Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Am I interupting anything? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still don't own YGO GX.

"Why didn't you go for Monica I mean you said yourself you've seen her half-naked!" Ben was yelling at Mike. "Because it wouldn't really feel right, we're friends, that's it." Mike said calmly. "But...you...and...she...in the...Ra...I give up." Ben said as he walked away leaving Mike alone to eat his breakfast. Mike laughed "I win again." Alexis came over and kissed Mike on the cheek. "Oh, hello, what's new?" Mike asked as he put his arm around Alexis. "Same as usual, catching static for living in the Slifer dorm." Alexis said smiling up at Mike. "Then why are you smiling?" Mike said as he looked out over the vast ocean. "Oh, no reason, just thinking about how wonderful life is." Alexis said as she slid closer to Mike. "And how's our soon-to-be married couple?" Atticus walked across the campus and sat down across from the two duelists. "Ready to knock you out again." Mike said starting to rise. "Now no need for that, he'll be your brother in law soon enough." Alexis said giggling. "What?!" Atticus said as he drew back. "I'm kidding." Alexis said as Mike got up to take his plate to the counter to have it washed. "You are kidding right?" Atticus messaged his head where he had gotten hit just the day before. "Maybe." Alexis said innocently. "Well, I got class. I'll see you later." Mike said as he kissed Alexis.

Mike was walking off to his first class, he wasn't one to take public routes but didn't really pay attention today. It wan't very good after that. "Hey what's your malfunction, going out with an Obelisk like you are?" Some older Obelisk student said as he and a couple of other students stepped in front of Mike. "Hmmm...oh you meant me. I'm pretty sure I'm sane, oh wait that's right I'm a lycanthrope so I guess I'm not entirely sane." Mike stated taking a ninja style fight pose. Apparently these students were cut off from civilization for a little to long. "What the hell is a lycanthrope?" The shortest of the students asked. "I think I'm a werewolf...I have been for years." Mike stated. The kids drew back at his comment. "Oh...For the love of...That's called selective hearing children, I said think." Mike stressed the word think. "Oh, so your an average person then?" One of the older kids said advancing on Mike. "Yep, but you need a lesson in respect, and the little one seems to be the perfect tool." Mike ran past the older kids and grabbed the shortest of the students. He held him by his blazer and ran to the nearest cliff. "One move and he goes over!" Mike barked at the kids. "You wouldn't." One of the students said as he took a step forward. Mike loosened his grip a little, letting the kid slide down a little. The kid began screaming his head off. "Don't let me go, please!" "I can hold him here all day, now leave me alone." Mike said as he again loosened his grip. "Mike!" Monica had seen the commotion and decided to follow the five boys. "Put him down, now." Monica stepped ahead of the group. "No, they need to be taught a lesson, and this'll show them." Mike said as he acted as if he'd let the boy go. Monica knew Mike was serious so she did the only thing she thought would work. She hit him on the nose much similar to what people do to discipline dogs. "What the hell?" Mike said as he kept the kid held above the ocean. "You said you think you're a werewolf so I thought..." Monica started. "Why do people only hear what they want to hear?" Mike said as he swung the kid back over and dropped him on the ground. "You said..." Monica began. Mike cut her off. "That doesn't mean that smacking me on the nose will do anything!" Mike yelled. "Sorry, I can't help but misinterperet what you said, you werewolf...freak!" Monica stormed off. "What a strange person." The oldest of the students said. Mike took this moment to run to his class.

"Where were you class started and I got worried." Alexis said as Mike took his seat next to his new girlfriend. "Obelisk and Ra trouble." Mike said as he took out his notebook. "Who was picking on you?" Alexis said looking shocked. "Some older guys." Mike muttered. "Then who was the Ra?" Alexis said, confused. "Monica, she tried to intervene, but it didn't quite work." Mike sighed as the teacher wrote some things on the board. "Well...that's strange...who is she exactly?" Alexis said concerned. "Remember my first night." Mike said gravely. "Oh, that Monica." Alexis looked slightly frustrated. "Well at least you got here, the teacher's about to say something important." Jaden said as the teacher turned around to face the class. "This week will be the promotional exams. Tomorrow will be the written part which will begin at noon sharp. It will cover Field Spells, Fusion, and most importantly Chains. Then on Wednesday you'll have the dueling portion, of course this is only for Slifers and Ras, the Obelisks will be your opponents." The teacher ended his speech, immediately the class began talking. "Wonder who the pair-ups will be for the big duel off." Mike said as Alexis began asking questions about which of the 13 decks he would choose. "Alexis, I'll know when the time is right." Mike said to an obsessive Alexis. "Why would you be so calm, if you win, you'll be one step closer to me." Alexis was reffering to the dorms. "You live next door, it's not like me leaving Slifer will affect my living coditions, I'll probably still live in the red dorms." Mike said trying to calm down his girlfriend. "Not that, dorm status, if you move up people will respect you more." Alexis said, becoming very serious. "That would be very, very shallow. If they can't accept my greatness while I'm still a Slifer then I don't need to prove myself to them." Mike said leaning back in his chair. "You just have no goals after school do you?" Alexis asked giving up due to Mike's stubbonness. "Apparently not, I'm already set for life, if the pro league doesn't turn out the way I planned then I'll take over Kaiba Corp. and go into dueling technology." Mike said with a smirk. "Ok then, at least you have a plan." Alexis finally calmed down.

"Work harder! You need to be able to beat all of your opponents." Alexis blew a whistle. Mike was out of breath. "Why are we running through the woods, and drawing cards?" Mike asked. "It's your training now move!" Alexis blew her whistle. I'm ready to throw that whistle into the lake. Mike thought. Mike lost her in the trees, and as he was leaving he ran into Atticus. "No offense, but is your sister always a bitch when it comes to this kind of stuff?" Mike asked, bracing himself to be punched. "She means well." Atticus chuckled. "She just wants you to do well." He continued. "I'm ready to die!" Mike yelled. "I'll talk to her, maybe she'll relent." Atticus replied. "No, I'll do this, I guess I need to do something until the duel. Maybe this'll help in some freaky way." Mike said. "There you are, come on, let's get back to your training." Alexis said pulling Mike by his arm. "I'm tired and I'm pretty sure running through the woods ninja style is not gonna help me win a duel." Mike said as he tried pulling away. Alexis had a death grip on Mike's arm. "Well then let's try something else then." Alexis said in a sly tone. "Where are you gonna take me next? Beach, volcano, pool area, dorms, where? I'm really starting to get tired and I need some sleep before..." Mike started. "Oh, you'll get plenty of sleep now come on."

At the dorm, Mike and Alexis were deciding what deck Mike was going to use in the promotional exam. "Well I was thinking of dipping into one of my newest decks actually." Mike said looking at his array of decks that sat before him. "Well maybe instead of being unsure about winning with that deck maybe you should try this." Alexis said holding up a deck. Mike looked at the cards, smirking. "I like this deck." Mike said. "Good thing too, look at it's number." Alexis said pointing to the vest. Mike picked it up and found the pocket it was originally in. It had a 13 in red letters over the strap to hold the deck in place. "Excellent." Mike said as he put the cards down. "Have you figured out who my opponent will be, I know the Obelisks know who their opponents will be." Mike continued as he looked over to Alexis for the information. "I can't tell you, I promised your opponent that I wouldn't, but let's just say he's better then an Obelisk and it'll be a good duel." Alexis said with a wink. "Oh come on tell me, you know you want to." Mike said as he nuzzled Alexis' neck. "Oh, I can't...I...that feels so good." Alexis said as Mike began massaging her back. "Dad taught me well." Mike said to himself as he continued trying to get the info from Alexis. Someone knocked on Mike's door just before he could get anything from her. "Gahhh!" Mike yelled as he rose from his bed to answer the door. "Yes?" Mike said as he had noticed Jaden standing at the door. "Am I interupting anything? I heard moaning...that's not what I'm here for. Syrus just ran off. He said some things about life becoming unbearable and I fear the worst." Jaden said worriedly. "Wait what happened?" Mike asked. "Joann and Syrus supposedly had a fight, and he think's she's gonna break up with him." Jaden explained as Mike pulled on his shoes. "Alexis stay here I won't be long." Mike said as he grabbed a flashlight and a headlamp. He handed the flashlight to Jaden, and the two ran off into the night. "Hello, Alexis." Zane Truesdale stepped into the room.

"Syrus!" Mike yelled as he ran through the forest. Jaden was just behind him. "Syrus, come on it's only a fight it'll pass!" Jaden called into the darkness. "I found something!" Mike called Jaden over. Mike found a yellow blazer. "Is there a lake around here?" Mike asked as he examined the coat in a dog-like manner. "Why are you smelling Sy's blazer like that?!" Jaden asked. "Wait I heard a splash...over this way." Mike waved his hand to make Jaden follow him. "Wait, did you hear that?" Jaden said as he suddenly stopped. "What?" Mike said turning around. "Shhh..." Jaden said as he began to listen intently. "Hey I hear it too, but it's odd, who would be giggling in the middle of the woods? Yet it sounds familiar somehow. Wait I know that giggle it's..." Mike said. "Wait there's that splash again." Jaden said as he began running forward. "Wait, Jaden stop!" Mike yelled as he too began to run forward. He almost fell into a lake. "Hey, I came here for some privacy!" Syrus yelled as he saw the two beams hit the water. "Oh, Syrus...that's nasty! What the hell, put some clothes on you two!" Mike said covering his eyes with his hand. He had came across Joann and Syrus, he was almost certain they were both naked under that water. It was muddy enough to protect their bodies from being sighted by the lights. "Jaden, this is why I tried to stop you, those giggles weren't ordinary giggles, I've heard Mom giggling that same way after all of us have gone to bed." Mike said as he backed off into the woods. "You mean they were..." Jaden asked. Mike nodded without saying another word. "Wow, you think you know a guy." Jaden said. "I've gotten used to walking in on people when they're doing that kind of thing. I could tell you stories that would make even Crowler's hair curl." Mike said shuddering. "Was it on purpose that you would do that?" Jaden asked. "What?! No, that would be perverted, it's all on accident." Mike said, thrown off by the unusual question. "And why did you smell Sy's blazer?" Jaden asked. "Because in certain areas it smelled like a seductive perfume." Mike said as he inhaled deeply.

The two searchers returned to the dorms with the brief images burned into their retenas. "Now we must agree to never speak of this night ever again." Mike said as he began to open his room's door. "Who the hell are you?!" Mike demanded as he saw an older guy leaning against the wall talking to Alexis. "Um...that's..." Jaden began. "Zane Truesdale." Mike finished. "Yeah, what of it?" Zane said as Mike stepped forward. "What brings you back to duel academy?" Jaden asked. "Because I'm the best and I need a better opponent. Throughout my duels I've heard fans talking about recent tournament winner Mike '13' Kaiba, son of Seto Kaiba, one of the world's most famous duelists. I've come to beat down one of the thirteen decks." Zane said as he stood off of the wall. "Well...good luck with that." Mike said. "Well I'm gonna turn in, maybe wait for Syrus to come back." Jaden said yawning. "I better get back to Chazz's room..." Alexis started. "Oh no, he may try something sneaky." Mike said holding up a hand to stop her. "Then how am I gonna get my stuff?" Alexis asked Mike. "I'll do it. I've got two beds and a chair in this room. Zane if you need a place to stay you can have the spare bed, Alexis you can sleep in mine, I'll take the chair. Now if you'll excuse me I'll go and get your stuff." Mike said as he left the room.

A/N: Yeah probably not my best, just trying to keep the story alive with little moments that would make people wonder things.