Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ ~*Summer of Fear YGO Style*~ ❯ Two~ ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*-*"Summer of Fear" YGO style*-*


If you had never read this book, "Summer of Fear" by Lois Duncan, you would love it so much... It is about this girl named Rachel (now played by Tea Gardener) her aunt and uncle die in a car attedent and her cousin Julia (who will be named now Kelly Andrews) is left all alone. So Julia stays with them. But there's something odd about Julia. Julia starts to steel her bedroom, her best friend (who will be all the YGO girl characters and some of my O.c), and even Rachel's boy friend (Yami Motou). Now Rachel's parents (Mr. and Mrs. Gardener) think that Rachel is jealous of her beautiful cousin. Why can't anybody see the evil behind Julia's enchanting charms?

Warning- some of the dialogue contains sexual humor, crude humor, mild to extreme language, which craft, and bad themes. And character's might seem out of order.

I don't own this book, or any of the YGO character in general.

Main Characters-

Rachel Bryant- Tea Gardener (main character)

Mike Gallagher- Yami Motou (The boy next door/ boy friend)

Mr. and Mrs.Bryant: Mr. and Mrs. Gardener (Tea's mom and dad)

Bobby Bryant: Caleb Gardener (Tea's little brother)

Pete Bryant: Gabriel Gardener (Tea's big brother)

Carolyn Baker: Abetha Pegasus (Tea's best friend)

Julia Grant: Kelly Andrews (Tea's cousin)

Professor Jarvis: Professor Arthur (The professor)

(I'm going to change up the real story so to make it more fun and so that other YGO character's can pop in and have fun okay)

On with the fic!!
_________________________________
Capture 2


Kelly. I don't know how many times I would say that name until I fall to the ground in laughter of the name. I have been repeating the name for days since my parents had left for Hong Kong. Kelly. It would come into my head at random times-when I was ironing my shirts, fixing lunch or dinner-sitting in on the lawn reading a book. It was just weird. Who is Kelly, really? What does she look like. Does she look anything like my mother or my aunt? What was she like? And was this girl going to be my new almost step sister?

Gabriel, or Gabe claims that he remembers a little about her. But I on the other hand could not remember her at all. A blank spot in my memory. I then wondered since her mother and mine where sisters, if she had some short of resemblance to mother. Mother medium size, curved body, long brown haired women. Her eyes dark blue and I swore some times she looked like Angelina Jolee (I can't spell, sadly). Sadly, I didn't have that sudden appearance of that at all. I had inherited my fathers tallness as so did Gabe did too. I do have my mothers color hair, but not at all my mothers wavy smooth long brown hair that she had cut to her chin last week. Which made her look alot less like Angelina. But I had more of my father looks then my mothers. Same applied for Gabe. Except his eyes where narrow like mothers. But I had my fathers big light blue eyes, his sharp chin, and his boney cheeks. But he was a handsome figure to many. But me and Gabe got my dad's strength thick, dead routed hair. Sometimes in the summer, Gabe would run around in the sun, he would get dead routes and the middle of his hair would be pitch black while the rest is nice and light brown. That doesn't mean the same applies for me. But I'm smart enough to wash my hair with special shampoo.

As for Caleb, he came out lucky with my mothers special features. Nice small curved lips, his eyes where not too narrow but not too wide unlike Gabe and mine. His eyes where a mixture of light and dark blue. He had smooth dark brown hair and nice faire skin that fell nicely on his head. He was slightly build and had very nice smile.

Kelly. It was a very pretty name. I then tried to remember random things about Kelly over the years. I knew, of course, that she went to boarding school. I had a weird feeling though that she had a talent of some kind. Was it singing? Dancing? Written poetry? To the truth, I had never really made a note of it or any kind of memory of anything about our family. Which now I wished I did.

"Why do you have to be prepared. Yami asked to me. "She'll be what she is, that's it. You'll find out what she's like soon enough."

We where both sitting in my backyard, enjoying the sunshine with Skie and eating turkey sandwiches. For some odd reason eating out in the backyard with the sunlight falling in patches between brunches the elm tree made it seem way more like that summer was here. Skie rolled around on his back as we threw him scraps from out sandwiches.

"I'm guessing I'll have to share a room with her," I said sighing. "I've always had my own room. But now having a new girl in the house, it's going to seem funny. Having a stranger in the house, you know."

"She won't be a stranger for long," Yami said, glancing over at me. "I should thin you'd like it, having another girl around. It'll make one more voice to add when the gaggles gets together.

What he meant by "the gaggles" is he meant my friends Mai Valentine, Serenity Wheeler, Isis Ishtar, and my best friend Abetha Pegasus and I. He and the other guys like to tell us this when we all get really loud and make very loud noises like gaggle of geese.

"I dislike that word." I told him irritably. "There's nothing goosey about us. We girls are just friends that pick on each other and look for fun. We all have a lot of things in common. It's different just to have somebody else just join us. What is she giggles all the time and spits though her teeth when she talks and like to go to bed at nine o'clock?"

"I don't think she'll have much to giggle about," Yami reminded me, and I felt my face feel as hot as hot chilli. How stupid could I be.

"Of course not," I said. "That was dumb what I said. I'm being so horrid."

Yami didn't say anything. Instead he gave the rest of his sandwich up to skie who slurped them down as we didn't feed the dog for about a week.

"Look, I gotta go," he said, turning me direction. "I promised Yugi at home that I would run the game shop for a little bit while he helps grand-pa in the garden in the back. Look, you want to go to the movies or something tonight? There's Jennifer Lopez in Monster and Law?"

"I guess so." I said, But I haste to have to leave Caleb here all by himself. Gabe normally has drum rehearsal or something in the evening and with my parents gone------"

"Awh just bring him along," Yami said. "And besides, it's a family movie. I'll pick you two up at seven forty-five alright?"

"Okay." I said waving back at him as we walked out my gate and onto the sidewalk. Suddenly the yard was empty and the world was very still. I then picked up the pop cans that Yami and I where drinking and carried them across the yard and into the kitchen. The house was so quite I could hear myself breath into my nose.

I then had just noticed I had the whole house to myself, just for a few hours to be exact, much less just the whole afternoon. Mom was always at this time when she was home cooking or printing her pictures in a little dark room that father made for her in the garage.

I set the cans down on the table and when to the phone and punched in the number's to Abetha's house. The phone was answered on the second ring.

"Hello!" Someone screamed into the receiver. I knew it was her yami, Abtina.

"Abtina, yeah, is Abbey there?" I asked, and started to walk around my living room.

"Hold on." Abtina dropped the whole phone and once as she screamed for Abbey to answer the phone.

I waited.

"Hello?" Abbey's voice was now on the line.

"Hey Ab, it's me." I said.

"Ello Tea," She said, giggling.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to get into the conversation a little bit.

"Well I was practicing the piano, with my tutor, but I don't really care anymore." Abbey said.

"Won't he get mad?" I asked.

"No, hey my mum's paying a lot for this guy to teach me how to play "Etude In C minor Op. 25 No. 12" by some guy named Chopin in sum... Two, three weeks... So he'll wait. Come on over, you could start hanging out with me and test the tutors waiting !"

I shook my head. "Thanks but no thanks." I told her. We had played this game before. I come over her house, she abandon's the tutor, her mom get's mad, fires the tutor game. It's fun, but I'd rather not take my chances pushing it over the limit.

"So.. When are you folks coming back home?" She asked, blasting up the music in the background. "Have you heard anything from them?"

"Not one word. They said they would call when they get there to tell us what's happening from the police office. But still, no calls from them yet."
"Look Tea, trust me, they'll probably call you tonight or something. Look, I think I'm going to go down stairs and give this guy another chance to get his job not taken away from him. He's in his twenty's and he looks dead sexy. Alright."

"Alright," I said. "See you later, have fun."

I put the phone down on the couch and just stood there for a moment. Wondering what to do now. I was so use to people all around in the house. I then started to wonder if Kelly was a social kind of person, someone I could really talk to when I'm down or something. I wondered what her interest where.

If only I could remember the things aunt Yuriki wrote in the Christmas letter. I should have read more carefully, but that the time it had arrived, I had no use to it. Where was it now, I thought. Maybe long gone with Christmas wrappings and dried pine needles or possible it's still around somewhere? Mom normally kept Christmas cards, especially the one that contained phonographs or personal messages. Perhaps Aunt Yuriki letter was one.

With a big relief with finding an afternoon activity, I went upstairs as fast as I could and opened up the linen closet where there was a box that contained all Christmas cards my mother had kept from various years. When I opened it right up, my Aunt Yuriki's card was right on the top.

It was a homemade card, not a glossy, commercialized one. Just one with scraps of carburet paper and hand panted pictures on the card. There was a painting of and angel singing on a mountain top. I had seen the card when it had arrived on Christmas Eve last year, but I just didn't pay any much attention to it at all. Aunt Yuriki though, did make all the homemade cards. But now this was going to be the last card we would get from here ever again. I then sat down and really studied the card with all the little details she had put on it.

Aunt Yuriki did have a talent, that was apparent. The sweet face of the angle flowed with a special short of joy. Her hair fluffed out about her hand in the down brown halo and the brown eyes seemed to echo of the sky. Even I, knew a little about art, could tell that the hand that had helt the paint brush had moved with love.

I finally opened the card up to see Aunt Yuriki's message:

Dearsest Family,

Christmas is again here and joy abounds! Our little angel Kelly is home for the holiday's and the house is filled with may joyous voices! What a contrast to the last few months with Yumiashtah deep in rewrite of his novel with no one to talk to most of the day except Sarah Blane. Sarah's a local who has been working for us since last fall. Pleasant to have another female in the house but hardly a replacement of K. Hopefully things will be different next spring. Once Yumiash's books is finished he has agreed to come and spend time with the family so that Kelly may be with us her senior year. And the first thing on the agenda will visit with you! I can't believe that Gabriel has graduated and Tea is in high school, and I have never even seen Caleb. How life does mange to get away from us? Have a wonderful Christmas. This phone of the children is gorgeous Rosemarie. You must take some of K when we are together again.

Much, much love--- Yuriki

I just didn't know what to say as soon as I was done reading that bit of feeling. My heart beated silently as I looked down at the card again. I found tears dripping down as I had a tight feeling in my throat. How could a person one minute be this vitally alive- whiting, painting, making joyful plans- and be gone the next? Just gone! Just like that. The love closeness that must have existed between mother and daughter clearly showed plainly in every line. How lost a confused Kelly must be right now, how dreadfully, lonley!

She'll need us a lot, I thought, more then anybody ever needed anyone before. What a horrd person I must be, worrying about something as smalling as sharing my room. I'll like Kelly- in face, I'll love her. I'll be a real sister to her and not just her cousin. I'll do everything in my will to make her happy here. If only I--

I was starled by a sound of the door opening in the hall below. It must just be Caleb. I thought, and then, through the emtiness of the house a familiar voice called. "Hello? Anybody hope?"

"Mother!" I screamed, jamming all the cards together and thowing them into the closet and scrabbling to my feet and down the steps.

As I went down the stairs two at a time. My mom was standinf in the downstairs hallway, and my dad was coming through the door and putting the two suitcases down on the grownd. My eyes glanced at my mothers face. She looked lost, as if she was Kelly herself. I then swung my arms around her and gave her a big kiss.

"I'd didn't think you would be back home so soon!" I said not letting go of her.

"There was no funeral," Mother said. "There-wasn't no need for one. We decided to have a memorial service here instead. And there went't very many things to be packed. Yuriki and Yumiashtah collected alot of material things."

There was a pause in her voice as she huggled me back wiht intensity that showed the strain the past few days she had put apone her.

"How are things here?" She asked. "Has everything gone alright? Where's the boy's?"

"Gabe's working," I said, "and Cal's out biking. Everyone's been fine, but we've missed you. I'm glad you're home!'

"And where glad too," Mother said loosing her arms around me and I stepped back to reach out a hand to the girl who was standing behind my fathers from in the door was.

She was not what I expected at all. She was a thin girl with long, very light blong hair that hung halfway to her waist. Her brows were heavy, her face narrow and sallow. But her eyes even now, thinking back apone the that moment, I cannot begin to describe my first impression of eyes. They where deep and dark full with decrets. Haunting eyes. Haunted eyes. They where the stangest eyes I had ever seen.

"Tea," Mother said with a gental tone in her voice, "this is Kelly

_________________________

Discalimer ness- phewh! done that chapture

Bakura- hazza!

Discliamer ness- REVIEW!!!

Bakura- Yeah! REVIEW!!!

Discalimer ness- c ya all im off 2 bed!

Converting /tmp/phpayDTNm to /dev/stdout