Yotoden Fan Fiction ❯ Empress ❯ Born of the Flames ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

I don't own Wrath of the Ninja (aka Yotoden) and I don't know crud about the show- that includes both major details and true historical references. So most of this story is original. I'm not going to tell you which parts- you have to guess! I'm still unsure how much of a fantasy this is going to turn into, so there won't be much yet. Plus, the title is tentative. I may change that as well. *Lol* Maybe I'll just use the Japanese word for "empress" instead.

Warnings:

This is an alternate universe. That's the biggest warning, so although there are similarities with Wrath of the Ninja there are also major storyline differences. There's also violence and my attempt at writing martial arts fight scenes. While I was writing one scene, I had an idea for a lemon, but . . . I don't know. I'm not very good at writing non-poem lemons, so I'm just going to rate this PG-13 for now. And I may eventually change the title. Any suggestions? Leave a review. ^_~

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

Empress

By Duo no Tsuin

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Prologue

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*>

Golden flames danced wildly in the sky. Confetti embers fell, surrounding them. The village was ablaze, spreading quickly as it leapt from rooftop to rooftop. The Kasumi Clan's people were scrambling. Some fought the fire, but the rest fought the intruders/invaders.

They came during the night, enemies with many faces, concealed in the darkness- the unknown. No one knew who they were or where they came from, but the least known of all was the reason for the attack. As far as the eyes could see through the smoke and warring parties, no looting was taking place. Only fighting and burning. Everyone was involved in the battle outside the walls of the burning homes. All, save one young woman.

Hayami Ayame was sleeping soundly despite the turmoil outside. Kicked, the door to her room crashed open. In momentary fright, Ayame dashed from sleep- eyes widened in terror. She stared at the shadowy form surrounded in a backdrop of orange.

"Ayame? You have to get up, now!" Only her older brother.

"Wh-what is going on?" Ayame said still in the embrace of sleep.

"There is no time to explain. Get dressed. You need to come with me."

"Where are we going?" She said as she dressed. "Why are you making me get up quickly in the middle of the night?" She asked as she followed her brother toward the door. A black bundle in his left hand, he used the other to open the door. All Ayame saw was the flames.

"Because you are our only chance. You are the only one left. And it is you who must live."

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

To be continued.

<*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*><*~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *>

-_- Sorry for the shortness but that's just the crappy opening. I need to edit the next part and decide what I want to include in the first chapter. Keep in mind, this is an AU. Now, to the reviewing booths you go!! Send all comments, questions, and suggestions to duonotsuin@yahoo.com