Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Nine Month Rollercoaster Ride ❯ Chapter Four: Oh boy, or oh girl? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NINE MONTH ROLLERCOASTER RIDE
 
ML: Ok… chapter four. Now, I don't own GX, Kazuki Takahashi does, I just own all OCs.
 
Chazz: So what happened?

ML: Well… Jaden got into a bit of trouble with both Alexis and the law, but it got rectified before it got out of hand.
 
Chazz: Oh man! I would've broken them up and written this fic as a Chazz/Alexis! Can't get what you want all the time.
 
ML: Yeah. Anyway, ROLL FILM!
 
 
Chapter Four: Oh boy, or Oh Girl?
 
SUMMARY
 
“Now… about that drunk driving arrest… Promise me you won't go off getting drunk or getting into any more trouble for the rest of my pregnancy?” Alexis asked.
 
“I promise.” Jaden said. “I'm home now.”
 
“Yes.” Alexis replied, as they kissed again. “Home to stay…”
 
END SUMMARY
A few weeks after though, we were no longer calling that apartment home. Atticus managed to get his realtor's license with a bit of help from me and the guys. Then, Tyranno had earned an honourable discharge from the army, and got a job at a furniture store. So, after the move, and a bit of help from two of my friends, we were settling down, thinking about the last three months. The next few were gonna be interesting.
 
“Oh!” Alexis said; her hand on her stomach as she felt the baby kick.
 
“Let me guess. A kick.” Jaden replied, as he was preparing breakfast. After he prepped and washed up, the couple both ate, and it was then that Jaden could finally relax. Alexis was beside him, her head on his shoulders, and she had placed his hand in her hand, both hands intertwined, and on her stomach. `I can feel it…' He thought, as the baby kicked again.
 
Of course, with Alexis now as big as a house (No offence to my wife) and in her second trimester, we had to make a few modifications. She was well into maternity leave already, and well, I decided to take a lighter load when it came to my duelling coach job. I only took one or two clients now, and I worked only in the morning. The stork was now officially on his way. I just hoped it wouldn't come too soon.
 
Then came month number six… Sure, we had an ultrasound already, in the 10th week of her pregnancy before the whole napkin debacle. I kept the picture right in the inside cover of my day timer. Of course, we had it again. This time, it was to determine what the baby will be: a boy, or a girl.
 
Jaden looked at the screen while the ultrasound was being done. There it was. On the screen. “Well, kids, looks like it's gonna be a girl.” The technician said.
 
“Cool.” Jaden replied. Minutes later, Jaden had the envelope containing the latest ultrasound pictures in his possession.
 
The day after that, Tyranno came over to help pick out the furniture for the baby's room. Of course, Alexis also had some opinion about it, which crib to get, which drawer to get. Tyranno picked out some of the pieces too, since he was a furniture salesman now.
 
“Thanks again, Tyranno.” Jaden said.
 
“You're welcome, soldier.” Tyranno replied. “However, just because you're my friend, you get no discount.”
 
“What?” Jaden asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“I'm just kidding! 10% discount for you guys.” Tyranno answered. He then fired away another question. “So, what are you planning to name the little one?”
 
“Hmm… How about Adriana?” Jaden asked, not knowing Alexis was behind him.
 
“I like that name.” She answered.
 
END CHAPTER
 
 
Ok… just at least one more chapter left, and an epilogue if I plan on it… R&R!