Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Anti Nostalgic ❯ Part 1, Chapter 2 (Hisoka) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Anti-Nostalgic (Hisoka, Chapter 2)

Author: Elf Asato

Pairings: Tsuzuki/Hisoka, Watari/Hisoka

Warnings: Shounen-ai, language, angst, OOC (ah…I always have a little difficulty with Tatsumi)

Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei belongs to the great Matsushita-sensei and if I butcher her name, it's out of love. Anti-Nostalgic is a song from Gravitation so that doesn't belong to me, either.

Story/Part Notes: The main perspective is Tatsumi's, if you don't want to bother picking things out in this novel of notes I've written…though, if you don't read them at all, you'll be very confused…probably.

Since this is the sequel to Sleepless Beauty, I thought it was only fitting to continue in the line of Gravitation song fics ^_^ Though I really liked the lyrics to Sleepless Beauty, I didn't think that the actual song and everything fit…so I wanted to pick out a Gravitation song that fit with the lyrics and everything…and eventually I picked Anti-Nostalgic! (Played in TV episode 3 ^_^) It's such a great song ^_^ And…and…and…they even say TSUZUKI in the lyrics!!!!!!!!!! See how perfect it is? ^_^ …The spacing of the lyrics, though…. I didn't like how I spaced the lyrics for Sleepless Beauty, so I took a good look at the lyrics and thought for a while. I realized that the different lyric groupings actually fit everyone's individual parts in the order that I intended them to be in! Whoo! Go me ^_^ Again, I'm going to have the translation in the story, but at the end of a part, I'll have the Japanese lyrics. So…go out and buy (read: download) the Gravitation TV tracks… ^_^

I don't know how long each part is actually going to be, but the whole thing is going to be long because basically everyone is telling the same course of events, but with different perspectives and whatnot. …I really hope it doesn't get boring, but I figured that this was the only way it could work the way I wanted it to. Besides, you'll get more insight on the different events that occur! …And I haven't found a story or fic that has a similar setup to this, so I'm a bit wary of doing it this way….

Italics are Hisoka's dream and what Hisoka/someone else was thinking/saying when it happened. Er, basically it's sort of the same thing…

==================== If you're confused, it's just little spiffers on the title/author thing and the ending notes….

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* Again, for more confusion, this just separates different scenes

*~@~* Okay, this is the little divider thingy for the perspectives. It may seem confusing, but if you pay attention and read this, then it won't be ^_^

MILESTONE - This is the first fic I've ever started writing that actually makes SENSE by having chapters make up a part instead of just having the parts by themselves. Rejoice in logic. I know. Wow.

Everything is written in first person and divided by perspectives…Tatsumi's being the main, but everyone else being little sub-perspectives? And in those little sub-perspectives, the same series of events is told…only from the different perspectives. Um…confusing…even for me. I really hope it'll become clearer as it progresses…. If you come across a fic or story with a similar setup, please tell me… I'm wondering how this'll turn out….

Chapter Notes: Oh, and remember, Hisoka is telling this to Tatsumi, so if he says "you" or something like that, he's referring to Tatsumi because that's who he's telling this to! (We're just listening… ^_^)

Enjoy!

====================

Anti-Nostalgic

By Elf Asato

====================

"Jerk," I mutter partly to myself in a sigh. "He's always like that…almost like a tease."

Kurosaki nods in agreement, "Always. You know, I'd like to know where I stand with him sometimes…."

"Exactly." For once, we've reached a common ground. "So…how was your empathy while you were in the city?"

He looks at me thoughtfully and admits, "…Actually, I don't remember. I don't think that was really my concern. You see…."

*~@~*

Hisoka

*~@~*

I could barely get out of bed the following morning, but Tsuzuki was up and quite chipper, excited about our touring in the city. His energy annoyed me and I tried to put up a barrier to block his insane happiness, but it eventually became of no use. He was genuinely happy just to be with me, which puzzled me further.

Sometimes I still think that everything would be easier if he just hated me.

He dragged me in and out of nearly every store in the entire damned city, but I didn't mind. Really, I didn't. It was fascinating watching his expressions and reading his emotions change with every store. He didn't care much for the clothes, but he lit up whenever we stopped in an antique store…and he was ecstatic whenever we were in a building that had food inside. Somehow, I found all that very intriguing, but a part of me grew sad with every store we stopped at. I knew I didn't know my partner fully, but I thought I had a grasp of the external things that influenced his emotions. The food was quite predictable, but I learned many things about him - like him liking antique shops but not caring for the clothes. Of course, it was quite the opposite for me. I found the food and antiques to be boring, but I liked the clothes in shops we stopped in.

It just reminded me of how far apart we really were.

By noon we were both exhausted, so we decided to have lunch at a small café to end our tourism for the day.

"I'm getting too old for this," he laughed as he set our shopping bags underneath the table.

You wouldn't believe how many sweets he bought at this one bakery….

We ordered our food and then chattered about our day as we waited for it to come. Apparently he liked these Tiffany lamps he saw, saying how you would really enjoy and appreciate them, but they were too expensive so he didn't buy them.

"I did get something for you, though."

"What?"

I had no recollection of him buying anything for me so I was surprised as he reached into one of the bags and pulled out a gift-wrapped box.

"I bought it and had it gift-wrapped while you were looking at those old books…I hope you like it!"

Sneaky bastard.

I hesitantly took the box from him and opened it slowly, trying to read him as I pretended to be interested in the wrapping paper. I couldn't sense anything out of the ordinary, except that I was opening it way too slow. I discarded the wrapping paper on the table and opened up the box, taking out the millions of tissues protecting whatever was inside.

A glass flower tinted a pale red orange at the petals.

Flowers are flowers to me, so I couldn't really tell what kind it was, but Tsuzuki supplied the answer for me.

"It's a glass marigold. Marigold is your birth flower, did you know that? I saw it and thought it just reallyfit you well. Marigolds keep away bad stuff, like bugs or whatever that harms plants. That's why you sometimes see marigolds in gardens, even though they smell kind of weird. …At first I wasn't going to get it for you because I didn't think you would like it…but I noticed that the tint on the petals is like the shade you get when you blush. I hope you like it."

I wanted to open up my mouth to say something, but I didn't know what would have come out. The gift was absolutely beautiful…and while staring at it, I think my cheeks did match the petals.

"…Thank you, Tsuzuki. I…I really love it. It's beautiful."

"It really does fit you well - your cheeks are the same color as the petals. It makes me happy that you enjoy it."

Carefully I put the flower back in its box and we chattered about the things we saw, what we liked, and what we didn't like until our food came. Tsuzuki cleaned his plate in, I think, two seconds flat…. The rest of the day was spent in our hotel room, lamenting on how crowded the swimming pool was. Someday, though, we'd spend the day there, we said.

When we started to unpack what we had bought in the city (I wouldn't let him eat everything in one sitting like he wanted), I took out the glass flower and Tsuzuki went down to the lobby to request a small vase. When he came back, he filled it with water and we put the glass flower in and set the whole thing on the small table in our room, staring at it and commenting on how beautiful a glass vase with water inside and a glass flower looked.

When I first yawned, it was nine that night and we both agreed that we were surprised to stay up that late. Shinigami or not, a long day like that tends to tire me out. We got ready for bed and the rest of the night went without incident, though I did have a dream about a field of marigolds.

====================

~End of Chapter 2, Part 1~

Yeah, I've decided to reverse the format…gotta keep in the line of making sense for once….

Sorry if it's a little short. Things tend to be a little easier to tell by day. I'm not saying there's going to be a chapter for every day of their vacation because next chapter is going to be quite a few days long.

The marigold part was kind of spur of the moment. I was trying to figure out what Tsuzuki could have gotten Hisoka…because that was kind of spur of the moment, too, and then I thought of how we both have the same birth flower! And what I said about them…I don't know if that's absolutely correct or not, but it's what my grandmother told me so I figure Ruka could have told him ^_^

About the thing about Tsuzuki liking antique shops…it would sort of make sense, right? Antiques are about a hundred years old and that's how old Tsuzuki is…so the things in there would have been from his time…so naturally he would be interested in them, right? …Or not… ^^;;

Random observation - the opening notes are huge…as always.

And there are no lyrics in this chapter, as you may have noticed….

====================