Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "I just found out there is no such thing as the real world...." ❯ "Take me by the hand, take me somewhere new." ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mischa_Pallas_Athena_Kitsune: Hello all! This is my first fan fic to be posted on here! I sure hope you enjoy it! I'm in it too! ^_^

Sakura Tora: I'm assisting/in this fan fic as well.

MPAK: Yu-Gi-Oh is not mine Nor are the songs I quote. I will try to give credit to the song writers/singers. But Mischa and the Caduceus are mine.

ST: Can I go (Drool over a piccie of Yami) now?

MPAK: Sure…^_^ ENJOY!

Chapter one: "Take me by the hand, take me somewhere new."

Isn't anyone tryin to find me?
Won't someone please take me home
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Wont you take me by the hand
take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
but I'm, I'm with you

I'm looking for a place
searching for a face
is there anybody here i know
cause nothings going right
and everything's a mess
and no one likes to be alone ~Avril Lavigne

"Hum…." A tall blonde girl sighed as she walked by her friend toward an unknown destination.

"What's wrong?" The shorter girl, the brunette, asked.

"Mmm.. Nothing. Eh.." She removed her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "It's just Gene. He keeps avoiding me…and the teachers keep getting mad at me for not paying attention in class."

"No duh hur! Of course they're gonna be mad about that!"

"Yeah.. but.. Saku! You know I knew what they were preaching about today. And Gene…Why is he avoiding me?"

"Easy Mischa. He doesn't like you."

The blonde, now known as Mischa, groaned. And the other girl, Sakura, sighed. Then everything went black.

***************************************************************** *******

"Uhhhn." Mischa slowly opened her eyes to a very scary scene. In front of her was a man, twice her size in a Japanese school uniform. He was running toward her, hands clenched in fists, knuckles white and face red. Her eyes got huge. She instinctly reached for her back pocket where she kept her cards. But the man, or boy, your choice, wasn't trying to hurt her. He just pushed Mischa over and went for his target behind her.

"Hey!" She yelled, twirling around. When she saw who the target was her heart skipped a beat. Joey? Why can't I …remember anything? Where am I? Her thoughts ended abruptly as a fist connected with Joey's cheek sending him flying. "Uh!" She said, trying to decide weather to beat the living crap out of that boy or to run to Joey. Ok. I'll beat the crap out of him first. She grabbed the collar of the boys shirt and spun him around so that they were face to face. "What in the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked him, angrily.

"Ahm justa teachin' the punk a lesson!" He said.

"Oh yeah? Well teach this!" She picked the boy, who had to weigh at least 150 lbs, up off the ground with just her left hand and punched him square in the face with her right. Yugi, Tea, Honda, Ryou and Joey all looked up as the guy hit the ground with a thud. The guy looked utterly shocked for a second then stood up and charged towards Mischa. "Uh…Oh crap." She muttered under her breath. Not a second too soon she jumped up and landed on the guys back, pushing off of him and spinning before landing. Her hands were curled in fists as she waited for the man to get up. He struggled to, but eventually got to his feet. "Leave." was the only word spoken. The boy stared at her for a minute, a bruise already starting to form on his right eye. "Get out of here before I really get angry." She stated, TRYING to be calm.

"And If I don't?" He asked, sounding a little too cocky for Mischa's liking.

Mischa pulled her cards from her back pocket, and without understanding what she was doing, she threw her cards at him. Her forehead began to glow and she felt weak. Several silhouettes approached the boy. The boys screams of terror woke her from her near-sleep state. Her eyes focused and she caught the image of The Lady Assailant of Flames, The princess of Tsurugi, The Ally Killing Female Knight (Unfriendly Amazon) and The Amazon Archer, all with their weapons, poised at the boys neck, ready to strike on command.

The boy took off and all the Monsters disappeared back into their cards.

"Ohh…" Mischa stuttered and stumbled backwards. She was caught by a pair of very strong arms. "Uh?" She looked up to see Joey, smiling at her.

"Ya ok? Thanks a lot! That guy would a kicked my butt!" She smiled back and stood up.

"Who are you?" Came from Yugi.

"My-my name is--"

"Mischa! *pant* *pant* Mischa! Are you ok? I saw the whole thing! Are you…? Where am I? Weren't we just…how did?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Mischa said.

"Who's this?" Joey asked.

"My friend, Sakura." Mischa said.

"Pleased *pant* to meet *pant* you." She held out her hand and Yugi shook it.

"Nice to meet you to!" Yugi said and smiled.

"So uh….Your Sakura and Your Mischa. What are ya here for?" Joey asked. Both girls shrugged.

"MMM I don't even know how I got here. I blacked out and I woke up here." Mischa said shrugging her shoulders. "Blacking out must've also knocked out some of my memory too… because… I don't know…I.. ow. My head. It hurts! My cards!" Mischa ran over to pick up her cards. She gathered them quickly and walked back to the group. "Do you have yours Saku?" Mischa asked.

"Yeah, I do." She said holding up a deck tied up in black ribbon.

"I saw that you made the cards come out of the cards… Um … how?" Joey asked.

"I don't know…I just… I'm…me." Mischa said.

"Yer confusing." Joey said then snickered. Mischa blushed. Mischa stumbled a few steps then fell. Luckily, Joey caught her, again she blushed.

"Eww! Oh my gawd!" Tea yelled. Everyone looked for what she was looking at. Tea just pointed to Mischa's leg. Mischa looked down at it.

"No wonder I'm having trouble walking!" She said. There was a slash on the out side of her left leg, blood was running down and her white sock was turning red. "Um…Ack!" Suddenly her head stung and pounded. She dropped her deck and a card emerged from it: Dian Keto The Cure Master. She quickly healed Mischa's wound bowed and left. Mischa stood up on her own and gave her leg a test kick. Sakura caught her leg and said; "It looks ok. Now we've got to figure out…Ow." Sakura twitched and froze. Mischa looked around then froze. Yami was the next to freeze.

"Aww come on! Ya guys a killin' me. What's wrong?" Joey asked. The two new girls and Yami raised a hand slowly and pointed to the trees.

"Ansatsu…" Sakura muttered.

"No It's dark ass." Mischa said.
"No time for jokes!" Sakura said trying not to laugh. She laughed out loud and a dagger was thrown at her. "Eh heh!"

In an instant Bakura had taken over Ryou and called out the man eater bug to destroy Ansatsu. And that it did.

/Yami…?/ Yugi said mentally.

//Yes, my light?// Yami answered.

/Can you probe her mind and see if she…or if they're hiding any thing from us?/

//Most certainly…One moment.//

Mischa was looking at Joey, smiling, feeling fuzzy. (Authors note: Fuzzy. FUZZY?! ::Hits head on wall VERY hard:: Co-Authors note: Uh…I think you could a picked a better word… Authors note: ::hits head on Co-Author.)

/Anything?/

//Well…I did get that Mischa remembers seeing Joey on TV and idolizing him…//

Yugi laughed out loud. Sakura turned to look at him. He blushed.

//And…!? Mischa and Sakura both know about me and…Bakura…and Malik too!//

/How?!/ Yugi shrieked inwardly.

//I don't know…We'll talk about this later--// Yami closed off the link.

"Looks like Joey has himself a new girlfriend…" Yugi said then laughed under his breath. Mischa looked at Yugi with huge eyes and a very nervous expression.

"Did ya say somn' Yug?" Joey asked.

"Uh! No! Nothing! Nothing at all!" He said when he saw Mischa's death glare.

"Um…Saku?" Mischa said.

"Yes?"

"Where are we gonna stay?"

"You can stay with me!" Yugi and Joey said at the same time.

"Score!" Both girls said at the same time and gave each other a high-five.

"Does anyone have the time?" Mischa asked then yawned.

"Yeah. It's about nine thirty…" Joey answered.

"I'm tired." Mischa said.

"Me too." Commented Joey. Sakura and Yugi both giggled. Mischa gave them a death-glare and Joey looked confused.

"GRR…" Mischa said under her breath.

"Wanna stay with me?" Joey asked.

"Sure." Mischa said and smiled.

"Well…Uh guys…We're uh… Gonna head home, ok? See ya." Joey said as he and Mischa started to walk off.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't!" Sakura yelled.

"That's not much, now is it?" Mischa yelled back.

"Uh!" Sakura said then laughed, sticking out her tongue.

"Ja ne!" Mischa said as she and Joey walked away.

****************************************************************** ******

"Um…" Joey said timidly.

"Can I take a shower?" Mischa asked.

"Yeah, bathrooms that way." Joey said pointing down the hall.

"Thanks…" She said. "Um…" She blushed. "Can I barrow some clothes?"

"Yeah sure but…" He blushed. "I kinda don't keep a stock of girls underwear."

"I don't mind. I like big boys clothes." She said then blushed realizing what she just said.

"Uh, ok. I'll get ya some."

"Thanks."

Joey set to rummaging around in his closet for clothes when he heard a scream.

"Joey!"

Joey ran to the bathroom as fast as he could and what he saw almost made him laugh. Almost. His father was passed out on the ground of the bathroom with a bruise on hid head and his tongue hanging out.

"Oh man! OH MAN! I am SO sorry!" Joey said pulling his dad from the bathroom.

"It's ok…" Mischa said shivering. She changed into the clothes Joey had left her and proceeded to towel dry her hair.

****************************************************************** ******

10ish at Yugi's

"Wow! Cool!" Sakura said excitedly as she ran up the stairs from the game shop to the Motou family house. "Um…Is there anywhere I can uh…" Blush. "Change?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah, the guest room." Yugi said. "Third room on the right."

"Thankies!" Sakura said shut the door.

/Yami?/

//Hmm?//

/Umm…Are you sure she's not hiding anything?/

//…//

/Yami?/

//I never checked the brunettes mind//

/Could you?/

//I guess… Be right back.//

Yami entered Sakura's soul room to find something very scary. The whole room was bright and swirling with all sorts of colors. Flowers flying every where and a bright golden light lit the whole room.

"All hail the king of games! Booya! Booya!" Was being repeated over and over again in Sakura's voice, Sakura was hugging a Yami and a Yugi plushie. Yami left quickly.

/Yami?/

//eh-heh..//

/What?/

//You don't want to know.//

In his soul room Yami was curled in a ball rocking back and forth with a weird twitch in his left eye.

"Ho ho? Who's this?" Suguraku asked nodding towards Sakura.

"I'mSakuraPleasedToMeetYouMisterMotou!" She said excitedly. "I was wondering if I could apply for a job at your shop?"

"Ho ho ho! That sounds great!"

"Um…Grandpa? Can Sakura stay here for a few days?"

"Sure! A friend of yours, Yugi, is a friend of mine!"

11:30ish at Joey's

Joey and Mischa were peacefully sleeping, both in Joey's bed, after an argument about who was sleeping where. Obviously Mischa though she was to much of a burden to sleep in Joeys bed, and Joey insisted that she take the bed and he sleep on the floor. But anyway.

Joey's father walked in the room. He dragged Mischa off the bed, carefully as not to wake her up. He put a gun to her head and--

"DAD!"

Luckily Mister Wheeler missed.

"What in the hell are you doing?" Joey asked.

"Just gettin' rid of what don't belong here…"

Mischa woke up and screamed. She kicked Joey's dad in the crotch and he fell over. Mischa jumped up and clung to Joey.

"Aww man. I am SO sorry! … Let's get outta here." Joey scooped Mischa up and carried her out of the room and out of the apartment building and down the road.

Mischa's left hand was holding on to Joey's Tee shirt, not planning to let go any time soon. She was shivering.

"Are you cold Meesh?" Joey asked.

"Hmnm." She said shaking her head in the negative. Joey then realized what was wrong. "Don't worry…" He said soothingly, "I wont let him hurt ya. I promise." She snuggled close to Joey and sighed.

In a matter of minutes they reached the Turtle game shop. Joey sat Mischa down and knocked on the door. No one answered. He knocked again, harder. Still no answer.

"Well Meesh…" He sighed. "No one's gonna answer." He sat down beside her and pulled her in his arms. She laid her head on his chest and fell asleep.

**************************************************************** ********

The door opened behind Joey, nearly making him fall over. His eyes got huge as he regained his balance.

"Joey? What are you doing here so early?" Yugi asked.

"My dad… he, um…Kinda got mad about Mischa."

"Oh, I see…Come on in! Sakura's making breakfast!" Joey carefully picked Mischa up and walked through the door held open by Yugi.

"H--!" Sakura was about to say something totally happy and preppy to start everyone's morning off with a smile, but her face changed when she saw the way Joey was holding Mischa. "Oh. No. What happened?" She asked.

"Um…My dad doesn't like Mischa." Joey said.

"What did he do to her to make her like _that_?" Sakura asked.

"First he looked at her when she was… in the shower." Joey said. Sakura nearly laughed. "Then, in the middle of the night he…" Joey trailed off.

"He didn't rape her did he?!"(1) Sakura nearly yelled.

"No, luckily. He nearly shot her though."

"Oh my. No wonder she's so scared. I think we should let her sleep. She'll wake up if she stays in here with all of us talking…Um…I'll take her up to the guest room." Sakura said as she picked up Mischa.

"Hmnm…" Mischa mumbled. Sakura started to walk away but that's when she realized that Mischa had a death-grip on Joey's Shirt and wasn't about to let go.

"Come on Mischa!" Sakura said and gently tugged on her.

"NNN…" Mischa said, tightening her grip.

"I'll tell Joey your secret." Sakura threatened.

"Mmm…" Mischa loosened her grip for a second the tightened it up again.

"Ya know Joey," Sakura said. "Mischa thinks you're hot." Joey twitched a little. "She says you have a wonderful physique. What are you? A 10 or a 12?" Joey blushed horribly. All the guys in the room did. Well Yami and Joey any way. Sakura looked at Joey laughed then said, "I meant your shoe size!"

/Yami?/

//Y-yes Yugi?//

/What did she mean by…?/

//I'll tell you when you're older.//

/How much older?/

//Half my age.//

/Yami!/

//Fine, I'll tell you later today.//

/ok./

"Dang, No more ammo." Sakura said. "Wait…" She grinned wickedly. "Hey Joey! Mischa dreams about you--" Mischa let go of Joey's shirt. "Thought so." Then Mischa grabbed Joey's shirt again. Joey smiled faintly and picked up Mischa, carrying her 'Princess' style to the Motou living room, laying her on the couch. She whined when Joey was about to leave. Joey looked around and when he was sure no one was around he kneeled by Mischa and said, "I'll be back in a little bit, I promise." He said then gave her a kiss on the forehead. She sighed contently and snuggled into the couch.

The Motou's, Joey and Sakura all ate their breakfast, talking about random things. Sakura still not remembering anything about where she came from or her family.

An hour later Joey walked back into the living room and gently shook Mischa awake.

"Hey, Meesh." He said. "Are you hungry?"

She opened her eyes and blinked a few times. "Joey…"

"Yeah?" He said.

" I had the strangest dream…" She paused the said, "I was in a hospital bed, and all these doctors were fussing over me. Everything was so blurry, and I couldn't understand a thing they were saying. It's like they were talking in another language."

Joey looked concerned for a second. "Well, you can eat it off! C'mon!" He helped her up and led her to the kitchen.

"I'm not really hungry…" She said. "Let's see what's on TV.

"AWW! But Saku's cooking is good!" Joey said.

"I know about Sakura's cooking. It may be good but it has given me so many stomach aches… Especially in the morning…I don't usually eat in the mornings…I don't? Well…I just remembered something about my self!" Mischa said, wide-eyed.

"I remembered some things about you too…" Sakura said with a twitch in her right eye…

"Like what?" Mischa asked.

"Uh….You don't wanna know… I'll tell you later."

(1) MPAK: If You are ever Raped or Abused please call the RAPE ABUSE and INCEST NATIONAL NETWORK hotline at: 800-565-HOPE

ST: You'd never be able to tell you were only 13 MPAK.

MPAK: Oh yes! And please review! Ja ne! You have my love!

ST: The flames?

MPAK: OH! I will use those to toast marsh mellows, scorch Mai's hair when she's not looking and burn Tea's miniskirts!

ST: *Sweat drop*