Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Princess Sakura ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
KNOK! KNOK! KNOK! The sleepy princess opened one eye to look at the door. She stumbled out of bed and tried to rubb the sleep from her eyes. She was 5 years old with auburn hair and emerald green eyes, the perfect mix of her mother and father. She reached the door and opened it. There stood a man with brown hair and brown eyes. She knew this man very well. He was a priest in her father's court, and also her father's cousin.
"Princess, I'm sorry to wake you at such a late hour, but there has been an emergency in the town. Are you allright?" She gave a weak nod as an answer. She was still sleepy, and wasn't listening very well. "Come, we must go to the throne room." He took her hand and led her away through the corridor.
As they entered the throne room, the princess could hear her father's voice giving order's to the other priests. "Here she is, your heighness", the man said. "Thank you, Seto." She could here footsteps as her father walked from his throne over to where she stood. The Princess took hold of one of the corners of her father's cape to keep her self from wavering. She was still half asleep-until a huge boom sounded behind her. The Princesse's emerald eyes opened wide as she spun on her heels to look towards the door. Her father ran towards it, pulling his daughter with him without knowing. The doors were opened by the guards to reveal the city of Egypt burning. The girl was now fully awake staring with wide eyes in shock at what she saw. She had never known anything like this. She looked up at her father to ask what was wrong, but he was also in shock. His violet colored eyes were wide with terror and the princess could see the flames that were ingulfing the city, burning his eyes with sadness. She tugged on the edge of his cape in order to get his attention. He looked down at her with the sadest eyes she had ever seen.
"What's going on, daddy?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Know ing that his daughter didn't understand what was happening, he could only lie to her," nothing. Everythings okay."
He knew it wasn't right, but he also knew that it was all he could say for know. " Seto, get some of the guards to put out those falmes. Isis, will you take my daughter with you back to the throne?" The princess knew Isis, she had played with her many times when her father was away. " Yes, my Pharoah. Come now, Princess." The king watched as his daughter was taken away from the terrible scene. He had allways hoped that his family and the citizens of Egypt would see peace and harmony for a millenium, as his father had hoped before him. But now, seeing this, he knew that would not be. "Atem?" The king spun on his heels. He knew that voice. It was the one of his queen, Nefert. Her hazel eyes were a light green at the moment, but they allways seemed to change. "We must make a descision, about our daughter." Her voice was calm, but her eyes were full of sadness. "I know. We can't keep her here. Not now." He looked into her eyes. They seemed to agree silently, and were brimming at the edges with tears. She was tough though. She had grown up tough, living on the streets. "It's okay, you can cry." He opened his arms and she ran to him, her eyes overflowing with tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T he young princess looked back over her shoulder at her mother and father. She knew something very bad was about to happen. She could feel it. She also knew that her father had lied to her, but she had gone along with it, just to make him feel better.
"Your still very tired, aren't you?" Isis looked down at her with kind eyes. The princess noded as she climbed up on her father's throne. The last thing she heard was Isis' voice, calling for a blanket, before sleep over came her, and she drifted back into the blackness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The King and Queen walked into the throne room, sadness mixed with determination in thier eyes. Both new what had to be done, and neither liked it at all.
"Seto.", the king called.
"Yes, my Pharoah?" Seto stepped forward from the other 5 priests.
"Send for Fujitaka, Nadeshiko, and Toya, please. Tell them to come emediatly." The Pharoah's voice was very sad. He trusted Fujitaka and his family. He was a close friend of the Pharoah's, and thier children had played together before. He just didn't want to see his daughter leave. She was only 5. He hadn't known her for very long. He also knew that she wouldn't remember this place and time at all. He was going to place a spell on her, so that she wouldn't remember any of this at all. He walked to the throne were his daughter slept silently. Unknowing of what was about to happen. He placed a hand on her head. The outline of his hand began to glow gold with a sad light. When his hand stopped glowing, he knew the task had been done. He leaned down and placed a silver cartouge around her neck, and whispered in his daughter's ear, "Goodbye Sakura."