Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Corrupt Fruit ❯ Eda-Kimoto Connection ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Nineteen: Eda-Kimoto Connection:
"Anna, wait!" Tsuzuki yelled as he ran after her. "Come back!" Anna didn't stop and kept on walking.
"Anna, what's wrong?" he tried again. The shinigami managed to catch up to her when she stopped. She didn't speak with a cold look in her eyes that made him tremble. Tsuzuki lightly touched his girlfriend on the shoulder.
"Talk to me," he said. Anna clinched her fists.
"Twelve years old!" she said. "Twelve!"
"Yes," Tsuzuki said. Anna whipped around to him.
"That man is sick!" she cried. "How could he take advantage of an innocent girl like that?" Tsuzuki said nothing. Another storm was brewing before him.
"I know abuse victims deny their situation," she said. "But still…" Tsuzuki lightly held her shoulders.
"I know," he said in a low voice. She pushed his hands off of her.
"I want to hurt him!" she yelled.
"How?" he asked. Anna stared at as Tsuzuki waited until she was calmer.
"Tell me," he said. "What do you expect to do to her cousin right now?" Anna shook her head in frustration.
"Look," her boyfriend said. "I know you want to help, but there isn't much you can do at the moment."
"But I can't abandon her now!" she complained.
"Shhh, I know," Tsuzuki murmured.
"So what am I supposed to do?" his girlfriend asked.
"Calm down, first of all,” he told her. “Work through this case and then tend to her. Okay?" Anna only pouted at him as she let her shoulders slump.
"Fine," she muttered. Tsuzuki gave her a kind smile.
"I just don't want you to charge in without a plan, okay?" he said softly. She sneered at him.
"Whatever,” she muttered to herself. Her boyfriend put his arm around her.
"Very good,” he whispered, “We'll go back to Miyazaki's office and wait, okay?"
"Fine, fine," she mumbled, still frustrated. They headed back into the building.
In a computer lab across from the garden, someone took another picture of the couple. Miyazaki-sensei looked at the screen. He had a debt to pay off. Last week, he came into contact with Shichiro. The professor kept up his end of the bargain. Now, the counselor had to do the same. At first, he couldn't think of much to offer. Sweet cakes for the kitsune weren't enough anymore. Miyazaki-sensei wanted to offer up something meatier. When he spotted Anna in the school library with Watari, hello payday! He had been stalking Daisuke's daughter since then.
Miyazaki-sensei smiled at the phone screen. He just confiscated it from an OCD patient this morning. She played into his plan so perfectly. He's going to love this! the shriek thought. Miyazaki typed in Shichiro's number and hit send. He deleted the picture and shut off the pink and purple phone. Next was to avoid his office until they gave up for the day, but then that plan fell out of rhythm with a simple message.
Miyazaki-sensei happened to look down at his own phone when he felt it vibrate in his pocket. He sneered as he took a guess as to who it was. What does she want now? he thought. The counselor drew out his phone and unlocked the keys. One missed call came from Ogami Miyuki. Miyazaki rolled his eyes. She probably misses me in bed again, he thought. The women in his life just couldn't let go. Miyuki was turning into a liability to him. Maybe he could offer her to Shichiro's kitsune one day. However, he decided to play the message just to humor her. The doctor went to his voice mail and punched in his password. Miyazaki prepared for more lonely whining. Instead he heard this, "Baby, she's onto us; this is bad! Look out and please call me back!"
Dr. Miyazaki froze at those words. He had to play it again to be certain her heard it right. Oh great, that was two people he had to sacrifice to the kitsune. However, he couldn't act just yet. Shichiro hadn't given him the order to do so yet. The doctor clinched his teeth. This was not what he had in mind when a made a contract with the Eda-Kimoto clan. Yet, he didn't have a choice at the time. He just had to be a good little tool and follow orders.
Miyazaki recomposed himself. Right, he needed some lunch. He peeked out the door and looked around the hallway. When the coast revealed no one in sight, he simply left the computer lab. No one noticed a thing.