Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ The Aftermath of the Full Moon ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Don't own YGO GX. Takahasi does so leave me alone about it.


Mike leaped up into the trees as the search party arrived on the scene. Kinasha looked hurt but nothing lethal, the team searched the area looking high and low for Mike. Mike had lost a lot of blood in the fight and was badly wounded in a lot of areas. He became very tired and suddenly found himself reverting back to his original state as he fell from the tree. He landed hard on the ground which alerted the attention of the search party, of course he wasn't yet fully back to normal as the team could see as they gasped at the sight of his mangled, bloody body. "Is that...?" Alexis started as she began to sob. Jaden assured her that Mike was fine. Of course he wasn't sure because even by the light of the flashlights Mike didn't appear to be breathing. Zane checked to make sure he was breathing, it comforted Alexis to know that much. Jaden and Zane supported Mike between them as they carried him back to the infirmary to have him looked over and to see if he'd at least make it though the night.

Mike woke up in the infirmary about a week later, he felt like he'd been hit by a truck and then felt as if he'd cut himself in a bunch of non-lethal places. Jaden came into the room followed by Syrus and Hassleberry. "Hey you're up, how's it been going?" Jaden didn't acknowledge the fact that a week had passed since the full moon. "What do you mean?" Mike questioned. "Well you fell from a tree last week, and you've been asleep for a week." Syrus completely left out the whole werewolf ordeal. "Ok, I remember that night, I became a werewolf, and then...Where's Kinasha?" Mike was a little worried. "She's fine, she got hurt trying to find you though. Why?" Jaden said. "I got to get out of here and warn the, oww!" Mike had pulled the IV and it hurt his hand. Immediately he went into an explanation. "Kinasha's no ordiary girl she's a dragoness, we got into a kind of a fight in the woods and...she tried to..." Mike trailed off as he noticed Kinasha in the doorway. She had a few bandages on but apart from that she was completely fine. "Well, he's awake, we were getting worried, you started talking in your sleep. You were saying odd things mostly about some fight with a dragoness." Kinasha was playing it as if it had all been a dream. "You mean you don't remember?! We had a huge fight and you're a dragoness! You gave me these!" Mike unwrapped his bandages on his shoulder and found that it was a round gash, not the bite that was there one week earlier. "I don't know how you did it, but you somehow made my bites into gashes." Mike said as he rewrapped his bandages. "Mike you lost a lot of blood, try to get some more sleep. You need to replenish the blood in your body so you can think straight." Syrus tried to calm Mike down. "I'm thinking just fine, you saw Kinasha's wounds she should have a bit mark on her shoulder." Mike walked over to Kinasha and tried to take the bandage off her shoulder. Kinasha suddenly had somewhere to be and ran out of the room. Jaden pushed Mike onto the bed. "Just work on getting better." Jaden said as he and Syrus left the room.

Mike was discharged the next day. He had to find several people and try to convince them to come forward and to say that Mike had in fact became a werewolf and fought Kinasha in the woods. Little did anyone know that on that particular night someone else had gone into those woods to find Mike, and he would be the one to step up and admit that the events that had happened during the full moon had actually happened. "Kinasha!" Mike was pounding on the dragoness' door. "Come out here and admit what happened! You can't stay in there forever!" Mike continued to pound on the door when finally it creaked open. "I admit that it happened, but only to you." Kinasha whispered from the shadows. "Oh no, I know what you're doing, I'm not gonna let you do anything to me." Mike stood in the front door, staring into the darkness. A silver tail wrapped round him and pulled him into the room. "I told you I want you all to myself, and I intend to have that either way." Kinasha growled into Mike's ear. "Why can't you just take this all out on Chazz?" Mike stared into the deep blue eyes of the dragoness. "Do you see Chazz in this room?" Kinasha said as she began to unzip Mike's blazer. "I can't let you do this." Mike said as he began to struggle. "Is it a full moon, no, so you can't defeat me." Kinasha thought she knew werewloves fairly well. She was dangerously wrong, for you see the full moon triggers a state of calmness that let's the transformation take place. All Mike had to do was calm down before he could transform again. Fur began to sprout from Mike's body as he began his transformation for the second time. It's working, I'll be able to defend myself. Mike thought as the transformation finished. "Why don't you want me? I'm pretty, I'm not shallow, and I'm a go for it kind of person." Kinasha tried to convince Mike to leave Alexis. "Why do you want me? I'm a werewolf, I'm taken, and above all I'm a violent person." Mike was pulling free as he tried to talk Kinasha out of doing what he knew she was trying to do. "It's all of those qualities...that make me want you." Kinasha began to wrap her tail around Mike once more. Mike out of pure instinct slashed the tail. Kinasha's tail went limp and fell to the ground. Mike looked at the wound, it was a long gash and it was bleeding profusely. Mike felt horrible, he didn't want to hurt her, even if she had tried to seduce him. Kinasha showed no sign of weakening, she just looked at the wound and said: "Now why'd you have to do that?" She knew Mike felt awful so she forced herself to sob. Mike closed his eyes and ran out into the light of day, regardless of who saw him. He ran into his room and found Alexis staring at a picture of them that was taken a week before the full moon. He forced himself out of the transformation and walked over to the girl. Alexis drew back when Mike's finger touched her shoulder. "What's wrong, I'm fine." Mike said as he kissed Alexis and held her close. "Last week...in the woods...I thought you wouldn't come back." Alexis began to cry on Mike's shoulder. "There's no need to worry about that, I'm a fighter." Mike said to reassure Alexis. "But then I realized..." Alexis started. "That I'm gonna be dangerous." Mike said. Alexis nodded. "And I know I can't tame a wild animal." Alexis said as she stood up and began to pack her suit case. "What're you doing?" Mike asked. "I'm leaving, I'm sorry but when we found you in the woods we were convinced that we should protect ourselves. We all decided that we should try to convince you that you had dreamed all of that when you fell from the tree. I guess that didn't work, so I'm leaving." Alexis finished packing and left the dorm room. Mike stood there, he said nothing, he tried to wake himself up from this nightmare. He didn't wake up so he had only one option left. Forget.

Jaden and the others tried to comfort Mike but it hadn't worked. Mike began to drink Vault heavily relying on the words one of his friends from the orphanage said: "It kills brain cells." It didn't work. Mike still had the painful memory in his head and it would not leave him. He had no reason left to go on. He thought of suicide for some time, but then came to the conclusion that it wouldn't do anything but make things worse. He decided that the only person who didn't know by now was Ben, he trusted Ben and knew that he had helped Mike last time a girl broke up with him. He knocked on the door, feeling out of place knocking on the door to an Obelisk when he was still a Slifer. Ben opened the door to see Mike looking like hell. "What's wrong?" Ben was disturbed to see that Mike was depressed. "Alexis broke up with me." Mike's words were slurred from lack of sleep. "That's awful, did she say why?" Ben asked. "I'm to 'dangerous' apparently I've been being fed a bowl of lies about that. I remember last week in the woods when..." Mike began when Ben cut him off. "You became a werewolf." Ben finished for him. "How'd you know?" Mike asked. "I'm a ninja. I was sitting just below the branch you fell from. I saw the whole thing." Ben said as he let Mike into his room which was decorated with various ninja weapons. "I just don't know what to do next." Mike was looking for an answer to a question he shouldn't need to have answered. "Laugh at her next boyfriend." Ben said simplly as he removed a katana from the wall and started slahing at the air with it. "I can't they'll all be normal. I'll always be a werewolf. Even if I can laugh at her next boyfriend he'll probably be able to take me. I just can't do that." Mike suddenly got a hungry look in his eye as he spotted a person running from some people. He transformed and leaped out of the window towards the small group. Ben followed him knowing that it can't be good.

Mike pounced onto one of the kids and attacked him ferociously tearing away the loose clothes to get to the warm flesh beneath. A kunai flew into his side and he fell over in pain. "Run!" Ben tried to get the other kids away from the site of the battle that was soon to take place. Mike got up and stood to face his new opponent. Ben unsheathed his katana and held it in front of his body ready to strike the werewolf at any given moment. "Why're you doing this?" Ben yelled at the creature standing before him. "I'm hungry!" Mike said as he began to look around for more students or animals that he could go after. Mike decide he didn't want to waste time with an opponent so he ran into the forest to look for something to eat. Ben just returned to his dorm, he knew the person got away safely and was ready to get to lunch. Mike joined the gang at the table, he didn't eat but he needed to talk to someone. Alexis came over to the table and Mike automatically left without a word. "What's wrong with Mike?" She asked. Everyone just sort of gave her a sideways look. "You obviously don't remember a couple of days ago." Ben said as he watched his friend wander off. "Well at any rate, he's not doing well. We need to find him a new roommate." Jaden said. "Oh yeah, give him a new victim." Ben replied. "Why, what happened?" Syrus asked, shocked. "You know the captain of the tennis team, Harrison, well Mike attacked him yesterday." Ben said solemly. "He didn't." Monica said, she had taken up sitting with the group. "Full wolf form, it seemed almost effortless for him to transform. Even without the full moon, it was broad daylight." Ben said to a terrified group. "He needs to learn control over his feral attributes." Syrus had said as he picked up one of the books Mike had been reading during the week and a half before the full moon. "Says here that they can be taught control over the wolfen state through a series of harsh and deadly battles where control will have to be used to escape being killed." Syrus read the passage to the group who came to the resolve that they'll teach him full control before the next full moon.

Ben decided that he would combat the werewolf to the many protests of the rest. "It's far to dangerous, what happens if you become unarmed?" Jaden said as Ben sheathed his katana and filled two leg pouches with kunais. "Then I'll run, I'm sure if it comes to it I'll be able to out run him." Ben got suited into the ninja gi he had brought. "Ok, but I'll be on radio channel three just in case you need back-up." Jaden handed a computer chip to Ben who clipped it to his ear. "Now, I'll go get Mike and tell him it's time. Just stick to the plan." Jaden had figured out how they'd save Mike (and the rest of the school) from himself.

Jaden knocked on Mike's door. "Mike it's time to go, you ready?" Jaden was making sure Mike was ready to be trained to control his werewolf form. "Yeah I'm ready." Mike exited his room in a red vest, gray T- shirt and some jean shorts. After the fight with Kinasha, Mike's blazer had become a vest. "Remember, Ben won't go easy on you so you have to control yourself, make human tactical decisions." Jaden sounded like a guru the way he was talking. "Right." Mike said, he had seemed to have gotten better after a couple of days of sleep and some good food. "So where's Ben at?" Mike asked as Jaden led him into the forest. "That's not important at this point, transform, and I'll be out of the way." Jaden began running as Mike's body began to become stocky and sprouted fur. "Alright Ben it's your turn!" Jaden yelled from somwhere ahead of the werewolf. Ben jumped out of the trees above Mike and drew his katana. Mike out of instinct leaped out of the way and charged his attacker. Ben jumped into the trees and out of the way. "Come on Ben, I can't learn control if you won't fight..." Mike fell to the ground as kunais stabbed him in the back. "That was far to easy." Ben appeared behind the fallen werewolf. Mike rose from the ground and puled the kunais from his back. "Now Ben, did you honestly believe you could take me down that easily?" Mike asked as he put the kunais in his pocket. "You haven't learned yet, you still have to learn not to charge your opponent, you must calculate their moves and develop a stategy around that." Ben said as Mike once again charged. However when Ben jumped Mike followed him and threw the kunais similar to the way Ben had. Ben doged them barely and was now facing Mike hand to hand. Claws and fangs versus katana and tactics. The battle raged on as Mike slowly began to analyze his opponents moves. Mike let himself be struck down only once as a part of a strategy. As Ben sheathed his katana and stared at the seemingly lifeless body, he dropped his guard and approached the body. Mike sprang back into action as soon as he was sure Ben was off his guard. Mike took care as to not kill Ben, for if he did he could never forgive himself. By the end of the battle Mike had full control over the werewolf. Of course this battle took 12 hours, 7 A.M.-7 P.M. Both combatants were drained of their strength so they crashed out on the spot. Jaden, Syrus, Chazz, and Hassleberry carried them back to their dorms because a storm was approaching and they didn't want their friends to get sick.

Neither of the two sustained any serious injuries. Of course they had to be bandaged, but that wasn't anything really. "Hey Syrus, Mike's book said it had to be a series of harsh battles, why did it only take one?" Jaden asked as Syrus flipped through yet another Manga. "Well the battle did take twelve hours without any relent from either combatant so it's only logical that Mike was forced to gain control." Syrus guessed as the whole group gathered around the giant curry pot. "Yeah, but it shouldn't have been that easy for the cadet to master it." Hassleberry said. "Well, he's smart, maybe intelligence plays a part." Alexis said as she got herself some curry and left the group to go find a place to sit. "Well at any rate, I've mastered it so I better go find a new roomy." Mike said as he came back to the curry bowl for thirds. At this point the most fickle girl in duel academy appeared by Jaden's side. "Hello Jaden, how're you?" Blair Flannagan said to her most recent crush. "Um...Hi." Jaden looked confused and a little concerned. He immediately called for a small meeting of the Red dorm, Mike and Blair were excluded as he wasn't paying attention, and she wasn't technically a Slifer yet. "Maybe Blair should room in with Mike." Jaden whispered to the others. "Why?" Syrus asked in the same way a little kid would ask (in an attempt to be annoying). "It'll be good for both of them." Jaden was hedging the sentnce 'Because I want her out of our room because she creeps me out.' "Yeah, I here little girls cover three of the five food groups." Ben chuckled. He had overheard the conversation and wanted to add some sick humor into the whispers. "That's not funny. I know." Ben said as he walked away from the group, shaking his head. "So Jaden's a pretty cool guy, huh?" Blair turned to Mike who wasn't really paying attention. "What? Oh yeah he's pretty cool." Mike said. "That's why he's mine." Blair said with confidence. Mike choked on his curry as he began to laugh. "What's so funny?" Blair turned to Mike who was coughing and laughing all at once. "It's just that...he's sort of oblivious to pretty much any charm that a girl would use on him. He is kinda thick in that sense." Mike had said the wrong thing to the wrong girl. Blair hit him over the head with her bowl. "Don't talk about Jaden like that again." Blair sat the cracked bowl down beside her.

"Hey Blair wonderful news, we can finally get you out of...I mean we found a room that you can actually be comfortable in." Jaden said as he walked over to Blair and the semi-conscious Mike. "Why, you know I don't do well on my own." Blair tried to make herself seem as if she needed someone with her (preferably Jaden) at all times. "Mike we've also found you a roomy." Jaden said joyously. "Whom?" Mike was slowly regaining the ability to talk. "Blair, Mike has been looking for a roomate for a while so we figured that since he has some room you could stay with him." Jaden braced himself. "What?!" Blair and Mike yelled in unison. "Well you didn't give any specifics so..." Jaden began. "So you thought I was good with all sorts of people." Mike was ready to knock Jaden out. "Oh come on soldier, she's not that bad to be around." Hassleberry tried to convince Mike that this was a good idea. "Well I guess this could do well on a trial basis, and after so long I'll be able to tolerate her I guess." Mike sighed. "This'll be fun!" Blair was trying to be sweet so she could win Jaden's favor. "Oh, I can hardly contain my joy." Mike was being sarcastic as Blair led him off so he could help her pack. "Ok, a few ground rules." Blair took charge as soon as the door closed behind Mike. "And they are." Mike said unenthusiastically. "First off hands off my stuff." Blair said as she slapped Mike's hands to make him put down a small glass trinket that he had picked up. "Second, hands off of me." Blair said. Mike gave her a sideways glance and then replied. "Don't be so proud of yourself." "Well...um...Third...I can't think of a third." Blair giggled slightly as Mike handed her a suitcase. "What's so funny?" Mike asked as he grabbed another suitcase. "The curry bowl cracked when I hit you with it." Blair giggled again. "Oh yay, I get to live with a super genius." Mike mumbled.

"Now that I'm all moved in, how about some ice cream?" Blair asked. "I'm not your servent, if you want something you'll have to get it yourself. What're you thirteen fourteen?" Mike said as he layed down on his bed and closed his eyes so he could concentrate. "You know how to treat a lady don't you?" Blair asked Mike as she raided the fridge. "Yes I do." Mike said. "Hey, I heard this stuff kills brain cells..." Blair began as she removed a bottle of Vault from the fridge. "No, it doesn't. If you want it drink it, I'll get more." Mike said, didn't open his eyes. "How'd you know I took it out?" Blair said as she opened the cap. "Because I'm just that ninja." Mike said as he got up and got himself a bottle. "No you're not. Jaden's way more ninja then you." Blair stated. "Is that all you think about?" Mike asked as he began drinking some Vault. "No, I think about dueling all the time." Blair said as she took out her deck. "Oh really, let me see your deck then." Mike said as he held his hand out. Blair handed him the cards. "Why?" She said. "Because I can tell a person's personality based on their cards." Mike said simply. "Hmm...you still need some growing to do...but you're mature enough to admit it. You seem to be very fickle, you can't decide between some things. Tell me when I'm right." Mike said as he continued to look through the cards. "You're exactly right. But that's all personal of course." Blair practically begged Mike to ask her what it was that she was hiding. "So um..I'll respect your private affairs and I won't ask." Mike said as Blair got the buzz from the Vault. "So it's a friday night and we're teenagers, why're we still here?" Blair said as she took Mike by his arm and pulled him out of the dorm.

"What're you planning on doing with me?" Mike asked as Blair led him to the school arena. "I wanna see some dueling, and I need a powerful man to protect me from the perverts." Blair clearly had poor judgement in this case, or possibly a hidden agenda. At the duel arena they met up with Jaden and the others. "Oh, hello Jaden what're you doing here?" Blair asked as she and Mike came into the duel area. "Go Mike!" Syrus cheered. "Nothing just seeing if anyone good is dueling today." Syrus pulled Mike away from the group. "You're such a player, I didn't think you could make girls leave their crushes that easily." Syrus said, shocking Mike. "She's not my girlfriend." Mike saidas he shook his hands in front of him. "Well she was clinging to you like a girlfriend." Syrus laughed as he rejoined the group. "Ok, we've seen some awesome duels tonight but it's time for the Couples Double Duel!" A DJ said from behind a turn table. Stage lights began to sweep across the group of people. One light shone on Syrus and Joann, the other on..."Mike and Blair?!" Everyone said in shock. "Alright we've got our couples, now let the duel begin!" The DJ put a new CD into the player as the two teams took their places, and activated their duel disks. "I'm not her boyfriend." Mike said as he reluctenly took out one of his decks and activated his own duel disk. The song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny by Lemon Demon began to play.

A/N: Well Ben you're a ninja. MLo there's gonna be a shocking event that takes place next chapter that you may want to observe. Hope you liked it!