Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ She's a prize now?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I still don't own YGO GX but I'm working on it! (not really)

It was a calm morning, Mike was staring out across the vast sea. Any day now. He thought to himself. If there's going to be competition let me take them. A demonic hiss spoke to him. Cody'll be putting you away any day now, and for now I'm still in control. Mike thought to the 'demon' if you want to call it that. But as long as there is anger and desire in your heart I shall triumph, remember you still want her. The voice hissed as Mike's thoughts swirled into a picture of the beautiful Alexis Rhodes. Neither you nor I will be her's, she and Jaden have something special. Mike thought, agitating the voice. If you won't do something about it then I will, and I'll take down all who oppose me. The voice spoke more clearly now. You'll do nothing of the sort. Mike thought to the voice. But you understand that I'm always coscious of everything in your sub-conscious, I can see your thoughts...your dreams. The words the voice spoke shocked Mike, he hadn't realized that this presence could know all that Mike thought. He knew Mike's desire and he could exploit it to twist Mike into a mindless, soul-less puppet that this spirit could posses as it wished. What exactly do you want? Mike thought. Nothing more then power, even you can understand my wish, even you desire power. The whole reason you did what you did back before you came here was to show people that you had power and knew how to wield it. The voice hissed. That's not it at all I was defending what was mine. Mike thought fiercely. Then why not defend Ms. Rhodes, she's as much yours as she is anyone else's. The voice said knowing full well what it was doing to Mike. Because she isn't anyone's in the first place. Mike thought, his anger reaching it's peak. His face lost all expression, but was replaced with a look of malice and an evil smirk. "Then I guess I should go claim her then." The 'demon' had emerged from Mike's sub-conscious.

"Mike, open up, it's time for class!" Syrus Truesdale was pounding on Mike's door screaming for him to hurry up. The demonic Mike appeared behind him. "I've been ready for the last half hour." Demon Mike stated. "Oh, well let's go I have that exam duel to take and I want to test out the deck you gave me." Syrus said cheerfully as the two guys started walking along the path to the main academy. "So, there's a new batch of couples surfacing around the school." Demon Mike said looking around at couples who were watching the sea and holding hands, some were kissing or just staring into each other's eyes. "Make's me sick." Demon Mike had let it slip. "What?" Syrus said looking at Mike confusedly. "I mean, wonder when that'll be me." Mike said with a tone suggested contrarily. Get out of my head! Mike was thought-yelling at the 'demon'. As long as you're angry I'll be in control. The demon hissed. "Hey Alexis!" Syrus said. Mike came back under control. "Where?" Mike said looking around. "Ha! I knew it you like Alexis." Syrus taunted. "I do not!" Mike said covering his eyes with his hand to hide his furious blushing. "Then why were you so anxious to see me then?" Alexis said as Mike turned around to notice she was behind him. "Umm.......no reason." Mike said turning to start to walk away. "You had to think about your answer so it was a lie, I'm not easily fooled." Alexis said with a warm smile. "Oh...well um...bye." Mike said as he began to dash off toward the Obelisk Arena. "Yeah, he really likes you." Syrus said as he began running after Mike.

"Why didn't you ask her out back there?" Syrus said as he caught up to Mike. "The timing was all off." Mike hadn't realized he slipped up. "Ha! Further confimation. You like Alexis! You like Alexis!" Syrus sang. "I do not!" Mike yelled as he was growing more willing to throttle Syrus. "When are you gonna face facts?" Syrus said as he ended his taunt. "When are you gonna stop being a nerd." Mike said as he began walking off to the arena again. "You didn't need to be so harsh about it." Syrus whimpered as he fell in step. "Well, you did kind of deserve it." Mike said. "So this duel is pretty important, I need to make sure I'm gonna win, you think I could use your fire deck Mike?" Syrus thought it would be safe to ask. "No, you have to use the deck I gave you, the experiment will become..." Mike started. "I get it, contaminated." Syrus said as he began looking through the deck. "How're you gonna prove this duel came out the way you want, for the assignment?" Syrus asked as he and Mike reached the door to the Arena. "I'll have my ways." Mike said as he opened the door. "For now concentrate on the match." Mike said as he began walking up the stairs to the Chancellor's box. "Why is he going that way?" Syrus asked himself.

"Chancellor Shepard." Mike said with a nod to the headmaster of the academy. "The controls to the stadium are yours to do with as you please." Chancellor Shepard said as he left the room. "Attention students, todays exam duel between Syrus Truesdale and Zach Lucas will begin momentarily." Mike said into a microphone as he took out a digital camcorder and plugged it into the camera controls of the stadium. "And now with out further delay let the duel begin!" Mike said into the microphone. "My move." Syrus said drawing a card. "I play two cards face down, play the field spell Pandemonium, and summon Warrior of Zera. That'll end my turn." Syrus said as Zach drew a card. "I summon, Blast Magician..." "Wrong!" Called Syrus as he activated a face down card. "I play Trap Hole to destroy it." Syrus cheered as a gaping hole appeared underneath the magician, automatically destroying it. "Guess I end my turn then." Zach said as Syrus drew another card. "I sacrifice my Field Spell and my Warrior, to special summon Mazera Deville in attack mode." Mike used a computer to make the lights go out all around the dueling area. Some students began to panic. Mike said into the mic, "Don't worry just some power troubles, I'll get it back up just continue with the duel as planned." Mike was really only doing this to psyche Syrus's opponent out. "I'm not done yet, I play Terraforming so I can bring another Pandemonium to my hand. I then play my Field Spell, and summon Shadowknight Archfiend in attack mode." Two meters appeared to show the attack points of the monsters. Mazera had 2600 and the Shadowknight had 2000. "Now my two monsters attack his life points directly!" Syrus yelled as the two monsters sprang into the air and brought their swords down upon Zach. His lifepoints dropped to 400 because Shadowknight's effect cuts his attack points in half when he attacks directly. Mike made the lights behave erratically as the monsters attacked, making more people panic. His camera recorded every single move the duelists made and all the wonderful angles the cameras around the stadium had for monster attacks. He knew this would be one kick-ass presentation. Syrus then played Poison of the Old Man to deplete Zach's life points. The duel ended and the lights went back to normal.

"Dude, you had the whole room totally scared it was HILARIOUS!" Jaden said as the Slifers exited the stadium. "So it was you!" Joann yelled from behind the group of guys. "You messed with Syrus' deck, you should be ashamed of yourself!" Joann was running after Mike, fist clenched and ready to strike. As she threw the punch Mike caught it inches from his face. "It was for an assignment." Mike explained as he pushed Joann's fist away from him. "Then what was with the lights?" Joann interogated. "Psyching out all who were in the room." Mike said with a chuckle. Syrus had exited the stadium, but he wasn't happy to find what was going on with his girl friend and Mike. Joann must've planned for this to happen because, when Mike had chuckled she began to sob. "That was cruel and...and...you bastard!" Joann wound up to punch Mike again, Syrus interveined. "Jo-Jo what's wrong?" Syrus said holding Joann. "Your friend really scared me, you know with the lights." Joann sobbed onto Syrus' shoulder. "It's ok, it's ok." Syrus reassured her. "Oh please, I'm sure nobody was that scared." Mike said rooling his eyes. A couple of freshmen walked out of the stadium, pale as ghosts. "Or not." Mike said. He hadn't realized the trouble he'd gotten himself into with the other students. Some were laughing, others completely calm, and the rest were shocked beyond belief. They actually thought it was the monsters that made the lights behave wildly. Mike thought. "Well I have to go complete the editing for my assignment." Mike said to the others. "Mike." Syrus said sternly. "Hmmm...oh, sorry Joannn." Mike said as he began to walk away.

Back at the Slifer dorm, Mike was reviewing the tape. He wrote down some notes about the video. As he watched the screen he realized he didn't do certain things with the lights. First off he didn't make them over lap into the shape of a skull when Mazera attacked. You. Mike thought to the demon. Ok you caught me, I messed with the people. The demon spoke to Mike with a hint of triumph. Don't do it again. Mike threatened. You hold no grip on me. The demon hissed. But remember I hold all control when not angered. Mike shot back.

Mike finished all of the editing and went out side to just sort of relax. Of course Chazz had to ruin it. "Ok slacker, just who do you think you are messing with my woman?" Chazz said as Mike rose to face him. "Michael J. Kaiba. Who do you think you are for claiming Alexis as your own when she won't even give you so much as a smile?" Mike said narrowing his eyes. "I..I'm The Chazz, one of the best, why don't you face me for her? How about that, hm think you can take me." Chazz had became over confident. "If I were to duel anyone for her it would be Jaden, because he and Alexis have something, however I understand that she is not a prize to be won. I won't do that despite the amount I may like her." Mike tried to walk away, but was stopped when Jaden walked over. "I got your text Chazz what's up?" At that same point Alexis walked over. Ok Mike, got your message, what is it you wanted to tell me?" Atticus being the 'American Idol Ninja-Judge thing' appeared from behind the tree to set the mood for the situation. In other words setting the "Duel for Alexis' love" avalanche in motion. "It seems there's gonna be a triangle duel for your love." Atticus then pulled out a ukelele and strummed his fingers across the strings. "Oh, no there won't" Alexis said. Knocking Chazz out cold. Rolling her eyes she said "If there's gonna be that kind of duel I don't want Chazz to win. At least I want to go out with you two." Alexis then shifted her eyes between the two boys. "So you're looking for some excitement, putting yourself up as a prize eh?" Atticus strummed his ukelele again. "You sleep now!" Mike went all ninja on that fool as he knocked out Atticus swiftly. Alexis didn't seem to really care about what had just happened to her brother. "You up to the challenge?" Alexis said to the two combatants. "You know I won't turn down a duel." Jaden and Mike said in unison. " Then let the duel begin." Alexis said handing the guys a couple of duel disks.

The duel began, Jaden went first. "I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack mode!" Jaden shouted as his monster appeared before him. "If that's your best then this'll be quick." Mike teased. "I play Graceful Charity and draw three cards and toss two, I summon Six Samurai-Irou in attack mode, and thanks to this monsters special effect I special summon Grandmaster of the Six Samurai!" Mike yelled as two samurais in full armor appeared before him. "Now Irou, attack Sparkman!" Mike commanded his monster as it leaped into the air and stabbed Sparman causing it to explode. "Now Grandmaster, attack him directly!" The Grandmaster charged his adversary and slashed him with a giant steel blade. In total Jaden lost 2200 life points, but he wasn't done yet. "My move and I play Ancient Rules to let me special summon Elemental Hero Neos, next I summon Neo Spacian Glow Moss. Initiate contact Fusion to create Elemental Hero Glow Neos!" A shining version of the alien hero fell from the sky and landed at his master's side. "Next I play the field spell Neo Space. Now Neos attack Irou..." "Wrong." Mike said. "Because I have another Six Samurai monster it gets destroyed instead Irou." "Darn." Jaden said as Neos changed his attack target. "My move and I summon Six Samurai-Kamon in attack mode and play my field spell, Shien's Castle of the Mist. Finally I equip Irou with Sword of Deep-Seated and Lightning Blade. Now Irou attack Neos!" Mike yelled as his dark samurai swung a huge dark aura blade at the Neos, making it explode. Jaden's life points dropped to 600. "I summon Winged Kuriboh in attack mode, next I discard two cards and play Transcendent Wings. Now Winged Kuriboh activate your effect, I sacrifice my monster to destroy all of your samurais!" The giant winged monster self-destructed causing all the other monsters explode with it. "Next I throw two face downs and call it a turn." Jaden ended his turn. "Fine then I activate Return of the Six Samurai, so I can bring back my Grandmaster, I then summon Six Samurai-Zanji in attack mode." Mike's monsters appeared before him, poised for an attack. "I also activate Swift Samurai Storm!, so all of my Samurais gain 300 attack points after one of them attacks." Jaden stared the samurais down confidently. "Now Grandmaster end this now!" Mike yelled as his monster charged at Jaden, sword drawn. "I activate Draining Shield to negate your attack and give me twenty-two hundred life points." Mike's samurai dropped to the ground before the giant shield. "I end my turn, and because my Return card only works for one turn my Grandmaster goes back to the graveyard." Mike's samurai disappeared. "Well I guess it's my turn, and I summon Elemental Hero Stratos in attack mode next I use his effect to special summon Elemental Hero Avian. Stratos attack Zanji!" Jaden yelled as his monster took to the sky. crashing down on Zanji to explode. "My Grandmaster's effect let's me put Irou back into my hand, just thought I should say that." Mike said as he started his turn. "I activate a second Return of The Six Samurai to bring back Zanji, next I play Six Samurai Nisashi, I also activate Premature Burial to bring back Six Samurai- Nisashi. Now You may be thinking when did he get in your graveyard, well when I activated Graceful Charity, I put him in there for my two tossed cards. Because I have another Six Samurai, Nisashi can attack twice. Nisashi double attack, destroy Avian and attack directly!" Nisashi slashed Avian and then Jaden in a single strike causeing him to lose a total of 1800 points bringing him to 800 points. "Zanji end this with a direct attack!" Zanji slashed Jaden across the chest causing him to lose all of his life points.

"Alexis, remember it's your choice, if you want to have Jaden as a boyfriend I'll respect your decision." Mike was giving her one last out. She didn't accept. "I like you and Jaden alot, I knew I would have to choose. I didn't want to hurt anyone so I decided that would be the way to settle it so...yeah, that's how it went." Alexis pulled Mike into a warm hug. "Don't think I only wanted to go out with you because you won, I've liked you from the off." Jaden walked over to the newly formed couple. "two-zero to you Mike, looks like I better work on my strategy." Jaden laughed. "Not really, but I have some new Heroes I pulled from a couple of packs." Mike reached into his pockets and handed the cards to Jaden. "Sweet! I've been looking for these! Thanks." Jaden looked upon the cards with ecstacy. "Glad you like them." Mike said as he and Alexis began to walk away. Chazz came to...angry. He yelled after the couple. "Jaden...I'll get you for this." He threw a rock at Mike to get his attention, obviously he assumed Jaden had won. The rock hit Mike on the head. Jaden tapped Chazz's shoulder. "Umm...I lost." Chazz's expression went from anger to fear. Mike turned around. "Shit." Chazz said as he backed away slowly, turning and running as Mike turned around. "O...k...That was odd." Mike rubbed the back of his head as he turned to face Alexis. "You know this may damage your rep. pretty badly, sure you don't want out?" Mike cared for her so he offered one last out. "No, I'm in this for better or worse." To make it official she kissed Mike, an innocent peck but Mike understood what it meant. "Hmmm...I want to say watermelon." Mike said licking his lips. Syrus had been there just long enough. "Awwww." Syrus sighed as Mike and Alexis walked back to the Slifer dorms. "Should we follow them?" Jaden said looking suspicious. "Yes." Syrus said as the two snuck around the campus following the two duelists as they headed back to the dorms.

A/N: Well MLo this one was for you, there will definetly be some plot twists come next Chapter, but for now let's leave the couples alone and Chazz to his cowering. Ok Bumstott disembowl me with your pointy words, or not. And Cody I'm still not queer.