Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Light Chapter 7 The First Date ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7 The First Date
 
The sun rose on Duel Academy; Blair was comfortably snuggled up with Brett in her bed. A dream that felt all too unreal, but she truly appreciated. Brett was now free to spend as much time as possible with her. He had almost been a full week since Brett got back, but all of that failed in comparison as to what would happen today.
 
Today was Blair and Brett's first real date; she had no clue what was planned, but it would be the first real step in their relationship. She lay there beside him; wondering what would come of today's events. No matter what was going to happen; it would undoubtedly be loved by her. She wondered if they were going to share their first real kiss, and that was something Blair had dreamed of doing with him for a while.
 
All the romantic gestures and times that Brett had saved her made it highly anticipated. Whether he had done it to impress her or because he could was all too nice. Blair was young but could trust Brett with her safety, and he would not betray her trust. More importantly to Blair, was the fact that this was marking Brett hers. He had proved him self, and the though of their first real kiss was very exciting.
 
The two have had their shares of pecks and small kisses, but they had yet to share a real one. After yesterday when Blair saw how many girls were interested in Brett; she now felt pressure to seal the deal. She knew she loved him, and Blair did not care if there was an age difference if the love was real, and it was. Still she felt the need to make sure that others knew; Jasmine was also very interested which made Blair worry.
 
The brown haired Obelisk Blue girl had become incredibly infatuated with Brett since their first meeting. Still Blair knew that they were going to be inseparable, but still she felt the need to make the fact he was her boyfriend with a date. Blair's mind thought back to all the amazing moments they had together since he came back. Blair was fixed on the idea that Brett was perfect for her; the future looked bright indeed for these two young people whose destinies were definitely entwined.
 
The time was getting late, but Blair did just not want to get up. It was warm and comfortable; she was really wondering why everything was going so well. Brett inched over and slowly woke up; she looked up at him, and he looked down on her. Their eyes met and they both giggled at the other. Blair got up and stretched before she fell back into bed and into his arms.
 
“So what should I wear to our first date;” Blair asked her boyfriend with a smile across her face and her eyes closed. “I was hoping you would ware the red uniform; it looks good on you.” She rolled over so that she was touching his side; her arm flew over his chest and she nuzzled his body with her head. “Brett you are so sweet; okay, I will wear it for you.”
 
She got up and turned around to see him get up; “where are you going Brett?” He turned his head back to Blair; “well I thought I would give you some private time. I need to go get changed anyway, and make sure I'm clean. I will meet you at class, and after your classes we will go on our first date.”
 
A long sigh came from Blair; “I thought we would skip class so we could spend all day together.” Brett shook his head no; “Blair we are going to spend all day together. I know you are excited, but I cannot let you forget all your responsibilities for me. I will be with you as much as possible but I'm not going to get you in trouble… sadly you still have classes to attend.”
 
Blair was touched by how much he cared for her; she reluctantly agreed and left to get showered and changed. Brett left, and girls said goodbye and escorted him out. Brett was halfway back to his dorm when something jumped out and grabbed him. “So where you been? I have not seen you in several days; I was beginning to think you forgot about me Brett.”
 
Brett broke the grasp and turned to see Axel; “oh hi axel!” Axel clenched his fists at his friend before continuing on his rant; “don't you hi Axel me. I have not been able to even see you in the last three or four days! I really could have used your help when I was learning the hard way how to play this game of yours. You know how many loses I've had since then?”
 
Axel leapt forward and put Brett in ahead lock; “Axel stop it! I'm sorry, ok?” Axel let go and Brett jumped back, while he regained his composure; Axel continued on. “Look I know you and Blair are becoming very close; so I'm not going to bust you on that. I just would like to spend some time with you; don't forget you have other friends too. But hey if you just want to abandon your friends then go ahead…”
 
“Axel it is not that, but everyone just keep pulling me every direction. Blair is trying to get me attached to her forever; which really I'm not complaining about. I have been ignoring my other friends, and I'm sorry for that. Jaden is still missing, and everyone now knows everything about me; I'm getting stressed…” Brett finished and Axel looked into his eyes and saw that he was dead tired.
 
“Anything else you want to tell me about? Like maybe how you look dead on your feet?” Brett tried to wake up, but he was having a fair amount of trouble; “I'm fine Axel.” Axel sighed and he turned Brett around, and they continued to walk. “Brett you know I can tell when you are lying; so stop wasting our time and tell me what's going on… I could always force it out of you the hard way.”
 
“I have been having serious muscle spasms lately in my body, and I have been barely able to hide them from Blair. It is nothing, but it is making sleeping a challenge.” Brett closed his eyes from the lack of sleep; “ever think that maybe should take a day off. So you are not really that stressed as well as being worn out? And I guess you have not told Blair right?”
 
Brett could only shake his head, and Axel put his arm around Brett's shoulder. “Just do not ware yourself out too much; so you want to get this pain checked out?” Axel questioned; Brett shook his head no, and Axel had only one thing left to say. “If it gets any worse; then I will drag you to a doctor the hard way.” Brett shook his head that he understood; he looked up to see they were at the Obelisk Blue Boys' Dorm.
 
The two continued towards the entrance, but there path was blocked by a group of ten students. “Look who it is guys! If it isn't the legendary student; the one who thinks he is so great!” stated one student; causing; Axel took his arm off of Brett's shoulder. He tried to step forward, but Brett held his arm out in front of Axel. “What do you want from me?”
 
The same guy continued to talk, while the rest circled Brett and Axel all giving them harsh unforgiving looks. “'WE' just want to know where you been; after all you belong at our dorm, and you have not been around that much. So you must really think you are great; quite frankly we do not want you around.”
 
Brett and Axel were both anticipating a fight; Axel was not going to let his friend get attacked not in the state he was. “What are all you lame excuse for duelists winning about?”
 
Brett turned to see Chazz approaching them; all of the students that were harassing Brett turned their attention to Chazz. “If all of you want to prove your better then him; get out there and start showing others you are better! If you do something like this then you do not belong here, and I will make sure you all get what you disserve for being this pathetic.” Seven of the students ran off right away from the threat, but three duelists stayed behind to question Chazz. “What's the matter Chazz? I thought you hated this guy too?”
 
“After that pathetic display; I'm embarrassed to have you as Obelisk students. I'm even thinking Brett is better then you; at least he is not quite so pathetic. Never do something this stupid, or I will make sure you are not only expelled for this disgrace you bring to my dorm.” Two more students ran off leaving one behind. “Chazz you scare them; not me. I'll take you down a peg later Brett; then everyone will se how great you really are, or maybe I could go after you girlfriend instead!”
 
Axel could only hold Brett back from attacking him right then and there. The student laughed and ran off; leaving the three guys behind. Axel held Brett back still; slowly he calmed down, and his heart rate returned to normal. “Thank you Chazz for stopping the fight; I was not feeling up to it.”
 
“Do not get the wrong idea Brett; that kind of thing demotes me as well. If I ever see that kind of stuff against a student from my dorm; they will be expelled. I'm surprised to see the great Brett looking so down.” Axel laughed at Chazz; “I thought you did not like Brett?” Chazz got flustered and turned around; “fine, then maybe I should not have helped you then.”
 
“No Chazz …thank you for helping me back there.” Brett spoke causing Chazz to be surprised. “Well you can repay my kindness later; so why are you so bummed sounding.” Axel's face turned serious and he realized he could no say anything yet, now he had to chose what to reveal carefully. “Well; Brett is tired from lack of sleep. He is also feeling stressed because he has his first date tonight!” Brett went to ask how Axel knew, but was silenced by Axel; who put his other hand in front of his mouth.
 
No matter how he struggled; he could not free him self. “Well if it is his first time; it is obvious why he is stressed. Listen you are part of my dorm; so at least get cleaned up so you do not embarrass us. Next time don't let those guys push you around; I'm even surprised you took that lying down.” Axel nodded, and pulled his friend into the dorm. Axel let Brett go who stopped Axel; “Axel; how did you know that? I have told no one that I was going out with Blair tonight.”
 
A single finger was pointed at Brett; “let's face it... since you were coming here it was pretty obvious something was happening. The last few nights you come here to shower and change; then you leave. But now you are here again this morning; plus I just guessed that it was going to happen sooner or later.” Brett could not answer anymore; Axel chuckled before continuing to talk. “Looks like I got it right; well get in there and get to it. You do not want to keep your girlfriend waiting.”
 
Bret was shoved by Axel into the bathroom that was close by his room, and Axel laughed at his friend. The door shut tight behind Brett, and he started to get ready for his shower. Axel left to go into his room; the dorm was pretty well empty. All students were gone, and Axel just needed to take a rest before classes started. He was truly worried about his friend, but he would tell Blair later.
 
Water pored down on Brett; he had his eyes closed from the lack of sleep. He was still anxious for tonight, but he was unable to keep his eyes open any longer. Brett had found that the more energy he put into his body; the less the pain came. His body relaxed for the first time since his first attack that happened a week ago. Slowly he felt something he had not felt in a week; a wonderful relaxed feeling of not having to try just to keep the pain under control.
 
It felt wonderful to him; the shear feeling finally relieved the stress on his mind. There was no pain, but then it happened and pain came from no where with a sudden sharp jolt. The next instant later and he collapsed to his knees; the pain felt like a thousand glowing hot nails bring driven into his body. He screamed out for anyone to help; the pain was making it near impossible to make any sound. He let out one last scream he pored energy back into his body and slowly the pain receded.
 
The amount of energy that he had used to stop the pain had left him incredibly drained. He was panting hard on the floor in the shower. In those twenty seconds he had relaxed, he had experienced more pain then in the battles in the other dimension. He could not move, or even budge; he prayed for anyone to come and help him. He stopped the shower, and got out slowly; he was using a lot of energy to try and finish his shower.
 
The pain was still present; he wrapped himself in a towel and tried to leave. He reached for the door but he could not turn the handle even in the slightest. All of his strength was used up trying to stop the pain; he could either reach and open the door, and allow the pain to come back, or he could stop the pain for a while. Brett hobbled for a moment before he fell backwards almost like a doll that nothing was holding up.
 
His head hit the counter; nearly knocking him unconscious. Brett had chosen what was the lesser of two evils; he was holding the pain back, but was unable to move. Axel listened for Brett to get out but he saw nothing pass by his door. He got up and went over to the bathroom; he banged on the door having had enough of waiting. “Hey Brett what are you doing in there. You know she does not care how bad you look right?”
 
Seconds passed and there was no answer; he got quickly worried and knocked again. “Brett you ok? Brett!” Axel shouted; the door was locked, but Axel tried to think before doing something drastic. He ran to Brett's room which was a few doors away; the room was empty and looked like it was uninhabited by anything. Axel rushed back to the bathroom and kicked the door in with his strength.
 
The sight made him gasp; Brett was lying there with a towel around his waist. Axel shouted Brett's name; there was no response and Brett looked like he was in massive amount of pain. Axel picked him up and brought him to his room. Brett was set down on his bed; Axel checked his pulse but thankfully he was fine. Axel checked Brett's head; he had a huge bump were he had hit the counter, and his forehead was burning up.
 
Then Axel was surprised when Brett shot up; he sat up and stood on his own. Axel stayed near him wondering what was going on. “Brett are you ok; what happened?” Axel asked the questions at an alarming rate while Brett slowly went back to being him self. “I let my guard down and relaxed, and the pain came back. This time it was so intense; I don't think I can handle that kind of pain again... it took a lot to get it under my control.”
 
Axel could not even imagine what had crippled Brett to such a degree; then he realized the meaning of his words. “Wait a second! You mean you have to focus to keep that pain away. Brett that is not good man; we need to get you to a doctor a doctor now.” Brett shook his head; “no Axel I promised Blair. I'm fine; I can hold out now for a while. Trust me; this is something I feel I have to do for her. I need to ask you as my friend to let me do this.”
 
The red haired man shook his head; he could not believe how stubborn he was. There was no way that he would be able to force Brett to go see a doctor yet, but no doubt he would need to see one. “Fine Brett; I will let you go on your date on two conditions. First I will wait for you an escort you to school to make sure you are alright. Second I want you to swear that tomorrow you will go see a doctor. I need you to swear this to me or I can't let you go.”
 
Brett nodded, but Axel would not accept; he told Brett to swear it to him. “Fine Axel; I swear to go see someone tomorrow.”
 
Axel nodded and left the room; he shut the door and waited for Brett. He kept a close ear on what was going on in case he collapsed again. Axel was truly starting to worry about his friend. To see him collapsed was extremely strange; he had been briefed about how strong Brett was, but he was crippled by what was afflicting him.
 
Brett emerged minutes later in a clean version of his new outfit. Axel escorted Brett to School; they were slightly late, but it did not matter. Blair was waiting outside; she was worried about what was taking him so long as she sat on a small block letting her leg dangle off. Then she saw Brett and jumped up; she ran at full speed and leapt into Brett's arms. Axel was worried but Brett seemed fine, but then again this must have been going on for longer then he had known him.
 
“Brett I was getting worried; what took you so long.” Brett was about to respond when Axel cut in; “sorry Blair it was my fault. I kept Brett busy when he was suppose to be meeting you. Sorry Blair…” Blair scowled at him; by this point she disliked anything that kept Brett away. Then she turned back to Brett and smiled; “oh well. That is just like my wonderful boyfriend. He is always helping others.”
 
Axel smiled and apologized again; Brett felt bad but Axel shook his head to tell him not to worry. Blair heard the second bell and she started to pull Brett with her. Axel watched the two leave; he was impressed that he had found someone that loved him that much. Tomorrow Axel had to make it his first priority to get Brett to a Mrs. Fontaine to look at him.
 
The two arrived at Blair's first class with Mrs. Fontaine; the all female class was not surprised to see Brett. The entire school had been notified about Brett's elevated status. At this point he could drop in on any class, and it did not hurt that the female population thought greatly of him. Blair and Brett sat down together; Jasmine sat beside Brett, and Alexis and Mindy sat behind the three.
 
“I would like all you girls to welcome Brett; at this point he is a special class of student. He will most likely be attending this class because Blair is here.” Mrs. Fontaine finished and all the girls all gasped at what he had done for her; it was a little overwhelming. “So I would like you all to welcome him into our group. To think he is so privileged, so all of you better be nice to him to your idol..”
 
Brett face turned to shock; he was wondering what she meant; “oh sorry Brett. I guess the girls forgot to tell you that you have your own fan club.” Mrs. Fontaine stopped speaking for a moment and all the girls laughed and giggled. Blair put her hand around Brett's arm; she still felt very possessive and was not going to let anyone have him.
 
The class started and everything was just going right by Brett. He was having trouble keeping the pain from coming back, and relaxing was forbidden fruit once again. Blair was paying close attention when Brett felt a hand on his leg. He looked down to see Jasmine's hand running up and down his leg suggestively; he looked over to see her with a deviously sexy smile across her face. He moved quickly and grabbed her hand; she stopped doing it but kept really close to Brett.
 
The class finished, and everyone left for lunch; Blair and Brett sat down and began to eat. Jasmine sat with them. She was trying incredibly hard to get Brett's attention. She ate her food very provocatively; Blair noticed and tried the same thing. She ended up nearly choking and Brett helped patted her back to try and help her. He would have taken more notice if it were not for the amount of effort he was using to keep the pain away.
 
The rest of the day passed by at a grueling pace; at the end Blair and Brett quickly disappeared. Jasmine was not about to give up; she left the school in search of the guy she loved. Brett took Blair out to the cliffs; it was peaceful so likely they would be left alone. Brett had picked up a basket that he refused to tell of its meaning and insisted it was a surprise.
 
They sat beside one another for a while till they heard a rustling. Brett got up quickly; he was worried about someone that could have malicious intent. “Who is there? ANSWER ME NOW!” Hasleberry shot up waving his hands; “sorry, sorry, sorry. I was just skipping school, and kind of fell asleep here. I'm sorry; am I disrupting something.”
 
The expression across Blair's face frightened Hasleberry beyond belief because her expression was so upset. She grabbed the basket and stomped off with Brett; she just wanted Brett alone to her self on their first date. They walked down to the beach and Blair was about to sit down till Brett stopped her. He reached in and grabbed a blanket and spread it out across the beach. Blair was speechless at his chivalry, and just instinctively giggled.
 
The sun was beginning to set; they sat there together and watched the sunset together. Blair was starting to get hungry but she ignored it; Brett was doing what they were always doing, but this felt so special. If Brett were to bring out her favorite food then she would not be able to hold herself back. She was so in love, and it was her perfect guy; she wondered if Jaden could have been this good. She quickly forgot that and remembered that she was now with Brett, and everything was perfect.
 
Jasmine was watching from the upper cliff; she held a branch in her left hand. Her grip tightened around till the branch broke; she was so angry that Brett was not with her. She did not now why she was attracted, but it did not matter at this point. He should be hers she thought; she imagined kissing him. Then her mind drifted deeper into thoughts about having him, and then Jasmine lost her balance.
 
The brown haired girl slipped and fell downwards landing on her knees in the sand. Both Brett and Blair turned around to see the girl kneeling in the sand with a bright red face. Blair told Jasmine to leave her boyfriend alone, and again she found herself packing up and leading Brett off. Jasmine was really embarrassed, but there was no way she was giving up. Brett was an amazing prize to her; she wanted him and she would not give up.
 
They arrived at the abandoned dorm; she led him in and they laid the blanket down. “Sorry Brett for us doing this here, but it will be quiet here.” She had closed her eyes as she spoke; then Brett's hands were placed on her shoulder. “You don't have to apologize Blair; this is where we first really admitted we liked one another. This place is very important to me because of that, and I think it is right we ended up here.”
 
A tear came to Blair's eyes; Brett reached and pulled out a dinner that astounded his girlfriend and that was sure to delight her senses. There were golden egg sandwiches, chocolate cheesecake, spicy peppers, bottled water, sweet drinks, and other things that interested both of them but the young blue haired girl could not fathom when he had time to do all this. “Brett; when did you get all of this ready for today?” Brett waited for a moment before responding; “I made this in some spare time I had. I really wanted you to enjoy this first date.”
 
Blair began to cry about this touching gesture of pure love, to her it was perfect. “Brett that is so beautiful that you did this for us! Next time we go on a date I get to cook for you though.” Brett agreed and she scouted over so they sat beside one another. Around the corner stood Samantha; tears poring down her face while she listened to all of the happiness Blair had because of Brett. She clenched a knife in her hands, while she worked up the courage to do what she needed.
 
The knife's handle was being squeezed with all of Samantha's might. She really wanted to see Blair dead; her hatred for Blair had flowered into a serious obsession that she needed to die. She wanted to see Blair dead in cold blood; then she could have Brett. That was it; she was ready and moved forward when a black portal appeared behind her. A black gloved hand reached out and covered her mouth; no sound could be heard as she was pulled back into the portal.
 
The date continued blissfully unaware of Samantha; the two ate a verity of food, but Brett had brought so many of her favorites that it was impossible for her to refuse. She was just overwhelmed, and she loved it; Blair even got her boyfriend to try a few of her favorites. Each took turns spoon feeding the other and it was fun playing with the other; they ate the hole packed dinner in the single sitting. The golden eggs were fantastic; the spicy food was spicy for Blair; which she loved, and the cheesecake was like a beautiful dream in terms of taste.
 
They finished and they packed up; they left out the front and sat down in the field. Blair rested her head on his shoulder. It was nighttime and the sky was clear; there were hundreds of stars visible, and they both thought it was so romantic. Blair was feeling very attracted to Brett; all the special things continually proved that it was not just a physical attraction, but rather true love.
 
Soon they lay down for about an hour; Blair had her right arm over Brett's body. Her left arm was underneath her neck; she still looked up at the starry sky. Brett's body warmth felt good since the air was a little chilly. Suddenly a bright star burst and began to shoot across the sky. Both of them sat up and watched it; Blair looked to Brett and spoke. “Brett; look a shooting star! It's so beautiful… they say if you make a wish that it will come true so maybe you should.”
 
“I already have, and its about to come true.”
 
Blair turned and their eyes locked; his right hand touched her left cheek. Blair's eyes slowly closed and she leaned forward, while Brett did the same thing. They inched together, while the shooting star came through the earth's atmosphere. The tension mounted and Blair could no longer wait for this event; she moved forward and they finally shared their first real kiss with there lips finally meeting.
 
The star hit the ground just as their lips locked; they both melted into the kiss. Blair could feel Brett's firm but smooth lips on hers; she never wanted this feeling to leave, and neither did Brett. Blair's hands found the back of his head and gently pulled him in closer. She ignored his bump and so did Brett; they were too deeply captivated by this kiss.
 
After half a minute they parted lips; Blair was still blushing and her body was tingling with excitement. If he had tried to go a little further she would have let him, but Brett was not that hasty and she loved that it was possible to be trusting. She had never been so excited about anything. This date had exceeded her expectations, and it was finally set in her mind; this was the man she would spend the rest of her life with. This was true love…
 
They traveled back to Blair's room; they forgot about changing and Blair stayed in her Slifar Red outfit. They lay down in bed for a moment before Blair rolled up onto Brett stomach. Brett was a little surprised to have her on top of him, but it was not like he did not enjoy it. “Brett can I ask you one thing?” Brett nodded and she continued; “could we have another kiss like that one…”
 
His hand pulled her head down till they shared another kiss; this time Blair was caught off guard. Soon she was kissing back and then Brett went another step. She could feel his mouth wrapping around her lips and she tried the same. She was enjoying this much more and soon they parted. Blair was out of breath and was slightly turned on. She moved off Brett and she got into her sleeping position right beside him.
 
Blair was on her side; she had one arm under his neck and the other over his chest. Her leg wrapped around Brett's thigh; her head lay close to Brett's head. She was going to fall asleep tonight; she was certain of two things. One Brett was perfect for her, and two that he was hers. “Thank you so much Brett… I absolutely love you, and I'm really going to be with you forever… I'm so glad I found you…”
 
Brett felt the exact same way; “Blair I absolutely love you too; I will always be with you. You know you have my heart…” Blair heard those words and fell asleep immediately; her dreams and thoughts were of Brett and she had never been happier. Brett fell asleep as well; unaware of what had come back to them.
 
Slowly a figure rose out of the crater on Duel Academy Island; the crater was created by the shooting star. Syrus rushed over to see what had happened; the figure stood up and the moonlight revealed the person's face. Jaden stood there; back from the other dimension with a much more mature look. The real story was just about to begin that would seal this era …