Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The New Hero: Gladiator's Assault ❯ Intro to Archeological Dueling! The Theory of Evolution! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Previously in the Fic: As he was exploring the campus he saw a Slifer who was dressed as a pirate was being chased by older Obelisks. Lucas put in his spiral contacts, which he started carrying around since he boarded the jet, and went after the pirate kid and the Obelisks. He snuck into the shadows as he watched the event through the woods. "Why do you dress like a pirate huh kid?" One of the Obelisks asked. "Cauz I feel like it...gar." The pirate was fleetingly trying to protect himself. "Ok, drop the whole pirate act." Another Obelisk said. "I don't want ter drop the pirate act, it's not an act anyways!" The pirate said again. By this time Lucas had activated his duel disk and was selecting a monster from his deck. 'Ok, I'm facing three guys who appear as if they aren't frightened easily. Better use this monster.' Lucas selected the most vicious monster out of his collection. slipped the card onto the Duel Disk. A giant T-Rex holding an axe appeared. It was the image of Gladial Beast Spartychus. "Attack!" Lucas yelled. Spartychus roared and charged at the Obelisks who jumped at the sight of the axe weilding T-Rex. Spartychus drove them off, and Lucas emerged from the shadows. "You alright there kid?" Lucas asked. "Yes I'm fine, thanks fer drivin' those Obelisks away. By the way I'm Steve." Steve said. "Name's Lucas, and no comment." Lucas said to Steve The Pirate. "Well I gotta be gettin' back ter the Slifer Dorm, there's an arientation fer the freshmen and I gotta be thar." Steve said as he turned to leave. "See ya later!" Lucas said as he too started back to his dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Intro to Archeological Dueling! The Theory of Evolution!


Lucas had joined the rest of the Ras as the head teachers of the two dorms stood to face the crowd. The man who faced Lucas at the entrance exams began to speak. "Everyone here? Okay good. Welcome to Duel Academy. Obviously you're all freshmen, which is why you're here now. Turn to face the people around to you, remember their faces because they're gonna be the the first people that you are gonna want to ask for things like homework and such. They may also be the same students you'll have to face for promo exams so memorize every new deck you come across! As for me I'm Professor Blaze, and this is my female counterpart Ms. Urameshi." Professor Blaze held his right hand out to the head of the girls dorm. Lucas lowered his head when he noticed the that it was the same brown haired woman who suggested that they move the boy over to the girls dorm. "Lucas!" Jessica called over to Lucas as he was looking around. "Hey Jess, meet anyone new today?" Lucas asked. "Yeah this really nice Obelisk guy, but he had to leave all of a sudden before I got his name, some other guys were chasing some Slifer kid, and he went after them. Maybe he was trying to stop them." Jessica said. "Was he about a foot taller then me? Dressed in the second year uniform? Dirty blond hair?" Lucas asked. "Yeah he was." Jessica said, confused by the dead-on accurate description of the guy she just met. "He wasn't going to stop those guys, he was one of the ones picking on my new friend Steve the pirate. Spartychus scared them off." Lucas said. "Ohh...shame, he was cute." Jessica said. "Yeah not what I would have said, he was completely prejudiced against pirates." "Wait you mean like Steve the pirate from "Dodgeball"?" Jessica asked. "Yeah I thought that was weird too." Lucas said. "Ok students, that does it for the orientation, please return to your dorms as it's getting late." Ms. Urameshi said as she stepped down from the platform she was standing on. Lucas dashed from the spot he was standing so he could get to his room before being noticed. He heard some people asking who he was behind him, but that didn't matter as long as nobody knew. When he got back to his room he got into his night clothes and went to bed, he didn't want to be late for class on his official first day.

He woke up early to the sound of the PDA going off. He got up, turned it off, and headed to the bathroom. He was the first one up so he didn't bother knocking. When he got in he stared at his reflection in confusion, he didn't remember having cuts on his neck and cheeks. They weren't deep, but they meant that something happened while he was asleep. While he pondered over it he got his stuff from his bag and got in the shower. When he emerged he made sure he wrapped himself in something, considering his roomates were probably up by now. When he got out of the bathroom he found he was the only one in the room. "Damn it I'm late!" He said to himself. He checked his watch to find it was fifteen minutes until his first class started. He quickly threw on his clothes and headed out the door with his new deck and duel disk in hand. "Hey Lucas! Where are you going?" Jessicas asked. She was still in her pink silk pajamas that were practically magnetized to her body, showing off her curvy figure. "First class is in fifteen minutes!" He shouted back. "No it's not. It's six thirty in the morning." Jessica said. Lucas looked up at the clock then at his watch. "Hmmm...old watch must be fast." Lucas said as he set his watch fifteen minutes back.

"Since you're up could you help me with my deck please?" Jessica asked. "Why, didn't your father help you out with it before you got here?" Lucas asked. "Yes, but I want a little more help with it." Jessica responded. "I can't, I don't know how Crystal Beasts are supposed to work." Lucas said. "Please?" Jessica said as she gave Lucas a pouty face. Lucas rolled his eyes. "You're lucky I think blue haired girls are cute." He replied as he started back to the room. When the two did get back the window was wide open and the wind was blowing hard making everything fly around the room. Lucas' brown hair was being blown completely backward as he made his way across the room to shut the window. When he did, it looked like he just stuck his head out of a bullet train window. "Looks like a storm's coming." He said as he messed his hair up again and began to look through Jessica's cards. "Hmmm...The legendary Crystal Beasts, shame I'll be defeating them soon." He said as he looked at the cards. "You wish, my dad barely ever lost with these and I'm undefeated. There's no way your Gladial Beasts can even wave a stick at my cards." Jessica shot back. "You keep telling yourself that. As long as my Gladial Beasts got my back I'll never lose." Lucas said as he took out his own cards. "We'll see come time for the promo duels." Jessica said. "Yes we will see, but why wait a couple of months when I could beat them now?" Lucas said as he grabbed his duel disk. "You can't beat me in ten minutes!" Jessica said in shock. "I'll only need five." Lucas challenged. "Well today after school we're gonna see which beast is superior, tell your friends, they can come see you get beat by a girl." Jessica said as she got out her uniform. "Ok." Lucas said as he started for the door. "Oh and by the way, you may want to add those cards I sat out to your deck." He said as he left the room. On the way to his first class he grabbed some coffee at the cafe in the lobby of the main academy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lu cas was one of the few who was first to the class. He chose a seat in the middle of the class, which he considered was perfect so he could see what was going on and goof off if he wanted. While he was unpacking his school supplies and drinking his coffee a second year Obelisk guy came over to him. "You're in my seat." He said. "I'm not in your seat, it's the first day. Listen buddy you don't want to get on my case..." Lucas paused mid-sentence when he saw the guy. He looked almost all muscle. His pale skin was the only normal thing about him, but it was off set by his jet black hair. However what he had in muscle he lacked in height, because he was as short as Lucas was. Lucas had always been a little short for his age. "Nobody talks to Greg like that freshman you better watch what you say." Another kid appeared from behind the one called Greg. "And nobody speaks to me captain like tha'." Steve appeared in the doorway. "And you're gonna make us?" The kid who called the muscular kid Greg asked. "No I will." Lucas said as his duel disk activated. "Everybody take your seats class will begin soon." The teacher said as he took his place at the head of the class. The teacher was rather odd, instead of a regular uniform he wore a black leather vest, a hat that curved upward at on side, a gauze wrap around one eye, black denim pants, and a crocodile on his back. He wrote his name on the board. "My name's Mr. Cook. I'm gonna be your Intro to Archeological Dueling teacher. This was my favorite class at South Duel Academy, and I hope you guys enjoy it just as much." He spoke with a cheery Australian accent to which was met with longing sighs from some of the female students. "Let's start this year off with a little duel, does anyone have a deck of cards from prehistory?" Mr. Cook asked. "I do sir!" Lucas and Greg said at the same time. "Excellent! You two will show us your expertise of Fossils and the like. Please take your positions at the head of the class." Mr. Cook said as he moved some tables out of the way. "Good fer you captain! You get ter face the fifth best student in the school on yar farst day!" Steve said as he thumped Lucas on the back. Lucas gulped at this realization. "Don't worry about rank mate, just have some fun!" Mr. Cook exclaimed enthusiastically. Lucas noticed some of the people were shaking their heads and looking down. 'They're looking at me like I'm on death row. This guy must be tough.' Lucas thought to himself as he took his place at the front of the class.

"You picked the wrong day to duel little one, but I'm no demon, you can make the first move." Greg said as he drew five cards. (Greg's LP 4000) Lucas gulped and drew six cards from his deck. (Lucas' LP 4000) He looked at them worriedly. He didn't know what this guy used. "I start by special summoning my Gilasauruses (1400/400 x2) from my hand. I set one card face down, and summon my Sample Fossil (?/0) in defense mode. I end for now." Lucas said. Two giant monsters that resembled raptors and a giant wheeled rock with pikes for arms appeared. Greg drew another card and looked at it with great pleasure. "I play the Field Spell: Prehistoric Realm-Pangaea! Next I play the continuous spell Primordial Ooze." A giant prehistoric coast line appeared around the two duelists followed by a giant green pool appearing in between the two. "Now for the first effect of Primordial Ooze, once per turn if I have no monsters I can special summon three Pre-Evolved Life-Single Cells.(0/0 x3)" Three microscopic organisms appeared on the field. "Alot of good those do you, they have no attack points." Lucas said. "Yes, that's true, so I set one card face down and end my turn."

'There is no way he's fifth best if he plays weak germs. There has to be something about this field.' Lucas thought. He drew a card and Greg activated a trap. "I activate Theory of Evolution-Continental Drift! If I have anything that has Pre-Evolved Life or Evolved Life in their card names and a Field Spell that has Prehistoric Realm in it I can sacrifice the Pre-Evolved Life monsters for their next level of evolution, and the next level after the Single Cell is the Early Fish, so I special summon Evolved Life-Angler(1000/0), Evolved Life-Trapper(900/100), and Evolved Life-Snapper(1500/600)!" Three vicious looking fish appeared. One with huge jaws and a tiny light hanging form spare skin on it's forehead, one with a giant mouth that took up almost all of it's body, and one that looked like the second one, but with a smaller mouth appeared. The field itself began to change too. The land became split and the two duelists seemed to drift apart. The Primordial Ooze was destroyed however so Lucas was relieved for now. "I bet you're wondering what happened just now. Well when Continental Drift was played I was able to swap out Pangaea for Prehistoric Realm-Continents in my deck. Now my fishes all gain five hundred attack and defense points." (Angler 1500/500) (Trapper 1400/600) (Snapper 2000/1100) Lucas looked at his hand and smiled, he'd drawn just the card he needed. "First I play Fissure to destroy Trapper, next I sacrifice my Sample Fossil for my Eroded Fossil (1900/1600), finally I activate Fossil Fusion to remove from play both Sample Fossil and Trapper to summon Fossil Fish Megalos (2400/0)!" A giant skeletal megalodon appeared in front of Lucas. It's gapping jaws threatening to tear apart whatever came close to it. "Megalos, attack! Ripping Jaws from the Deep!" Lucas shouted as the Fossil Fish dove under water. In a flash it came up beneath the two fish that Greg controlled and swallowed them whole. "How'd you destroy my Angler and Snapper?" Greg asked. "Simple, when Fossil Fish Megalos attacks, it can attack two monsters." Lucas said as he clenched his fist. (Greg's LP 2700)

"Fine then my turn, and I activate the spell Primordial Rebirth! Since three Evolved Life cards were destroyed last turn I can summon three more to take their place so come on back Angler, Snapper, and Trapper!" The three fish were brought back to the field. "Evolution continues further until we hit the branch, when fish crawled out of the ocean they either became reptiles, dinosaurs, or early mammals. Mine are gonna become all three because I activate: Emerge From the Ocean! Now I sacrifice my three fish to summon Evolved Life-Ape (2000/700), Evolved Life-Dimetrodon (2100/100), and Evolved Life-Aligator (1900/0). Next I activate the spell: Tectonic Movement! This let's me replace Continents with Prehistoric Realm-Tectonic Mountains, and it gives all of my land based Evolved Life monsters an extra five hundred attack points!" (Ape 2500/700) (Dimetrodon 2600/100) (Aligator 2400/0) "Now Ape, attack Megalos! Dimetrodon and Aligator attack the two Gilasauruses!" The three evolved creatures leapt upon the three defenseless monsters and ripped them to shreds which exploded shortly after. (Lucas' LP 1700) 'Ok, clinch time! I'm staring down three steroid using animals that get an advantage from the field, but as soon as I figure them out he evolves them. If I want to beat them I should take down the...What should I take down? Everytime they evolve so does the field, and then they get points. That's it, the field, if I can take that down he'll have no way to evolve them. Now all I need is the right card...' Lucas thought to himself. "I set two cards face down and call it a turn." Greg said as two giant cards appeared before him.

"I draw! Next I activate Museum Display! This let's me special summon one monster with Fossil in it's card name from my graveyard, and I choose Megalos." The Megalos card removed itself from the graveyard and the holograhic one appeared back on the field. "I'm not done yet next I activate Terraforming to bring one field spell from my deck to my hand." Lucas said as he picked up his deck. "Well I activate my face down card Prehistoric Attack! This takes half of one of my monsters attack points and takes it out of both of our life points, so we're both gonna take thirteen hundred from Dimetrodon." Greg said as his spell card kicked in. (Lucas' LP 400) (Greg's LP 1400) "Ok time for my field spell, I chose Fossil Burial Ground! Since only one field spell can be active at once your Prehistoric Realm card goes to the graveyard!" Lucas shouted as his field spell leveled off the mountains and replaced it with a barren wasteland. "No! And since my field is gone they lose that bonus!" Greg declared. (Dimetrodon 2100/100) (Ape 2000/700) (Aligator 1900/0) "It get's worse, now I can special summon my Fossil creatures without requiring a tribute, so I summon my Fossil Dragon Skullgar! (2500/0)" Lucas said as a giant dragon in bone armor with spikes lining its back appeared from beneath the ground. It roared ferociously causing a couple of yelps from the audience. "It's been fun, but now it's time to end this. Go Megalos, attack Dimetrodon, and Ape now!" Lucas said as Megalos dove undergound, it grabbed the two evolved life creatures and dragged them down. (Greg's LP 700) "Now Skullgar, finish this, attack the Aligator!" Lucas commanded again. Skullgar whipped its tail around and smashed it down on the Aligator which exploded instantly. Final score: (Greg's LP 0) (Lucas' LP 400)

The holograms disappeared leaving the two duelists standing in front of a riled up class. Lucas went over and to shake Greg's hand, but when he got there Greg just pushed Lucas' hand away. "I don't waste my time with freshmen." He said before he took his seat. "Good show gents. Lucas, great use of my personal favorite cards, you did them justice. Do you have any spare Megaloses you would trade me?" Mr. Cook asked with a chuckle. "Here, I have three in my fusion deck, just take it." Lucas said as he handed his teacher the card. "I didn't mean it son." He said. "Take it anyway, I didn't have any apples." Lucas turned his head around so his words were audible. "What was that about?" Another Ra yellow asked as Lucas took his seat. "Nothing, he likes Fossil creatures, and I just happened to have spares, I'm not sucking up in fact if I knew what cards you used I'd give you some cards too." Lucas was covering up the fact that he just sucked up big time. "Oh..." The kid said as he too returned to his seat. "Good job captain, you've put that Obelisk blue punk in his place." Steve commented. "Dude, quit calling me captain." Lucas said. "Can't do that sir, you saved me well bein', I'm a man of gratitude and for tha' I've made you me captain." Steve replied. "Fine." Lucas said as he began to pay more attention to the lecture taking place at the head of the class. "Now turn in your books to Unit One: Unearthing Fossils." Mr. Cook said. The rest of the class was smooth sailing after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas was very pleased with his first class, he'd learned of some awesome new cards and he wanted to get some of them hisself, and as the bell rang he wondered what the rest of the day had in store for him. He walked out of the classroom with a new respect for the Fossils, he knew that they were powerful, just more powerful then he'd first thought. When he found his next class he took his seat and looked for the proper book in the area of the desk. A couple of minutes later after the late bell rang Lucas met the new teacher.

"Good morning class! Welcome to Dueling History." A female voice rose over the crowd. "Oh no." Lucas lowered his head. He knew exactly who it was that was teaching this class. "Ms. Urameshi, may I go to my locker I forgot to get my things for this class." Lucas said as he raised his hand. "You need to be a bit more prepared Mr. Forester, but I don't see why not." Ms. Urameshi said. Lucas' eyes fell upon some of the faces of the other students, they were all giving him sideways looks, wondering how the teacher knew his name already. Lucas already had his stuff for that class, but he wanted out of the room for a moment. He did go to his locker and got a book, but that was only so he had the cover he needed to avoid suspicion. When he got back he found that there was no actual class going on, just a quick run down of the rules, and then everyone got to duel, or talk, or whatever they wanted. "Ah Mr. Forester, I was just about to tell the class something you may want to hear." Ms. Urameshi was practically at the door when Lucas had walked in. 'Is she some kind of evil stalker person or what?' Lucas thought to himself before the teacher made the announcement. "I've talked it over with your gym teachers and since we are starting with ancient Roman dueling we will have a project. Is anyone other then Mr. Forester familiar with the gladiators?" Ms. Urameshi asked. Everyone else just looked a little confused. "Well, gladiators were people who would fight amongst themselves or animals for rights to join the army, or to gain their freedom as most of them were slaves who fought for the amusement of the emperor. You will be learning how to fight like them, and at the end of the unit you and one random person will have a battle to display your mastery of the craft." Ms. Urameshi finished. "Excuse me, did you say we'd have to fight?" A Slifer student asked. "Uh-huh! You and another student will do combat similar to the way they would have to back in the day. Of course there is an odd number of students so we'll have to have an emperor figure who will decide the fate of the losing gladiator." Ms Urameshi explained. Everyone's hand save for Lucas' shot up at that exact moment. "Well if you want to you can sign your name on a scrap piece of paper and place it in a box which I will have sitting on my desk tomorrow. I'll draw a name, and whoever's name comes up will get to be the emperor." She ended her explanation. The bell rang shortly after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas got changed into his gym clothes (shorts and a white T-shirt) and went into the stadium that they used for their gym classes. The teacher, a husky, balding man wearing a grey sweat suit, with greyish hair told them that the first unit, having been requested by the history teacher would be gladiatorial combat. "Any volunteers?" He said in an emotionless monotone voice. Lucas and another Ra yellow boy stepped forward. "Ok boys, choose your weapons from the wall over there." The teacher pointed at a huge wall of old looking Roman weapons. The other boy chose a sword and wooden shield. Lucas chose the trident, fishing net, and a bollo from the wall since he had no shield. "Name's Jeremy." The other Ra said in a british accent. "I'm Lucas, pleasure to meet you." Lucas replied. The teacher blew his whistle and the battle began.

Jeremy made the first move by lunging at Lucas with his sword ready to come down any second. Lucas responded by raising his trident and catching the sword halfway. Jeremy pulled away and hid behind his shield. Lucas was already calculating the time it would take to make his next move, for he needed to get that shield away from Jeremy. Lucas threw the trident like a spear into the shield, which to his great suprise stuck into it. He took the opportunity and grabbed onto the trident trying to wench the shield away from Jeremy's tight grip. When he managed to loosen it Jeremy spun around and threw Lucas to the ground. Lucas rolled onto his feet and grabbed for the bollo. He spun it rapidly over his head and then threw it at Jeremy's ankles. It hit and wrapped around causing Jeremy to trip, losing both his shield and sword. Lucas threw the net and tugged his trident out of the shield. He held the tips of the trident at Jeremy's throat. "Can't beat someone who uses a deck of gladiators." He said while he tried to catch his breath. The teacher blew his whistle and the battle ended. Lucas out of good sportsmanship helped Jeremy out of the net and bollo. "Pretty intense, did you practice that?" Jeremy asked. "No, I'm just well learned in the ways of weaponry." Lucas replied. "Anyone else?" The teacher offered. The rest of the class was watching others try to beat each other senseless with the weapons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Math was probably the only subject that Lucas didn't enjoy. He wasn't very good at it, and the other students sort of spoke in long equations which made Lucas' brain want to do flip-flops in his head. The only comforting thing was to know that lunch was next and he could hang out with his new friends.

"At least you have a handle on your classes, mine are just so confusing I've already had to hire a tutor." Jessica was saying to Lucas as they waited in line for their lunch. "Yeah, but did you suck up to a teacher without realizing it?" Lucas asked. "No, why did you?" She asked . "Yeah, in Intro to Archeological Dueling. He asked if I had any spare Megaloses and I just out of habit gave him a card, it was fairly common, but still I did it without realizing it." Lucas replied. "Ouch, did you at least have a good cover story?" Jessica asked with a giggle. "Yeah, but was pretty weak." Lucas replied as he got his food. "Well that sucks. Hey have you heard about that homecoming thing?" Jessica asked. "Yeah, but I'm not going to go to that. It's not really my style." Lucas replied as he began to eat the chicken sandwich he just got. He didn't realize it, but he ate like a wild animal, which as his friends back at his old school stated, was funny to watch. "It is just hilarious watching you eat like that." A voice said from behind him. He recognized the voice immediately and stood to see if it was true. In front of him stood the tall, brown mane-like haired form of his friend from back in the states. "Ben man you made it, how'd you get here though I didn't see you at the convention center." Lucas asked. "I got brought here by invitation after I won the state wide tournament." Ben said. "Well it's good to have you here." Lucas said as he brought his friend over to the table. "So did you here about that one guy that got put into the girls dorms?" Ben asked. "Yeah I did." Lucas said. "Well you should have heard about him considering you're the guy that lives in the girl's dorm now." Jessica piped up. "Are you serious?" Ben asked. "He also said he thinks blue haired girls are cute." Jessica responded before Lucas could answer. "Dude, alright! I'd kill to live in a dorm full of girls!" Ben exclaimed excitedly. "Yeah well I'd kill to get out, I think they're gonna turn me gay or something." Lucas whispered to avoid offending his new friend. "Well whatever, I'm just glad I got here when I did. And I'm a Ra so...there's that." Ben said as he took a bite out of his own sandwich. "Before I forget, Jessica and I are supposed to duel after classes today, you may wanna check it out." Lucas said with a grin. "What kind of deck does she use?" Ben asked. "If I tell you that then you won't come, just swing by the Ra arena at two today." Lucas replied as he turned to the next victim on his tray, a cup of pineapple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas couldn't pay attention through his last classes as he was eagerly awaiting the coming duel with Jessica. Melanee, who was in his final class asked how he would fair against the Crystal Beasts. Lucas only shook his head and continued to plan out strategies. He only needed to look at that deck once to figure out the strategy needed to defeat it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 2:00 PM and the Ra arena was filling up with all of the people that Jessica and Lucas had invited. They're most personal friends got front row seats to the spectacle, even teachers were showing up. Lucas fastened his cape to his jacket before the duel started. "Alright Jess, I'm wanna see what you can do, and being a gentleman, I'll let you make the first move." Lucas said after he drew his opening hand. (Lucas' LP 4000) (Jessica's LP 4000) "Ok then and I'll start with Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger! (1600/1000) Next I equip it with Crystal Release to give it eight hundred more attack points! (2400/1000) Your turn Lucas." Jessica said. "Ok I summon one monster face down and two other cards face down and end my turn." Lucas said as three giant card holograms appeared, one of them being horizontal. "Not very impressive Lucas. Guess I have to show you how to play. Go Topaz Tiger, attack his face down card now!" Jessica said shortly after she drew a card. The tiger pounced onto the face down card, a monkey appeared and then exploded. "You've destroyed my Slave Monkey! This lets me special summon one Gladial Beast from my deck." Lucas said as he picked up a his deck. "I choose this guy, my Gladial Beast Laquer! (1800/400)" Lucas said. "So what, now we both have tigers on our fields. It's not like you have any cards to stop me from attacking." Jessica said with a smirk. "Yes, but you forget I have two face downs." Lucas said as he pointed at his set cards. "True, but I end for now." Jessica sighed. "Time for some card action, and I'll start with the card I just drew, Resting Gladial Beasts! This lets me put two Gladial Beasts into my deck, shuffle it and draw three cards." Lucas said as he drew three new cards. "Next I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Crystal Release." Lucas said as a typhoon swept over the equip card, dropping Topaz's attack points back to 1600. After the typhoon vanished a purple crystal was sitting where the card had originally been. "When Crystal Release is destroyed I can place one Crystal Beast from my deck into my Spell zone." Jessica said grinning. "Fine then, but now I summon my Gladial Beast Secutor! (400/300)" A green lizard with cannons on it's arms appeared. "Next I activate my Armaments of the Gladial Beasts-Manica to make it indestructible in battle. Now Laquer, attack the Topaz Tiger! Blazing Ring Driver!" Lucas yelled. The biped tiger lunged across the field as a ring of fire surrounded it, the ring drove into the tiger which crystalized and moved to the Spell zone. (Jessica's LP 3800) "I set two more cards face down and end my turn." Lucas said as Jessica drew a card.

"Now it's time for my comeback, I summon Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus, and due to it's effect I can put another crystal into my spell zone." A pegasus with blue jeweled wings and an equally blue horn on it's forehead appeared, followed by an orange crystal. "Next I play Crystal Beacon, this let's me special summon one more crystal and I choose Ruby. Then once Ruby is special summoned I can bring all of my crystals back to my field." A little cat-like creature appeared, it's tail began to glow which caused Lucas to shield his eyes. When the light finally faded there stood a pink cat, a white tiger, an elephant, the carbuncle, and the pegasus. All of which were glaring right at Lucas. "Now my crystals attack!" Jessica commanded, all of the animals charged the defenseless Gladial Beasts. "Wrong! I activate Radiant Mirrior Force, this let's me destroy all attack mode monsters and I see five. This also means this has filled up your Spell zone so you can't activate any spells or traps." Lucas' monsters sighed in relief as a clear barrier surrounded them. All of Jessica's monsters slammed headlong into it and became crystals instantly. "Oh...Now I can't finish you off properly. I end." Jessica sniffled. Lucas drew a card and immediately activated it. "Now I equip Laquer with Armaments of The Gladial Beasts-Gladius, this raises his attack points by three hundred." (Laquer's ATK 2100) A dagger appeared in Laquer's hand. "Now I activate Gladial Battle Technique! This lets me give all of my Gladial Beasts the effect that they would have gotten if they were summoned by another Gladial Beast." Lucas said as his monsters began to glow the color of their attribute. Laquer absorbed the red aura as Secutor absorbed his green aura. (Laquer's ATK 2400) "Now my two monsters attack her directly!" Lucas commanded. Secutor fired wind jets while Laquer slashed her with his claws. (Jessica's LP 1000) When Lucas did nothing else Jessica drew a card. "I activate the Field Spell Ancient City-Rainbow Ruins! first I'll draw a card because of it's fourth effect, then I'll special summon Ruby and all my other crystals. Next I can put another crystal into the Spell zone with Pegasus' effect." A green gem appeared in the spell zone. "Next I activate one of the cards you sat out for me. Go, Trap Finder! This let's me take one trap card from my deck and put it into my hand." Jessica said as she searched her deck. "Ok, are you gonna attack now?" Lucas asked. "Not with the attitude you just showed so I'll set one card. It's your move." Jessica replied. "Fine then, I summon Gladial Beast Bestorourii. (1500/800) Next I play, the spell Armaments of The Gladial Beasts-Halberd. Now when Bestorourii attacks I can destroy one spell or trap card." A giant green bird with air cannons on its forearms, and mechanical wings appeared. An axe also materialized in it's hands. "Laquer, attack the mammoth!" Lucas commanded. "I activate Crystal Set, this let's me put one crystal into my Spell zone and reduce the damage to zero!" An eagle appeared from inside the card and intercepted the attack. It became a crystal shortly after.

"Ok then I end my turn." Lucas said. Jessica drew a card, while Lucas activated his trap. "Drop Off makes you discard the card you just drew." Lucas said as Jessica put the card she had in the graveyard. "Ruby attack Secutor now!" Jessica commanded. "What? You'll only lose life points!" Lucas smirked. (Jessica's LP 900) The Ruby crystalized and went to the spell zone. "I did this so I can special summon...Where'd the lizard go?!" Jessica looked confused. "I can return it to my deck to special summon two more Gladial Beasts, so come on out Dichaeri (1600/1200) and Hoplomus (700/2100)! Plus Hoplomus gains three hundred defense points. (700/2400)" An armored rhino and an equally armored wildabeast blinked onto the field. "Ok then, but I'm still special summoning my Rainbow Dragon! (4000/0)" A dazzling silver and rainbow colored dragon appeared behind her it flew around the Rainbow Ruins and then landed directly behind Jessica. "I've been wanting to face that dragon since we started this duel. Now I'm gonna beat it." Lucas grinned as a dark look swept across his face. "Until I can attack, I'm gonna end." Lucas drew a card and grinned. "I activate my Field Spell Dungeon of the Gladial Beasts-Colosseum, then I activate my trap, Return to Battle, this let's me special summon one Gladial Beast that saw battle this duel. So Secutor, come back into the fray." The familiar lizard appeared on the field in a flash of green light. A tree also grew in the arena. "Next I activate, Different Choice for Battle! Now If I send any number of monsters from my field to the graveyard I can special summon an equal number of monsters from my deck. I send all of my Gladial Beasts, save for Laquer to graveyard, then I special summon all of them back." Four more trees grew in the Colosseum. Five stood total. "Next I fuse Laquer with two of my other Beasts to summon Gladial Beast Hercalenos! (3000/2800)" A tiger warrior with a honey-comb shield, a spear, and thick plate armor appear on the field where Laquer once stood. Another tree grew in the Colosseum, and it raised Hercalenos' attack points up to 3600. "Next I equip it with three Gladiuses! (4500/2800) "I activate the effect of Rainbow Dragon! I sacrifice all of my crystals to bring it up to eleven thousand!" Jessica said as her seven crystals assimliated into the dragon. "But I activate Reverse Trap to make your dragon have less then zero attack points. Now Hercalenos attack Rainbow Dragon!" Lucas yelled. Hercalenos lept into the air, his spear changing into a sword. Jessica flinched to protect herself from the imenent explosion. Hercalenos brought his sword down, light began to pour from the slash wound. A couple of moments later it roared loudly and the exploded. Jessica was thrown back from the force of the explosion, Lucas stayed firm but his cape nearly flew off. Hercalenos gave Lucas a thumbs up before disappearing. (Jessica's LP 0) (Lucas' LP 4000)

"That was quite a duel." Lucas said after he'd crossed the platform and helped Jessica to her feet. The crowd erupted into cheers and whistles after Jessica was on her feet. Jessica smiled at Lucas, shook his hand, and looked at Lucas with new respect. "That was awesome!!!" Ben lept over the railing and came over to praise his friend. "Honestly Reverse Trap was what saved me, I would have lost otherwise." Lucas said with a grin. "That's insane how you beat the crystals with a perfect score!" Ben praised. "Wasn't easy keeping it there though." Lucas replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh crap, I ran over the main part of the story!!! Oh well, bonus material for you guys!

A week has passed since Lucas defeated Greg and Jessica, those who are higer up in rank are starting to get worried that a freshman has beaten both the Evolved Life Creatures, and the legendary Crystal Beasts effortlessly. Lucas has become a hero and the subject of much commotion. Even now as he awaits a new opponent, a feeling that someone is always watching him is looming over him like a shadow. How will he fare? Check it out in: The Big 5! Stalkers in the Academy!

New Cards in this Chapter (made up by me!):

Monsters:
Pre-Evolved Life Single Cell: 1, Water, Aqua/Effect, 0/0, This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Primodial Ooze" You can sacrifice this card to specail summon 1 "Evolved Life-Trapper", "Evolved Life-Snapper", or "Evolved Life-Angler" from your hand.

Evolved Life-Snapper: 4, Water, Fish/Effect, 1500/600, This card can be special summoned by sacrificing one Pre-Evolved Life Single Cell on your side of the field.

Evolved Life-Angler: 4, Water, Fish/Effect, 1000/0, This card can be special summoned by sacrificing one Pre-Evolved Life Single Cell on your side of the field.

Evolved Life-Trapper: 4, Water, Fish/Effect, 900/100, This card can be special summoned by sacrificing one Pre-Evolved Life Single Cell on your side of the field.

Evolved Life-Ape: 6, Earth, Beast/Effect, 2000/700, This card can only be special summoned by sacrificing one "Evolved Life-Angler" on your side of the field.

Evolved Life-Dimetrodon: 6, Earth, Dinosaur/Effect, 2100/100, This card can only be special summoned by sacrificing one "Evolved Life-Trapper" on your side of the field.

Evolved Life-Aligator: 6, Earth, Reptile/Effect, 1900/0, This card can only be special summoned by sacrificing one "Evolved Life-Snapper" on your side of the field.

Eroded Fossil: 5, Earth, Rock, 1900/1600

Fossil Fish Megalos: 6, Water, Rock/Effect, 2400/0, 1 Rock type monster in your graveyard+1 level 4 or lower Fish type monster in your opponents graveyard. This card can only be special summoned by the effect of "Fossil Fusion". This card can attack two monsters during the battle phase.

Spells:
Prehistoric Realm-Pangaea: Field, By sacrificing this card when "Theory of Evolution-Continental Drift" is activated you can activate the Field Spell "Prehistoric Realm-Continents" from your deck.

Prehistoric Realm-Continents: Field, Increase the attack of all Fish type monsters with "Evolved Life" in their names by 500 points. By sacrificing this card when "Tectonic Movement" is activated you can activate "Prehistoric Realm-Tectonic Mountains" from your deck.

Prehistoric Realm-Tectonic Mountains: Field, Increase the attack of all Earth Attribute monsters with "Evolved Life" in their names by 500 points. By sacrificing this card when "Theory of Evolution-Environment" is played you can activate "Prehistoric Realm-Jungle" from your deck.

Primordial Ooze: Continuous, This card can only be activated when "Prehistoric Realm-Pangaea" is face up on the field. Special Summon 3 "Pre-Evolved Life Singe Cell" cards from your deck.

Emerge from the Ocean: Normal Spell, Send all Fish type "Evolved Life" monsters on your side of the field to the graveyard to special summon "Evolved Life-Ape", "Evolved Life-Dimetrodon", and "Evolved Life-Aligator" from your hand or deck.

Primordial Rebirth: Normal Spell, When three "Evolved Life" monsters you control were sent to the graveyard during your opponent's turn, you can special summon three "Evolved Life" monsters with the same name from your hand or deck.

Prehistoric Attack: Quick Play Spell, Reduce you and your opponent's life points by half of the attack of on monster on your side of the field.

Fossil Burial Ground: Field, Once per turn you can special summon one fusion monster with "Fossil" in its name from your fusion deck with out using "Fossil Fusion" or removing any monsters. Any monster special summoned by this effect has its effect negated.

Museum Display: Continuous Spell, Special Summon one fusion monster with "Fossil" in its name from your graveyard. If this card is destroyed destroy the monster that was special summoned by this effect.

Traps:

Theory of Evolution-Continental Drift: Normal Trap, You can only activate this card when "Prehistoric Realm-Pangaea" is face up on your side of the field. Sacrifice all "Pre-Evolved Life Single Cell" monsters to special summon "Evolved Life-Snapper", "Evolved Life-Angler", or "Evolved Life-Trapper" from your hand or deck.