box in a corner of the carpet he placed onto the front lawn to prevent the items from becoming even dirtier. How does she manage to fit so much stuff into that one room! Watanuki thinks while stretching his arms out above his head.
 
 
“Hey, Watanuki - kun!” Mokona screams as he jumps down upon head “We need more sake!”
 
 
“WHY DON'T YOU GO GET IT YOURSELF!” Watanuki screams but stalks off to the kitchen to find some anyway. Mokona jumps off his head and goes over to Yuko.
 
 
“Watanuki - kun don't forget to bring some out for me to!” Yuko says from her chair on the porch and Maru and Moro are sitting on either side of her. “Don't forget to bring Yuko - sama's sake too Watanuki - kun!” They shout in unison.
 
 
“WHY MUST YOU DRINK SO MUCH ALCOHOL! YOU BETTER NOT EXPECT ME TO BUY YOUR HANGOVER MEDICINE IN THE MORNING! Watanuki screams from the kitchen.
 
 
“YOU TYRANT!” Yuko screams from her chair. “Tyrant! Tyrant!” Maru and Moru say repeat.
 
 
Watanuki stalks out of the kitchen and into the back room to see if any sake hidden back there. Why does she have to do this to me every single day! Watanuki thinks with a scowl on his face as he scans the shelves for bottles of sake. Oh, there's one! Watanuki reaches for the bottle that is located on one of the top shelves. He strains to reach it, and just as he grabs the bottle he trips.
“HUH!” Watanuki says as he falls down and the bottle flies out of his hand and lands on his head cracking open. Watanuki vanishes into a puff of smoke.
 
Yuko hears the scream and goes to the back room to find Watanuki covered in the so-called sake and burst out laughing. Watanuki blinks and stares at her for a second before screaming “WHAT THE HELL IS SO FUNNY!”
 
 
Yuko points to a conveniently placed mirror right beside him. Watanuki turns to look in the mirror and his mouth drops and a shocked expression places itself upon his face. What the heck! Is the only thought that runs through his head as he finds a miniature version of himself staring back at him in the mirror.
 
 
Moro, Maru, and Mokona rush into the room upon hearing Yuko's laughter and soon they are all laughing. Watanuki, finally getting over his shock, shouts “YUKO-SAN, WHAT THE HECK WAS IN THAT BOTTLE?!”
 
“A potion a person gave me as payment for a wish” Yuko says as she wipes tears of laughter off her cheeks and gasps for air as she tries to stop laughing. “It turns the user into a chibi.”
 
“WHAT! HOW CAN YOU TURN BACK!” Watanuki shouts again.
 
“Calm down Watanuki, it wears off eventually” Yuko says and Moro and Maru repeat “Calm down Watanuki!” in the background.
 
“How long does it last exactly” Watanuki says talking in a weary tone.
 
“Anywhere from a week to a month” Yuko says.
 
“A MONTH!” Watanuki screams back in hyper mode again.
 
“It's not the end of the world Watanuki, just be grateful you're on summer break right now. I'm the one who should be complaining, who's going to cook and bring me my sake while you're like this.” Yuko says a hint of a pout in her voice. “Now the question is who is going to look after you until you change back? Oh! How about Doumeki! Maru, Moro go call Doumeki and tell him he is needed here!”
 
“Yes, Yuko - sama!” They reply as they head off toward the phone.
 
“I REFUSE TO HAVE TO BE LOOKED AFTER! ESPECIALLY BY THAT JERK!” Watanuki shouts angrily.
 
Yuko ignores his protests and continues talking. “Don't forget to thank Doumeki for taking care of you when you turn back! And I will put the price of my services on your tab!” Yuko says smiling.
 
“AT THIS RATE I'M NEVER GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE! AND I STILL REFUSE TO GO STAY WITH THAT JERK!” Watanuki says shaking one fist angrily in the air.
 
“Watanuki, time to go out to meet Doumeki!” Yuko says while picking him up and handing him over to Maru and Moro to bring outside, Mokona jumps onto his head. Watanuki struggles the whole time while shouting his protests to staying with Doumeki. Yuko follows them outside to the gate where Doumeki is waiting.
“Hello Doumeki -san!” Yuko says to Doumeki who is standing there with his usual calm expression. Yuko plucks a struggling Watanuki from Moro's arms (because Moro and Maru cannot walk out past the front gate) and holds him up in front of Doumeki.
 
 
“YUKO-SAN PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!” Watanuki screams trying desperately to escape in vain.
 
“Doumeki - san I need you to keep an eye on Watanuki - kun for a while as he obviously cannot take care of himself at the moment.” Yuko says with a big grin on her face. “Of course when Watanuki - kun turns back he will pay you a fair price for your help, right Watanuki -kun?”
 
 
“WHAT, I DID NOT ASK FOR ANY HELP!” Watanuki shouts and then crosses his arms and looks away finally realizing how futile his efforts are.
 
“So what about it Doumeki -san?” Yuko says while already knowing the answer that would be given. Doumeki nods and Yuko hands over Watanuki to him.
 
“YUKO-SAN WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING! DOUMEKI PUT ME DOWN!” Watanuki screams and a light blush makes its way across his face as Doumeki holds onto him with one arm choosing to use his other hand to place a finger in his ear to plug out the sound of Watanuki's shouting.
 
“Oi, shout up.” Doumeki says while maintaining that calm look on his face.
 
“MY NAME IS NOT OI!” Watanuki shouts back. `Does he ever run out of energy' Doumeki thinks as he turns and starts to walk toward the temple where he lives.
 
“See you later Doumeki -san, Watanuki -kun!” Yuko yells after them as she turns to go back into her shop.
 
Doumeki takes his finger out of his ear and waves to her as he walks around the corner. Watanuki glares at the ground, the blush not having left his face, as Doumeki continues walking.
Just as they are about to reach the temple they run across a group of girls who are returning home probably from a trip to the mall judging from the bags they were carrying. “AWWW, how cute!” They exclaim as they run over to Doumeki and Watanuki. Watanuki looks up and one girl pinches his cheek. “Is he your little brother?” One girl asks him.
 
“No.” Doumeki answers nonchalantly and keeps walking, the girls (there's three of them) keep walking beside him.
 
“If he's not your brother who is he? A cousin? Nephew?” Doumeki ignores them and continues walking while Watanuki tries his best to keep his impulse to shout at the girls under control. `I am not related to him dammit!' Watanuki thinks fuming. The girls persist asking over and over who he was. Finally Watanuki could take it no longer. Doumeki placed a finger in the ear nearest to Watanuki.
 
“I AM NOT RELATED TO THIS JERK!” Watanuki screams at the top of his lungs causing the girls to pause for a moment and Watanuki used the moment to catch his breath. Doumeki takes his finger out of his ear.
 
“Such a big mouth from such a little guy.” One girl remarks.
 
“Hey doesn't he look like that kid, what's his name, Watanuki -kun from our class?” another girl remarks.
 
“Yeah that's right, Doumeki - san must be looking after someone for Watanuki -kun, they do always hang out together those two and Himawari -chan!” The girls all nod deciding this is what the case must be.
 
“You're so nice Doumeki -san, looking after him for Watanuki - kun!” the girls exclaim as they walk away smiling and leaving one extremely angry and irritated Watanuki. `I am not friends with this jerk and I would never trust him to look after anyone!' Watanuki thinks with a scowl on his face. They have now finally made it up to the temple and Doumeki walks up in through the front door.
 
“I'm home,” Doumeki says as he places Watanuki down and takes off his shoes. Watanuki sits down and takes off his shoes as well.
 
“Hello Shizuka!” Doumeki's mother peeks around the corner of the kitchen that is located a little ways from the entrance. “What did you go out for?” She asks and then looks down and notices Watanuki for the first time. “And who is this dear?” she says to Doumeki a smile placing itself upon her face.
 
“Yuko - san asked if he could stay here for a while,” Doumeki says to his mother.
 
“Why of course he can!” She says to Doumeki and then turns to talk to Watanuki. “And what would your name be dear?”
 
“Watanuki Kimihiro, nice to meet you,” Watanuki says while standing up and giving a slight bow.
 
“Nice to meet you too, Watanuki - chan it will a pleasure to have you here. My name is Akane.” She says politely to Watanuki and then turns back to Doumeki. “He can sleep in your room Shizuka, you have enough room in there and I would not feel comfortable with him having a room all by himself.” Doumeki nods and Watanuki starts desperately trying to convince her to change her choice of sleeping arrangements.
 
“No, please Akane -san I can sleep in a room by myself, I have my own room at my house, please don't make me share a room with him!” Watanuki says while pointing a finger in Doumeki's direction.
 
“Nonsense, you will be just fine sharing a room with Shizuka.” She says still smiling. “Shizuka you know where the extra futons are kept right?” She says and Doumeki responds with another nod.
 
“But…” Watanuki once again tries to compromise even while knowing it is useless.
 
“No buts, as I said before you will be just fine sharing a room with Shizuka and it would make me more comfortable to know you're not sleeping alone. Now go on with Shizuka so you can get settled in, dinner will be ready in an hour.” Akane says as she turns to go back into the kitchen to finish cooking. Doumeki is heading down the hallway towards his bedroom and Watanuki hesitatingly follows him. `Why do things keep going from bad to worse for me, why?!' Watanuki thinks as he walks down the hallway.
 
Doumeki's room is all the way at the end of the hallway on the right. Watanuki is still sulking down the hallway as Doumeki opens the door to his bedroom leaving it open so that Watanuki can wander in. As Watanuki enters the room he finds Doumeki opening the closet on the other side of the room and pulling out a futon, a blanket, and a pillow and placing them on the floor. Watanuki watches as Doumeki finally wanders onto his own bed and pulls out a manga to read.
 
`Why is he so calm about this!' Watanuki fumes as he watches Doumeki while wandering over to set up his bed, and seeming to have trouble doing that. Doumeki looks up from his manga just in time to see the pile of blankets on top of the futon fall off and bury a screaming Watanuki. A slight smirk places itself upon Doumeki's face as he watches Watanuki struggle. He sets the manga aside, hops off the bed, and pulls Watanuki out of the pile of sheets. Watanuki looks fazed as he turns and glares up at Doumeki. “PUT ME DOWN!” Watanuki screams flustered and embarrassed at being caught in that situation.
 
Doumeki still has an amused look in his eyes that angers Watanuki even more and his face is beat red from embarrassment. “Oi, need help.” Doumeki asks which flusters Watanuki all the more as Doumeki sets him down.
 
“NO I DO NOT NEED HELP! AND MY NAME IS NOT OI!” Watanuki screams up at Doumeki who has put his fingers into his ears yet again as he walks over to his own bed to watch Watanuki attempt to set up the futon.
 
Watanuki looks at the futon and sheets and ponders how to make so that he would not drown in the sheets again. He pulls at the corner of the futon to unfold it and ends up slipping on the sheets and many attempts like this follow. Doumeki finally decides to get up once again and pulls Watanuki out the sheets he had once again gotten tangled in and places a once again flustered Watanuki and places him on the bed. Doumeki bends down and starts to fix up the futon. “Hey! What do you think you're doing I was handling it fine!” Watanuki yells at Doumeki.
 
Doumeki merely continues making the futon and trying to ignore Watanuki's protests. “Shizuka - san! Watanuki - chan! Dinners ready!” They hear Akane yelling out to them from down the hallway just as Doumeki finishes making the futon.
 
Doumeki stands up to leave and Watanuki stumbles off the bed because the bed is taller than he is. Doumeki watches and then leaves while once again leaving the door open for Watanuki to exit. Watanuki reluctantly follows Doumeki down the hallway and into the kitchen. Dinner is placed upon the table and Watanuki wanders over to the table and sits himself upon a mat, as does Doumeki just as Akane enters the room and sits down across from them. “Your father will be home late Shizuka as he is still working and told us to eat without him,” she then turns to Watanuki “You will meet him tomorrow okay?” She says to him smiling.
 
 
“Yes.” Watanuki replies politely and Doumeki nods as he starts putting food onto his plate.
 
“Then lets eat.” Akane says as she starts putting food onto her plate and Watanuki follows suit. A little ways into the meal Doumeki reaches over and snatches a piece of fried shrimp from his plate.
 
“Hey! Give that back you jerk!” Watanuki growls at Doumeki who ignores him and keeps on eating as Akane watches on amused.
 
“Oh, Watanuki - chan! Did you bring any luggage over for your stay, you can't stay in those clothes the entire time you're hear you know!” Akane says to Watanuki an amused smile on her face, as Watanuki pales realizing that all his clothes are now way too big for him.
 
“Um, no Akane - san.” He says slightly lowering his head. Akane merely continues to look amused.
 
“Guess it can't be helped then. Shizuka - kun can you go and fetch those kimonos you wore when you were younger so Watanuki - chan can borrow them after dinner?” Akane asks Doumeki as Watanuki's eyes grow wider and his head shoots up as he sees Doumeki nod and agree to her request.
 
“It's okay Akane - san really I can go out and buy some new clothes!” Watanuki pleads although he should have realized how stubborn she was by now.
 
“No I insist Watanuki - chan, you're not staying here for forever and buying new clothes would be a waste of money when we already have clothes available, and no I will not listen to any other pleas you may have.” Akane replies in a manner that means business.
 
Watanuki dreads what is in store for him as he remembers the girls' kimono he saw Doumeki wearing in the picture Doumeki's grandfather had given him. Doumeki smirks slightly before continuing to eat his meal. When the dinner ended Doumeki picked his dishes and was taking them to the sink and when Watanuki tried to follow suit but Akane stood up and took Watanuki's dishes from him and over to the sink. “Don't worry about that Watanuki - chan, you're not quite tall enough to reach the sink just yet.” She said while placing their dishes into the sink.
 
Watanuki leaves the kitchen depressed. `First I turn into a chibi, then I have to stay with Doumeki, then I have to stay in Doumeki's room, wear his old clothes and can't even take my dishes to the sink or properly lay out my futon.' Watanuki thinks as he once again sulks down the hallway following Doumeki.
Ending Note: That's the first four chappies, I am writing chapter five right now and will have it done soon. I am trying to make the chappie long to make up for the time I haven't updated X3