Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Halo ❯ Nocturia ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Ten: Nocturia:
Anna made it to Kyoto by afternoon. It felt the same as Tokyo as she looked around the subway station. So this is Kyoto, she thought. When she was twelve years old, Kato promised to take her here before she and Daisuke moved out. However, this was no time for sight-seeing; Anna had work to do. The woman reached into her shorts pocket and pulled out the address.
“Turtle street,” she read to herself. She had to see if this was a joke or not. Once she was certain, the woman went on. Anna walked most of the way there until she came to Kyoto Research Center. Same as Tokyo, then again, she had been to a shrink before. The woman went inside and went through the same procedure. The wait was shorter though.
In an hour, an older man who looked to be in his forties and well-dressed came out to the waiting room. He looked at his chart.
“Niwa Midori,” he called. Anna looked up.
“Right here,” she said. The doctor smiled at her.
“Right this way,” he said. The man went down the hall to his office and Anna followed behind. The doctor opened his door and went inside. Anna looked around the office. The room was standard-looking this time with a couch, desk, and two chairs were present. It felt like second nature to her. The doctor turned to her.
“Take a seat,” he said. Anna did so as if she already knew what was coming next. The doctor sat on the other side of the room and took out a notebook.
“Are you going to tape this session?” Anna asked. The man looked up at her.
“Do you want me to?” he asked. She shrugged at him.
“Just asking,” the woman replied.
“Only if you want,” he offered. Anna thought about it, but then she shook her head.
“Nah, let’s just go on,” she answered.
“You’ve done this before, haven’t you?” the therapist asked.
“Yes,” Anna said.
“Okay then, let’s start,” he spoke up, “My colleague told me about your dreams.”
“Yes,” she replied.
The doctor made his first notes as he raised an eyebrow at her; “Any major changes in your life to take place?”
Anna blushed as his question as Tsuzuki entered her mind. “Well, I have started a new relationship.”
The therapist looked intrigued, “Boyfriend or girlfriend?”
“Boyfriend,” she simply answered.
“How is your relationship?” he asked.
“So good,” Anna answered in a squeeze.
The therapist took down more notes, “Anything else?”
Anna shook her head, “No, not really.”
“What do you mean by that?”
Anna shrugged, “My boyfriend’s worried about something.”
“Worried about what?”
“We’re going to talk about it this evening.”
“I see.”
Anna blinked at him, “I’m sorry, but what does my relationship have to do with the dreams I’ve been having?”
The doctor straightened up his glasses, “Just ruling out other possibilities first.”
“Ah…”
“Tell me about your dad’s death.”
“He was murdered during a home invasion. My fault I’m afraid.”
“How so?” he asked.
“One of the attackers came to our door on Halloween in ’99. He said he needed to use out phone for an emergency. I lied at first, but I let him in afterwards.”
“What happened after that?”
“They broke in and locked me in the closet. I didn’t see what happened. I only saw the body afterwards.”
“Do you think is death had something to do with your dreams?” the therapist questioned.
Anna shrugged. “I don’t know.” The doctor wrote more notes in his notebook. Anna watched him. She already saw where this was going. This isn’t working, she thought, Shocker there! Oh well, might as well humor the good doctor here. He finished up with his notes.
“Niwa-san, have you heard of PTSD?”
“Yes,” Anna answered.
“According to my notes and the tape, you sound similar to a past case a friend of mine had.”
She raised an eyebrow at him, “Is that so?”
“Yes.”
“How can you be so sure of that?” Anna asked.
The therapist closed up his notes. “I will have to learn more about your case to be certain. Are you available tomorrow?”
“I don’t know; I’ll have to see.”
“I would like to talk with you more, here.” He handed her a piece of paperwork. Anna looked at it front and back.
“Meds?” Ann asked, “Do I really need all of these?”
“These are just in case, Niwa-san.”
She blinked rather uneasily at the list, “Alright then.”
“If you make it in tomorrow, I am available from morning to ten in the evenings.”
Anna stuffed the piece of paper in her pocket, “Right, right.” She looked around for a pause. “So, are we done?”
“Yes, you may go,” the therapist took her.
“Thank you,” Anna replied before they bowed and parted ways. Today was a waste in Anna’s mind. All just like her college years; no progress what so ever.