Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Master And His Slave ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Two - The beginning…. Of the end?

It was midnight, and Ashley had never felt as foolish as she did right at that moment. She stood in her brother's doorway, starring at his sleeping form uneasily. Ryou was a light sleeper and that might mean trouble if he were to wake up while she was `burrowing' his necklace.

The Egyptian relic was right where she had left it. She was apprehensive about what the spirit had planned for her, but she was also a little bit curious. Duelmonsters would be involved, whatever the case and that was enough to stop her from backing down.

She crept across the room and gently picked up the Egyptian necklace. It jingled slightly as she lifted it and she froze, eyes locked onto her brother. He rolled over, back to her, and started to snore softly. She sighed, and managed to make it out of the room and down the hall without another sound.

She slipped the necklace on as she entered the living room, and it flashed, briefly lighting up the room. Bakura crossed his arms and glared at her. "You're late," he accused.

She glared right back. "Only by a few minutes. Now what do you want?"

He turned and walked toward the front door. "Come with me," was his only response. She didn't budge and when he reached the door, he turned to send her a dark look. "Don't make me repeat myself," he rumbled.

She started forward, her gut feeling telling her it would an unfortunate happening if she got him angry. He opened the door and she followed him out into the night. He took her down to the nearby park, near the lake on its eastern boarder. He turned to her and held up a deck of Duelmonsters cards. "Did you bring yours?"

She pulled out her own deck, and he nodded approvingly. "Good. Now we're going to have a small duel, little one. If you win, I won't tell Ryou you were in his room. If I win…I'll tell him. Perhaps I'll even throw in something…. interesting to tell him."

"What!? No!"

"No?" he grinned devilishly. "Then how about this proposition: if I win, you're mine."

"What?"

"Must I spell it out? You will call me Master and do as I command of you. You will be mine."

"Never!"

"Would you rather take the chance I might win?"

She glared at him. She hated this, hated it with a passion. Feeling like she'd been backed into a corner was not a feeling she enjoyed. She had always been honest with her brother. Always. There was nothing she'd ever lied to him about. No promise she'd ever broken. And staying out of his room…. It was such a simple promise. What would Ryou think if she couldn't keep an easy promise like that? "Fine…I accept your dumb bet."

"Hardly dumb, considering what's at stake."

A/N: Short I know, but this isn't the entire chapter.

You: What?

Yep, this isn't the entire chapter! I stopped mid way.

You: WHY?

^-^ `Cause. I fell like torturing you.

You: >=(

Joking, joking! The REAL reason is this: Tamra of Egypt brought something important to my attention. Ryou is basically Bakura's reincarnation, correct? Originally, I had planned there to be romance between Bakura and Ashley. But seeing as how they're basically brother and sister…. It bothers me…. a bunch.

Here's what I'll do. . . Make a vote for one of the following pairings:

Malik/Ashley (I can't choose between him or Bakura. They're both at Number One in my YGO faves.)

Marik/Ashley (Malik's Yami scares me sometimes…. Okay, I take it back. He scares me ALL the time, lol. But I put him here because for some crazy reason I think he's cool. It'd be a challenge, yes, but I like challenges. >=) )

Kaiba/Ashley (Before I actually got to see Bakura or Malik in action, I used to be obsessed with him! I've got a sketch book that's half Seto pics! oO)

I'm leaving my fate in YOUR hands. The pairing you guys choose will determine whether or not Ashley wins her duel with Bakura. What pairing will determine a win or loss? Like I'm gonna tell ya! ~_^ Don't make me regret this, though! ^-^ And heck, I'll have fun no matter what pairing you choose! Just try me! *evil cackle* Now, review and vote!

P.S. And thank you to all the wonderful people who actually reviewed! In the beginning I hardly got anything and I almost took this down a few times! But I kept convincing myself to wait a little longer, a little longer, a little longer. . . And bingo, people started to review. Patience IS a virtue! *worships reviewers* Thankyouthankyouthankyou!