Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A mended Heart ❯ Train Ride ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok.... here's chapter 2. I hope you all like my story so far- if you don't please leave any suggestions on how I can make it better! Thanks; read and review!

( I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, or any of it's characters)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2: 55 pm. Why won't the god damn bell ring?!? There were but five minutes left, and it felt as if it were an eternity. All of the students were ready to go, but among all of them, two inparticular. The young white-haired man sat impatiently in his desk, steadily tapping his finger. He needed to be freed from this prison.... he needed to be relieved of this torture. God, he just needed to get away from the school. The teacher droned on and on about some subject that he was already, all too familiar with. He had long since stopped paying attention. The topic of the conversation was ancient Egypt.... and he had his yami to help him if he needed it. ' Just five more minutes.... then I'm free'

2: 56 pm. Alexandra sat quietly in her desk, awaiting the bell to ring. She wanted badly to leave... she wanted badly to see Ryou again. Alas... she could not. She could easily find a way out of class... there's the bathroom, the nurse, the water fountain.... but she decided she would stay. She wanted to make a good first impression with her new teachers, and she wasn't about to blow it. The conversation in her class was about the life-style of Americans. She needn't pay attention to that class... she had just transferred from America, and knew more than anyone else in that class about her own life-style. She was slightly annoyed at this... ' How dare they keep me in here? They know damn well that I'm from America! Why stick me in this class?!?' The anger she felt shown all throughout her eyes. She was ready to leave, and she was ready NOW.

2: 57 pm. Both students were exasperated. They had had enough of their teachers. The clock seemed to be moving even slower now. Ryou and Alexandra both just wanted to destroy the clock.

<< tick>>

2: 58 pm.

<< tock>>

2: 59 pm.

The clock had almost reached three. Both students were practically falling out of their seats. A few seconds remained..... 5--------4--------3---------2--------1 << RING!!!!!>>

Every student had rushed out of the room before the teacher could utter out their closing statement. Ryou waited anxiously at the spot they had decided to meet. He was clearly ticked at how long the teacher had made him wait for this moment, and he was ready to leave.

She had just walked out of the classroom. The teacher had congradulated her on her arival to Japan. She had smiled warmly at the teacher... but in her mind, she wanted to kill him. She was finally dismissed, so she ran out into the hallway. She saw him standing there. Her white-haired friend stood there with a sad look upon his face. Alexandra was worried.... could she have been the cause of his sadness?

Ryou was indeed upset. 'Maybe she didn't really want to go..... maybe..maybe she just forgot about me..' All of these thoughts ran through his mind. A frown was plastered on his face. His back was pressed up against the wall. His hands were crossed behind his back, and his right foot was slightly raised off of the ground and put on the wall. He sighed. He really wanted to go.... not necessarily to get away from school... just to spend some time with her.

Alexandra walked up to Ryou. He didn't notice her, so she lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He was startled by her sudden appearance. She smiled warmly at him. " Are you ready to go?" she asked. He nodded with a smile. The hallway was overrun with students. Ryou didn't want to lose her in the crowd, so he quickly took her hand, and led her outside.

Once away from the rush of the students, the two had decided to walk to the train station. They both figured that Ryou's house would be the best place to study, only thing was... his house was across town. It wasn't a problem though. They had finally reached the train station, when Alexandra looked down at their still interlocked hands. "Ryou?" she smiled. " Yes?" he responded. " I think.... I think you can let go of my hand now." He blushed... he hadn't realized that he was still holding onto her hand. He quickly let go. He was thoroughly embarassed, but that quickly subsided when Alexandra gave him yet another friendly smile.

They boarded the train, and found two unoccupied seats. Ryou's stop was the last one, so they had plent of time for idle chatter. Stop after stop, more people left the train. Two stops away from theirs, and they were the last two on the train. They had about 15 minutes left.

The train entered a tunnel; it greatly resembled a New York subway. The tunnel was lit with small lights of red and blue. You would occasionally see a green here or there as well. Alexandra had fallen asleep in her seat. The lights of the tunnel reflected on her face, making her look radiant in Ryou's eyes. He wanted to go to her.... he wanted to wrap her up in his arms to keep her warm. She looked like she was cold, and it killed him knowing that he didn't have a blanket for her. So, he did the next best thing. He removed his blue overcoat, and gently layed it over Alexandra. Luckily, he had on an undershirt.

Alexandra stirred in her sleep, but welcomed the newly found warmth. She still shivered though, causing Ryou to become irritated with the fact that he couldn't help. Ryou did the only thing he could think of. He sat next to her, and wrapped his arms around her. He blushed as he did so, but that quickly subsided when Alexandra stopped shivering. Her head had rolled to the side, finding itself on Ryou's shoulder. He smiled at the thought of them just staying on the train like this, but he quickly shook that thought out of his head. Their stop was less than a minute away.

The train came to a sudden halt, causing the sleeping passanger to lunge forward. She woke up as she was falling, and expected to hit the ground. Surprisingly enough... she made no contact with the train floor. She looked up to see beautiful brown eyes staring worriedly at her. She noticed his strong arms wrapped around her waist, stopping her from falling. She sat up and smiled at him.She handed him back his jacket. She gave a simple reply. A " Thank you" was all that was heard from her. When the doors finally opened, she gave an acknowledging smile, and walked out of the train. Ryou quickly followed. He frowned.

' Why is she doing that? She's blocking me out.... like she's trying to avoid becoming a close friend' When he noticed Alexandra looking at him, he quickly masked up his sadness with a smile.
She gazed at him. She could tell that he was distraught about something. She figured that it was because of her...she knew what she was doing. " I won't. " she said silently. ' I won't allow myself to fall again. I fell for someone once, and look where it put me.... No. It's not going to happen again.'

They walked in silence, with a few occasional glances. They had finally reached a small restaurant. It was just like the one that Ryou's friend Tea worked at. Before walking through the small doors, Ryou had sopped Alexandra by putting a hand lightly on her shoulder. She gave him a warm, yet inquisitive look. " Did I do something wrong?" he asked. She shook her head, while saying no. They both walked into the little soda shop, and waited on the line.