Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Chapter 6 Going Back ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6 Going Back
 
The sun rose, but no one wanted to get up. Today was the day they had to go back; a reality which had enclosed on them far too quickly. They all had enjoyed this period of relaxation; it was a break from the stressful events, and a welcome one at that. Most bonds had been strengthened, but it was almost time to return, and with it perhaps more troubled times awaited since no one had heard anything from Jaden.
 
Slowly everyone got up and prepared; taking their time and doing what they thought was going to be the best use of their time. Many friends would be separated today and a new journey would begin. Axel stood by the window dressed in his black cloak, and just watched the sun as he contemplated his position. He let his head drop, and spoke silently to himself; “Roxas I will free you, and I will not betray Brett or Blair either.”
 
The two young lovers lay in bed; Brett slept soundly while Blair lay right beside him. She did not want to wake him, or for this wonderful feeling to end. Here she was in a luxurious mansion with the guy she was in love with, and it was just too good. He was always impressing her, and trying his best to make sure that she was taking care of. Blair wondered if she was simply to high maintenance, but if she was then Brett was still having no trouble. She was definitely not hungry; not if it meant getting up and losing this moment.
 
Blair pressed herself as close as possible; the warmth of the two together made things even better. She was young, but now even more certain that even if Brett was three years older; that he was right. The bed made her feel like sleeping in the clouds; she was enjoying the luxury of this place, but the company even more. She wondered what would happen when they returned. She knew that she was going to the Obelisk Blue dorm in less then half a year; which was an honor but intimidating at the same time.
 
Brett was going to be right beside her, but that raised so many more questions. Would she even see Brett that much; she had responsibilities that she had to attend to and so did Brett. They were class reps, and they were both Obelisk blue students, so there responsibilities might keep them apart. Could she even do this anymore with him; it was just sleeping beside him but others might view it other wise. She knew Brett was torn but maybe she could force him to sneak in, and the fact of going to a girls dorm just plain sucked now.
 
“So are you enjoying this as much as I am…?” Blair knew Brett had woken up; she sighed and said yes. “You know I really love doing this; things are going to change today. We will be going back and no doubt we are going to end up busy. But I can only promise you one thing; that I will spend as much time as possible.”
 
Another sigh came from Blair; she loved the sentiment but knew that they would not get that much time together. “Brett we will not get to do this for a while; I will miss this so much. Class will also be difficult; we have nothing in common, and I will always be thinking of you and how you are. Even though we are both first years, we both are in completely different classes, and this just sucks because I want you to always be around me.”
 
“Well actually I'm really bored in my classes… nothing is much of a challenge; so maybe I could challenge them Ever since you saved me from the armor; I can think to an amazing degree and things are so clear. I can sense everything… so I will take all the exams early. I don't know if I can, but this would let me spend more time with you… it would be much easier then emailing you all the time right?”
 
She was so touched that she squeezed him with all her might; despite what the future might hold; she now thought she could get through it. They stayed in bed together for another hour, but they did not say much more but just enjoyed the others touch. After they got up and ate something; soon the time came and they all loaded into the helicopter. Pegasus accompanied them to the airport where they separated into two groups.
 
Jim, Jesse, and Marcel all stood in the second group; Pegasus had made special arrangements for their trips home. Everyone said their goodbye's; Blair was sad to see her friend Marcel leaving, and Marcel wished to have spent more time with her, but knew she was with Brett. Small tears in her eyes formed and soon she left her hug with him so Brett could say goodbye. Brett took as much time with his goodbyes as he felt necessary. He had made tight bonds with all three of these people; to say goodbye was hard but somehow they all knew they would see each other soon.
 
“Britney? You said you said you were coming with us right mate?” Jim asked; Brett and Blair turned their head to her friend who walked forward. Britney turned around and hugged Blair tightly; she whispered into Blair's ear to take good care of Brett. Blair nodded, and Britney went over to Alexis; they hugged and Britney whispered to her to take care of Brett as well. Before Alexis could respond she continued; she warned Alexis to watch out for Samantha, and Alexis agreed to watch out for her.
 
Britney came to Brett; they starred at each other and Britney put her left and right hand on both of Brett's shoulder. “Brett take good care of yourself, and Blair too. You are really special, and I do not want to lose you either so be careful. Come see me sometime in France; ok? I will try to make it back…” Brett nodded and Britney gave Brett a kiss on the cheek; Brett did the same to her and she smiled. She gave him a quick hug and stepped back.
 
There was only one person that Britney had to say goodbye to. She looked at Hasleberry and gave a big smile and the large guy was still a little nervous to make a move. She then jumped forward and kissed Hasleberry on the cheek. he could not help but blush and soon they parted. Britney ran off without another word; the four duelists got into a new vehicle and left.
 
Pegasus walked up to his son; “well this is good bye. I believe I still am making it up to you correct? If you need anything do not be afraid to ask; I will gladly help you, and Blair please look after him. He tends to be very reckless, at least now he has someone to look after him right?” Pegasus finished his short speech and left; leaving no time for Brett to argue or protest. Blair shouted that she would and Pegasus turned and smiled; they all boarded the plane, and were on their way back, but Blair was curious to why he was making it up to Brett.
 
The plane ride seemed much faster this time; they de boarded and took a helicopter the rest of the way. They arrived back on the island; things looked almost normal; the smaller group was called to go and see the Chancellor. They arrived at the Chancellor's office all unaware of the reason for being summoned. “Welcome back; I trust you all have had a relaxing couple of days! Now we can get down to business...”
 
“Why did you call us here Chancellor?” Brett asked; the others were anticipating any news about Jaden. “Well first of all I want to report that I'm promoting most of you. Blair you will be moving to Obelisk Blue, while Chazz and Syrus will go back to Obelisk Blue boys dorm. As for Brett; I would like you to stay in Obelisk Blue and as a student rep for the rest of the year. Other then this; hopefully things will go back to being slightly more normal around here. Samantha and Axel are welcome to stay as guests for the time being; they can stay in Blue dorms till the end of the year.”
 
“Has there been any news about Jaden?” Syrus asked with great impatience; everyone else was also wondering the exact same thing, but the Chancellor just bowed his head. “I'm sorry Syrus, but we have no information on Jaden. I do not know if there is anything we can do, but I most definitely do not anyone going after him. We have almost had too many people almost getting hurt; I want you all to promise never to go looking for him. I know it is hard to ask, but you all must promise me this; you especially Brett.”
 
Slowly everyone promised; most started to leave except for Brett. “Brett, is there something else I can help you with?” Brett stepped forward and spoke with a determined voice; one that did not sound like it would take no for an answer. “I want to challenge as many of my classes right now; I feel fully ready to take all the exams. If I can I want to take more years; there should be no problem with this request correct?”
 
The Chancellor gasped at the idea, but quickly regained his composure and smiled when he figured out why he was doing this. “Brett you have every right to do this; you can challenge every class if you want, but it is your responsibility to pass, and it will not be easy. If you were to do such a thing, and seeing about your courageous efforts to this point. Not to mention what you have been through; at that point you we might be able to honor you. You would not technically be a student, and you could graduate this year if you choose to, and you can do as you please if that is the case.”
 
No pause was needed for Brett; “then I will do it. I shall challenge many exams as possible.” Blair got exited; he was doing this to spend time with her. It seemed so perfect if he could finish all of them, and the image of him always being perfect had no doubtful thoughts disturbing it. “Very well Brett; you will take three years of challenge exams over the next three days. Till then I suggest you go study and hard; I will go make preparations for your examination.”
 
After Brett heard that they all left; most understood why he was doing it, but could not possibly imagine passing that many exams. It would take days to complete them all, and this young duelist was up to the challenge. Blair was thrilled with her boyfriend; after this she would be spending more time with him. Brett was also excited about the idea; ever since was freed from the armor, so much info was available. His knowledge of things was beyond measure at this point, and he could remember anything after a single read through; something he needed to accomplish this task.
 
They exited Duel Academy unaware of what was a top the academy; “there is the target.” The man finished speaking for the woman to take over. “This will be difficult for us to intercept and take the target. Aura will not except failure, but we will need to erase the memories of all of them. We cannot afford a screw up, and I'm afraid his power is far too great to intervene.”
 
The male nodded; “patience is a virtue and we have only so many to spare. If all fails we must erase this thing; the duty of the Erasers is too eliminate everything that should not exist. We will leave till then… the girl is proving inseparable; this will indeed be a challenge…” The voice and the males body faded from existence; the female soon followed. Axel walked with Brett and turned around because of a dark presence that. He saw nothing and quickly turned back; still suspicious of what he had felt.
 
Song kira_no_shukudai
 
Later Blair entered the Obelisk Blue's dorm for the first time; she span around and took in the sights. It was so up class and fancy, and it was indeed up Blair's alley. Two girls in Obelisk Blue uniforms came up to her; Blair backed up a little seeing that she was intimidated by the older girls. She was the most intimidated by the brown haired girl; the Black haired, but the other one had a huge friendly smile though. “You must be Blair; Alexis told me all about you. She maid us promise to be nice to you, but from what we have heard; we think we will get along just fine. My name is Mindy, and this beside me is Jasmine.”
 
Many other girls came over and welcomed Blair into the dorm; she was happy to find that she was being accepted into the dorm with few issues. Blair felt right at home; she knew she would enjoy this. “Hey Blair; shouldn't you have some stuff; I mean you are moving in.”
 
Mindy commented while putting a finger up to her mouth; confused this young girl had nothing in her possession. She looked around, but there was nothing, and then the door was pushed open by Brett. His face blocked by all the luggage and he walked over towards Blair. “Blair I thought you were going to wait for me!” shouted Brett. Every girl turned their attention to Brett whose face was hidden behind Blair's four suitcases. “Hey guys are not aloud in here!”
 
Jasmine shouted with a real aggravated face; not one to take anything from any guy what so ever. Blair waved her hands trying to get everyone's attention back on her, and no sooner did they turn to Blair then did she explain. “No it's ok; that is Brett my boyfriend. He is just helping me with all my luggage; he is just so sweet.”
 
It was not that the luggage was heavy, but it was a little hard to navigate. Brett would not let Blair carry a thing, and he walked right up to Blair and set all the luggage he carried in his two arms. The instant he set down the luggage his face was exposed; all of the girls forgave him. “Oh my; you can come her any time you like!” Jasmine said enthusiastically; all of the girls crowed Brett leaving Blair out in the open.
 
Girls were questioning Brett left, right, and center; everything that they could possibly want to know. Jasmine and Mindy had their hands all over him, and Brett was finding this a hard place to escape from. All the girls just could not leave him alone; something Brett was wishing they would do. He could barely answer a question before another would be asked, and he was helpless in the sea of girls. Blair thought it was cute the he was fitting in to; maybe they would let him in so they could be together.
 
Minutes passed and the crowd around Brett did not disperse; she quickly realized the others were after him, and her amusement ended abruptly. Multiple girls started to ask for Brett to be her boyfriend followed by more requesting the same thing; that was Blair's queue to step in. Brett was hers, and she was not going to let anything happen to him. She pushed her way through the crowd and latched onto Brett. “Sorry girls but he is already taken!”
 
All of the girls saddened about the fact that Brett was already taken by Blair. Blair let go of her death grip on Brett; slowly they both breathed a sigh of relief. Brett was humbled about the interest he had received, but he was starting to wonder why this was always happening. It was nothing to really complain about, but Brett was happy with just Blair.
 
Suddenly Jasmine put her left arm around Blair's neck and pulled her in close. “Come on Blair? We Obelisk girls have to stick together; what's mine is yours! So how about we share him?” Blair was about to flat out deny her when Mrs. Fontaine's voice came from above. “Sorry Jasmine, but Brett only loves Blair… I doubt he could love anyone as much as her; they really are that in love with the other.”
 
Jasmine pouted for a moment at her missed opportunity, while Mindy was amazed; “their love is that strong. Wow; it must be strong for him to refuse my good looks.” With just a light wink from Mindy to Brett he could not help but think he made a friend. Jasmine got mad; she protested about her own beauty. Mrs. Fontaine laughed and descended the stairs and approached her students. “You have no idea; would you like to hear?” Jasmine, Mindy and a whole group of Obelisk Blue girls gathered round their teacher.
 
Mrs. Fontaine was approached by Brett and he whispered into her ear; “Mrs. Fontaine… should we be telling this story?” Mrs. Fontaine just smiled; “I'm getting you a whole bunch of new allies. If you want to spend time in this dorm, and be the first guy aloud in here; then you will need these girls on your side. They just need to get to know you better; it is not like I have a problem with you in here. Plus it would help Blair settle in if you were with her right? Just relax with Blair; I will make sure you become extremely popular after this.”
 
Brett went over and sat with Blair; she leaned her head on his shoulder. Then Mindy sat on the opposite site; she leaned on Brett's other shoulder while Jasmine lay between his legs. Jasmine looked up and smiled at him; she looked a little devious, but Brett was enjoying this. He could only smile with all the girls around him, and his sheepish smile was accompanied by a blush from all the company.
 
Other girls came and sat near him; Mrs. Fontaine sat in front of them and told her story. Each battle was old with excruciating detail; so much that it was apparent that she had paid close attention. All of the girls listened with great interest; it was starting to sink in with Brett how much had happened in such a short time. It was only a reminder to Blair, one of why she loved him and how much she meant to him.
 
The stories were all told; all of the girls sat the in absolute awe of Brett. “Wow what a warrior, and he has wings too!” Mindy chanted; leaving Jasmine to look up from within Brett's lap. “No he is like the Harpies' Brother; rugged, good looking, and strong. You are so dreamy Brett…” then Blair took over while still snug on his shoulder. “Yes he is, and he is my boyfriend.”
 
No words could escape anyone else's mouths; they all adored Brett after the stories. He was a hero, but Mrs. Fontaine felt the need to impress them more. “Did I forget to mention he is a world class duelist, he is challenging three years of classes, and that he is Maximillion Pegasus's adoptive son.” All the girls went ballistic and pulled Blair away from him. They all suddenly had so many questions to ask her; leaving Brett and Mrs. Fontaine alone.
 
Brett walked over and sat down next to her; “I understand everything, but you just had to mention those last three things… didn't you?” Brett sighed the moment he finished talking, and Mrs. Fontaine could only let a small feminine laugh. “Brett you should never hide who you are; well at least this will make life more interesting.”
 
Again Brett sighed and Mrs. Fontaine tried to comfort him. Blair was still being questioned about Brett and her relationship; and she was having far too much fun answering. Brett was starting to have mixed feelings about all of this; then Alexis began to descend the steps and decided to break it up. “Ladies; don't we not have something better we could be doing?”
 
The girls parted from Blair, and Alexis continued; “come on everyone leave Brett and Blair alone. She needs to get settled and I'm sure you all will see lots of him seeing how Blair is here.” The girls started to wander away; most went up to Brett and told him he was welcome to come back any time. Alexis, Blair, Jasmine, Mindy, and Mrs. Fontaine all gathered around Brett. Mrs. Fontaine laughed; “So I guess you are welcome here anytime Brett. I can certainly look the other way for a hero such as you; that is unless Blair does not want you here?”
 
Not a moment passed before Blair quickly nodded her head that she wanted him to be here, and then everyone got a quick laugh in. “So then it is agreed; I will make sure everyone knows. That way you will have no problems; if you want to sleep here to that is your choice, but do not do anything that you could get in serious trouble.” Brett agreed and Blair was ecstatically happy with this development. “Well how about you three girls show Blair to her room; after all other females are joining us; like Samantha for example. So we have lots to do, so get moving now.”
 
Blair went to get some of her luggage, but Brett jumped in front and insisted that he carry it all. Jasmine got another devious smirk across her face; “Blair you are quickly becoming one of my best friends! You have him trained so well… I like that.” Blair shook her head; “no it is not like that. Brett always does this kind of stuff. He loves me, and he is so; so wonderful!”
 
“That is so sweet!” Mindy said enthusiastically; Jasmine agreed, and Alexis just stood there enjoying this. They all traveled together to Blair's room; despite how much luggage Brett was carrying Jasmine stayed very close. Alexis was starting to worry that Jasmine was truly falling for him. Jasmine was strong, and it was strange to see her so interested in a guy besides her brother.
 
They arrived at Blair's new room which was spacious and luxurious, but nothing near to what Blair had at Brett's house. A big bed and mirrors with a room all to herself; more then enough for her and Brett. Mindy ran away for a second but quickly returned. “Here you are Blair; your Obelisk Blue uniforms.”
 
She handed the multiple outfits to Blair; she looked them over and was honored. The miniskirt was very cute, but Blair was split down the middle on what to think about them. “Thank you, but for now I think I will just keep my old outfits. Besides Brett likes me like this; he is always telling me he likes me for me.”
 
“It's true… Blair is perfect the way she is, and I would not change anything about her;” Brett said causing all of the girls to admire him more. Jasmine then turned around and snuggled right up against Brett's front. “Well of course you would like her no matter what she wears, but it's what underneath that counts. I bet you are pretty impressive to underneath it all.”
 
Brett's face quickly matched the color of Blair's vest, and he backed his head away in shock. Alexis grabbed hold of Jasmine's arm and pulled her and Mindy out of the room. Alexis got both of them out into the hall, and she turned around. “Sorry about her Brett;” Brett shook his head and denied that it had got to him despite his face color, and Alexis sighed. “You two just get settled ok? I will come back later and show you where everything is, and I will deal with her.”
 
The door shut and Brett and Blair were alone; Brett was still wondering about how he had gained access to girls only dorm. At least he was with Blair, but this young man felt very out of place. Brett slowly regained his composure; he went over to the bed and sat down facing the wall at the head of the bed. He just wanted some time to slow down since he had many exams just ahead.
 
Blair looked down to her Obelisk Blue uniform, and she started wondered if Brett truly wanted her to be wearing it. No doubt it was cute and sexy, and that was what guys liked. It was risky considering all he had to do was turn around, but she loved him and he loved her; at that point it did not matter if he did. There was no objection in Blair's mind, but the danger of him turning around was strangely exciting.
 
Waiting no time, she quickly started to change; she quietly and quickly removed her old uniform. She stood there with little clothes for a moment; she turned and looked to see if Brett was peeking, but he was absolutely still, frozen in a meditative state. Blair turned around and was feeling strange; part of her wanted Brett to turn around, but then she realized they had not even had a proper first date. She shook of the feelings, and realized it was still way to early; still it was very exciting.
 
One of the Obelisk Blue uniforms flew off the bed quietly, and Blair was soon fully dressed in it. She looked down at it and wondered if he would like it; it was certainly something she would do in an instant for him. Quickly she looked to the mirror, and used her hands to fix her hair It was a flattering outfit, and she wondered if she should stay in it for the rest of the year, and she posed for a second to boost her confidence. “Brett what do you think?”
 
Slowly he opened his eyes and turned around; the first thing he saw was Blair's clothes and her bare feet. His head whipped back and he looked straight forward; his body temperature shot up and sweat started to form on his brow. Blair saw his reaction; she looked down and saw her clothes. She immediately knew what he thought; he really did respect and love her very much, so much that he would not risk blowing it.
 
A smile came across her face; she got on the bed and came right up behind him. Her arms wrapped around his neck; her body was pressing into Brett's back, and Brett could not but feel his temperature rise again, literally burning up. “Brett; you are so sweet. I really do love that you are not here just for that reason, and I'm so glad that I can trust you… still I know you think I'm beautiful, and that is the best part!”
 
Brett turned and saw her I her full Obelisk Blue uniform; he gasped at the sight. “You really are beautiful in anything Blair.” Brett's voice was so truthful and honest sounding; that she turned her head in embarrassment. She paused for only a brief moment before launching into, and in wrapping her arms around Brett again; pushed him down onto the bed.
 
Brett wrapped his arms around Blair and together they lay there. “I never want to lose you Brett; you are exactly what I always wanted. I can't believe I ignored you for Jaden…” Brett smiled and nuzzled Blair's head with his own; “glad that this worked out for both of us. You want to unpack later?” Blair nodded into Brett's chest; “yes… I can always unpack later; right now I just want to sleep here with you…”
 
Before Brett could say anything else; he realized she was asleep, so comfortable that she instantly fell asleep. He was glad to lay there; they both felt so close; like their bond was becoming unbreakable. The truth that Brett loved her in that uniform, and he would be happy for her to wear it again. Hours passed and then the door opened; in came Alexis with a big yellow envelope. “Hi Brett; you know you really made an impression on Jasmine. I think she is going to try and get you, and… Is that Blair in the girl's uniform?”
 
Brett nodded and slowly got up and lifted Blair up and off him; Blair kept sleeping, but her arm reached till she grabbed Brett's arm. Brett stayed close so Blair would not wake; “yeah; she kind of did it for me… looks like she really likes me, and with Jasmine… I guess did that thing I usually do...” Alexis let out a quiet chuckle and sat on the bed next to Brett. “You mean where you say the perfect thing, or you do something incredible? Well that is your specialty; Jasmine has barely stopped talking about you, but the reason why I came here is this.”
 
A yellow envelope passed from Alexis's possession to Brett's. He opened it to see a certificate as well as an exam schedule. “So this is my pass to be here? All my exams take up the next three days?” Alexis smiled; “well you are taking three years of exams, I'm surprised that is all time it will take. Brett about that note; the only reason you got it is because none of the girls mind you. If you do anything wrong then you will be kicked out; so just be careful.”
 
“Do not worry Alexis; I will behave. I want to stay here with Blair…” Alexis put her hand on his head and rubbed it; “good. I'm glad to hear that you both are so close; anyways Jasmine will not shut up about you... nor will most the other girls. You always were good with the girls… I know Blair is really protective of you, and with good reason; but if you could spend sometime with her too.” Brett nodded without so much as an argument; Blair moaned in her sleep and Alexis rose to her feat. “You lay back down so she does not get up; I will bring you both dinners later; okay?”
 
A nod was the only thing that came from Brett; Alexis left without another word. Brett lay back down beside Blair; she reached out and grabbed him and snuggled right back up close to him. It was almost like she was awake; even though her were shut and she was clearly asleep. Brett fell asleep again with Blair latched to him; he was ready for anything, and looking at Blair she was just adorable.
 
Another hour passed, and a knocking came from the door. Brett and Blair slowly woke up; they got up and walked towards the door. When they opened it they saw Jasmine standing there with three plates of food. Brett quickly helped her by taking two of the plates, and Jasmine invited herself in while she spoke. “I thought I would bring you both your suppers; would you mind if I ate up here too?”
 
Brett looked to Blair; she did not have the most enthusiastic look about company, but she invited her in since she was already in. All three sat on the floor in a circle; the two girls inched closer to Brett's side till they were at his side, and Brett could feel the tension, and just had to relieve it. “So why did you want to eat with us? I thought you would eat with your friends.” Jasmine did not wait an instant before responding with a confident tone; “I thought I should get to know you two better. You do not have a problem with that do you?”
 
Brett shook his head, more then nervous at the tone in Jasmine's voice. Another knock came to the door and Alexis and Mindy came in, and they both had a somewhat nervous voice. They had both brought their plates of food and sat across from the three. “Mind some company?” Alexis asked, and sat across from Brett. “Please tell me no one else will show up; this room is not that big…” Brett said with a long sigh before he took a bite.
 
The five finished their supper; Brett felt tension on both sides of him. Jasmine was keeping a close eye on him, and had been asking far too many questions for it to be cute any more. Blair kept trying to show that Brett was hers by keeping her hands on him, but Jasmine was not giving in. The other two girls were watching this and were starting to worry about a fight breaking out. The tension was getting thicker and thicker each second. “Hey Jasmine… Alexis… it is getting late; lets get out of here and leave these two alone.”
 
Mindy stated causing Jasmine to cringe at the thought of leaving. She kept wondering how this man thought Brett was more attractive then her, but that was impossible. Alexis and Mindy got up, and it took both of them to get Jasmine to move. Finally they got her up and out of there; the door shut and Blair turned her attention to Brett.
 
Out in the hall Alexis had left and taken all of the dishes with her to cleaned, but Jasmine's friend had questions. “So how much do you like him?” Mindy asked and Jasmine dropped to her knees; Mindy had never seen her friend so devoted to a guy before. “I want him as my boyfriend; forget Blair!” Mindy sighed; “you know it is not right; he is with Blair, and I can totally see why...” Jasmine sighed and got up to leave but she was not going to give up that easy.
 
“Brett I do not like how hard she is trying to get your attention.” Brett sighed at Blair's statement and turned and kissed her on the head. “Blair I was just being polite; you know that you are the only girl for me, but I cannot just shut her down.” Blair sighed and bowed her head; “I know, and I will trust you with my life. I will always trust your judgment and will trust your choices, but that still does not mean I like her being that attached to you. Just try to ease her off a bit…”
 
Time passed and the two fell asleep in the room under the covers. Blair stayed in her uniform and did not go for a shower; she was going to spend as much time as possible. Brett was going to be gone for all of the next three days except for nighttime, and that was hard for Blair to leave him while she had him. Blair once again stayed as close as possible; she would not let him leave her.
 
The following three days all passed the exact same way. Before Brett would leave for his exams he would wake Blair and say goodbye. She hated those moments, but knew he was doing it for her. Blair was reluctant at first but soon would let go; she spent her days with her new friends and saw little of old ones. Every few seconds her mind would drift back to Brett; wondering how well he was doing.
 
Brett flew through his exams; over three days he burned through many exams. Each one was completed in record time for the school, and each time the marks were perfect. It only took one read of the material, and Brett could remember everything. He finished each day at around ten a clock at night. He would return to the Blue girls' dorm and someone would allow him entrance. Jasmine kept her eye on Brett; and so did Samantha who had moved into the dorm as well.
 
All exams were finished on time; everyone at the school had soon heard about Brett's accomplishment. In one year he had done all of his schooling, and he now could attend what he wanted to do. He even had the option to stay the three years, or take the graduation duel. It was unheard of, but slowly Brett was becoming a legend. The fact that he was Exia was the only reason why he could, but now he was free so the pain of guilt was eased away.
 
“It has almost been a week since you got back.” Blair said while she lay beside Brett in her night time apparel. “Yes, and now I can spend as much time with you as possible. Blair… I'm sorry it took so long for me to do this, but tomorrow we are going on our first real date.” Blair became ecstatic; no matter how much this felt like a wonderful dream; this was coming true.
 
“Brett; I cannot wait for it!” Blair said enthusiastically before they fell asleep together. Both were deeply excited about tomorrow and what was sure to be an amazing day…