Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A battle for Freedom ❯ Once a Family Always a Family ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Two

Once a Family Always a Family

Yugi and his friends were sitting in class listening to the teacher read out a new poem to inspire them. He wasn't good at writing American poetry. In fact, he down right sucked at it. Japanese style he could do. He looked out the window for help when he saw a girl running quickly up to the school. A black backpack bounced up and down as she hurried to the steps and disappeared from sight. It wasn't long before everyone heard the thundering footsteps hurrying threw the halls. There was a stop as a pair of sneakers squeaked across the tile floors and a clatter on books and pencils followed. There was a short silence.

"… As I sat there gently napping," continued the teacher as he recited The Raven. "Came there a rapping, rapping and my chamber door. Quoted the raven…"

"Sorry I'm late," a voice replied. Kari stepped into the classroom. "I kind of over slept,"

"I was informed that you would not be joining us today, Ms. Motachi,"

"I wasn't feeling well this morning," Kari replied as she sat down and pulled out a piece of paper. "I'm better now,"

The teacher nodded and continued the poem.

Seto, whom was sitting near, frowned at her knowing there was something else.

"Now," The teacher replied as he put the book away and looked at the class. Ã would like for you all to say hello to Ms. Emily Pegasus, our new student,"

A shy looking girl entered the room. She wore a hot pink colored dress that was about five inches about the knees. She had long blond hair and held tightly around a Silver Fang Plush toy. She looked almost child like if it wasn't because of her height. She carried an equal pink backpack with her insoles stitched in them. Yugi looked to his side only to see Kari shrink in her seat, covering her face. Emily smiled happily at the class. Seto just sat there like a bulldog, ready to rip her throat out.

"Does anyone have any questions for Ms. Pegasus?"

"I do!" a boy cried out as his hand shout into the air. "Are you related to the Maximillion Pegasus?"

"Yeah!" She replied. It was a high pitched voice. "His my dad,"

A clatter of chair sounded threw the room. Yugi looked to his side to see Kari lying on the floor.

"Shit!" She hissed as she got up, still covering her face from sight.

"Sorry," She muttered as she peeked threw her hair. Emily was still looking at her.

"Please continue," The teacher replied annoyed. "Do you have any other family members?"

"I use to," Emily replied.

"Shut up, Emily! You'll blow my clover!"

"Who?"

"My cousin Kari," Emily replied. "She use to live with us, after her parents and sister died. My Aunt Molly died because of an illness in Egypt. After that, my Uncle John and my cousins Kari and Daisy lived in Sidney. After both Uncle John and Cousin Daisy died in a car crash about nine years ago, Kari came to live with us, but she ran away,"

"We have someone call Kari in this class," A girl replied as she looked at Kari. "Maybe you two are related, aye Motachi?"

Kari stood up, her fits crunched up and her face color matching her hair. Nobody could see her eyes, but Yugi and Seto were positive that they were on fire. Kari turned angrily to the girl.

"MIND YOUR OWN BUISSNESS!" She growled and felt Emily hugging her.

"Cousin Kari!" She cried happily. `Clash!' this time it was Yugi and Seto who fell to the floor. "I've missed you!"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Kari screamed as she pushed Emily away. Emily looked hurt, then smile.

"Oh it's your game!" She replied. Bukura stared. Was the girl brain dead or something? "Hey you finished that Egyptian thingy!"

"Leave me alone," Kari hissed and hurried out of the room. She stopped at the door and turned. "This was a mistake! I shouldn't have come!"

She hurried down the halls, abandoning her backpack and friends confused and worried. Tears burned her eyes until she tripped down the stair. She cried out at her knee hit the floor hard and the skin ripped. She bit her lip as she rocked back and forth, waiting for the pain to pass.

"My, my," A voice replied. Kari felt her anger rise again. She knew that voice. It was the voice she had spent two years hating. "My dear young Kari. What happened?"

"Leave me the hell alone!" Kari growled as she got up. Blood dripped down her leg as she tried to walk past the man. "Please move Mr. Pegasus!"

"It's good to see you again, Kari,"

Kari backtracked. He wasn't going to move, and she wasn't going to wait for the scum to do so.

"I'll see you later Kari," Pegasus called after her. "After all, once a family, always a family,"

Kari froze as she heard the words. Her mom use to say those words when she and Daisy got into fights. Turning the corner of the school outside, Kari leaned against the wall, slowly sledded down and started to cry. She was still trapped by him.