Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A battle for Freedom ❯ Seto to the Rescue ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Eight

Seto to the Rescue

Seto was walking in a pit of darkness. He felt his fingers slid along to walls, guiding him threw the maze. Dame the memories. The darkness reminded him of the time he was trapped inside the card. He remembered the feeling of helplessness, and emptiness, the memory of the cold and dark land where nothing moved at all. He shivered. His foot hit something. He heard the sound of tin, rolling on the stone floor. Bending down, Seto felt the cold melt. A flashlight!

"Please work!" Seto begged in his mind as he flipped the switch. "YES!"

He looked around him, shinning the beam of light in front of him. It looked like the dungeons on the Duelist Kingdom, where Mokuba had been kept captive. He shocked his head to get rid of the image of his baby brother chained to the wall. He walked around looking at the empty cells, until he found one where he could smell something horrible. He shined the light into it. He felt all his hate and sadness build up inside of him. Kari was sitting, well sort of sitting on the ground. Her hands had been chained high above her head, which was resting on her chest. A white bandanna was bound around her mouth. Her arms looked as if she had been scratched at by a tiger and burnt by fire. Seto wanted to vomit over the stench on burnt human flesh. Kari's body was bloody and bruised. Seto began immediately working on the lock.

"You shouldn't be here!" Emily's voice replied. Seto turned to see her holding the leash of a huge husky. "You shouldn't mess in thing that don't concern you either,"

"This does concern me Emily," Seto said coldly. The dog growled. "This is kidnapping,"

"You know," Emily replied as she played with the dog's leash. "Jewel doesn't seem to like you very much,"

"So that's Jewel!" Seto thought as he remembered the diary.

"I could just let her go," Emily smirked. "You know, we trained her to kill,"

Seto watch the dog growl even more dangerously. He reached into his pocket for his knife. Emily released the leash and the dog sprang forth.

"Forgive me Kari!" Seto thought.

Pegasus turned to hear the distant yelp of a dog. Kari or who ever she was, didn't seem to care. She just stood in front of Yugi, playing with her cards, mocking him. Yami stepped forward and onto the plate form.

"Step down, Yami!" Kari ordered. Yami and the others stared. "I have no business with you!"

"What do you mean?" Yami asked fearing the answer.

"Yugi was the one whom challenged me," Kari replied annoyed. Then asked in a mocking tune. "Or are he too scared to battle and needs his big brother to protected him?"

Yugi's eyes seemed to be on fire. "Bring it on!"

"Yugi!" Yami cried out but was pushed away.

"I'm going to prove that you aren't Kari!"

"Oh! But I am!" Kari laughed evil. "And you'll soon come to accept the fact that your little Kari that you hold dear is gone!"

Seto pushed the dead dog off of his chest. He had stabbed it threw the throat and it had died on impart. Seto felt the gross feeling of the warm blood flowing onto his hand. Emily backed away and tried to make a run for it, but Seto grabbed her quickly and covered her mouth. The little witch kicked him in the shine.

"Sorry!" Seto replied in a not-so-regretting voice and knocked Emily unconscious. He allowed her to fall the ground and returned his attention on getting Kari out.

"Kari!" He whispered as loud as he could to her. "Kari! Are you okay?"

She didn't answer. Seto heard the lock click and hurried over to his little sister.

"Kari?" He asked. She looked pale. He touched her face, holding it up to his eyes. She opened her eyes a little, looking dazed and lost. They looked unfocused at him before rolling up the back of her head and she went limp. Seto started to unlock the chains around her arms.

"Please live Kari," Seto started to beg. "Please don't die on me,"

Yugi felt his clothes press onto his body. Kari was playing good, like she always had. A sudden gush of wind blow Yugi right of the platform and if Yami hadn't been prepare for it, Yugi would have felt the marble floor instead on his dark side's arms. Kari stood on the other side. Yugi had lost his last life points.

"You are weak!" She cried out and gave a snort. "You can't even stay on the plate…form,"

Yugi turned to see Seto running into the hall, carrying a lifeless bundle in his arms.

"We have to leave!" He yelled.

"What for?" Tea asked looking confused.

"Kari's dying!" Seto replied as he got next to them. "She's lost a lot of blood. I don't think she's breathing,"

"WHO ARE YOU!" Yugi screamed in rage. Yami backed away from him. He had never felt so much anger and hate in Yugi before.

"I am Kari," she answered, shacking her head. "You just haven't seen me before. You call me Yami Kari!"

Yugi gasped as the girl changed to a girl that looked like Kari but more insane.

"Prepare to die Yugi Motou!" She screamed as Naffinni appeared.

"BE GONE DEAMON!" She screamed back at Yami Kari. "RUN YUGI!"

No one needed to be told twice.

Hi there. Hope you like it so far. I forgot to ask before but seto-san. What do you mean with `who's Kari lover boy?'? If you are talking about the dairy, it isn't a secret boyfriend or a stoker. It's Pegasus. Kari describes him as a monster, the grim, what ever equals death and deception. He's her boogie- man. Now if you are asking who is deeply in love with her, you'll have to read the story and wait till I have the last chapter ready. Thank you for your reviews. All of you.

Kari

Please Review.