Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The New Hero: Gladiator's Assault ❯ The Big Five: Stalkers in the Academy ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm trying a new style of writing this chapter, let me know your opinion on it.

Last time: "I draw! Next I activate Museum Display! This let's me special summon one monster with Fossil in it's card name from my graveyard, and I choose Megalos." The Megalos card removed itself from the graveyard and the holograhic one appeared back on the field. "I'm not done yet next I activate Terraforming to bring one field spell from my deck to my hand." Lucas said as he picked up his deck. "Well I activate my face down card Prehistoric Attack! This takes half of one of my monsters attack points and takes it out of both of our life points, so we're both gonna take thirteen hundred from Dimetrodon." Greg said as his spell card kicked in. (Lucas' LP 400) (Greg's LP 1400) "Ok time for my field spell, I chose Fossil Burial Ground! Since only one field spell can be active at once your Prehistoric Realm card goes to the graveyard!" Lucas shouted as his field spell leveled off the mountains and replaced it with a barren wasteland. "No! And since my field is gone they lose that bonus!" Greg declared. (Dimetrodon 2100/100) (Ape 2000/700) (Aligator 1900/0) "It get's worse, now I can special summon my Fossil creatures without requiring a tribute, so I summon my Fossil Dragon Skullgar! (2500/0)" Lucas said as a giant dragon in bone armor with spikes lining its back appeared from beneath the ground. It roared ferociously causing a couple of yelps from the audience. "It's been fun, but now it's time to end this. Go Megalos, attack Dimetrodon, and Ape now!" Lucas said as Megalos dove undergound, it grabbed the two evolved life creatures and dragged them down. (Greg's LP 700) "Now Skullgar, finish this, attack the Aligator!" Lucas commanded again. Skullgar whipped its tail around and smashed it down on the Aligator which exploded instantly. Final score: (Greg's LP 0) (Lucas' LP 400)

and

"Next I fuse Laquer with two of my other Beasts to summon Gladial Beast Hercalenos! (3000/2800)" A tiger warrior with a honey-comb shield, a spear, and thick plate armor appear on the field where Laquer once stood. Another tree grew in the Colosseum, and it raised Hercalenos' attack points up to 3600. "Next I equip it with three Gladiuses! (4500/2800) "I activate the effect of Rainbow Dragon! I sacrifice all of my crystals to bring it up to eleven thousand!" Jessica said as her seven crystals assimliated into the dragon. "But I activate Reverse Trap to make your dragon have less then zero attack points. Now Hercalenos attack Rainbow Dragon!" Lucas yelled. Hercalenos lept into the air, his spear changing into a sword. Jessica flinched to protect herself from the imenent explosion. Hercalenos brought his sword down, light began to pour from the slash wound. A couple of moments later it roared loudly and the exploded. Jessica was thrown back from the force of the explosion, Lucas stayed firm but his cape nearly flew off. Hercalenos gave Lucas a thumbs up before disappearing. (Jessica's LP 0) (Lucas' LP 4000)


The Big 5! Stalkers in the Academy!


Lucas was never one to be well known, the fact that people knew who he was, here, was overwhelming for him. He was also not the person to have many friends of the opposite sex, because most of the girls who dueled, where he came from, were really creepy. When the news came to him he was shocked out of his mind, regardless of how indifferent he acted.

"Lucas! You need to see this!!" an exhausted Jessica was yelling as she dashed into her dorm room where Lucas was casually flipping through a video game magazine.

"What?" he said as he sat up on the bed.

"Look at this, I found it posted in the main lobby." Jessica was holding a sheet of paper, she was waving it in Lucas' face so fast that he couldn't read the words.

"Why do I need to read something that you found in the middle of a girls dorm lobby?" Lucas asked, clear indifference in his voice. He really didn't care at all about the paper.

"I thought you'd care considering it has a bit to do with you!" Jessica said as she flailed her arms. This piqued Lucas' interest.

"What is it?" Lucas said with a sigh.

"It's a list of top ten hottest guys in the school..." Jessica began, but Lucas cut her off.

"I don't really care about that kind of stuff, I'd rather focus on my studies over how "desireable" I am. Probably just some sick joke anyway." Lucas lied. The news was terribly shocking to him and he wished that he wasn't a nervous person at that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwh ile in a dark room in the Obelisk dorms...

"This boy's becoming a problem." A deep sinister voice said from the shadows.

"But he's so cute! How could you want to harm him?" A high pitched female voice replied from somewhere else in the shadows.

"He's way deadlier then I originally took him for, but he's weakening, I can sense that the sudden attention that's being paid to him by the female portion of the school is wearing him down. I think that by the promo exams he'll become full of himself, at his weakest, I think that's when we should strike." Greg's voice was ringing clear in the room.

"Why wait for the promo exams, he's weakest now, I used to live with him, I can tell that the sudden attention has made him weakest from the state of shock that it put him in. That is according to Jessica Anderson." Veronica had just cut in.

"Well whatever we plan to do it must be executed soon because he'll soon get used to the attention, and it won't bother him. He's highy adaptable, according to the research I took from watching him duel." The deep voice that had originally spoke was speaking again. At this point the door opened.

"Why is it so dark in here?" A rather mousey boy turned on a light. And the room flooded with light. The guy who had just spoken threw his arms in front of his face.

"Shut it off you fool!" he yelled at the mousey boy.

"Sorry, sir." he said as he turned off the lights.

"Do you think we should strike now, Veronica?" Greg asked.

"I don't think we should We should get some more info on him, I propose we send one of us undercover into the Ra dorms, it'll have to be a girl so I nominate...Crystal!" Veronica volunteered.

"Fine I'll go, but I'll need a Ra uniform. Does the little one, Jessica, know who I am?" Crystal asked.

"No, I don't think so. She prefers to obsess over guy duelists more then female duelists, she's always saying things like: "I need to get better so Lucas will take me more seriously." crazy stuff that brings pervy thoughts to all who actually pay attention." Veronica said with a disgusted tone.

"Do they have any dorm pets?" asked Crystal.

"There is some sort of weird animal running around in the dorm. I don't think that it's anything to worry about. Now let's put the plan into action." Veronica suggested.

"Yes. Crystal, you will need to obtain a Ra uniform, fortunately, we have some friends in the on-island deapartment store. Fortunately since the writer of this story wants it to move along we'll just magically attain them in this pitch dark room." an eerie, cold voice said from what could be described as a corner.

"For the last time Frank, we don't live in a story. Besides that would be fourth-wall breaking." Greg scolded. He was clearly frustrated that his comrad Frank kept refering to the movie: "Stanger then Fiction".

"Let's just turn on the lights, and put this plan into action." Crystal said as she was being heard crossing the room. She flipped on the lights, and was bathed in light once again.

"You really need to get some more sun, Greg." The deep voiced supposed leader acknowledged. This guy was extremely odd, his features resembled those of a shark. he had grayish skin, three scars on both sides of his neck, and a dorsel fin-like mohawk.

"My condition is natural, you used a load of cash to make yourself look like a freaky shark man!" Greg raged as his teeth began to come to a point. His eyes began to flare and warp between blue and brown.

"Clam down boys, I'll get my uniform and be at the Ra dorm straight away. See ya later guys." Crystal giggled. She left Veronica and the other guys to continue to talk.

"Something tells me that she's gonna become attatched to that Lucas guy, the writer is telling me that at least. Mako, we may have a problem." Frank commented in his eerie voice.

Mako glimpsed at the book guy. "There is no reason to believe that Crystal would stray from the job. Veronica, do you believe Lucas could charm her?" Mako sounded a tad concerned.

"No way, he prefers to be alone anyway." Veronica sneered before speaking again. "Besides even if she did there is one small problem, Jessica would fight tooth and nail to gain Lucas' attention. She'd probably tear her to shreds before she could make a move." Veronica laughed at the thought.

"Good, we can defeat that brat, and regain our glory!" Mako began to laugh evilly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night in the Ra dorms...

Lucas and Jessica were sleeping peacefully on their own sides of the dorm room. Lucas had been staying up late studying for tests, and needed as much sleep as he could get, however a noise kept waking him up. When he went to see what it was, it stopped. The fourth time he was awakened there was a small amount of weight on his chest. When he looked up he saw a rat sleeping on his chest. He wanted to yell out in fright, but the whole having to wake up early the next morning simply drove him to grab a box from the side of the bed. Silently he slipped the box over the rat, and tossed himself to one side, knocking the little animal into the box.

"Once again, America proves that we can kick around nature." Lucas smirked as he sealed the box and put it back down on the side of the bed.

"Lucas, why are you yelling about kicking nature around again?" Jessica asked groggily. Lucas had waken her up when he caught the rat.

"I'm not talking about kicking nature around. You are just dreaming about me turning unexplainingly evil again." Lucas said as he waved off the comment.

Jessica simply yawned, turned over, and went back to sleep. Lucas sighed in relief as he too resumed sleeping. "Tomorrow I'll get a cage and some food for it." he said before going back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

"Lucas, what's in the box?" commented Jessica as she saw Lucas carrying the box out of the room.

Lucas froze up, then he turned around slowly. "It's ummm...a...sur..prize?" he said with a jittery tone.

"I just love surprizes! What is it?" Jessica cried as she lunged for the box. Lucas raised it above his head slowly and backed out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short while later...

"Yes, I need a cage for a pet." Lucas said as he stepped up to the front desk of the on-island mall's pet supplies shop.

"Is it on the approved pet list?" a young, red haired woman wearing a blue apron asked in a bright voice.

"Yes, I need supplies for a rat." he requested. He held up the box with a grin.

"Umm...ok, well how long is it?" The woman asked. Lucas cringed a little when she said that, stifling the urge to burst into laughter. His curse, he laughs at inappropriate times.

"'Bout ten inches." Lucas declared as he looked into the box. The rat clawed at the sides of the box in a desperate attempt at escape.

"Ok, then you'll need this kind of cage, this type of food, water bottle, food dish, and bedding. There, you're all set. Have a nice day Lucas!" the woman smiled.

"How did you know my name?" Lucas asked as his jaw slacked.

"Oh, you're one of the best duelists at this school, everyone knows you." The woman giggled. Lucas resumed carrying his stuff back to the dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the dorm...

"I'm back! And I got all sorts of things for the surpize!" Lucas proclaimed as he got into the room. He was shocked to find that Jessica wasn't there. He set to work setting up the cage and preparing all of the living arangements for his new pet. When he finally set the rat into the cage he noticed that it was black and white, and that it was involved in some rough times based on the amount of scars that were visible under it's fur which was matted in some places. "I think I'll give you a bath first." he said as he took the rat to the bathroom. He plugged the sink and filled it about halfway. He washed the rat to the point where it's fur gleamed. At this point Jessica walked into the bathroom.

"What the hell is that thing?!" she screamed as she pointed to the now writhing rat that Lucas held in his arm. It finally settled on crawling up Lucas' sleeve.

"Surprize?" Lucas said confusedly. He swiftly crossed the room and put the rat back into it's cage.

"What kind of surprize is a rat?" Jessica said through deep breaths.

"A good one if you happen to like them." Lucas defended himself. He took the rat out of the cage and held it up to Jessica. "Just give it a pet, it's totally harmless." Jessica ground her teeth, but out of kindness gave the rat a quick stroke on the head. Lucas then withdrew it and kissed it on the head.

"Ewwwwww! That's so disgusting, how could you even think of kissing a filthy rodent?" Jessica asked in a disgusted voice.

"I just cleaned it, you walked in just after I dried it with your towel." Lucas said as he gazed out the window. A thermometer showed that the temperature was at fifty degrees and dropping.

"YOU WHAT?!" Jessica screamed. She began to lunge at Lucas from across the room. Lucas grabbed her wrists, and moved out of the way.

"I'm kidding." Lucas sighed. He assumed that Jessica would think it was humorous.

"Well, I'm going to go get ready for the promo duel that I'm scheduled for." Jessica said as she walked out of the room. Lucas checked his PDA to find that his duel was in one hour. So he too left the room after locking the rat's cage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way...

Lucas was on his way to the Obelisk arena when he ran into Melanee.

"Lucas, I got promoted! I'm in Ra now too!" she exclaimed as she hugged Lucas' neck.

"Wonderful, I look forward to seeing you around the dorm." he said before Melanee skipped off down the road, carrying a new Ra jacket over her shoulder.

"So you're Lucas Forester. Third hottest guy in the school, vanquisher of Greg, conquerer of the Crystal Beasts, currently drawing attention away from guys like me, and the only duelist that is feared by the notorious Big Five. I've got a score to settle with you, but I'll wait 'till it counts to get you." Mako vowed from the shadow of a tree.

"Yeah, that's really creepy for a guy to say, I"m gonna leave now." Lucas said as he backed away from the spot that he heard Mako addressing him from. Without looking back he began to dash to the Obelisk arena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Arena...

Lucas was waiting for his name to be called while he watched the duel going on before him. A giant snake-like alien was facing off against the glowing red image of Mejestic Mech Ohka. The duelist who was using the Bitelon was a short lime-green haired girl. The Mejestic Mech user was a pasty pale boy with white, blue striped hair. He also was a Slifer freshman student, judging by the color of his jacket. The girl was also a red student, but she was in her Junior year.

"It's been fun, but I'd like to end this and get back to my girlfriend, so I sacrifice Mejestic Mech Ohka (2400/1400) so I can summon Mejestic Mech Goryu (2900/1800)!" The dog shaped Mejestic Mech warpped and changed until it resembled a dragonic machine that radiated with white light.

"How could you summon a level seven monster with one tribute?" the lime-green haired girl asked. She was staring at the Mejestic Mech with disbelief.

"Mejestic Mechs Goryu and Ohka can be summoned with one less tribute then required. The only down side is that they would be destroyed during the end phase, I say would be because there is no end when this will be the finishing blow. Goryu, attack with Radiance Burst!" Goryu launched a powerful blinding ray of light at Bitelon (2400/1000) which roared in pain before exploding into millions of pixels. The girl threw her arms up in front of her eyes to prevent herself from being blinded.

Jessica took the opportunity to sneak up on Lucas. "Lucas!" she yelled over the crowds gasps and cheers. Lucas made no movement, he just stood there staring at the spot where Mejestic Mech Goryu was.

"So how'd you do?" he asked, predicting the answer.

Jessica leaned on the railing next to Lucas. "He pulled out Exodia on the first turn." she said with a sigh.

"That sucks." was all Lucas could say before his name was called along with none other then the leader of the Big Five, Mako.

"I thought the promo exams weren't for a while Frank!" Mako yelled at the book duelist.

"I never said that the writer wouldn't accelerate time to bring us here." Frank defended, his voice becoming spiked with malice.

Lucas hopped over the railing and positioned himself in front of the shark duelist. "I hope you're not planning on getting promoted this time, I'm the best in the academy, it'll be a frosty day in Hell before I lose to a freshman." Mako sneered.

"I'm not concerned with what goes on below us, the only thing I'm concerned about is your face. Come on, why would someone make themselves look like that. It throws off the surprize of figuring out which deck they use." Lucas egged on the shark duelist.

"You dare insult your superior? I'll make sure you learn your place. Now let's duel!" Mako shouted as his duel disk activated. (Mako's LP 4000) (Lucas' LP 4000)

"I'll go first, and I start with Gladial Beast-Dichaeri (1600/1200)!" A wildabeast appeared on Lucas' side of the field. It stomped it's back hooves and snorted ferociously. "I set two face downs, and end my turn." Mako drew a card and added it to his hand.

"I summon Great White (1600/800) next I activate Polymerization to fuse my Cookie-Cutter(800/0) and my Saw-Tooth(1900/700) to make Saw-Shark Arlongus(2500/2000)!" A giant white shark with arms under it's fins and a humonoid shark with a full set of limbs, a familiar shark tail, and a saw-like nose blinked onto the field. "Arlongus, attack Dichaeri with Saw Ripper!" The Saw-Shark's nose began to whir violently as it charged Dichaeri.

"Wrong, go Negate Attack! It ends your battle phase and keeps Dichaeri safe, I need him for my biggest monster." Lucas smirked. A spiral vortex appeared in front of Dichaeri, it absorbed the blow and then vanished.

"I set one card face down and end my turn." Mako said with displeasure. Lucas drew a card and immediately placed it on his disk.

"I activate Resting Gladial Beasts, I return two of my Gladial Beasts to my deck, then I draw three cards." Lucas shuffled his deck and then drew three cards. "I summon one monster face down and then equip Dichaeri with Armaments of the Gladial Beasts-Gladius (1900/1200). Now Dichaeri attack Great White!" Dichaeri stampeded across the field and slashed the Great White across the snout, causing it to explode in a flurry of pixels. (Mako's LP 3700) Mako shrugged off the damage indifferently.

Mako began to cackle and a sudden haze began to fall over the field. Slowly, Lucas' eyes began to blur until his vision was completely dark. "Open your eyes boy!" Mako shouted across the field. Lucas looked ahead to see a black, swirling cloud above and around him.

"What did you do Mako?!" Lucas asked as fear gripped his chest.

"I brought you to your final resting place. Of course the people outside are seeing us duel normally, but when you lose you'll be dead both here and in the real realm. I happen to know that you're now gonna return Dichaeri to your deck so bring on any of your Gladials, my sharks will rip all of them to shreds." Mako cackled again.

"Fine then, but now it's time to bring out one of my most powerful monsters. Come forth Gladial Beast Alexander(2400/600)!" Dichaeri turned into a beam of light and shot back into Lucas' deck. A radiant beam of white light flew from his deck and the giant form of a winged lion with plate chest armor appeared. When Lucas did nothing else Mako drew a card.

"I activate my set card Compulsory Evacuation Unit to send Alexander back to your hand." as Mako spoke these words Alexander warpped back into Lucas' hand. "Next I summon my second Great White (1600/800) along with my spell card Heavy Storm to destroy your set cards!" Lucas' cards all exploded leaving him utterly defenseless. "Now my sharks, feeding time. Attack, both of you now!" The sharks bit into Lucas ripping his clothes and tearing through his skin. Lucas screamed in pain as he fell to his knees. (Lucas' LP 0)

"I fell on my keys!" he yelled as he doubled over. The mist cleared, and as the real world faded back into existance he felt cold and unnerved. A group of students and a few teachers almost instantly surrounded him. Most of which were concerned fangirls. Lucas shook off all of the other people and stalked off not really caring who asked what was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Dorm...

"What happened? You lost and then you stalked off. Why did you act so rudely to those people?" Jessica was chewing Lucas out for his out of character behavior.

"I don't want to talk about it." Lucas said indifferently. He turned over on his bed and blocked Jessica from his sight.

"Don't act like that because you lost, look at me now!" Jessica flipped Lucas over to look into his eyes. What she saw were two sinister red eyes. Those eyes glared up at her with malice and contempt.

"Get away from me woman!" Lucas yelled. Jessica drew back, but continued to stare at Lucas, her expression changing from anger to an expression of deep hurt.

"Am I interrupting something?" Crystal stood in the doorway. Her deep tan skin meshing perfectly with the yellow uniform. Her brown hair running down to her waist.

"No." Jessica said, not taking her eyes off of Lucas. She changed into her pajamas in the bathroom while Crystal talked with Lucas.

"So, you lost for the first time today didn't you?" she asked with some sympathy.

"I didn't lose, I was merely reborn. My loss made me see my own true purpose. I'm not going to lose...ever again, but I can't do it with my pathetic deck. I'll need to harness the powers of darkness to make myself powerful enough to take down the one known as Mako, punish him for causing me to feel the pain of a thousand stabs to the heart. Is that so wrong? Wanting to punish the ones who made me like this, is it wrong?" Lucas flipped between his original brown to the red to a deeper more sinister red, almost like blood red.

"No, punishing those who harmed you is never wrong. Make that shark man pay for what he did to you." Crystal said as she held Lucas' hand. Lucas shook her off and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

'Hmm, someone who said revenge is ok. That's a new one. Something is definately wrong with this picture.' Lucas thought before he fell asleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later...

Lucas was the first one up, and he'd left the dorm long before the others were even awake. Jessica and Crystal were changing when Crystal decided to start a conversation.

"So, has Lucas always acted like that, all emo and red-eyed?" she asked. Jessica sighed before answering.

"He's never acted like that, he used to be kind and gentle. I guess he doesn't take losing very well." she answered. Crystal looked over at Lucas' bed to find that his uniform was laying there.

"He doesn't have his uniform on, must be in regular clothes." Jessica commented when she saw the yellow jacket. Lucas walked into the dorm at that moment dressed entirely in black. He was wearing a huge black coat, the tails of which went down to his feet. His eyes were still blood red, and he failed to notice the two girls.

"Nice threads, but the goth look is out." Crystal looked Lucas over from head to toe.

"I don't care what will be said or if I'm out of uniform. I'm getting ready to take on the best monster in the game, and to do that I must immerse myself in the total darkness." he said without emotion.

"What are you talking about?" Jessica asked.

"The only dragon that is as dark as I am. I've got all of the cards, now I just need to assemble my new deck." Lucas said as he dug out his cards.

"And what happens to your Gladial Beasts?" Crystal asked.

"I'm going to destroy them to free myself from my weaker past." Lucas replied ominously.

"You don't mean that! You have had some good times with those cards!" Jessica yelped in shock.

"Point? I have no reason to use those pathetic cards anymore." he replied with a chuckle.

"You know, I think I may know what caused this, but I'll have to look into it..." Crystal said before she dashed out of the room. Lucas turned to face Jessica. When she looked at Lucas she noticed that his eyes were normal again.

"Lucas?" she asked cautiously. Lucas placed his deck onto her palm.

"Don't let me retrieve these cards until I've conquered this." he said solemly. Jessica stared at him blankly.

"I won't let you have these back, I promise." Jessica said as tears began to well in her eyes.

"You have to promise that no matter how ugly the situation gets you won't give these cards back until I'm completely normal, got it." Lucas said just as solemly. Jessica merely nodded. "Good girl." Lucas said before he left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Obelisk Blue dorm...

Crystal was pounding on the door to Mako's room. "Open this door now, and tell me what you did to Lucas! He's been acting strangely, tell me what really happened during that duel you shark bastard!!" she continued pounding on the door. Mako's roommate, Frank, opened the door.

"So the writer made Lucas a Red-Eyes Black Dragon then?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"I think? Where's Mako? I think he started a Shadow Game, and it affected Lucas strangely." Crystal was beginning to lose patience.

"Well, if you want to find him, he's in the cafe down by the main academy. Said something about wanting to gather more info on some guy." Frank replied. Crystal started for the cafe, fuming now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the cafe...

Mako was talking with some younger students. The kids were shifting around nervously, they were scared to death from the shark man. Crystal whipped him around in his chair and pinned him. "What did you do?" she asked, the kids now were even more terrified. Mako merely smirked and before he replied.

"I don't know what you are talking about." he said nonchalently. Crystal began to get seriously pissed off.

"Don't you say that, you know what you did, now tell me before I rip off the only thing that would make you a human!" she castrated.

"Now no need to get violent, honey, let's go somewhere a bit more private so we can talk." Mako was trying to be cool, failing miserably.

Crystal gladly dragged Mako to a nice dark alley before pinning him to the wall of a building. "Now, tell me what you really did during that duel! Did you induce a Shadow Game? Something you did make Lucas go all emo red-eyed! Now tell me what you did, and how to reverse it!" she demanded. Mako didn't move, he was thinking of something he could say that wouldn't end with him being unable to have kids.

"Well, I did start the Shadow Game. Lucas lost badly, I did not make him go through the Penalty Game. Maybe that caused him to become like he is, either way I don't care. I wanted him out of the way and he's probably killed himself by now. I'm fine no matter which way this turns out, long as he doesn't figure out that if he won a Shadow Game that he induced himself that his new curse would be removed." Mako gasped when he realized he didn't think that. Crystal released him and then went to track down Lucas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the dorm...

"Tell me where his deck is!" red-eyed Lucas demanded. Wings were appearing from his back, and fangs were protruding from his mouth.

"No way! The real Lucas told me to keep it away from you!" Jessica was weakly defending herself. Lucas advanced further within striking distance from his newly formed tail. Luckily Crystal got into the room in time to pull Jessica away from a lash from the black, leathery tail.

"He's gone berserk! We need to get him into the open!" Jessica was panicing. Crystal smirked when she heard the glass window break in the room.

"Good, we've got back-up. Come on we need to get outside." Crystal and Jessica ran out into the streets which were now full of frightened students. All of them looking skyward to see blue and red bursts of light smashing into each other. A swiftly moving black object was launched deep into the forest. A blue and white object soared after it.

"Whos' that?" Jessica pointed at the zig-zaging white object.

"You know Gregory?" Crystal asked. Jessica looked confused for a moment before realizing who she was talking about.

"Well, Frank was talking about how the writer made the one of the main characters of his supposed last fic have a child with a dragoness, that's supposedly how Greg came into being. Lucas was the poor victim of a Shadow Game. Mako just didn't do the Penalty Game so the shadows decided to make Lucas a dragon, now they are fighting for dominance of the area." Crystal explained as she slithered through the crowd. Jessica at her heels. (A/N: Wow, this is even bugging me out!)

"Is this a good thing?" Jessica asked. Crystal looked back with a grim look on her face.

"Not if Lucas is as determined as he is famed for." Crystal looked into the sky to find the two dragons were now dueling over the ocean. The black one diving close to the sea leading the white one in a failing pursuit. Gregory, having had more time to master the dragon's power, fired a powerful blue beam which landed square in the middle of Lucas' back. As the black dragon fell toward the ocean it fired a black and red beam which clipped Greg's wing, causing both dragons to fall toward the ocean. Lucas unfolded his wings and pulled up in time to save himself from drowning under the weight of his own wings. Greg was not as lucky, he fell in. Lucas, out of pity, pulled Greg out of the water by the tail. He threw Greg onto the ground, before changing back into the human form.

"Time to track down the shark man and give him his." Lucas took off again, keeping out of sight. When he finally found Mako, he fired the warning into a nearby wall. Using a highly concentrated beam he told Mako to be at the Obelisk arena by three sharp. Mako, being frightened at the sudden message, just nodded, as if he was speaking to a ghost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the arena...

Lucas was already there, in the darkness. He was waiting for his prey to walk in. Then out of nowhere, glowing red chains whipped around his body. He tried to break free, even using the Inferno Fire Blast, as he'd dubbed it, to break the chains. All attempts failed, he was then pinned to the wall. The lights all came on and he found himself face to face with Mako. "Hello, Lucas, doing better I see. Not what I intended." Mako said as he placed his palm on Lucas' forehead. When he pulled it back a black sphere was glimmering in his hand. The curse had been lifted. "Now, you see these chains? They are made from the exact same material as the whips I use to keep my minions, the others of the Big Five, in order. They disobey me, I drain their life energy. Pity I have to resort to simply killing you, I've had too much fun beating the tar out of you. Crystal is also going to be facing this, however, she got emotionally attached and hasn't been giving me any information on your progress." he began to cackle wickedly as Lucas strained against the chains.

"You sick bastard! How could you even think to harm a woman! I'll kill you!" Lucas began to struggle even more fiercely. Mako merely shrugged it off, and hit a button on a remote that he'd produced from his pocket. A bit of security footage from the dorm began playing. It was the point in time when he'd attacked Jessica.

"You really should practice what you preach." Mako said nonchalently. At that moment the door was blasted off it's hinges. Greg, Crystal, Jessica, Steve the Pirate, Frank, and Melanee were all standing there. They had watched Lucas blast the message into the wall.

"Let the Captain go ya scurvy dog!" Steve threatened as his own duel disk activated.

"Oh God Steve." Lucas said as he bowed his head.

"Yeah what he said!" Crystal added. Mako began to cackle again, he pulled four whips out of a pouch on his jacket. At this point the chains all released Lucas. Lucas put himself between Mako and his friends. He took the full force of the whips.

"I fell on my keys again! What the Hell!!" he massaged his hip where he'd fell.

"Why'd you do that?" Mako asked, his anger increasing.

"It's called being a good friend, or captain, or whatever." Lucas said as he tried to stand up. He fell back to the ground, all of his strength gone. His friends all rushed to his side, looking over his body, trying to find any obvious injuries.

"Time to make you pay." Crystal's duel disk also activated.

"No! Let me. I've faced him in a Shadow Game before. I can win." Lucas said as he tried to get up again.

"Two on one is hardly fair, I think I'll need some assistance." Mako said as he waved his hand gesturing at the door. Veronica stepped into the arena.

"Traitor!" Lucas breathed heavily. He tried again to get up, failing again. Crystal knelt down beside him. She kissed him slowly before she responded.

"Steve and I can handle these two, you need to rest. Stay here for now, kay?" she asked. Lucas closed his eyes and nodded.

"Not what I'd have predicted would happen." Frank said. He drew back as he began think of what the writer would do next.

"Enough talk, time ter duel!" Steve said as he took his place and drew five cards from his deck. (Steve/Crystal's LP: 8000) Crystal stood twenty feet away and drew five cards from her deck. Mako and Veronica mirrored the action. (Veronica/Mako's LP: 8000)

To be continued...

A huge tag duel is starting, only one deck is known so far. It's two Obelisks vs. a Ra and a Slifer. Can Steve and Crystal win? Check it out in: Tag duel: Fight in the Shadows!
Frank: Of course, they're the heroes.
Me: Shut the hell up!

ATTENTION DUELISTS:

As of last week, the Gladial Beasts will be known as the Gladiator Beasts, due to someone posting some dub information on the english game. Thank you.