Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel from Spira ❯ Karaoke time! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fox- Guess who's back! Me with another chapter!

Kaiba- Oh joy…

Fox- You know I thought you would be nicer to me…

Kaiba- Not that, that. *Points to Joey and Yugi dueling* I'd rather not watch this.

Fox- It can't be that bad…

*5 minutes later*

Fox- Wow Joey you suck at dueling… no offence or anything but damn I thought you would at least last ten minutes or something.

Joey- I'm tired ok, I haven't sleep for a while after what found. *shudders*

Fox- What?

Joey- Closet.

Yugi- Before we get too far ahead of what happens Fox doesn't own anything.

Fox- And we're starting thinks up in Kaiba's point of view so enjoy! And also I got good news and bad news. First the good news I'm updating all my stories. The bad news is that school is starting meaning I have to concentrate on school work and stuff. That means I can only update my stories I would say once every Sunday. Hope ya don't mind bye!

~*~Seto's POV~*~

"Seto where are you going?" Mokuba asked me.

"Out."

"Hey can I come? Maybe Hikari will play with me in the park again," Mokuba said putting his jacket on and rushing outside.

I tired to stop him but he was all ready out side the door. Maybe it was a good idea to bring him. He could use the fresh air and if I did see Hikari he could be my excuse for staying around her. I just hope no one notices.

"Come on Seto!"

I looked up and rushed after him. We walked down the sidewalks for a while till we heard the happy-friend-loving person that scared me and who I hated (lol my perspective on Tea).

"Come on this way!" she shouted.

I looked up and saw Hikari.

~*~*~*Hikari's POV*~*~

I was being dragged by Tea down the sidewalks. That's when I spotted Kaiba. A smile appeared on my face as Tea stopped for a moment glaring at him.

"Kaiba what are you doing here?" Tea asked a bit angrily.

"Walking, now where are you going?" he asked looking at me.

"None of your business," Tea said.

"I wasn't asking you, I was asking her," he said looking at me.

A fleeting smile went on his face and then went back to a scowl.

"Hello Kaiba. We are just going to do some Karaoke," I said smiling.

"Cool can I come?" asked Mokuba peering from behind Kaiba.

"Why not?" I asked, "Oh that is if your brother wouldn't mind."

"Hn," was Kaiba's only response as the others came running up to us.

"Sorry we're late. Joey and Tristan go side tracked… again," stated Mai dully.

"Yeah… Kaiba man why are you always around us?!" shouted Joey a bit annoyed by the fact that Kaiba was always around us.

Kaiba was about to make a smart comment back but I didn't feel like a fight having to start. "Kaiba and Mokuba are accompanying us for karaoke. Sorry I guess it's my fault I forgot you two didn't get along very well," I said smiling my sweetest at Joey so he wouldn't be mad.

He looked at me for a while and then brought up a smile. "I guess it will be ok, but I can't make any promises."

I smiled back happily, "Thanks Joey."

"Hey we just put a karaoke machine in the one of the Kaiba Corp arcades. Why don't we try one of them out?" Mokuba said taking my other free hand.

"Ok."

Mokuba then dragged me a head of the others as fast as he could. I don't know why but he was in a rush to get away from the others. Soon we were out of site and Mokuba slowed down.

"Hey Hikari what do you think of my brother?" he asked as we walked.

"What?"

"Listen just to let you know I think he likes you a lot but doesn't really want to tell you so do you think you can make the first move to let him know how you feel?" he asked.

"What? Mokuba how do you know if he likes me or not-." He cut me off.

"Don't deny it. I think you like him a lot too Hikari. I mean I did walk in-."

"Mokuba we weren't doing anything."

"Sure, but you really have to show your emotion to him. Maybe if you sing him a song or something then he'll get it."

I had no time to talk to him about it or to tell him we all ready told each other. The others came running after us.

"And yet we were sidetracked once again by Joey and Tristan," stated Tea a bit angrily.

"It's all right it gave Mokuba and I a chance to talk," I said smiling.

I gave a furtive glance at Kaiba once we started walking again. He didn't really notice it which was good because I had to think of a song to sing for him. I didn't really sing any other song rather then the hymn but how hard could it be.

We soon came across a huge building which was filled with lights and loud noises. How could anyone possible sing in a place that was so noisy? Then I noticed where the noise was coming from. It was from a person singing. Quickly I covered my ears. They were too sensitive to be exposed to so much noise at once.

"Come on we can go to a room in back for some real singing," Mokuba said dragging me and the others away.

That's when a group of girls saw Kaiba and walked up to him. They all stopped him as we felt the room. I didn't quite feel comfortable about that but then again we weren't exactly a couple so I didn't mind.

~*~Seto's POV~*~

A small group of annoying preps (I HATE preps, ok back to the story) surrounded me cutting me off from the others. I looked up and saw Hikari's face. It almost seemed hurt.

"Like oh my god aren't you Seto Kaiba the person how owns this place and like the owner of the best company ever?" one asked.

I just tried to get away but one pulled me back.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" She pulled me down so I can look at her eye to eye, "Aren't you going to answer her question?"

"I think I'm going to leave now," I stated coldly and pulling myself back up.

"No way not before you show us around," said another one holding my arm.

I glared back at them. "Listen I all ready have a girlfriend so if you want to go fuck someone then pick someone else besides me!" I shouted.

They all glared at me.

"Like rude much," one of them said and turned to walk out the door.

"Maybe we can find a better place to hang," another one said following the first one.

The third one stuck her tongue out at me and ran to catch up with the others. I slowly calmed down. `Quote to self: always hate preps.' I then felt someone tug at my arm. I looked down and saw Mokuba standing there.

"Come on Seto, everyone's waiting and Hikari is going first," he said.

A gasp escaped from me when I heard this. Mokuba looked at me oddly.

"Did you just gasped after hearing Hikari was going first and that you might miss it?" he asked.

"No I."

"You should really tell her."

"Let's just go."

I didn't mind having Mokuba as a brother, but sometimes he can just be too smart. Even for me.

~*~*~*Hikari's POV*~*~

My luck sucks. In order to decide who goes first we drew straws. Whose ever was the shortest would go first. Unfortunately I got the shortest and I didn't know what to sing. Well I shouldn't say that. I heard Yuna sing one song before that Rikku sent me from their first mission as Gullwings only it wasn't her. It was the Gullwings enemy La Blanc. I thought maybe I could sing a different song I heard for him. Then I thought what if I would screw up.

"Hey found him. Now Hikari let's hear ya sing!" Mokuba said as Kaiba followed behind him.

He then explained the machina to me. It was a special one. Since I didn't know any of the songs I can download or copy or even play songs I've all ready heard and played them on to here. Well feeling better about that I decided maybe it won't be as bad as I thought.

I took a deep breath and walked to the front of everyone. They cheered me on as I placed a sphere that had the recorded song on it. When I placed it in the machina I stood in front of everyone and cleared my voice. (One Thousand words)

~*~*~*~3rd POV~*~*~*~

I know that you're hiding things,

Using gentle words to shelter me,

Your words were like a dream,

But dreams could never fool me,

Not that easily.

The room fell silent as Hikari sang her song. She heard it long ago in a dream but didn't know where it came from or who sang it. When she heard it she recorded it on a sphere and listened to it. It was the only other song besides the hymn she liked.

You acted so distant then,

Didn't say good bye before you left.

But I was listening,

You'll fight your battles far from me,

Far too easily.

Hikari suddenly transformed into her song stress dress sphere (looks like Yuna's only a light green). She continued singing though not knowing that it happened. The sphere also projected an image of ancient Egypt. Everyone gasped as they flew over it.

`Save your tears cause I'll come back'

I could hear that you whisper,

As you walked through that door,

But still I swore,

To hide the pain when I turn back the pages,

Shouting might have been the answer,

What if I'd cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart?

But now I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart.

Hikari's eyes were closed as Kaiba's and the others grew wide. She sprouted snow white wings.

`Cause a thousand words,

Call out through the ages,

They'll fly to you,

Even though we can't see,

I know they're reaching you,

Suspended on silver wings.

Oh a thousand words,

A thousand embraces,

Will cradle you,

Making all of the weary days seem far away,

They'll hold you forever!

~*~*~*Hikari's POV*~*~

In my head I saw something replay in my mind. I saw myself running with someone. I didn't know who it was, I didn't even know if it was me running until I saw my face. I was wearing a white gown and had flowing white wings on my back. The person I was running with was taller then me by only a few inches. It was a male because he didn't have a shirt on. His pants were white and a bit baggy and in his hand was a golden rod with an eye at the top of it. I was behind them and he didn't look back and his hair was covered by a rather large purple hat.

We (as in the boy and Hikari) were running and guards followed in close pursuit. We soon came to a dead end. The boy held me close to him as the guards surrounded us. We looked at each other for a moment and that's when I got a good look at the boys face. It was Kaiba. The people fired their arrows they had in hand and the place we were at before came into view again as I finished the song.

~*~Seto's POV~*~

We all watched her in awe. I've heard something like this before at a point but didn't remember where. I think I heard it from a dream but I was never sure. She began to sing again only with help. The one that I knew without wings and the one dressed in my clothing appeared next to the one with wings. They both finished the song. (Note: words in () means the winged one, no () (not going to try and spell it) means human one.)

Oh, a thousand words (a thousand words),

Have never been spoken (Oh yeah)

They'll fly to you,

They'll carry you home (carry you home),

And back into my arms,

Suspended on silver wings (on silver wings).

And a thousand words (oh),

Called out through the ages (called through the ages),

They'll cradle you (oh yeah),

Turning all of the lonely years to lonely days (only days),

They'll hold you forever!

Everything slowly began to fade. Her wings were fading but her clothing stayed. She stood straight for only a couple of minutes till she started to wobble. Hikari looked up a bit dazed and looked over at me. She smiled.

Oh……… A thousand words…

And with that said she began to fall. I quickly rushed over and caught her before she hit the ground. Everyone gathered around her as I stared down at her. A light surrounded us and her clothes changed back to normal.

"Is she all right?!" cried Mokuba and Tea at the same time.

"Check her pulse," stated Ryou.

I did so and found that she was still breathing. I then checked her heart beat and found that she was alive. I quickly sighed so that no one would notice how relived I was.

"She's fine."

I picked her up in my arms and began walking out the doors.

"Hey where do you think you're going?" Mai shouted.

"I'm going to take her to my house. The nurses there will be able to take care of her," I said looking back.

Wheeler stepped forwards in front of me, blocking me from the exit.

"There's no way I'm letting you take her when she's unconscious!" he shouted.

I looked at him annoyed and insulted. He would really think I would do something like that to her when she's unconscious. I sighed. It would be best to get her to a medical place or my place as fast a possible and I had no time to hear Wheeler rambling on about something.

"If you wish to accompany her then fine, but right now she needs to see a doctor and since my mansion is closer we should go there," I stated coldly.

I had no time for this. Wheeler looked at me oddly and then nodded. We both rushed out and I heard Mokuba inviting the others. When Wheeler and I reached outside my limo was there waiting. Wheeler opened the door and I quickly placed Hikari inside. The others rushed out as well and got in to the car. When the last one was in I felt someone watching. I looked up and saw a figure standing on the building staring down at me.

"Come on Kaiba hurry up!" Wheeler shouted.

I was still looking at the figure on the rook as I got in the car. The driver pulled away as I watched the person stare back at me. The shadow then left and my attention was with Hikari. She was now struggling a bit and beads of sweat formed on the neck. As much as I may have wanted to comfort her by grabbing her hand saying everything was going to be fine I couldn't.

We soon arrived at my mansion. Hikari was now struggling a bit and got a bit of a fever. I picked her but and rushed outside to get to the door quickly. Without thinking I busted the door down and ran into my bed room where she could rest. I placed her on the bed and the others gathered around her. As soon as I placed her in I ran to the bathroom and got a small cloth and bowl of water. When I got back I pulled up a chair next to her, dipped the cloth in the water and rung it out and placed the cloth on her head. She was struggling more and everyone was worried. I looked over at Mokuba.

"Mokuba go get our best nurse in here now," I demanded.

Mokuba listened and got the nurse. I stayed by her side the whole time hoping she would open her eyes and I would be able to look into them again. Soon it was night fall and she still wasn't awake. When the nurse walked out the others came in.

"Hey is she doing all right?" Marik asked while taking a seat on the other side of her.

I didn't answer. All I did was stay at her side watching her, waiting for her.

The sun slowly started to set. One of the butlers brought in dinner for us but I didn't eat.

"Hey Kaiba aren't you going to eat? This food is pretty good," Wheeler said stuffing his face.

"Go ahead and eat Wheeler," I said not taking my eyes off her.

"Wait did you just tell me to eat?" Wheeler asked a bit shocked.

"I didn't stutter. Now just do as you wish," I said and got up.

I needed to take my mind off of things. If Hikari was just unconscious then I don't have to worry about her. But then again if she was unconscious then how long would she stay this way? How long will I have to wait to her hear her voice or see her eyes glitter with life again? I began to walk out the room.

"Hey Kaiba where are you going?" Yugi asked as I placed my hand on the door knob.

I ignored it and walked out.

"Hey Yami does Hikari have anything to do with Kaiba's past? You know being a priest and all," I heard Yugi state to Yami.

I stopped and listened in on the conversation.

"I don't really remember. I do remember meeting a young girl once that he may have fell in love with but I'm not quite sure," Yami said.

"Don't tell me you really believe in that nonsense," demanded Bakura.

"I'm sorry but I must. I remember it somewhat but not clearly."

"What's he talking about?" Duke asked.

"It's a long story but here goes," stated Marik, "Long ago when Yami was pharaoh there was a myth that an angel fell from the sky one night and was the lover of the priest. It was said though that an ancient evil attacked several days before the two were to be wedded. The evil force almost destroyed everything if it wasn't for the lover's mother. Her mother was a powerful angel and banished the evil away to the shadow realm. She was saddened though because her daughter and the priest were dieing trying to protect each other. In her mother's last attempt to save her daughter and the rest of Egypt everyone was to be reborn. As you can see the pharaoh, priest, and tomb robber were reborn but the priest lover was never found. We believe that Hikari might be the missing link to this."

"So are you saying that Hikari and Kaiba are…?" Tea couldn't finish and Marik nodded.

"And to think sleeping beauty over there is melting the heart of our cold-hearted friend," Mai said.

I backed away from the door and walked down the hallway. I never did believe in my Egyptian past that Yami was always talking about. I thought of it as a fairy tale. I walked down the stairs and out the back door.

When I took the first step outside, a fresh spring breeze lightly brushed against me. I walked out towards the gazebo in the center of garden. I sat down and looked at the setting sun. The skies were an orange, red color and a light shade of purple rested in the sky followed by the first star.

I never believed in stories but after finding Hikari, why not? I wished upon that star that night, wishing that Hikari would wake up. I continued looking at the star until I heard Mokuba. "Hey Seto!"

I looked back at him.

"Seto you should come inside. It's starting to get dark out," he said.

"I'm fine."

Mokuba sighed and sat next to me.

"You know I think you should tell her," he said looking at me.

"Tell her what? There's nothing to say," I replied.

"You're lying. I know you like her a lot. That's why you were so nice to her and won't leave her side for the whole day. Come on Seto do you want to be like this until she leaves? If she leaves you nay never get a chance to tell her."

"Mokuba there's nothing to say. I don't like her and that's final" I shouted out angrily.

Mokuba looked at me as I sat there a bit angry. I was a bit upset I said I didn't like which was a lie but he couldn't find out. No one could. I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Hey where are you going?" Mokuba asked.

"Inside," I said and began walking up the stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fox- Aw… you didn't have to be so mean…

Kaiba- Aren't you going to open the door?

Fox- Oh right! *Kicks down door* Alright what's so creepy in this… AH MY EYES!!! *sees Jess and Bakura… eating donuts*

Jess- *with powder all over face* You guys will never guess what I did.

Kaiba- … I really don't want to know.

Joey- I… smell… donuts! *runs into room* NO THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!

Fox- What do you mean they're all gone?

Bakura- Sorry but we got hungry and wanted donuts.

Jess- And do you think we would have saved any?

Yugi- O.OU Please review.

Joey- GET EM!!!

Jess and Bakura- AH…!!!

Joey and Fox- *chases Jess and Bakura with weapons*

Kaiba and Yugi- -_-U