Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ ~*Summer of Fear YGO Style*~ ❯ One~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*-*"Summer of Fear" YGO style*-*


If you had never read this book, "Summer of Fear" by Lois Duncan, you would love it so much... It is about this girl named Rachel (now played by Tea Gardener) her aunt and uncle die in a car attedent and her cousin Julia (who will be named now Kelly Andews) is left all alone. So Juila stays with them. But there's something odd about Julia. Julia starts to steel her bedroom, her best friend (who will be all the YGO girl characters and some of my O.c), and even Rachel's boy friend (Yami Motou). Now Rachel's parents (Mr. and Mrs. Gardener) think that Rachel is jealous of her beautiful cousin. Why can't anybody see the evil behind Julia's enchanting charms?

Warning- some of the dialogue contains sexual humor, crude humor, mild to extreme language, which craft, and bad themes. (<----They all come later on in the fic to warn you this first chapture isn't bad at all) And character's might seem out of order.

I don't own this book, or any of the YGO character in general.

Main Characters-

Rachel Bryant- Tea Gardener (main character)

Mike Gallagher- Yami Motou (The boy next door/ boy friend)

Mr. and Mrs.Bryant: Mr. and Mrs. Gardener (Tea's mom and dad)

Bobby Bryant: Caleb Gardener (Tea's little brother)

Pete Bryant: Gabriel Gardener (Tea's big brother)

Carolyn Baker: Abetha Pegasus (Tea's best friend)

Julia Grant: Kelly Andrews (Tea's cousin)

Professor Jarvis: Professor Arthur (The professor)

(I'm going to change up the real story so to make it more fun and so that other YGO character's can pop in and have fun okay)

On with the fic!!

___________________________________________________________< br> Capture One

I had waken up to the smell of bacon cooking from downstairs to up to my room. I moaned, I blinked my eyes only once, saw the sun shining brightly into my room, then shut my eyes again. But, sadly, it didn't work. And now I am up. Fully, up. And I'm not liking the idea at all. I then slip outta bead and streaking my body out to the moring sun. My pale skin glows in the brightness of the sun. I smile, walking to my window and fully opening up the window to see Yami, walking his dog around on the sidewalk.

Popping my head out the window, I give him a warm smile and wave gently at him. "Hey Yami!"

He waved back at me. "Hey Tea! What's going on?"

"Nothing much Yami, you?" I yell back.

"Alright I guess. Yugi is sleeping and so is grandpa. So now I had to walk the dog in the morning!


I giggled. "Well Yami, want to go to the pool later on?"

"Yeah, let's make it a date. Well see yah." Yami said, now walking his dog Yukiuma around.

"Yeah, see you Yami." I responded, feeling my face heat up to his nice smile he gave me from far away.

My body fluttered in butterflies as Yami kept his eyes on my face as I ducked my head back into my room. Then skipped to my chair where my jeans and my halter top rested. I put them on and paused in front of the mirror that hung over my bureau so that I could run a brush down my short strength brown hair. I always wanted long, wavy smooth brown hair. But my mother had me cut my hair every two months or so. So until I was out of the house or so. The short hair was still going to keep preventing me from my dream. I wrinkled my nose is so much disgust of myself. I diced not to improve my appearance any further. What is the use anyway of putting make-up on when your going to the pool?

I stopped looking at myself and slipped out of my room, down the steps, and into the kitchen. To my surprise, when I got there no one was downstairs in the kitchen like they normally was. But from how everything was set up, they where in here for sure. For the coffee mugs where out and coffee was in it, half way done to be exact. The bacon lay draining on the paper towel on the counter top. Eggs where all on the plates getting ready to go onto the table. The bread was already out of the cubord and on the table. And my dad's paper was spread out on the table to the sports section.

"Daddy?" I called out, shifting my eyes. "Mom?"

Listening a little further, I could hear noises in the living room. Muffled noises mixed with cring and my daddy's deep breath. I didn't know what was going on, so I hurried into the room. And there they where, the four of them. My parents seated on the sofa. My mom crying, and my daddy holding mom in his arms. Then the two boys, standing there with a barried look on there face. As if they where lost or something.

"What happened?" I cried out, getting very worried about mom. This is the first time in years I have seen mom cry out so much.

It was Caleb that got up the guts to answer.

"It's about Aunt Yuriki and Uncle Yumiashtah." he said. "They’re dead."

"D.. Dead!?!?!" I couldn't catch my breath at first from the dreadful word. The butterflies in my stomach started to feel like bee's stinging my insides. But it was more of shock then grief. For I haven't really seen my aunt and uncle for a long time. I think it was five was the last time I really can remember seeing them. Maybe it was because they kept moving various places. And how they never really came to our family gatherings. They did live in China, Hong Kong. And very little do we in Japan talk to family out side of Japan.

"All these years!" My mother started. "And I never called her on the daily bases! Or even visited! We could have at least visited them last Christmas instead of staying down here!"

"Dear, you can't go on talking like that," Daddy said gently. "Yumiashtah was just to much into his waiting. You couldn't have moved him from his lab top up in the city and come down to this small city to see us. And Yuriki wouldn't go anywhere without her husband right by her side. As for us going there... We weren't invited.

"Hunny, we could have invited ourselfs!" Mother went on, "And besides, we are all family right?!?! She can't not invite us. And beside, we where her only family she had. It wouldn't matter at all if we went there or not. They can't just kick us out."

"It still didn't matter." Daddy said. "He doesn't want anyone near, around , or even 10 feet away from his work. And Yuriki went along with him on anything. To have arrived there on there doorstep, uninvited would be the unthinkable to them. And besides, we expected to see them this summer."

"What exactly happened? I asked, interrupting there conversation. "I mean how did they die."

"Car wreck." Gabriel said to me, his chin long brown bangs he blew away from his face. His hands stuffed into his baggy pockets, his head was low to the grown as the spark he had in his light blue eyes disappeared. I could tell that he in greif from the sudden tragedy. "It happened yesterday, but the message didn't come into today. They where driving a woman to her home near there house. But the care went of a cliff and it burned."

"Oh my Lord!" I shrieked, I could picture the horrid scene right now. A car, burning into ashes with my uncle and aunt and a woman inside of it. Water came bulging out of my eyes as I tried with all my might to hold them back. "And you said we where going to see them this summer?"

My daddy nodded. "Yuriki wrote a Christmas letter to us that said when Yumiashtah was done his new novel called "The falls Wars" that they planned to get with us or something like that. She wanted to have Kelly with them for her senior year instead of off at boarding school.

"Kelly!" My mother cried out. "That poor girl." She barred her face into my father shoulders as my brother Caleb gave her a tissue from the coffee table. She then looked up at my father and said. "We have to go and get her right away. Imagine her all alone at such a terrible time!"

"The sheriff's telegram said that she was staying at the house," Dad said. and since they don't have a phone I don't suppose there's any was to get in touch with her ecvept with a return telegram. But probably by the time it's delivered we could be there ouselfs."

"She must have gotten back from her boarding school," mom said. "And Yuriki was looking so forward to having her only daughter come back home. She must have been so lonely without her daughter with her." Mother's voice shook, as she tried to keep it together. "She had no one, no one but me. We where the last ones on my side of the family."

"How old is Kelly now?" Dad asked. "Sixteen or fifteen?"

"She's a bit older then that hun," Mother said. "I know that when she was born Gabe was just a toddler."

"Your right about getting the poor child." Dad said. "I'll call the air port and book in a flight for the two of us. And I'll call Sheriff Matthew also too so that he can give the message to her. I'm guessing I will have to get a flight that might take us to Twain first then to Hong Kong if that's alright."
"Fine with me, but all now Mark, please, we have no time to waste." Mother said, holding back her tears.

"Are we all going?" I asked.

"Oh no dear. This isn't a family vacation." Mother said, It will be a very exhausting trip, especially if we will be dropped off at Twain. There will be so much to do in very fast time. And it would be best you ran the house with Gabe and Caleb. You'll have Mr. Motou to run over if anything happens. I just can't believe that Yuriki is dead! You know we had a tree house once."

I held my mom then in my arms to calm her down. Hey, at least she wasn't crying anymore.

"Are you bring that girl back with you?" Caleb said.

"Oh you mean your cousin Kelly? Yes, indeed! Well, if she's willing to come with us. I can't imagine where else she would turn to. She has no more relatives.

"Should I remember her?" Gabe asked. "I've got a hunch that I have seen her once."

"You did. It was about the year that you had started first grade. Yumiashtah had gone somewhere getting interview on his writing on Egypt or something like that and Yuriki came and stayed with us with little Kelly. She was a cute little thing, I remember you teased her every single minute. She had a stuffed bear, and you took it away and gave it to Tea to have. Tea you bite off it's left ear!"

"Now that I don't remember." I quoted.

My mom's memories of her sister just kept on rolling as they flashed across my mother's eys. Me and the boys stayed very close to mother to keep her confort. We listened to her laughing and sighing through every story.

As soon as you know it, Dad was done with the calls. "We are going at noon dear, so get packed up."

Mother then sat up, giving all of us a kiss on the cheek. "Oh no! No one had there breakfast!"

"That's fine." I said, grinning. "None of us is hungry anyway. And there's dried cereal anyway."

Mom and Daddy went upstair and got themselfs ready for there long ride. Gabe had already left the house to his job as Caleb went up into the basement. I went into the kithen and put away the bread, and coffee mugs. Then took a plastic food bowel and gave the rest of the food to our dog Skie. I then felt unless and walked into random rooms with nothing to do.

Finally, I went outside.

Yami then appeared to my veiw as I walked off my pourch and into the sunlight that glowed on Yami's pale skin. He was coming in his swimming trunks and his white beater and a towel tossed over his right shoulder. He gave me a handsome grin, I pulled into a state of shock as I remembered that he didn't know.

"Hey brownie," he laughed. "Your not ready to go."

"I can't." I looked up at him. "My aunt and uncle had died in a car wreck and now I can't go."

"Ooh.... That's gotta suck." The damn handsome grin he had put on left his face and his violet eyes lost that twinkle that it had. "Boy, I'm so sorry Ta."

"My aunt, aunt Yuriki, was her only sister. And the last to live her side of the family," I started to say. "So know they are going to Hong Kong to get my cousin that they left behind."

"I see." Yami didn't have much to say. "You mom must be torn up."

"She's hanging in there." I said.

"What's her name." Yami asked.

"Kelly, Kelly Andrews." I said.

"Kelly..." Yami repeated. "I don't think I have ever heard you say anything about her. Is she going to stay with you?"

"I dunno." I said. "I guess until she can getta place or something. She's seventeen; and to what you and I know, she can't obviously go out and live by her self yet." It wasn't until Yami asked that question I started to think. Is Kelly really going to be living with us? Or does she already have plans to live with someone else? But we are the only family she has. Yet again, she was a teenage girl with probably a lot of connections.

"Hey, at least it will be getting a older sister, won't it?" Yami said, looking at the bright side of things. "But crazy ain't it? Thinking you'll never have anything but two brothers and then finally, at your age, you getting a sister."

"You crazy." I said back to him. And then I thought, what would it be like to share my home and my family with a ready-made sister whom I didn't even know but her name?

________________________________________

disclaimer ness- Okay! I'm done that chapture!

bakura- that's it?!?!

disclaimer ness- yeppers

Bakura-come on!

discalimer ness- noopers, now i gottta write capture two.. So you all.. REVIEW!!!

bakura- yeay!
Converting /tmp/phphf0M3y to /dev/stdout