Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Halo ❯ Silence ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Nine: Silence:
-Tsuzuki’s Dream-
Kyoto, Japan. Tsuzuki awoke when cold water landed on his cheek. His eyes slowly fluttered open, but the bright lights nearly blinded him. He narrowed his eyes to look around.
Is this a…church? he thought.
“You’re finally awake, Tsuzuki-san,” a voice cooed that his blood run cold. Oh god!, he thought. Please don’t tell me… The shinigami slowly looked up to see Muraki’s face was inches from his. Tsuzuki flew into panic mode.
“M-Muraki!” he stammered out, “W-What are you doing here?!?” The doctor licked his lips at him.
“So beautiful,” he murmured like ice. His hand caressed his right cheek. “That’s why I love you so much,” the mad doctor cooed.
“What did you say?!?” Tsuzuki asked, backing away in disgust. Muraki smirked at him.
“This is why,” the mad doctor went on. He stood up and walked up to an altar. Tsuzuki watched as his heart went into panic. His beloved Anna was tied to a large silver cross dressed like a Japanese bride. Muraki had kidnapped her from Tokyo and brought her to Kyoto. Her body looked badly beaten, but she was still barely alive. Tsuzuki’s heart screamed in pain as Muraki walked up to the cross.
“I must make this sacrifice to you,” the doctor finished.
“What?!? Why?!?” he cried. Muraki pulled out a silver dagger.
“She gets in the way of the bond between us,” he replied. “She must be killed for it.”
“No!” Tsuzuki cried. “Let my Anna-chan go! I beg of you!”
“I’m sorry, Tsuzuki-san,” he said. “This is only way.” He raised the knife above his head. The shinigami watched on in horror.
“No! Stop it!” he cried. “No!” The doctor plunged the knife deep into her chest as if he was raping her. Tsuzuki watched on powerless as her blood soaked her kimono. The shinigami trembled and grabbed onto himself. The tears began to form in his eyes as he felt like dying inside.
“Anna-chan…” he whimpered. An enraged Muraki made his way to his prize.
-End of Dream-
Tsuzuki awoke with an icy sweat and looked around as he panted hard. Watari, Hisoka, and 003 were sound asleep in their futons. Anna-chan…, Tsuzuki thought as he trembled. The shinigami leapt out of his futon and hurried out to the renter house’s back porch. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed her number. The other line rang.
“Come on, pick up!” Tsuzuki mumbled. His heart pounded against his chest as he tried not to think of the worst.
“Hello?” Anna said on the other line. Tsuzuki breathed out in relief.
“Anna-chan,” he said. “Thank goodness!”
“What’s wrong, Asato-kun?” she asked.
“Are you okay?” he asked in a rushed whisper.
“Yes,” Anna said. “Why? What’s wrong?” Tsuzuki tried to calm down again.
“No reason,” he lied. “I just miss you.”
“Okay,” Anna said unconvinced.
“How was therapy?” her boyfriend asked.
“He’s referring me to his mentor in Kyoto,” the woman answered. Tsuzuki’s eyes widened at her words.
“To where?” he asked.
“Kyoto,” Anna repeated. Tsuzuki’s heart did a little flip.
“When?” he asked in an excited whisper.
“This afternoon,” Anna replied.
“Great!” Tsuzuki said quickly.
“Are you sure nothing’s wrong?” she asked.
“No,” he said.
“It’s just that something’s off in your tone,” she replied. Tsuzuki went quiet in discomfort.
“Am I that obvious?” he asked.
“You know how you can tell when I’m trying to hide my problems from you?” Anna asked.
“Yeah,” her boyfriend answered uneasily.
“Well, that works both ways now,” she told him.
“Oh,” the shinigami said quietly.
“We’ll talk when I get there today, alright?” his girlfriend asked calmly.
“Okay,” Tsuzuki mumbled with a nod.
“Love you,” Anna replied.
“Love you too,” Tsuzuki said back. Tsuzuki relaxed after they hung up together. Anna was fine, for now anyway. He knew Muraki too well; the doctor would slaughter a whole city just to possess the shinigami. Tsuzuki shut his eyes in dread. If Anna and Muraki crossed paths…, he thought/
“I think I’m going to sick,” Tsuzuki mumbled to himself. He held his phone to his chest. Anna-chan… the shinigami thought. The crack to his darkness had just broken again.