Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Day At the Park ❯ Quit Poking Me! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for the reviews! I didn't know many people would like this.

This chapter may not be as funny as the other ones. I had a little trouble getting the story out of my head and into words.

Chapter 4: Quit Poking Me!

"How about we go relax by the pond?" Yugi suggested.

"Ah, yes." Yami stretched and yawned. "I could go for that."

Yugi put a finger to his lip. "I think the pond is over that way." He pointed to the direction. "But first I'm going to make a wish." He winked at Yami and turned toward the water fountain. "I have some change left from buying our ice cream."

Yami watched closely as his partner closed his eyes and threw a coin in the crystal clear water. It made a small simple splash and joined the rest of the money that was thrown in by hopeful people. Yami looked at Yugi who then opened his eyes revealing the violet orbs. "What did you wish for, koi?"

Yugi smiled. "If I tell you then it won't come true."

"Aww, come on koi. I want to know."

"Oh, all right." Yugi looked straight into the amethyst eyes. "I wished that you and I will always be together no matter what and nothing will ever breaks us apart." A tint of pink appeared on Yugi's cheeks.

"Yugi.." Yami hugged him tightly. //I'll make sure that wish comes true.//

/Me too./ Yugi nestled in the pharaoh's arms. The skies darken a little.

"We better get going if you want see the pond, aibou" Yugi nodded and took the spirit's hand.

" I think it's this way."

***

Yami and Yugi settled on the cool grass in front of an oak tree. The pond was right in front of them. They could hear birds chirping, ducks quacking, and other little creatures. Both leaned back against the tree and enjoyed the scene. There was a warm breeze. It brushed against the cute couple. Yami yawned and cuddled Yugi in his arms. Yugi, who did the same, suddenly became very sleepy. As time went on, the couple fell asleep under the shade of the oak tree. Yami soon began to have a dream.

"Come on aibou," the pharaoh moaned. He lied down on the couch and placed his head on Yugi's lap.

"Not now Yami! I'm trying to beat your score on my Tetris game!" Yugi kept his eyes on the GameBoy screen and frantically kept pushing buttons.

"Love, you know you're not going to beat my score. It's way too high. I gave up after two days straight of playing that."

"Yeah, I know, but I'm already half way there." He said still concentrating on the screen.

"Aibou, instead of trying to beat my score, wouldn't you rather go upstairs and…" Something poked Yami's head.

"What was that?" Yugi asked, still playing. The pharaoh looked around trying to see who (or what) poked him.

"I was saying wouldn't you rather…" He was poked again.

'Gah! Who keeps on poking me!' Yami lifted his head off of Yugi and rolled off the couch. When he landed on the floor the 'thing' kept poking his head.

"Quit poking my head!" he tried to wave it away with his hands.

Back in reality…

Yami kept moving in his sleep causing Yugi to wake up. Yugi sat up and looked at his yami. He almost burst into a fit of giggles when he saw what was bugging Yami. There was a pigeon on his head.

/Yami. Yami wake up!/ Yugi tried shaking his leg.

//What, ugh…Yugi?// he looked at Yugi with sleepy violet eyes.

/There's a pigeon on your head./

//What?//

/I said there's a pigeon on your head!/

Yami rolled his eyes up to his forehead to see that indeed there was a bird nestled in his hair. It poked him with its beak.

"Ow! Yugi, get it off me!" Yami tried shooing it away with his hands, but the bird wouldn't move. It poked him again. "Ow! Damn pigeon! Get off!" he growled and tried shaking his head.

Yugi laughed and shooed the pigeon. It cooed and flew away into the sky, which was turning into shades of orange and red.

Yami growled again. "I hate birds. Especially pigeons. They always seem to think my hair is my nest for some reason. It didn't leave anything, did it?"

Yugi got up on his knees and inspected his hair. "Nope. I don't see anything." Yami sighed in relief. Yugi got up to his feet and gazed into the sky. "Look at that sunset. It's beautiful."

Yami, who seemed to have recovered from the "pigeon attack", got up beside Yugi and placed an arm around his shoulder. "Just like you." He kissed him on the cheek. Yugi giggled. " We better get home before it gets dark, aibou."

"Yami! I'm old enough to stay out late! Even grandpa knows that!"

"Yes, but you're so cute and innocent it's hard to tell. Besides I want to go home so we could…"

There was some screams and laughter.

They looked around to what it was. Yugi spotted what was going on. "Oh look! There's a carnival on the other side of the park! Let's go there!"

"But Yugi we don't hardly have any money."

"That's okay. We can just look and see what they have and come again tomorrow. I don't really feel like going home yet to tell the truth." He grinned.

"Okay then," Yami still really wanted to go home.

***

I'm not really satisfied. I could have done better. *mopes*

I'll try to make next the next chapter a bit more entertaining like a Kaiba/Jou appearance. This might be the next to last chapter. *is running out of ideas*

Read & Review?