Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Lullaby ❯ Odd Feelings ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lullaby

By: Lacus Klein

Notes: Okay, we're going to skip ahead a little after the first part of this fic. Not much, but the story kind of requires it.

Chapter Six

Odd Feelings

Akiko bowed politely as she came in front of the throne. "Your report?" the king asked her.

"It's a baby girl. She was born just several hours ago." Akiko answered.

"And what of her powers?" the king said.

"I'm not sure. But it's definately there. Right before she was born, there was a bright glow in the birth canal. I felt an intense power from it." Akiko admitted.

The king nodded. "Keep a close eye on her and continue making your reports. For now, let her stay with her parents." he ordered.

Akiko bowed her head. "Yes sir."


**********************************************

Two years later....

"Daddy! Daddy!"

The little blond girl came running up with her arms outstretched. Tatsumi bent down and picked her up. "What're you doing here?" he asked her.

"Papa brought me." Myobi said.

"We thought you needed a break." Watari said, standing in the office doorway. There was a satisfied smile on his face.

Tatsumi smiled as Myobi looked up at him. "Well, it seems the distraction worked." he noted.

Myobi smiled back. She looked a lot like Watari now, with soft features and long blond hair. But her eyes were the same icy blue as Tatsumi's, which made no one mistake that he was her father.

"You really do need to lighten up sometimes. Why do you think I insist on bringing her here like I do?" Watari said, walking over to them.

"Really? And here I thought you just liked showing her off." Tatsumi said.

Watari shrugged. "Well, that too."

"But I like coming here!" Myobi said.

Tatsumi just chuckled to himself. "I know. And it's nice to have you here." he told her.

"So, what about the meeting that's suppose to be happening later? Is it still on?" Watari asked as they walked out.

"Yes. But it shouldn't be much. Just a briefing on some cases." Tatsumi said. As they walked by Tsuzuki and Hisoka's office, he glanced in. As usual, Tsuzuki was asleep at his desk while Hisoka was finishing up a file.

By him, Watari peeked over. "He looks peaceful." he said.

Tatsumi gave it a distastful look. "Once again, a waste of company time." he said, handing Myobi to Watari.

"Here we go again." Watari laughed softly. Myobi looked up at him with curious eyes.

"Get up!" Tatsumi said sternly, slamming a hand down on the desk.

Tsuzuki jumped up, looking around. "What?!" he said, clearly shocked. But he stopped when he realized it was Tatsumi standing by his desk. "Oh, Tatsumi.... what brings you in here?" he asked innocently.

"Didn't we talk about sleeping during work hours?" Tatsumi asked quietly.

Nearby, Hisoka just watched. "He claims he doesn't get enough sleep at night." he said.

"Aw come on Tatsumi, I did some work before I fell asleep." Tsuzuki whined.

"Tsuzuki, remember what we talked about. Sleep is for home, work is at work. Am I clear enough his time?" Tatsumi asked, giving him one of his dangerous smiles.

Tsuzuki whined, but nodded. Nearby, Myobi laughed. "Tsuzuki-san's funny." she said.

"I see you have company." Hisoka said, looking over at her.

Watari let Myobi down. "She likes coming to see everyone." he said as she went in there.

Tsuzuki picked her up and put her in his lap. "Hey Myobi-chan! Look how big you're getting!" he said happily.

"She is pretty Tatsumi-san." Hisoka commented.

"She's smarter then she let's on too." Watari admitted, standing there in the doorway with his arms crossed.

Tsuzuki just smiled down at her. "Well, maybe she's just a fast learner." he said.

"I suppose." Watari replied. But a part of him wasn't so sure. Myobi seemed too smart at times. At a year and a half, she'd been able to spell out her name using blocks. Watari himself wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't seen it. Her talking came rather quickly too. Now two years old, she spoke quite well. Even Tatsumi had commented a few times on how easily she could speak to people. Neither mentioned it around the others, but both felt the same. Perhaps she was too advanced. Perhaps it was something to do with her birth.

"Tsuzuki-san, I can talk to the birds too!" Myobi chimed.

"How do you do that?" Tsuzuki asked her. He didn't quite understand what she meant though.

"I just call them and they come." Myobi told him.

Tatsumi and Watari looked at each other. Hisoka looked up, but said nothing. It was clear in his eyes though that he was thinking something. But no one said anything more about it. At least, at the time.


*******************************************************

"There's something very different about that little girl."

Hisoka sat on the couch and watched as Tsuzuki finished up the dishes. Looking over his shoulder, Tsuzuki tilted his head. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"About the birds." Hisoka said.

"Yeah, I guess. But maybe she has a thing with animals. Some kids do." Tsuzuki said.

But Hisoka shook his head. "I don't think so. There's something different about Myobi." he admitted.

"How?" Tsuzuki asked, not understanding.

"I don't know exactly. I just feel it. She has something about her that's different from everyone else. It's like some tremendous power that she's still holding inside." Hisoka explained.

Tsuzuki finished the dishes and came in to sit beside him. "You really think so?" he said.

Hisoka nodded. "I don't know what it is though. And I don't think she even realizes it yet."

"Well, she is the first kid to be born to a shinigami. Maybe that's why." Tsuzuki mused, sitting back.

"I just have a strange feeling about it." Hisoka said, sitting back with him. He thought over what he'd seen and heard with Myobi. The birds was new to him. But he had seen something strange before, when she was a year old. Her sitting in the middle of the floor and playing with multi colored lights that were floating around her. Hisoka never told anyone about it, beings he wasn't sure of what they could've been. But he felt something odd at that moment. Like the lights had been... alive.

Tsuzuki felt him shift lightly against him. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

Hisoka shook his head. "It's nothing." he said. But a part of him couldn't help but wonder what all of this could mean. Just what was the secret of Myobi's power?


TBC

Notes: Okay, a bit short, but this was kinda like a filler chapter of sorts. It's setting things up. Hisoka's feelings and the flashbacks memories are important though. Myobi's powers are starting to be revealed. So just what are they? All coming up!