Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel from Spira ❯ Meeting Kaiba ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fox- YAY PART 3!!!!

Mokuba- Wait, are you going to explain sex to me?

Fox-… Mokuba you need to have a talk with my friend Jess.

Jess- Hey I finally appeared in one of your stories.

Fox- Actually you're only going to be in the disclaimers.

Jess- What's a disclaimer?

Yugi- It's when the author says she/he doesn't own anything from the story.

Jess- *Gasp* It's Yugi! Hm… nope it still works better with Arpan.

Fox- I know… how about this? *Types a few things and Arpan appears*

Jess- IT'S ARPAN!!!!

Arpan-… Get this damn disclaimer over with.

Yugi- Fox doesn't own anything.

Jess- *Puts Mokuba on her lap* Ok Mokuba let's talk about sex.

Kaiba- NO!!!!!

~*~*~Hikari's POV~*~*~

He stopped and looked at the speeding machina. He didn't move. Without thinking of Rikku or Yuna I used one of my magic powers.

"Haste!" I shouted.

They looked at me as a speeding clock appeared in front of me. In a blink of an eye I ran out in the middle of the black ground, picked the boy up in my arms (you know like cradling or something), and ran to the other side with him uninjured. I picked my head up and looked at the surprised boy in my arms.

"Are you all right?" I asked him smiling.

"Yeah… Hey that was so cool! How did you move that fast?" he asked in excitement.

Moments later Yugi and the others appeared next to us. Another young man came rushing towards us. He was tall with brown hair and blue eyes. I put down Mokuba as the man ran up to him and kneeled down to hug him.

"Mokuba, what happened?" he asked.

"Kaiba! Man and I thought to day was going to be a good day," Joey said a bit angered by this Kaiba person.

He ignored Joey and looked at me. He stood up to face me.

"Who are you?" Kaiba asked.

"Man and how do you move that fast?" Tristan asked.

I gasped, "Please you mustn't speak of this!"

They looked at me oddly. "I wasn't supposed to use my magic. I just had to though or else he would have been hurt but Yuna is going to be so mad at me if she finds out I used it. Oh please don't tell her."

"Hikari, calm down and relax. Now slowly explain what happened," Ryou said calmly.

So I explained. I told them about my magic powers I had, but that was all. I couldn't explain dress spheres to them yet.

"Do you actually want me to believe that you used magic powers to save my brother? And I guess you want me to believe the tooth fairy and boogie man still exists too?" Kaiba said coldly.

I sighed there was only one was for him to believe me. I glanced around to make sure no one would see me.

"Ok see that tree of there?" I asked pointing to the tree several feet away from us.

They nodded. I closed my eyes and raised my hand in the air. I then slowly brought it down.

"Blizzard," I said as I cold wind swept by us.

The tree that was once there now had snow and ice forming on it. They gasped and looked at me.

"So then you were telling the truth and you really can cast magic?" Serenity asked.

I nodded, "Yes I trained two years with my magic powers and finally mastered them."

Tea walked up to the frozen tree and touched it.

"Man it's real," she said shivering.

"So that was common in your world?" Yami asked.

"What do you mean `your world'? She does come from here doesn't she?" Mokuba asked.

"No I don't come from here. I come from a place called Spira. Oh and sorry I didn't introduce myself. My name is Hikari," I said smiling at him.

"Well my name is Mokuba, and this is my brother Seto," he said pointing to the young man.

I looked up at him and smiled, "Nice to meet you."

"Spira… I have never heard such a place," Seto said in a cold voice.

"Well they haven't either so I don't blame you for not believing in what I say," I stated looking at him.

There was silence after a while as Seto and I stared each other down.

"Well come on Hikari we have to show you how to duel," Joey said grabbing my hand.

I smiled and nodded.

"Hey can I come too?" Mokuba asked.

"Why not, the more the merrier right?" stated Marik.

"Come on Seto let's go," Mokuba said grabbing Seto's hand.

"Hn… why not? I guess I can watch Wheeler get defeated by a new girl," he said.

Joey tried to ignore it and dragged me to a building. Two dragon statues stood outside the building as we passed them and went inside. The building was huge on the inside with platforms on each side of a rectangular arena. I watched one as a boy placed a card down and a fiend emerged from the ground. I gasped.

"A fiend but how?" I asked loud enough for Joey to hear.

"A fiend? Nah… that's a duel monster," he said stopping in front of the duel, "See the things the guys are standing on are dueling platforms. There's a flat surface in front of them and that's where you put your cards down to put them on the field."

I kind of understood what he meant but I think a first hand experience would be better. Mokuba led us to an empty arena secluded from the others.

"Here you go in that one and I'll going in the other one over there," Joey said running of.

"But I don't have any cards," I said.

Yugi held some in front of me. "Here you can use mine."

I took them in my hand and smiled. I then walked off to the other platform and stood there. It rose up a bit until I was able to see Joey on the other side.

"Now some things to know before we start, there are three different colored cards in that deck you have. The yellow ones with numbers at the bottom are monster cards. They protect you and fight for you. Defense mode is when you place it on the side and attack is just up right. You have to watch the numbers though. The numbers on the left are attack points and the ones on the right are defense points. Depending which is higher you put them in defense mode or attack mode. The green ones are magic cards. Depending on which ones you have you can destroy a monster with one card, bring a monster that was destroyed all ready in the duel, or raise your monster's attack or defense. Those will come in handy. The next ones are purple. They are trap cards. They can stop a monster from attacking you, destroy a monster, weaken my monsters, or get rid of all the cards in our hands or on the field. The first person with zero life points by the end of the duel wins. Now let's duel."

Before I could say anything the duel had all ready started.

"Ok since you are new and you are a lady you can go first," Joey said.

I got out five cards and looked at them. I had two magic cards a trap card and a monster called Mystical Elf. Since the defense was higher then the attack I placed it in defense mode face up on the field. The monster hologram appeared in the field. I then placed the trap card and a magic card face down on the field and ended my turn.

"That all ok then. Watch and learn from a real champion," Joey said drawing his five cards.

He looked at them and smiled. He took two cards from his hand and placed them on the field.

"Ok then, I'll play Ax Raider (1700) in attack mode." The hologram of his card appeared on the field, "And I'll play Kunai with Chain to raise my monster's attack points by 500 (2200). Now my monster, attack her Mystical Elf."

His monster was about to attack when I played my trap card Negate attack. It absorbed the attack. (Ok I'm really not good at writing duels so I'm just going to jump to the conclusion). I dueled quite well for a beginner. Joey and I were at our last 100 life points. This next attack is going to determine the whole match. On Joey's side of the field was a super-powered Flame Swords Men (2800) and a Thousands Dragon (2400). On my side of the field were a Dark Magician (2500) and Dark Magician Girl (2000) and three face-down cards. It was my turn.

"Ok Joey, I'll play this card face down and use this magic card I had on the field, Book of Secret Arts, to increase Dark Magicians Girl's attack points to 2500 making it stronger then your Thousands Dragon. Now Dark Magician Girl, attack his Thousands Dragon."

The Dark Magician Girl attacked his Thousands Dragon and destroyed it from the field lowering Joey's attack points by 100. His Flame Swords Men was still stronger so I needed my magic card and my trap card to defeat Joey which is what I was going to do.

"Now I'll play this Dark Energy magic card to raise my Dark Magician's attack points by 300 (2800) and that will be then end of my turn."

Joey drew out a card. "All right, I'll play this card to change the field to a meadow field making my Flame Swords Men stronger (3000). Now attack my Flame Swords Men!"
The Flame Swords Men was about to attack but I was waiting for it.

"Ha you fell for my trap! Now I summon my trap card Acid Trap Hole," I shouted victoriously.

His Flame Swords Men fell into the ground and disappeared. Joey was surprised when I did this. He looked at his hand to see what he could play but he had nothing. He sighed with a smile on his face and then placed his hand on top on his deck. I looked at him surprised as the platforms lowered to the ground I grabbed Yugi's deck and went back to the others. Joey was there waiting for me.

"Joey what happened, why did you place your hand on your deck?" I asked.

"For a duelist that means the person gives up," Yugi said as I gave Yugi back his deck.

I looked at Joey, "Why did you give up?"

"Well I didn't really have a good hand and I knew that your next move would have defeated me anyways. So I'd rather admit defeat then see my monsters get hurt."

I smiled and nodded.

"Hn… well I can understand how you can win against Wheeler. He's a novice compared to me," Seto said with his arms crossed in front of him.

"Gr… SHUT YOUR MOUTH KAIBA!" Joey shouted at him with his fists up.

I stepped between them with my arms reached out in front of their faces.

"Please no more fighting, I don't want to see fighting anymore," I said with pleading eyes.

They were surprised as I placed my hands at my side. I lowered my head remembering what happened two years ago. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Hey what's wrong, a beautiful face like yours doesn't deserve a face like that," Duke said.

I smiled and whipped away any traces of more tears.

"I'm sorry it's just that, two years ago my friends and I fought against an evil being called Sin. I thought we were all going to make it out of that final battle but…" a flow of tears started falling, "But two of my friends didn't make it out."

I whipped away my tears and tried to smile but I couldn't do really do it. I missed Auron and Tidus so much. They taught me a lot about swordsmen ship, blitz ball, and Zanarkand. They gathered around me and tried to comfort me as best as possible, but I don't think anything could cheer me up right now.

"That's enough."

We looked up and saw Kaiba standing there, "Do you think crying will bring them back? I suggest you suck it up and forget about them."

"How could you say that? How can you just forget about your friends and live on thinking everything that happened was nothing? The pilgrimage we went on with my sister Yuna was one of the biggest things that ever happened. We saved our home and made sure Sin would never come back to existence. The time we spent together was the best thing that ever happened, and forgetting my friends is like you giving up duel monsters. I just can't do it."

"Well then I suggest you stop crying over the past, what happened in the past happened and there isn't anything for you to do about it. The least thing you can do for the lives of your friends are just keeping all the good times you had in mind instead of all the fights and things you went through with them."

I looked at him a bit surprised. I was shocked that he would help me when he acted so cold and mean. What he had said to me actually helped me. He turned his back and started walking away.

"Come on Mokuba, let's leave," he said walking out the doors.

"Ok. Bye everyone!" he shouted while waving towards us. He ran after his brother, "Hey Seto, wait up!"

~*~*~Seto's POV~*~*~

I walked out the doors with Mokuba coming from behind me.

"Hey Seto, why did you help Hikari out so much? You normally aren't this nice to new people," Mokuba said while walking next to me.

"What about it?"

"I just thought I was odd. I mean you aren't normally this nice."

`Why was I so nice to her? Why did I help her? It wasn't pity. I didn't feel bad for her. I just didn't want to see her cry. It's not like I have feelings for her or anything, right?'

I was a bit confused with my emotions. They were tugging me in different directions. I was confused but I couldn't show it.

"Mokuba let's go home," I said and walked out the door.

~*~*~Hikari's POV~*~*~

"Hey I bet you're hungry how about we go out for lunch?" Tea suggested.

"Yeah let's go to Burger King!" shouted Joey and Tristan.

"No I'm in the mood for pizza, how about you Yami?" asked Yugi.

He nodded.

"Hey wait Yami and Yugi I'll come with," said Marik.

"I'm going to go to a café and eat something there, would you like to come with me Bakura?" offered Ryou.

He shrugged and followed.

"Well I'm going to go to Subway. Would you girls like to come?" Mai said to Tea, Serenity and me.

The girls nodded and walked next to Mai but I stayed there.

"So Hikari, where would you like to eat?" Duke asked me, "I'll eat with you somewhere."

"Um… I think I would like to eat some fruit actually and read a book now that I think about it," I stated smiling at him.

Duke brought up a fake smile. I think he didn't like the fact that I didn't want to hang around with him and wanted to read a book instead.

"Well at the pizza place we are going to you can get a fruit salad, why don't you come with us?" offered Yugi.

"No I enjoy fresh fruit with a book in a tree some where," I said.

I wasn't embarrassed about it. Everyday in Spira for lunch I would do it. They knew where to find me too because it would always be around the fresh water pond by the beach.

"Wait you eat in a tree?" Mai said.

I nodded and she laughed.

"Ed'c cu e tuh'd kad vyd yht ikmo mega oui. (It's so I don't get fat and ugly like you)," I said chuckling to myself.

"What's that?" she asked angrily.

"Nothing, well I'm going to find some fruit and a good book to read," I said and walked off.

"Wait!" shouted Yugi.

I turned back and saw Yugi running up to me.

"Here you might need some money," he said and handed me at least 20 gill.

"No, no I can't accept this," I said pushing the money back to him.

"No I insist, besides I don't think you have money that you can use here," Yugi said placing the money in my hand.

I looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you," I said and walked off.

"Hey meet us by the park in an hour ok," he shouted and ran off with the others.

I walked for a while and then stopped. Everyone was all ready out of sight.

"Wait but I don't know where the park is?" I said to myself.

I sulked down the streets yelling at myself in my mind. Why didn't I ask them where the park was? Yeah, that's what I was screaming in my head all day. Soon I managed to brush it off. I bought some fresh fruit and since I didn't want to waste all of Yugi's money I thought maybe I could write instead. I was writing about my adventures in Spira with Yuna and everyone. It was almost like my journal I guess one could say.

I walked down the streets trying to find the park and eventually found it. I sighed in relief when I found it and thought hey why not eat lunch there. I walked in and found the perfect tree. It was tall and had many so many leaves you could hardly see what was up there on the branches. It was also right by the park so I thought it would be a good place to spot the others. I jumped up, landed on one branch and then jumped again. I sat down and leaned my back against the wood. I hung the bag on a branch above me and took my journal from my cloak pocket along with a pencil. I didn't like writing with pens because sometimes I would draw sketches of my friends on the pages. I grabbed an apple and took a bit out of it when I heard someone.

"Come on Seto please, just for a little while and then we can go home."

I moved some leaves out of the way and looked out. There I saw Mokuba and Kaiba by the park. I watched them as Mokuba dragged Kaiba towards the park.

"Hey come on Seto please," Mokuba pleaded.

Seto sighed, "Fine but only till I say we go got it."

Mokuba smiled and ran over to the park. Kaiba walked towards the tree I was sitting in and sat on the bench under me. He sat there coldly and stared out towards the playground. I put my book down and looked at him. He seemed to be so angry but he couldn't be that coldhearted. I mean well he did help me try and stop crying. Maybe he wasn't all that bad as he seemed.

I leaned down even further and almost fell but caught my balance. I sighed and sat back again. Only I leaned back to far and there wasn't anything behind me. I fell flat on my back behind Kaiba. He turned back to look at me and I was still on the ground in pain. I then sat up rubbing my head and then looked up at him.

"Hey Kaiba," I said smiling.

"What are you doing?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

I sat up straight and tried to think of something to say, but the truth came out.

"I was eating lunch and writing when you came," I said a bit embarrassed.

"So you were spying on me?" he said.

He was slightly smiling I think. Well at least I saw him smiling.

"No, no I wasn't spying. I was just… um…"

I couldn't think of anything.

"Well you could either finish your lunch up there or if you want you can sit down here," he offered turning his back on me.

"Wha… `Wait me eat lunch with him around? Is he coming on to me?'"

I jumped up the tree and got my bag of fruit and journal. It then jumped down and sat next to Kaiba. I picked out two fruits and handed him one. Reluctantly he took it and began eating it. I began eating mine in silence not looking at Kaiba.

"So tell me, what technology is in Spira?" he asked and took a bit of the apple.

"Well we call it machina or machine to some people. Um… it's pretty advanced look."

I pulled out the sphere Rikku gave me and handed it to him. He looked at it turning it slowly to look at every detail.

"It's a type of communicator for now," I added.

"What do you mean by for now?" he asked glancing at me.

"Well I can change this to almost anything. I can make it a part of a machina or a part of a hover craft, which ever one I decide to make first really."

I leaned back and looked at the sky fluffy white clouds passed by as birds flew near them. `I wish I could summon again. Valfore could fly me as high as the birds and I could go anywhere I wanted. I didn't want to destroy them and make it so that I would never summon again.' I sensed tears creeping up in my eyes. I sat up and rubbed them away. Kaiba was still examining the sphere when I looked at him. He then handed it back to me.

"Do you have any other pieces of machina with you?" he asked.

I wanted to show him my dress spheres but after showing him my magic and communicator I think Yuna might be mad at me. "No."

I continued watching the sky. It was the same sky like Spira but for some strange reason we were in different places. I felt something on my lap. I looked down and say a small bird there looking at me. Smiling I held out my hand and it hoped into it. I held it up and patted its head.

"You're very good with animals," Kaiba said looking at the area ahead of him.

I nodded, "I've always had a special bond with animals. It's weird but I can some how connect with them, you know?"

Kaiba just nodded as I let the bird fly away. I watched it fly away towards the sun.

"Hey Hikari!"

I looked towards the park and saw Mokuba run towards me. He stopped in front of me smiling.

"I didn't know you were here. When did you come?" he asked.

"I was here the whole time really."

"Where's Yugi and the others?"

"They went out to eat lunch. They'll be here in about 30 minutes though," I said smiling down at him.

He smiled back. "Hey does that mean you can play with me?"

"Sure, why not."

Mokuba dragged me to the park to play with him. He was very energetic for a little kid but hey at least he was having fun.

~*~*~*~Seto's POV~*~*~*~

I watched Mokuba drag off Hikari to the park. Oddly enough I was actually nice to her. This time I didn't have any emotions, it was more like I wanted her near me. She was different from the others but not because she was from a different place. Normally people would fear me because of my power, or like Yugi and the others hate me because of the insults I say to them. It seems that she's the only one that really understood what I was doing. I wasn't trying to be coldhearted I was trying to help in my own way.

I watched her and Mokuba play. She seemed to be nice but I knew there was more about her. She was hiding something from me when I asked her if she had anymore inventions for Spira with her. It didn't bother me a lot though. It was up to her not me. I looked at the note book she was writing in. I was tempted to read it but then that would be a violation of personal space.

"Hey get back here you!"

I looked up and saw Hikari chase after Mokuba playfully. She was smiling and laughing as Mokuba ran around some trees. `She looks pretty when she smiles.' What am I thinking? Why are these thoughts in my head right now about her? I've never really experienced love before except towards Mokuba, but that was a brotherly love type of thing. This was new to me. I continued watching them. My heart almost melted when she looked over and smiled at me. My face felt hot as I looked away. Everything for me seems to have cloud for now my thoughts only contained her. My thoughts were soon broken though.

"KAIBA! Man, are you following us or something?"

I looked up and saw Wheeler.

~*~*~*Hikari's POV*~*~*~*~*~

"KAIBA! Man, are you following us or something?"

I looked up and saw Joey a few yards away from Kaiba. I stopped running after Mokuba and Mokuba stopped and looked over too. We both rushed over to where Kaiba was and stopped several feet away from them.

"Hello Wheeler," Kaiba stated coldly.

I looked at Kaiba's face and saw small traces of red disappear. `Was he blushing?' Yugi stepped between Kaiba and Joey.

"Hey come on it's been a good day so far. Let's try not to get in a fight today," he said looking at Kaiba and then Joey.

Joey growled slightly and then looked away. "Fine."

"Hey guys!" I shouted and ran up to them.

I stopped in front of them smiling with Mokuba next to me. Duke of course stepped forwards.

"Hikari, so how was your lunch here?" he asked smiling.

"*sweat drop* ^_^;; Um… good. Thanks for asking."

"So Hikari was this guy bothering you?" Joey asked glaring at Kaiba.

I shook my head smiling, "No, in fact I had a pleasant conversation with him. He was quite polite now that I think about it."

I glanced at him smiling. He seemed to have turned red again and looked away. Kaiba stood up and started walking away.

"Mokuba we're leaving."

"Ok."

Mokuba walked up to me. I kneeled down to look at him.

"Hikari thanks for playing with me. It was fun," he said smiling.

I smiled back and kissed his cheek. I then kissed the other side. Mokuba turned bright red.

"Give one to your brother ok," I said winking at him.

He smiled and nodded. "Ok." Mokuba then run off to catch up with his brother.

"Hey Hikari what was that about?" Mai asked walking up to me.

"What was what about?" I said replying her question with another.

"'Give one to your brother'? Do you like him or something?" Mai asked smiling slyly.

"What!? No I don't like him. I mean he's a nice guy and everything but…"

"But what?" Tea asked getting into the conversation.

"Come on Hikari you can tell us," pleaded Serenity.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. `Did I like him? Well why would I give Mokuba a kiss to give to him?' Everyone laughed.

"So it seems that you do like him. So you met up with him here correct. So are you now friends, or perhaps lovers?" Bakura asked.

I was bright red at this point.

"Hey come on, let's not make too much fun of her," stated Tristan, "We still have to make fun of Joey for getting the crap kicked out of him by that girl."

"That was an accident! I did not look up her skirt!" Joey shouted at Tristan.

"And I have all three Egyptian God Cards and now the pharaoh of Egypt," said Marik smiling.

They argued about it for sometime as we laughed I laughed too but couldn't get the thoughts out of my mind. `Did I like Kaiba? He didn't seem so coldhearted towards me. Wait does he like me? Does he know I like him? Wait I just said I liked him! Oh… I'm so confused right now. I guess I'll walk it off or something.'

"Hey the day's still young how about we had to the arcade?" stated Marik.

The others nodded as I tried to sort out my thoughts.

"Hikari are you all right?" asked Yami.

I looked up and smiled. "Arcade, yeah sure why not."

They looked at me oddly but then smiled and walked off as Duke walked next to me. I then stopped ran back to grab my things and ran after the others.

~*~*~Seto's POV~*~*~*~

Mokuba ran up next to me and started walking.

"Hey Seto Hikari wanted me to give you something," Mokuba said to me smiling.

I stopped and looked at him a bit surprised. Why would she want to give something to me?

"What is it?" I simply asked trying not to sound interested.

"Bend down and close your eyes real quick and I can give it to you," Mokuba demanded.

As much as I hated to show I had interest in this I wanted to know what it was. I sighed kneeled down and closed my eyes. Just then I felt Mokuba kiss my cheek. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was smiling.

"Hikari wanted to give you that."

I stood up. `She wanted to give me a kiss why?'

"Hey Seto I think she likes you? You think she would like being my sister?" Mokuba asked smiling.

"Mokuba get rid of that thought in your head right now," I demanded him to do.

"But why? You have to admit Seto, you blushed when she was around you."

"Mokuba this conversation ends now."

Mokuba and I walked to our house. `Did she like me? I don't think so besides that Duke person seems to like her and isn't afraid to show it to her. I can't let these petty emotions of mine get in the way of actions.' We walked off in silence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jess- And that's all you need to know.

Mokuba- So that's how they make babies?

Jess- Yup

Fox- *blushing* why did you have to use me as a model with Kaiba?

Kaiba- *Blushing* why did you even bring her here?

Fox- I thought it would be fun.

Kaiba- So much for that… hey I know this is weird but I feel horny.

Fox- Don't even think about it.

Kaiba- Come on… please…

Fox- No…

Jess- *To Kaiba (song from Miss. Congeniality)* You think she's gorgeous… You wanna date her…

Fox- Keep it up Jess…

Mokuba- Hey does that mean Fox and Seto will have sex and Fox will be my sister?

Jess- Only if they make a commitment with each other.

Fox- *blushing* review please.