Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin
continuation... from part 5 Another update. This story has sure grown into a monster... and I was only aiming for a one-shot. But this is good too. Better late than never.

(Previously...)

Tsuzuki, my love…. Coming loves of my life…. Hearts…hearts…hearts….

(Let's continue...)

So after making sure that everyone was too busy to notice… Good, no Tatsumi around…

He stalked his way to the kitchen and a really nice pumpkin pie was cooling by the window sill. And that's not all… All sorts of wonderful smells where coming out of different containers lying on the table and countertop.

Hello the love of my life,… after Hisoka, he corrected himself, he said to the pie by the window.

"What are you doing you idiot?"

Busted.

He flinched.

Mmmhn! So close.

Watari had just walked in to find him with finger hovering above ready to dig in.

"Aow!" His hand got slapped away before he could inflict any real damage. "That's so mean." He whined. Still eyeing the delicious pie.

Wakaba-chan was making progress with the baked goods, and this one had her high-quality signature stamped all over it. She even baked the cute little fall leaves over it. They looked so real and golden.

"We should've known better than to send the wolf to care for the sheep. You'll just eat it all." He said half jokingly. "Ano, Tsuzuki, What's that look on your face?" He smiled wickedly.

"Ah, I manage to land Hisoka under a mistletoe." He smiled the 200 watts of happiness.

"Success." He posed his patented victory sign with a matching bright smile. The kitchen was suddenly much brighter than before.

"Sort of, he fell asleep." He's smile began to loose brightness. Aw, he felt depressed now.

The boy didn't even notice. Tsuzuki explained to him what happened and told him how everything had happened as Watari predicted, but the drawback had been a too overly exhausted Hisoka, who was barely conscious to respond back.

"Hmm. Tatsumi got away from me too." Said Watari. Also sadden that his own plans to ruffle the feathers of certain secretary were not running as smoothly either. "He came to demand retribution after we redecorated his office. I did manage to land him on his back." He winked and sighed going gaga over the memory.

He told Tsuzuki…

Tatsumi was mad-that was putting it mildly-he was furious. But then the confused look on his face was precious as Watari didn't even give him time to react. So were his shadows. With a loud thud on the ground the mad scientist captured the baffled secretary in a liplock. It was so unexpected that while he was on his back Tatsumi simply reacted to the kiss by initially submitting to the pleasure. And staring out into space as he looked at a very suspicious blot of green. His glasses had flown off him.

Watari did notice the nonresistance from Tatsumi and shyly felt him become a participant. Ah, Watari was static. Success.

Who knew Tatsumi was so shy.

It didn't last long, Tatsumi realized it too. Just when it was becoming interesting. A sexy blush streaked his face. Watari noted and stored this new information. The secretary was not all that invulnerable. Watari celebrated a happy dance inside his head. He could make a dent to Tatsumi's cool exterior. How much fun it will be now that he knew.

Tatsumi pushed Watari off and sat on the floor looking for his glasses. Watari had made sure that when he dived for Tatsumi he slipped his glasses off in case he missed his mark. He handed them back.

Trying his best to regain his cool, Tatsumi pulled the glasses back on and got himself off the floor, lending a hand to Watari who by now was beginning to feel a bit smug. Tatsumi completely dusted his pants off. Blush slowly disappearing too. Yet he still couldn't bring himself to look at Watari directly on the eyes.

"Sorry." Tatsumi said distinctly uncomfortable just standing there, not knowing what to do with his hands.

"Ha-ha! Why are you the one apologizing for?" Watari pointed up noting in his head the unconventional behavior, as if it were an experiment… for future reference, he thought.

He looked. He nodded. "Ah."

Then made his way inside and compulsively with his eyes swept the lab. Watari sweatdropped, he was looking for damage.

Watari immediately sprinted as he remembered he had a remedy that couldn't fail. And asked Tatsumi if he would like some coffee, dragging him in by the arm before he could escape.

Tatsumi hesitated behind those glasses, nearly panicked, but Watari swatted the fear away by mentioning that he would make them a fresh pot. After all he had a small personal coffee maker in the lab. Tatsumi relaxed and accepted, biting his tongue as he did.

As Watari went about the task, Tatsumi began to reprimand him about his office but with less gusto while watching his actions-like a hawk.

Can you feel the trust and love in this room, Watari smiled to himself.

Tsuzuki listened to the rest… "and as he was giving me one of his lectures, he caught me trying to slip my potion into his coffee." Watari nodded in disbelief. "I just wanted to loosen him up a bit, make him more malleable." And he added, "it did wonders for Terazuma when I tested it on him."

Terazuma's little slip of the tongue, was as close to a declaration Wakaba was ever going to get out of him. After, he walked around with a chronic blush for almost two weeks. Watari sighed loudly.

"Now I can't find him anywhere." Watari whined pouting as he did and patting his breast pocket for a little test tube. He still hoped to be able to slip the potion into Tatsumi, somehow.

Both men were in deep thought as to what would be the next move, time was precious. Tsuzuki was knocked out his deep concentration but the tantalizing smell approaching him. Drool began to form around the corners of his mouth gapping bigger and bigger like a hungry animal too starved to think coherently.

"A little bit longer Tsuzuki." Spoke Wakaba from the entrance with a large covered container on her hands.

It smells like heaven.

Watari came to her rescue with the box and brought it to the table.

"Wow! Wakaba-chan you are making all sorts of new things."

"Ah! Hajime-chan gave me an early Christmas present so I'm trying it out… Speaking of,… has anyone seen him today? He promised to help with carrying all the dishes here. So far, I haven't seen him since mid-morning. Saya and Yuma saw him here but then he disappeared."

Tsuzuki was lost to them, trying to figure out what was in the box Wakaba brought.

"Can I have a peak? Just a little one." He begged. Puppy eyes at full effect, a small crystalline tear just around the corner of one eye and on his knees. Ears and tail a little droopy.

"I made a caramelized sweet potatoes and baked apples."

"Whah! Hajime it's so lucky." He wagged his tail over-excited. Hands up in a begging position.

Wakaba uncovered her box and retrieved a container. "I'll give you a backed apple. Do you think that can safe guard the rest? After all tonight's the big night." She handed a small place and served him at the table with a little wink.

"Yippie!"

Tsuzuki nodded fast without taking his eyes off the prize.

Watari shook his head smiling. "I don't think his listening. I'll stick around to keep and eye and remind him." He took a seat right across from him, keeping a safe distance from the slaughter. A puppy could get a bit defensive of his sweets.

Wakaba enjoyed watching him eat with that dreamy look on his face. She wanted to ask and look at Watari with a raised eyebrow hopping for an update in 'Operation Mistletoe'.

He flashed a big smile in return.

Ah, stars began to form in her eyes clutching her hands close to her heart…

In the meantime, Saya and Yuma where looking around for the elusive Terazuma and decided to stop by to visit Tsuzuki and see if he might know where Wakaba's partner could be hiding.

The way he had run that morning from them, when he realized he was standing under one of the many mistletoe branches around the office it was almost comical. Saya and Yuma just couldn't resist. It was fun to tease him. He ran from them pulling at his hairs and he screamed.

At the first knock there was no answer so they decided to barge in. No one.

Ah! The small figure laid on the sofa caught their breath. Silently they looked at each other and a knowing smile began to form as they slowly turned to see the beautiful form, so peacefully asleep. A wickedly single idea making their eyes into slits. They approached the still body to look at it closer.

"Hi-so-ka." Yuma sing-sang a whisper into his ear to see if she could get a reaction.

Cold.

They looked at each other once again and the smile turned into an evil smirk. Saya immediately disappeared and was back within seconds with a bag that said 'Pink House' across it.

They needed no words. Saya closed the door behind her and locked it without a sound except for the 'click'. Almost couldn't hold their burst of laughter, both wanted to explode with giggles.

This time, they will have pictures. Yuma retrieved a Polaroid camera from the bag and set it aside.

Both bubbling with excitement, greedy hands pounced for their hapless, unsuspecting victim….



TBC... part 7 next

A/N: How devilish and smart. They're getting themselves a Christmas present too.