Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Nine Month Rollercoaster Ride ❯ Chapter Five: Hospital Hijinx! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NINE MONTH ROLLERCOASTER RIDE
 
AN: Chapter five on the house! Well, let's just say you guys already know the disclaimer about me not owning YGO GX… Uh, yeah. Let's go.
 
 
Chapter Five: Hospital Hijinx!
 
SUMMARY
 
“I'm just kidding! 10% discount for you guys.” Tyranno answered. He then fired away another question. “So, what are you planning to name the little one?”
 
“Hmm… How about Adriana?” Jaden asked, not knowing Alexis was behind him.
 
“I like that name.” She answered.
 
END SUMMARY
 
We finally made it to the ninth month. With Alexis ready to give birth any day now, we made every precaution necessary, including packing her suitcase in the eighth month, calling her relatives and everything else. We even studied up on the signs of labour. But there's that old saying, “No matter how prepared you are you still got to expect the unexpected. Boy, were we about to find THAT out in the next few days! Oh man, Alexis is starting to crown… Gotta go!
 
Alexis woke up at three a.m. “Ow…” she moaned out.
 
“Contractions?” Jaden asked.
 
“Yeah.” Alexis answered. “I think it's today…” She said.
 
“All right… Stay calm…” Jaden replied. They changed as quickly as they could, while mustering every bit of calm they had. But something strange happened when they got to the hospital; the contractions were being weaker instead of stronger.
 
“Looks like a false alarm.” Doctor Green said, as he was working the night shift.
 
“Thanks anyway, doc.” Jaden replied as they left. They got home as the sun went up, and they immediately went right to bed. A week passed without anything, and then it happened again. Alexis having contractions, and the couple going to the hospital to find out it was ANOTHER false alarm.
 
“You know, I'm pretty sure I'm pretty confused about the difference between labour pains and indigestion.” Alexis said.
 
(AN: A little “Father of the Bride Part II” reference, if you don't know the quote.)
 
“I can tell. But right now, I just wanna sleep…” Jaden replied.
 
A week after, the boys were together at Jaden's place playing poker while Alexis was visiting Atticus' apartment. The other boys had all threw in their money as Jaden's turn was approaching. “I call.” Jaden said.
 
“I check, slacker.” Chazz replied. He then turned to Syrus, and said, “Flop them, and make it good, shrimp. I got to pay off Jasmine!” He skipped the burned card, and was about to flip the river card over when the phone rang. Jaden got up, and took the call.
 
“Hello?” Jaden said.
 
“I know you guys have had your false alarms, but I think this is it!” Atticus yelled.
 
“Excuse me?” Jaden asked.
 
“Alexis' water broke! Get over to the hospital ASAP, and bring her suitcase with you!” Atticus said.
 
“All right. I'm on my way.” Jaden replied as both parties hung up.
 
“What happened?” Bastion said.
 
“I'm gonna be a dad tonight.” Jaden replied. Bastion's eyes just widened.
 
“You sure about this, my friend?” Bastion asked.
 
“Yes.” Jaden answered. “Let's go!” It was then that the guys got ready, and Syrus and Tyranno made sure that they got
The suitcase. Then they were on their way.
 
“Whoa!” Chazz screamed. “I bet that was a stop sign you just passed!”
 
“Not to mention you're going, I don't know… TWO TIMES THE LEGAL SPEED LIMIT?” Tyranno said.
 
“Hey! Alexis needs me right now!” Jaden yelled. However, he saw a cop car behind him, and shades of his drunk driving arrest came flying back at him. He stopped.
 
“What seems to be the trouble officer?” Jaden asked, praying it wasn't the same one.
 
“I remember you.” The officer said, as Jaden groaned. “You do know you're going two times the legal speed limit. What's your excuse?”
 
`Got nothing to lose, except Alexis…' Jaden thought, as he went for the most plausible one. “My wife's about to give birth!” Jaden said.
 
“Oh my…” The cop said. “Well, I'll give you a warning. Take it easy.” He then walked back to his car, and Jaden drove the boys over without any more incidents.
 
“It's official. I'm never letting you drive us anywhere again!” Syrus said, as they made it to the front desk.
 
“Maternity…” Jaden said.
 
“Uh… third floor, first hallway to the left.” The woman said. The boys took the directions, and were there just in time to see Alexis getting carted out.
 
“Jaden! Just in time!” Alexis said as she gave him a peck on the lips.
 
“So is this good looking guy your husband?” One doctor asked.
 
“Yeah, he is.” Atticus said. “Believe me; I've been trying to get them together while they were in school.”
 
“Don't.” Alexis said. She then turned to Jaden and asked, “How'd you get here so fast? Did you get into any trouble?”
 
“Hey, I got away with a warning!” Jaden answered.
 
“All right, here we are.” Another doctor said as they made it to the birthing room. Jaden and Atticus stopped, and Chazz walked up to him.
 
“Uh… Jaden?” Chazz asked.
 
“Yeah, Chazz?” Jaden asked back.
 
“Well… guess this is it, pal. You're gonna be a dad. Good luck.” Chazz said.
 
“Good luck, soldier.” Tyranno said.
 
Bastion then told him, “You better get in there. Alexis needs you.” Jaden just nodded, and so did Syrus and Chumley as Jaden went into the room Alexis
and the doctors were in.
 
END CHAPTER
 
Ok… now this next chapter will be the last one, if I decide to NOT do the epilogue… R&R!